• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
  • Answers to questions
    To all who cannot Download the video: I'll try to use a diferent host.

Zerus: Keep trying, try to improve your story or maybe more features, in the end, it'll be ok.

Vipershark:Thanks, correct the title is extracted from Pinball but with added beeping, the battle is a mix of the normal and the Regirock etc battles, but if I could I'd insert it, I'l se if it'll work from a midi, but I doubt it.

Hack News
    Vipershark is correct about improvements, I've done the tree's and there's one more colour, so don't bother giving me now unless you class them really good, I'm happy with these. I've got to edit 1 palette and I'll show a screen, but it'll be later if I don't get the database error as I can't work on it now.
    Edit:
    Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over
    In the perfect scale of two tiles with an added colour, also notice the overlap, just like D/P.

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Kingofgames200g:Thanks

Zerus: Your welcome, I've never hacked final fantasy, I played the PS1 version and didn't like it. Good luck anyway.

I've got through a few things at the moment, but sadly after tommorow I won't be able to update until next Tuesday as I won't have an internet socket for my laptop. I can still work on the hack though. So I'm not releasing anything as I've given Vipershark some things to post for me on certain days. I'll answer all questions after Wednesday on the Tuesday. But for the moment I can still answer questions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    This hack seem's to be getting better and better
    i thought it was only to be a graphics hack when it started
    if im wrong please nevermind me
    and i've been watching this since i seen the topic posted
    srry if i havent given you any incouragement until now it's just
    alot of people claim they are doing such and such and never finish it
    but also never tell anyone they've discontinued there project grrrr
    but you seem to be very dedicated to this project
    so i wish you the best of luck and hope no technical's occur

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks, yes, it is a graphics hack but with D/P so you're correct. It doesn't matter over encouragement, it's nice to even see people reading the thread and appreiating my work. Yes I am fairly dedicated, like anyone I have bad days where I just don't want to do hacking, but yet other days it's quite relaxing and fun. I can never guarentee the hack will not die as things go wrong, but I keep back-ups and I'm very careful whilst checking things, but I can promise that wherever I get up to I'll post a patch. I don't expect it to die, in fact I'm astouded at my own work. So thanks.

Anyway I'm working on something BIG *cough, cough, houses..., cough, cough...* and I've given Vipershark a few things to post for me over the next few days while I cannot get on the internet, so watch out for that as it might be ...remotly related to what I just said, don't get excited though, they're not inserted fully.

Lyoid

Delta Atacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    i have some new stuff that you can use:
    .pokewiki.de/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_und_Pearl/Screenshots
    and here some videos:
    .pokewiki.de/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_und_Pearl/Videos

(man the 15 post limit is stupid xD k dont vorget the www)

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
  • (Posting on behalf of Green Charizard - written on 31st July)
    Green Charizard said:
    I have no internet connection where I am (on holiday) at the moment so I've given Vipershark a few things to post on my behalf, just to keep you waiting to see a few screens etc. I still have my laptop so I can work ona few things.
    I've managed to finally sort out the houses here's a taster, ( just need to insert and palette edit )

Vipershark says: It looks like it's coming out really good!

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2013
    I've got an idea!Make the houses 3-D. The gba is capable of using 3-D graphics and Super Monkey Ball Jr.is on of the games that supports this.

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
  • I've got a question for Green Charizard: Will the doors actually open and stuff? What about Pokecenters?

Sorry for the double post.

(Posting on behalf of Green Charizard - written on 31st July)
    Green Charizard said:
    I should be able to post on Mon/Tuesday to answer your questions (please note I cannot view the thread at this stage) if everything has gone to plan I will of probably managed to inset the house by now, so if I have (I hope I have when this is posted) I will then be improving a few things, like spriting the male character.
    here's a random screen too.

I now you've seen bit's of this before, again not a real town, but look at the trees on the right

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Lyoid said:
    i have some new stuff that you can use:
    .pokewiki.de/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_und_Pearl/Screenshots
    and here some videos:
    .pokewiki.de/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_und_Pearl/Videos

(man the 15 post limit is stupid xD k dont vorget the www)
    Thanks, I'll use it.
    funguy10 said:
    I've got an idea!Make the houses 3-D. The gba is capable of using 3-D graphics and Super Monkey Ball Jr.is on of the games that supports this.
    It's almost imposible. That only works as when you walk it changes the tile your on to give the impression of movement. Can you imagine making all those tilesets and all the heex work to go with it? So yeah good idea but... it's not going to happen.
    Vipershark said:
    Will the doors actually open and stuff? What about Pokecenters?
    If I can find where they are...
    BuoyselLover said:
    Boy, this looks really good! I enjoyed the video, but I have one question: How exactly did u mix together two songs???
    Anyway, those 'downgraded' houses look good, and I can't wait to see this finished!
    Sappy, export the parts of the songs that you want and then import them all at once by ticking more the song sections that you want.

Also I've finally done the houses.

I might add a chimney, I doubt I could squeeze it in to that tileset though.

Vipershark, thanks by the way that helped.

Lyoid

Delta Atacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    looks very cool ^^
    i hope some screens from the D/P PkmnCenter/market will be realeased ^^

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Vipershark said:
    So you're making custom pokecenters and buildings and stuff too, right?
    Right but I don't know when, maybe before beta 1, maybe not
    Lyoid said:
    looks very cool ^^
    i hope some screens from the D/P PkmnCenter/market will be realeased ^^
    So do I..lol...my next job...but maybe after the signs, mapping and maybe a release

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back