• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
found something awkward.
when fighting your rival outside of the 4th gym, sometimes this will happen:
bronzorusedu.png

the music continues to play, but the game just hangs there.

anywho, i managed to beat him the second time around since he just used tackle, so back to playing for me. :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2020
i still got a black screen when battling my rival south of latim city. Havent even start the battle.

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Glitchv1.jpg

I get stuck here too.

It also happens when you go through the grass, so put a repel on and don't battle him until a new beta

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Yeah I thought that I had accidentally used the wrong pallete in some parts of the tilemap too. I went over those areas with the correct palletes but it didn't make a difference. Giratina and Arceus are in the same tilemap. The Giratina sprite just uses a different pallete to Arceus.
Well as for the flashing, I can relate to that. As you can see in my background, it isn't perfect. I changed palette, and moved the "Press Start" to the bottom, but it just kept flashing, where it should have been. So I just moved the mountains up a little bit more(because they're brown, and that's what I changed the palette of the "Flashing start" to), and it blinks, brown now...If you catch my drift of course..I know it isn't explained very good, but thethethethe was right about the ASM Code, I've been trying to find it, for a while now.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
found something awkward.
when fighting your rival outside of the 4th gym, sometimes this will happen:
bronzorusedu.png

the music continues to play, but the game just hangs there.

anywho, i managed to beat him the second time around since he just used tackle, so back to playing for me. :3
Thanks for reporting that, some of the Pokemon data has been corrupted. Don't worry though with some repointing it can be fixed. It doesn't happen to any Pokemon you can catch though so it shouldn't be a big problem.

Well as for the flashing, I can relate to that. As you can see in my background, it isn't perfect. I changed palette, and moved the "Press Start" to the bottom, but it just kept flashing, where it should have been. So I just moved the mountains up a little bit more(because they're brown, and that's what I changed the palette of the "Flashing start" to), and it blinks, brown now...If you catch my drift of course..I know it isn't explained very good, but thethethethe was right about the ASM Code, I've been trying to find it, for a while now.
Originally it was the background that would flash and I had to do a lot of experimentation to find out which colours in the pallete were doing it so that I could make it so it was the stars that were flashing. I think its fine though it almost looks intentional.

I was going to keep this a secret for Beta 4 but I don't think theres really any point. After you beat the Pokemon League you'll have the opportunity to travel to certain parts of Johto and Hoenn. Every Legendary that can't be caught in Serao will be catchable in either Johto or Hoenn. This means legendaries native to those regions will be in their usual places but so will a few Kanto legendaries. The only Legendaries not in the game are Lati@s.

You'll also be able to get 8 new badges from the two new areas to unlock one final area. I guess I sort of copied the idea from G/S/C. :P For a hint as to which Cities, Routes will be in those new regions, think about those that are close to places where Legendaries dwell.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2020
if you got the fixed version of it, it should work, it just takes a little bit for the battle to start.

OK i got it to work finally... takes close to 1 minute. After i that i went to the cave.. theres a man and a cutting tree...and the man dosent say anything.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
OK i got it to work finally... takes close to 1 minute. After i that i went to the cave.. theres a man and a cutting tree...as i have no cut and the man dosent say anything, i real stuck now immediately after latim city.
A minute? Seriously? I'm not really sure why thats happening to be honest. I looked at the script and I couldn't see what might be causing it.

Its been far too long without updates with screenshots so I'm going to give you some now. Here are all the towns that are going to be in Johto.

Olivine City
Spoiler:

Ecruteak City
Spoiler:

Violet City
Spoiler:

Azalea Town
Spoiler:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Nice updates there dshayabusa and yeah screenshots are nice, any closer to the beta ?

I like that we can go to Hoenn and Johto, would have been nice if we could visit a few places of Kanto but ya can't have it all I guess :)

Good luck with the hack :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
H-hey! You stole my idea! xD
It sounds and looks pretty nice, though...The mapping is really...well re-made, let's say. Just a thing: You can make half-steps for that part north of the Violet Pokemon Center. With three-step wide path and two ledges.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Nice updates there dshayabusa and yeah screenshots are nice, any closer to the beta ?

I like that we can go to Hoenn and Johto, would have been nice if we could visit a few places of Kanto but ya can't have it all I guess :)

Good luck with the hack :)
I never really liked Kanto and even if I did it would be quite hard to include it since I would run out of flight paths. I plan on utilizing all 4 world maps.

Theres a bit more left to do but I have finished mapping all the cities and routes, there is only one forest and cave left to go (oh, and the Indigo Plateau as well). On the scripting side I've got quite a lot to do but if I can find the motivation we could have beta 3 released this year.

H-hey! You stole my idea! xD
It sounds and looks pretty nice, though...The mapping is really...well re-made, let's say. Just a thing: You can make half-steps for that part north of the Violet Pokemon Center. With three-step wide path and two ledges.
Not sure what you mean. Do you want me to remove the ledges?

Years
what the heck is this?

i get out of my house and get my pokemon, and i get poisoined by a nidoran, and then i goto my house to get healed and all of a sudden im facing a chancey

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Awesome hack but......

I'm not saying your hack sucks or anything in that manner but I have a problem.
When I came back from Felridge to give DAD the parcel I went into my house and ended up in a cafe with what I presume are the hero's friends and then had to fight a lvl. 30 Chansey. I only had a lvl. 10 Mareep and I hadn't saved, anyway to fix this?
Other than that, this is an awesome hack, the storyline is rich and the mapping is pretty good apart from the occassional mapping errors which appear in EVERY hack I've made, so no complaints in that department

Years
I'm not saying your hack sucks or anything in that manner but I have a problem.
When I came back from Felridge to give DAD the parcel I went into my house and ended up in a cafe with what I presume are the hero's friends and then had to fight a lvl. 30 Chansey. I only had a lvl. 10 Mareep and I hadn't saved, anyway to fix this?
Other than that, this is an awesome hack, the storyline is rich and the mapping is pretty good apart from the occassional mapping errors which appear in EVERY hack I've made, so no complaints in that department

This is the solution, start all over again.

First go and choose your Pokemon (Mareep/Trapinch/
Now go up to the grass and avoid the trainer who has the Nidoran.
Keep going up and eventually you'll enter the Museum and Prof. Oak will give you a PokeDex.
After Oak leaves the building, talk to the guy on the far right he'll give you the Parcels.
Now leave the Museum and DO NOT ENTER THE POKEMON CENTRE
Go Back to your house and you will face a Chansey and lose to her on purpose and after that you will end up in house getting healed by your Mom, and not in the Pokemon Centre.
And from there you can give the Parcels to your Dad.

Hope this helped.

NVM I evolved my mareep xD

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
This is the solution, start all over again.

First go and choose your Pokemon (Mareep/Trapinch/
Now go up to the grass and avoid the trainer who has the Nidoran.
Keep going up and eventually you'll enter the Museum and Prof. Oak will give you a PokeDex.
After Oak leaves the building, talk to the guy on the far right he'll give you the Parcels.
Now leave the Museum and DO NOT ENTER THE POKEMON CENTRE
Go Back to your house and you will face a Chansey and lose to her on purpose and after that you will end up in house getting healed by your Mom, and not in the Pokemon Centre.
And from there you can give the Parcels to your Dad.

Hope this helped.

NVM I evolved my mareep xD
Wow, I have no idea how that could have happened. I'm even more suprised that it wasn't reported earlier. Well anyway I've uploaded another beta 2 with that bug fixed. If you're wondering why its in a .zip file its because the patch is larger than 1MB.

Back