• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Gray - y/n? [ #20 ]

Pokémon Gray, yesss, nooo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Agree with that ;)
    Maybe Kyu gets new form :)

Your statement is full of good reason but somehow I don't fell it's gonna happen...
    And... NO MORE USA please! I wanna go back to Japan O_o
    I mean I liked Isshu's cities but it was because of new graphic =)

lol boooo we need to expand the pokemon world. Now i know the anime has no say in what the games will do but look at the unova map its conected to more land. Heck even look at the games map its not a seperate region like the rest. Im sorry but we need at least 2 more regions near unova

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    And if "Grey" were released as a 3DS title while still being obviously built on B/W's engine, any idiot could see it was just a DS game with a few throw-on enhancements to justify calling it a 3DS title. It would be a ripoff, and consumers would know it.

Theoretically Game Freak has had over a year already to get working on basic assets and stuff that would be used within a next-Gen Pokémon game.

I can see roughly 3 years of development with the 3DS SDK could result in something very nice being built on top of the BW engine.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • people i suggest we stop thinking about this irrationaly....i'm only gonna give the facts i gathered and i suggest anyone else who posts now nto give any facts i missed to mention then we will find out what is true and what is fiction:

1- although soe gf enplyee said that there will ne no third version...word was previously announced in JAPAN that there will be........
    2- there has been no official word...so the employee could be lying or misleading us so we buy b and w ...... no proof on this matter
    3- Seriously...seeing how profitable a third version would be... and how proftiable it would be for people to buy b and w then the third verison thinijng that there is no third version.....this could all be a gamefreak game....
    4- the statement caNNOT MEAN THAT THIS IS THE LAST POKEMON GAME CAUSE THREE OTHER HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.....POKEMON TYPING DS.... AND THE WORD THAT SAYS THERE WILL BE POKEMON GAMe (S)......meaning a minimum of 3 games... for 3ds......so that is out of the picture.......
    5- starting with the first color of thye pokeball and ending with the last is not a game gamefreak would play without prior announcement or something........
    6- who in his full mind would stopsuch a universaly famous and great game here when this could still be the beginning...
    7- lying..game....misleading us
    8-lying..game....misleading us
    9-lying..game....misleading us
    10-lying..game....misleading us

DO NOT FORGET THIS ECONOMICAL GAME GF COULD BE PLAYING FOR PROFIT.......

of course there is also the following:

1- satoshi tajiri announced him being sick a long time ago.....giving a good reason to stop pokemon now....but come on guys.....they are fully capable of continuing on there own.........come on.......

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Eh, I don't really care either way about whether or not a third version comes out; I'm too busy waiting for Black and White at the moment. And I remember when I read an article on this that the author noted that the quote was originally in Japanese then translated to Spanish and then to English so...a lot of little details about the phrase could have been lost in the successive translations. I don't think we should really make a judgement call on whether or not 'Gray' will be released. Also, they will do whatever they know will make them money, so I wouldn't be too surprised by a third installment, but I think it's a little early to start thinking about that. ):

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    people i suggest we stop thinking about this irrationaly....i'm only gonna give the facts i gathered and i suggest anyone else who posts now nto give any facts i missed to mention then we will find out what is true and what is fiction:

1- although soe gf enplyee said that there will ne no third version...word was previously announced in JAPAN that there will be........
    2- there has been no official word...so the employee could be lying or misleading us so we buy b and w ...... no proof on this matter
    3- Seriously...seeing how profitable a third version would be... and how proftiable it would be for people to buy b and w then the third verison thinijng that there is no third version.....this could all be a gamefreak game....
    4- the statement caNNOT MEAN THAT THIS IS THE LAST POKEMON GAME CAUSE THREE OTHER HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.....POKEMON TYPING DS.... AND THE WORD THAT SAYS THERE WILL BE POKEMON GAMe (S)......meaning a minimum of 3 games... for 3ds......so that is out of the picture.......
    5- starting with the first color of thye pokeball and ending with the last is not a game gamefreak would play without prior announcement or something........
    6- who in his full mind would stopsuch a universaly famous and great game here when this could still be the beginning...
    7- lying..game....misleading us
    8-lying..game....misleading us
    9-lying..game....misleading us
    10-lying..game....misleading us

DO NOT FORGET THIS ECONOMICAL GAME GF COULD BE PLAYING FOR PROFIT.......

of course there is also the following:

1- satoshi tajiri announced him being sick a long time ago.....giving a good reason to stop pokemon now....but come on guys.....they are fully capable of continuing on there own.........come on.......

To start with the Bolded quote: The news announcement about a possible third game was unofficial announcement that speculated possible enhancements for a different game. The Fans read it as a third installment to Generation 5. There is no official announcement that there will be a Third game, and in the past it was never a shocker that a third was released as they always said that a third was being worked on, this is the first time they flat out denied the claim of a new game to be released.

Now for the Italicized part: Typing DS, the Wii game and the other mini game versions that they have planned are NOT PART OF BLACK AND WHITE. The inverview said there were to not be any NEW Generation V Related games. Side series games can still be made as they aren't related to the story of Generation 5 or maybe that can be as a mini game version like Pokemon Typing can go into the histories of the other Characters from the Pokemon Games.

and lastly the Bolded part:

That is corperate suicide as a company can and will lose money as well as their entire business for such remarks as they lead to false advertisement. If they wanted to let people to just play the games that are currently out, they would just dodge the questions about future games or come right out and leave more cryptic acceptance messages like, there is thoughts about it but nothing official, or other types of hints to let the fandom go wild. Flat denial of a new game and later producing a game can backfire in legal terms and cause a huge uproar.

Now unlike the previous pairings, I still highly doubt Kyurem's involvment in the trio mainly because it has yet to officially be paired with Reshiram and Zekrom. All of the other Trios are officially pared in the Anime or the Video Games, but Kyurem isn't. Seeing it as a Mascot can still prolly happen, but with the flat denial of a third game doesn't seem likely.

Not to mention Kyurem's history doesn't match with Reshiram's and Zekroms as it is supposedly from outer space while Zek and Resh are based off of the Dragons that created Ying and Yang.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I truly hope there will be a Pokémon Gray, and I firmly believe so, even despite Nintendo's claims. Of course they're not announcing it yet, Black and White aren't even localised!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So it's come down to people thinking that no third game is due the 3DS releasing? D: That could be true, honestly, but you'd think they'd have something more stopping them than just that fact. Like I said in Nica's blog, usually the third game in the series is the one that fans enjoy the most, and it not sales go poorly. Maybe they feel Black and White doesn't need a third game? Although, B&W's not even released outside of Asia yet, so to me, it's still too early to tell.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • They have to make a third one. It's a tradition! Every set (except for the remakes) has had a third game. I think they would be disappointing a lot of fans if they didn't. Even if I didn't buy it, I would be disappointed.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They have to make a third one. It's a tradition! Every set (except for the remakes) has had a third game. I think they would be disappointing a lot of fans if they didn't. Even if I didn't buy it, I would be disappointed.

False.

First Gen had 4. Japan Red, Green, Blue (the third game), and Yellow (Anime bonus to promote the anime)

America only got Yellow, but that doesn't count for a third as it was more to promote the Anime relation like it was in Japan. It was just a Gimmick for sales.

All thirds after Gold/Silver/Crystal, were cheap copies that were just merging the two games before into one with a new main focus Legend. Crystal was the only one that completely rewrote the main story to focus on a lesser legend.

Really there are too many choices for a third as a focal point for a third game. Cobalon, Terrakon, Kyurem, one of the djinn. Even Zoroak or Zorua as a main focus would be a decent change.

Though I don't see there being a third and hope there isn't one.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I'm aware it was a gimmick, but that is the game that got me into pokemon so I really don't mind.

I don't care what their reasons for releasing extra copies in the past were. I'm used to there always being a third game by now, it's been over ten years. I would feel robbed if they didn't make one. This is my personal opinion.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Same here only it was Emerald that got me into Pokemon :D!
    Plus they could add a lot of thing into the third version and update the storyline and give pokemon new formes, introduce new locations and all that good third version stuff :)

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • I don't think this one interview blows the idea off the table. There are a lot of features missing from B/W. For instance, remember when D/P lost the Battle Frontier and it was reduced to the Battle Tower? And then it was brought back for Pt/HG/SS? Well now, we just have the Battle Subway. Do you think GameFreak would leave out a part of the series that had been left out before and brought back mostly because of popular demand?

There will be a third version. They're either not yet working on it yet for the sake of concentrating on the 3rd gen remakes, or they're keeping hush-hush about it, much like the existence of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Much like they will probably keep hush-hush about Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo until the official events.

Years
  • I'm putting my hopes on IGN and saying no, if not I will never go on that site ever again.

But seriously it needs to be made. Gray, I mean. They're so many things that could make B/W better, such as the Pokemon Walking Behind You coding, Kyremu's alternate form and moves, plus a way to get Apricorn balls!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think this one interview blows the idea off the table. There are a lot of features missing from B/W. For instance, remember when D/P lost the Battle Frontier and it was reduced to the Battle Tower? And then it was brought back for Pt/HG/SS? Well now, we just have the Battle Subway. Do you think GameFreak would leave out a part of the series that had been left out before and brought back mostly because of popular demand?

There will be a third version. They're either not yet working on it yet for the sake of concentrating on the 3rd gen remakes, or they're keeping hush-hush about it, much like the existence of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Much like they will probably keep hush-hush about Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo until the official events.
    ...I bet they are proably keeping Hush hush on the third version but they could be working on RS remakes as we speak instead of the third version...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm putting my hopes on IGN and saying no, if not I will never go on that site ever again.

But seriously it needs to be made. Gray, I mean. They're so many things that could make B/W better, such as the Pokemon Walking Behind You coding, Kyremu's alternate form and moves, plus a way to get Apricorn balls![/QUOTE

IGN said there wasnt going to be a 3rd version?

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Now unlike the previous pairings, I still highly doubt Kyurem's involvment in the trio mainly because it has yet to officially be paired with Reshiram and Zekrom. All of the other Trios are officially pared in the Anime or the Video Games, but Kyurem isn't. Seeing it as a Mascot can still prolly happen, but with the flat denial of a third game doesn't seem likely.
    While not officially shown or outright stated or anything, the connection is nevertheless there, just hidden. Kyurem has two signature moves not used in B/W that relate to Reshiram/Zekrom, Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare. Again, while not used and not outright references, They seem to possibly draw relations to Zekrom/Reshiram. Although that's still just speculation...
    Also of note is that before Platinum was revealed, Giratina had no connection to Dialga/Palkia. It was found much later in the game, in a completely different spot, has many differences, from highest base stat, the specifics of its signature move (Ghost type, not Dragon, and physical not special), and appearance and info (the Pokedex states that it's from a different world. That's it). It's only link is that it was a dragon and had a signature move. It didn't even have the weak connection of unused moves possibly related to the other two that Kyurem has.
    But anyways everything is just speculation at this point, really :/. The fact that there are unused moves in the game points to possible changes for Kyurem in a third release, although it could just be a special event download, which would also account for the God Stone key item. Perhaps at this point there isn't a third game coming, but GF may change their mind, or may release R/S remakes first and are focusing on them.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    While not officially shown or outright stated or anything, the connection is nevertheless there, just hidden. Kyurem has two signature moves not used in B/W that relate to Reshiram/Zekrom, Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare. Again, while not used and not outright references, They seem to possibly draw relations to Zekrom/Reshiram. Although that's still just speculation...
    Also of note is that before Platinum was revealed, Giratina had no connection to Dialga/Palkia. It was found much later in the game, in a completely different spot, has many differences, from highest base stat, the specifics of its signature move (Ghost type, not Dragon, and physical not special), and appearance and info (the Pokedex states that it's from a different world. That's it). It's only link is that it was a dragon and had a signature move. It didn't even have the weak connection of unused moves possibly related to the other two that Kyurem has.
    But anyways everything is just speculation at this point, really :/. The fact that there are unused moves in the game points to possible changes for Kyurem in a third release, although it could just be a special event download, which would also account for the God Stone key item. Perhaps at this point there isn't a third game coming, but GF may change their mind, or may release R/S remakes first and are focusing on them.

And at the time before Giratina was shown to be the third for Palkia and Dialga there was a massive debate on whether it was their third or not just like today. And there is no proof that those two moves belong to Kyurem. Like Ancient Voice and V Generate, those two moves are coded to be learned by no one. They could be secret attacks that events can unlock for roughly any Pokemon, including Reshiram and Zekrom. It seems highly unlikely, but it has as much a chance to be true as Kyurem being Zekrom and Reshiram's third even though his history leaves no opening for it to be merged with Zekrom's or Reshiram's. Not to mention that his Attack list doesn't follow the proper match up and being 20 total points weaker. All the thirds are equal in total stat's with exception to Rayquaza who is actually the master of his set.

Ayselipera

I've read that it could be wrong and that it could be right. So I'm really not sure what to believe since both arguments had their points. As much as I always come to cherish the third game of a generation a little bit more than the others I can see a possible positive to this information being true. With the possibility of the third generation games being remade in this generation then the absence of a third game (gray) could mean these remakes might come sooner. Which if you're like me you hope they come as soon as possible!

So I won't be too hurt as long as a faster than usual release of the possible remakes come out. :D

Years
  • I'm disappointed to know that there won't be a third game considering that I've always bought the third game. Now, I'll have to pick one between Black and White. :[

Back