• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Heart & Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
Years
  • Granted, I'm no expert when it comes to the rules and protocol of RP'ing, but I think an OOC thread would be a good idea. I've noticed that most, if not all, of the RP threads have an OOC thread, and it makes it so that you don't have to sift through dozens of OOC comments to get to the actual RP parts. It would also be a good place for people to direct questions so that they don't interrupt the flow of the RP story. That's my two cents anyway ^_^

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay, I wiillll......

DO I GOTZA TOO IN ALLLLL SECTIONS!!!????

lol, nevermind, I'll add in Appearance, and thennnnn.....Personality!

Butttt....tomorrow. Okay?

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    True, true, Silvanarrow. For someone who isn't familiar with the RP world, you sure have a good point there, haha. I'll think about it and get some more opinions before I make one...

It's alright with me, King.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    This should really be interesting, what with all the accepted RPers... Since we have so many people participating, I'd say an OOC thread's probably going to help. Most RPs generally should have one just in case, especially those with a lot of players. More people means more questions and comments, ya' know.

... And yeah, I like the Mareep. It'll probably work well with my character. xD

Years
  • Right, thanks for the creative criticism :D
    and i have been working on this peice for a few hours i hope you guys think it's good enough ^^

Name: Hakkan Seward

Personality:
    If you ask any person who has spent time with Hakkan, they will all most likely say the exact same thing. That he is the kind of man who is slightly over protective of anyone who he feels is important to him, like a big brother. This character trait allowed him to become incredibly popular in his boarding school, which then led him to become slightly cocky and arrogant when he wants to be.
    But surprisingly, behind his rugged face and popular lifestyle, Hakkan never dreamt of being rude or attempt to bully anyone. But he couldn't say the same thing about his friends.
    Even though he is ashamed to admit it, Hakkan cares a bit too much about what people think about him. this makes him sometimes withdraw into himself when he's ashamed of something he's done or if he happens to hear someone talking about him.
    He hates being alone, it's the one thing he fears. The nights he spent traveling through Hoenn to get to Slateport city made him fear nights alone and walking through forests and caves only to be welcomed by silence. He tries to hide this as best he can to try and keep his "big brother" appearance the more noticeable feature of his life.
    He has a passion for learning and to know absolutely everything he can about something that interests him. it's this that lead to him leaving Dewford for good.

Appearance:
    Even though getting a tan wasn't the most important part of his life, he wasn't a pale person. His skin was slightly brown, but not ridiculously tanned as he spent most of his life in a cool, cloudy part of Hoenn. He had dark brown hair cut short and spiked whenever he got the chance and you would always see him sporting a small beard of stubble. His eyes are a piercing bright blue. He has a large muscular frame from his days on the football team in his school and his voice is deep.
    He is usually seen wearing a large duffel coat in the winter, but since the weather has heated up he now wears a grey and black striped hoody and black three quarter length shorts. His trainers are white but they are flecked with mud from his days of traveling. His bag is neon green and hangs at his side on one strap.

History:
    Haklan lived in an urban part of Dewford town, a part where people were strangely uninterested in pokemon. In his school everyone there had obviously chosen to not take on the life as a pokemon trainer or pokemon coordinator. Everyone except one boy. When Hakkan was fifteen he stumbled across a young boy being pushed around by his "friends". His friends were a lot bigger and older than him, a sign that he was definitely hanging around with the wrong crowd.
    When his friends were finished tormenting the poor Hakkan hung around so he could help him. when he questioned why they had pushed him around he discovered that the boy wanted to be a pokemon trainer when he left school. Hakkan found this amusing, pokemon didn't interest him. His aim in life was to continue working with his father in the family business and one day take over the company. But the boy insisted that a life without pokemon was a life not worth living.
    Intrigued, Hakan asked the boy to explain to him how a life with pokemon was better than a life with a great business. The boy showed him a Bellsprout that he had hidden when Hakan's friends had pushed him around. Hakan went to laugh but was cut short when the boy showed Hakan all the things the pokemon could do.
    Hakan's passion for learning made his passion for pokemon grow. Whenever he had the opportunity, without his friends knowing him and the boy met up while he told Hakan everything about the world of pokemon, about the life that he could have had if his parents hadn't sheltered him from this magnificent world.
    Hakan's passion kept swelling inside him, but he was too ashamed to admit it to anyone except the boy. So some nights he would walk to the edges of the forest and listen for the sounds of pokemon and explore this world on his own.
    This lifestyle continued for years, until Hakan was fed up of his normal, boring life and craved for the exciting life of a pokemon trainer. He became fascinated in the Pokémon league, Geography and the world and pokemon gyms. But the one thing he craves above everything else was the bond that the boy and the Bellsprout shared. That was a bond that you couldn't get with many people.
    One day when Hakkan was walking along the edge of the forest listening to the sounds of life, when he heard an unusual sound come from the forest. He stumbled through the leaves until he came upon an electrike whimpering not to close to the forest edge.
    Hakan walked up to the pup, it was clearly terrified and was alone. He spoke to the animal and it started to crawl up to him cautiously. Hakan couldn't leave the electrike alone so he picked it up and carried him back to his house.
    For a few days the pup stayed in his room away from his parents while he went to school. It was the electrike that made Hakan's decision final. He was leaving home for good. His friends and family would never accept his decision. So he decided they didn't deserve a good explanation. He scribbled a note on a piece of paper saying "Leaving to Johto, I will keep in touch."
    For the first time in his life, Hakan and his new friend who he named Rek left the island that had sheltered him all his life to go to Slateport city where he would board a boat to the Johto region and start his life again.

Pokémon:
    Since Hakan had raised Rek since he was a pup, the Electrike had become accustomed to Hakan and saw him as his best and only friend. He is a friendly pokemon and strives to impress Hakan in battles and when he is training. He can also be a jealous animal when he thinks that someone is going to take Hakan away from him.

Pokémon Registration: I would quite like a flying pokemon from Johto please!

Post Sample: (I haven't rp'd before on this site! So I have written this to show you my writing style)
    He would have loved the feeling of the sun beating down on his body if his muscles weren't aching from his lack of sleep. The heavy thud of the boat as it crashed down onto the surf made his stomach heave. He sat up and stretched his arms and looked around the small deck.
    A large city was in view over the front of the boat. He stood up off the deck chair he had dozed off in and walked over to the railing at the front of the boat. The wind swept through his short hair and lifted his hoody off his back, he breathed in the fresh salty air and exhaled deeply.
    A bark caught his attention, he spun round on the spot and laughed as a small dog-like animal leapt into his arms. Rek pined happily and licked Hakan's face causing his skin to tingle from his static.
    "Morning Rek!" Hakan shouted happily. The green animal barked happily in reply. He was just a pup so he was still incredibly small. No larger than half his forearm.
    "Mornin' Hakan!" A high pitched voice shouted above the engine. Hakan turned around and looked into the window to see the woman who had kindly given him a lift to Slateport city.
    "Morning!" He shouted and waved. With his free hand he scratched the stubble on his chin and looked back out towards the city.
    "Not long now Rek, not long now until we start our new life!"

Is that good enough Omega? :) and sorry for not putting spaces inbetween the last section :/

Last edited:

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    xcageboyx - Eh, it's alright, much better than before. I can see you put some more effort into it, so your Accepted. Your Pokémon will be - Skarmory.

Another good point towards an OOC thread, this time by iLike2EatPiez. I'll make one... sooner or later. Most likely tomorrow, hopefully. School and all, plus it's the championship game that I made it too (thank god) for a local basketball league. Hopefully that won't take so much time.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Why, thank you, Omega! I'm excited for this, too; looks like we've got a lot of good RPers signing up and it should be a good time. I was looking for a new RP to join around here (as I haven't RPed around here yet), and I was afraid I was gonna have to wait for a while, so thanks for putting this one up! Also, thanks for the Totodile--one of my favorite Johto Pokémon.

I'd agree with having an OOC thread with this many people...we don't want it to become cluttered with OOC posts. Looking forward to starting this!

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    No problem White Lancer. You don't know how close I was to not even posting this, I was about to throw it in my saved folder of untouched RolePlay plots that I liked and got bored of later. This one seemed to me to have a spark to it. Plus with the announcement of Pokémon HG/SS, the timing worked out beautifully.

And okay, the OOC thread is final. One will be made.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Man, everyone is playing happy go lucky characters. I have to change things up now. -sigh-

EDIT: Changed first Pokemon to Absol.

Name: Carden Adair

Personality: No matter what, you will not like Carden unless you can stand men with terrible temperaments. Carden is arrogant to the point of being full of hubris, believing that everyone is beneath him. His arrogance is further fueled by his high opinion of himself and an ego that is inflated to the size of the sun. He believes full well that he can solve and do anything, and for the most part he has succeeded in backing up his claims which keeps his pride in tact. In the depths of his mind, Carden has a drive to dominate everyone around and prove he is the strongest there is. He continually tries to improve himself in physical and mental prowess, training his mind and body on a daily basis. He takes himself seriously in these sessions which range from physical activity to mediation.

These qualities have developed a man with a fiery sense of life. Carden is extremely aggressive, impatient, violent and displays no fear in pushing (often literally) out of his way in order to achieve whatever goal he has mind. In other words, if he wants a cookie and you are in front of the drawer, Carden will pick you up and toss you of the way, grab his cookie and step on your body as a finishing touch. He seeks results immediately and as a result takes any advantage needed to achieve the goal he has in mind. Easily and frequently angry, Carden will actively seek out his variation of revenge towards anyone that crosses his path or rubs him the wrong way, the wrath is often violent and painful. In other words, Carden is a borderline sociopath who believes violence is the quickest and simplest solution to any problem.

His ego is not without its price. Carden has had a streak of irritating people with his often foolish claims, causing him to become anti-social. He rarely bothers communicating with anyone and shrugs people off before they are given a chance to speak their mind. When he does bother to talk, Carden often displays a serious yet mocking tone resulting to insulting his peers with sarcastic dry humor. Carden is also unsympathetic and is far from compassionate. He rarely considers other's feelings and takes a sick joy in making children cry for no reason.

Additional qualities Carden has is his high intelligence and analytical ability. Carden is a fast thinker and is able to process information at incredible rates. His intelligence is limited to logic-based theories such as math and science, as he fails at more abstract variants of thinking such as English. Carden is also exceptionally vain, constantly trying to make his physical appearance perfect in his own demented eyes. Carden's worst trait is his general disrespectful for anything and everything. The foundations of this are a mystery but it remains the primary reason why he has no friends.

Appearance: At first glance, you will not take Carden seriously at least for a moment. Why? He is short. Very short. It is actually kind of hilarious.

Standing at about 5"3, Carden attempts to make up for his height issue with his bulky frame complete with a defined, muscular frame. His skin is fair with only a minor tan from outdoor exposure, however no terrible tan lines are obvious. His dark brown hair is fairly long but remains slicked back with the ends reaching the bottom of his neck and a single bang reaching down into his face; a face which contains a strong stern expression that has not cracked a genuine smile in years. His eyes are a pale, cold blue which are appropriate for his soul, however he normally protects them with his Nike Tarj sunglasses. Carden's face contains a scruffy feel to it, with remnants of a once existent beard remaining in his rather apparent five o' clock shadow and a nose that appears broken but never properly treated.

His clothing remains his boldest attempt to elicit fear in those around him. To cover his torso, Carden chose a tight fit plain black shirt in which his muscles appear prevalent, on the border of ripping the shirt in two. He sports a leather jacket for further decoration, with the base color being a distinct black with red accents on the shoulders running down to his arms as well as running down the spine with red lines fanning out. His hands are protected by black fingerless leather batting style gloves. Blue jeans keep his legs guarded from the elements and black steel toe boots are Carden's shoe of choice. All of his clothes are worn and weathered, showing years of his use. The boots are scuffed and lost their luster; the jeans are ripped and tattered; the leather jacket's shine is long gone; the gloves have seen years of abuse. Carden is clearly a man who has gone out of his way to achieve his battle worn appearance.

Carden additionally displayed an interest in body art as conveyed by his numerous tattoos. The main theme is a constant lust for tribal tattoos. Running down from his neck, across his shoulders, down his arms and legs are various tribal lines (see the top one for reference: tribal_tattoo-thumb-380x361.jpg). His back is decorated with the head of a wolf, an animal he connects with due to their lone nature. On his chest and torso, Carden recently more tribal symbols to keep some continuity across his body.

Additional details in his appearance are primarily classified by his proud posture and walk, as if he wants his appearance to be known by all. His voice is gruff and masculine with an element of royal superiority mixed in.

History: Carden Adair is a native of Rustboro City, born to a middle class family. An only child, he was primarily raised by his mother as his father was constantly traveling in a vain attempt to his dead end job as a salesmen. When the time came, Carden attended school like a normal child of his age and life continued merrily for him. Carden was a natural yet never applied himself, preferring to play with the local children until the fateful day. Shortly before entering high school, Carden's father died of a sudden heart attack with the doctors attributing it to his job's stresses and years of drug use. The sudden and unnatural nature of his plight caused his mother shock and sent her into a deep depression. Carden reacted in a different manner. With his father rarely home, instead of depression he experienced hatred. On that fateful day, Carden swore to become a better man than his father. One that would never hurt those he cared about.

To begin, Carden dedicated himself to his schoolwork. From the day he begin high school to the day he graduated as the valedictorian, Carden was buried in school books, achieving the highest grades possible. He lost his friends and alienated anyone but his recovering mother, who was often working in the first place. While his intelligence grew, his social skills declined. He became impatient and quick to anger. Any distraction instantly earned scorn and hate. Anyone who came close to him was instantly pushed away. He viewed people as distractions; nothing more, nothing less. The years of hard work eventually paid off and earned numerous honors and scholarships as well as acceptance to the college of his choice: Goldenrod University (yes I made it up for the sake of drama and localization as the RP takes place in Johto). He took the time to leave his mother's care for her benefit as he believed the financial burden of an 18 year old son were too much for the aging woman. He left but not without a gift: a Pokemon that reflected his personality. Quick and sharp, his mother granted him a Absol she bought with money she had earned one day hitting the slots. With an emotional good-bye, Carden left for Goldenrod and continued his studies.

Majoring in Business Administration, Carden aimed to become the evil mastermind that contributed to his father's sudden decline in sanity and health. Carden locked himself in the classroom by day and in his dormitory at night, with his goal of control and success only years away. His grades became legendary and he earned his degree with great ease but at a cost. His isolation only further developed his already anti-social personality and his need for immediate success drove those around him apart. His incomparable rage was fully displayed by his attendance at his graduation ceremony in which he snatched his degree from the official's hands. The only relief over the course of those years were weekends in which he trained his body alongside Absol, a Pokemon which became to resemble his master and was a zealot in his duties to protect him. The two developed a close bond, one that would carry over into the years after college.

Following his graduation, Carden leapt into the corporate world, earning a spot in the business ladder as an assistant manager in the Goldenrod Department Store. His efficiency and dedication outranked his peers and eventually became considered for promotion within his first three months and within his two years of employment became Senior Vice President of the establishment. With his success in the workplace, Carden afforded to purchase his own condo and was one his way to becoming the man his father never aspired to be. He developed a near perfect lifestyle: Easy job, great money, amazing riches. However he felt empty and incomplete. Carden awoke one morning with this realization and prompted to take a vacation. With Absol in tow and his business phone ready for phone calls, Carden set forth for an adventure with the hopes of finding himself. It has been nearly a year and Carden has yet to find himself, but the fire that has been dim for nearly 20 years has been relit and the goal of becoming the strongest individual in his sight.

Pokemon: Absol- A gift from his mother, Absol has been the only friend Carden has known for the past 6 years. The two share a mighty bond after years of training and traveling. Their acts are in sync and their attitudes are parallels of one another. To some degree, Absol shows the ability to act more rational and displays the ability to remain calm in most situations. However, Absol is blindly obiedent and takes Carden's words as though they were god. There is no mistake that Scyther is his Pokemon.

Pokemon Registration: I think a Fire type suits him. Sinnoh or Johto. Either one works.

Post Sample: After writing all this, I am tired. I will refer to Full Moon Fade Away and Dies Irae for my recent work. I am terrible at picking out good posts and I am unfamiliar with the magic of spoiler tags. If you want me to find one, just tell me. I will go hunting then lol.

Last edited:

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Got-a-Plan-B - No it's fine, I've seen your work before so I don't need an RP sample. And what a different character from the entire group, just what we needed. Accepted. Now it's your choice, Houndour or Chimchar. I'm undecided. xD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Name: Ester Saunders
    Personality: Ester is a very fragile and mysterious person, she is tiny with absolutely no muscles whatsoever and a way of always getting into trouble. She also has a kind of angelic thing about her paired with a rather childish personality. She is rather shy and not very good around people she doesn't know. It's not as bad that she completely shuts down when there are people she doesn't know, but she usually doesn't approach strangers unless she really has to. Even though she is pretty shy, it doesn't take much for her to trust you. She is a very trusting and perhaps a bit naïve person, if you say the right things, or if you are simply nice to her, you'll find her opening up to you in no time. This makes her quite easy to manipulate if you get her to trust you.
    One of the only reasons she does come up to people she doesn't know is if she thinks you need it. If you hide in a corner all by yourself she might be tempted to sit next to you but it's too much to ask that she talks to you, well unless you talk to her that is.

Overall Ester is a happy child, so to speak. She's one of those optimistic people that you either love or want to strangle. Whatever happens, she'll try to see it sunny side up. And considering she gets herself into a lot of trouble, she has seen a lot of sunny sides. Her curiosity is what usually gets her in trouble. She has a tendency to rush towards something interesting when she sees it, which is needless to say, not a very smart thing to do. Also, she is pretty clumsy. She doesn't always look exactly where she's walking and so it's a common sight to see her stumble every now and then.
    She might not seem like a very smart person, and she isn't exceptionally smart either, but she might not be as bad as you expect her to be. It's just that some things like sarcasm seem to escape her almost completely. Comments meant to hurt her, however, do not pass her by quite so easily.
    She doesn't really talk much either, and when she does talk, it's usually soft. Really, if she can help it she'd rather just nod or shake her head and smile.
    Ester doesn't often get angry, only if you manage to push the right buttons. She doesn't yell or scream or give you the death-glare either. No, when Ester is angry she'll simply look you in the eye with a look that sais you have actually hurt her and she'll say one or two things and walk away. The thing is, whatever she'll say to you is usually pretty affective. Sometimes she just knows what to tell you to hurt you back.
    Sadness, an emotion that is familiar to Ester. She is easy to cry, and not crocodile tears either. When she cries, it is almost soundless, no loud sobs. She half-in-half does this on purpose, not wanting to draw that much attention to herself. She'd much rather just cry to herself. Tears are always a relief when they are over.

In battle Ester behaves a little bit different. She's a little more aggressive than you would think her to be. She will still not shout any commands to her Pokémon, but she will talk a little bit louder. She also tends to lose herself in the moment, tuning everything outside the battle out. But she is not that competitive, when she sees her Pokémon has had enough, she will call it off and decide the other is the winner. And so, she is not afraid to lose, on the contrary, she accepts defeat quite gracefully.

Appearance: Ester has short, curl, golden-blonde hair. Not just curly, very curly. From afar it might seem like a halo of golden curls surround her face. She is very small, standing to about 5"2 with tiny limbs, an almost invisible waist and no chest whatsoever. She could easily be mistaken for about 3 years younger. Her face is heart-shaped with a little button-nose and rosy cheeks. Her eyebrows are so light they are almost nonexistent and her lashes have the same thing. The bridge of her nose is entirely decorated with freckles that continue under her eyes but don't spread to the rest of her face, and her skin is quite pale and rather burns than tans. Her eyes are a dark green that stand out in all the paleness of her face.

Ester likes to clothe herself in lighter shades, preferably pastels. She usually wears either a tight light green t-shirt with a pattern of white birds sewn onto it and a big round neckline or a lilac shirt that is tight until under her chest and then flares out. The sleeves of this shirt are a bit longer than normal tees, being just above the elbow, and it's neckline is square. For warmer days she has a soft orange/yellow tank top with a few stripes over the stomach. Colder areas ask for clothing that keeps her warmer, and for that she usually wears a bright red, wool sweater leaving her shoulders bear over her orange tank.
    Under the shirts she usually wears knee length, light-blue jeans or white shorts. Again, colder region request warmer clothing, and for those she has long white pants. Her shoes are either pink all-stars or orange flats. She doesn't wear a whole lot of jewelry apart from little silver hoops in her ears and a necklace with a sparkling sun pendant.

History: Ester was born in Hearthome city in Sinnoh, where her parents both working in the local department store. She was always a bit of an odd child, always hiding behind her mother when something new came around. They say it takes a community to raise a child, and for Ester that was true. Her neighbors were always either babysitting her, or visiting her house, or pushing their children to play with Ester. They were always trying to get her to be a little more social, and in most cases, it worked. She still didn't talk much, but she played with the other children happily.
    During the years she didn't change much. She still was that silent little girl that only talked to the few friends she had. Even though her trust was easily gained, there weren't a whole lot of children that really wanted her trust in the first place. She was bullied a little, but ----- always knew what to say to make them back off, and soon she they just left her alone.

Her first Pokémon didn't come from a fancy professor. Instead it was her neighbor that brought one in one morning, saying that he found it and he thought it was about time Ester got herself one, she was 12 when this happened. And so she received a little Stantler. Little, because it was rather small for its species. But she loved it nevertheless. She started battling with him, always quitting when things were getting too rough though. Some might call her a coward, but she knew what she was doing was for the best.
    Ester has never been that much of a traveler. She preferred staying close to home, but there she developed quite the reputation. She was reknown for being quite a good trainer, she even defeated some of the surrounding gyms, with only her Stantler. Of course, she did not attempt to take on the fighting gym. Plus, it would be too much travel anyway.

Even though Ester had gathered this reputation, she was quite surprised when she got Pr. Willow's letter. She wasn't quite that good. But never look a gift horse in the mouth, right? She did have to think about it for a while, it was far away from home. But her parents had decided that 16 was the right age to go adventuring and so they managed to get her to go to Johto.

Pokémon: Stantler, the only Pokémon she's ever had. He has a similar personality as she does, he is very calm and rarely seeks out trouble. He is very protective of Ester, however. He's not the playful kind, he likes to just keep a good overview of things and hates it when he doesn't have any control or when he can't keep an eye on things.

Pokémon Registration: a bug or Normal Johto Pokémon please
    Post Sample:
    Spoiler:

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Dutchesse - Like always, I adore your character. A unique and personified character to your liking (well, obviously), Ester is Accepted. Your Pokémon - Teddiursa. Hope you liked my choice. ;3

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Thank you! And yes, I adore Teddiursa thanks again. I'm looking forward to this roleplay ^^

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Name: Hikaru Aomori ([FONT=宋体]青森[/FONT] [FONT=宋体]輝[/FONT], Aomori Hikaru)
    Personality: Hikaru is cheery, possesses a rapier-sharp wit, and is most noticeably flirtatious, and dangerously so. Charming and handsome enough to be slightly influential, he will attempt to make conversation and make friends with beautiful women and goes out of his way to do things for them. He cannot be manipulated easily by other people otherwise, but… it is a small matter for people that he is friendly with. Indeed, he is as much flirtatious as honorable, and will, in 99% of the instances, not break his word and adhere strictly by his code of conduct, such that he will not make further advances and is only moderately charmed by them. However, the entities that he might flirt with might have very different dispositions, and sometimes he is seen as an annoyance and a bit of a bastard. Towards his male companions, he acts more seriously, trying to maintain a steady friendship between groups of people. His social skills do not carry really well to male figures the way it does to female ones; indeed, as stated before, Hikaru would be much more courteous to women than to men; polite enough to both genders, to be sure, but this is often a cause of argument among him and anyone else present, as he often makes jokes at the expense of other men. (Yes, don't worry, I'm keeping it PG-13)

Hikaru is also slightly gluttonous, certainly enjoying food and drink very much. He keeps a steady supply of food stashed away in his side pack specially carried for this exact purpose, composing of granola bars, potato chips, berries, candy, and various other snack foods easily consumed quickly. Hikaru forces himself to compose his eating habits, though, and does not tear into food voraciously. He can be slightly self-interested (i. e. greedy) at times, and is not very willing to give out free food.

Appearance: Medium-long, smooth hair the shade of volcanic glass but not particularly shiny, flow down the sides of Hikaru's face unevenly, expertly brushed to allow for the best amount of impression in all kinds of illumination. In the front, his locks of hair are swept to the side to allow himself a clear view of things. His eyes are a light, healthy shade of brown, bordering on amber, and capture light keenly. His face is almond-shaped, his skin a pale color. Hikaru wears a friendly smile whenever he is seen in public. Hikaru wears a long, sweeping azure coat of felt, and at 5'8", he does not cut an overly impressive figure, and instead walks lightly and almost gracefully. Underneath his coat are a long-sleeved white shirt, patterned with a few stars, and a navy-blue vest, reaching down to his waist. He wears a pair of grey track pants, slightly dusty from use, and holds it in with an unnecessary belt. On it hangs his Pokeball pouch, and a handy snack is usually in another pouch to the side. Hikaru is almost always also munching on a snack of some sort, be it a nut, a piece of candy, a berry, or something else.

History: Hikaru was born in Hoenn, in the small town named Verdanturf. His maternal grandparents run a Pokemon daycare nearby, and his mother is a teacher at the local school. His father, instead, is a worker at the herbs shop. As a child, Hikaru was often provided encouragement by his mother to make friends, and his father subsequently told him, jokingly, to make friends with girls. Now, his father meant it as a jest, but young Hikaru held this to heart. The birth of his sister, when Hikaru was five years old, further strengthened Hikaru's belief. After all, if his sister was a girl, and he should protect his sister, then wouldn't this apply by extension to all girls? At school, he did not do excellently in grades, but good enough to pass with honours, ignored most of the sports altogether, and became instead the captain of the debating club. His skill with words came fairly naturally to him, although this is both a boon and a bane; his words, solely polite towards women, sometimes aggravate the more burly members of the school, often resulting in him getting slapped for his insolence.

After he grew up and reached 16 years of age, he slowly came to realize that he would impress more people if he gained more honours. And so, starting from his home base of Verdanturf Town, he signed up for Pokemon Contests and became a Coordinator. After all, this was what he was best at; showmanship and flashiness, rather than pure, raw power required in winning against the progressively more difficult gyms. With his friend, a male Elekid given to him by his grandparents, he set off on a path to become the best coordinator in his region. Since then, five years ago, he has made a name himself, not quite the best in the region, but a force to be reckoned with. And seeking a new adventure besides just contesting, he thought that the Johto League would be a nice place to start off his secondary career as a gym-defeating trainer. Naturally, when the opportunity from Professor Willow came, Hikaru took it without hesitating. It was time for him to make new friends, humans and Pokemon alike, as well as enemies.

Pokémon: A male Elekid named Eric, this Pokemon was given to him by his grandparents; the previous trainer did not need Elekid when its egg appeared at the daycare, and it stayed with his grandparents after hatching from its egg. His grandparents gave it as a present for Hikaru's 16th birthday. Eric likes to show off his electrical abilities, and is ruthless to his opponents in battle, taking them out with a well-aimed Shockwave or Thunderpunch. Outside of battle, Eric is moody, and his eyes are always scowling, although that probably has something to do with Elekids in general. Like Hikaru, Elekid loves food, detests herbs, and is easily bribed by a chocolate bar or two.

Pokémon Registration: A Psychic-type from Kanto.

Post Sample: Check... uh... The Creature Tamers for something else. Here is another cheesy post. But then, all my posts are cheesy in some way.
    Spoiler:

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • I can't wait for us to start! Sorry about those spelling mistakes, they probably popped up under my heat of excitement. I'll fix'em up now.

Edit: Stupid spelling mistakes gone.

Last edited:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • I can beef my SU up more if you need me to. ;]

Name: Gabriella "Briella" Locksmith

Personality: Gabriella is that one girl who you can go to with your problems, complaints, and anything you need help with. She is the person who listens to anything you need to talk about, without judgement. She is a very quiet girl, but many mistake that for weakness or shyness. The truth of it is, she is very outgoing, and a very strong person. Just because she's quiet, doesn't mean she's weak. Gabby has a very fiery temper. Get her mad and watch yourself! Gabby's worst fears are Pokemon abuse, losing the ones she loves, and getting lost in the woods. Gabby has accomplished a lot of great things, but she always felt that there was something just out of reach. That just makes her more determined to find her true destiny, and to do that she needs courage, which she does not have. She is afraid of messing up and looking stupid. That's whats holding her back.

Gabby loves to have a good laugh. Nothing makes her happier than comedy. People love to make her laugh, because her laughter is contagious! It has a tinkling sound, like a bell. Gabriella is a very competitive girl. She hates to lose and never backs down from a challenge, a battle, or a game. Gabby is a tomboy all the way. She hates to talk about girly things, but she will if someone needs help in that situation. Gabby may seem to be perfect, but she is completely imperfect, like evr human, she has her flaws. Gabby can be a total spazz and wig ou on people because of small things. She over-reacts to little things, andf can act completely stupid sometimes, but she is overall a good person.

Appearance: Gabriella is Mexican, so her skin is a darker tint than most people's, her hair is also a midnight black, it's shiny and shoulder blade length. It is usually pulled back into a ponytail, because, of course, she is a tomboy. Gabby has very distinct features, her chocolatey brown eyes, small nose, smiling mouth, and high cheek bones. Gabby is kind of tall for her age, being 5"11', and she loves it. Gabby also has a few tatoos running down her arms and on her stomach, as well as having her ears, belly-button, and tongue pierced. Some of these were dares from her "friends" but she has taken to her.

Gabby usually wears black or blue faded jeans, with a T-Shirt, or jean shorts with a tank top when it's hot. And she'll wear old tennis shoes or flip flops with her outfit. Gabby doesn't wear much make-up. Sure, she wears a bit of eye liner or mascara, and a bit of lip gloss, but thats it. Gabby wears purple and black braces, and she loves them. Gabby has a musular build, because she plays so many sports, and has been training Pokemon since she was 11. All that excercise has made her fit and slim.

History: Gabby was born and raised in Ever Grande City in Hoenn, where her parents worked as Pokemon breeders. She went to school at the Grande Pokemon School at the edge of town. Gabby was 4 when she got lost in the woods, chasing after a cute Smoochem. There she was attacked by a swarm of Combee, trying to protect their hive from intruders. Gabby was hospitalized for 2 mouths, and was given mental therapy, because she was in total shock. When Gabby turned 11, she was called to start her own Pokemon journey, and she did. She chose Treeko as her starter Pokemon and set off to fullfill her new calling. Her first calling was to be a Pokemon breeder, like her parents, but Gabby felt that Pokemon needed to battle to grow, not to be babied, like her parents did to the Pokemon. She was able to defeat the first 4 gyms, until she met up with her old rival, Manda. Manda was a cruel girl, and she hated Pokemon, she just wnated power. Manda lost to Gabby in their Pokemon battle, and she sent out a Combee to attack her. Gabby was nearly killed by the cruel girl, because she was too scared to fight back at the Combee.
    Gabby was named champion of Hoenn when she turned 14. She had beaten all 8 gyms and the Elite 4. She still was not satisfied. That feeling of uncertainty and unfullfillment came back, and she wanted to find something more. Something purposeful. She just wanted to fullfill that thing that was just out of reach. Thats why she accepted he invitation by Professor WIllow.

Pokémon: Poochyena "Alice" (Female): Alice is a very bold and couragous Poochyena, and has stood up to huge and powerful Pokemon without flinching. Alice wants to give Gabby the confidence and courage that she needs to fullfill what is out of reach. Poochyena give Gabby confidence, and never lets her get too worried about anything. Gabby needs her for her pep talks and determined fights to get herself into kick-butt mode. (Bold Nature)
    Pokémon Registration: Could you surprise me? Just pick a random Pokemon from any region. Only if you don't mind, of course! I just love surprises. ;] (But if you don't wanna surprise me, thats cool, too. A water Pokemon from Hoenn would work instead.)
    Post Sample:
    Briella reclined on her favorite seat on the travel boat she was on. She was on her way to Johto, she was invited to do this Pokemon thing by the Professor Willow or something. Briella pulled out the letter she was sent, and read it over for the fifteenth time that hour. She sighed and folded it back up, then jammed it back into the back pocket of her favorite faded jeans.
    "Come on out, Alice." she said, unenthusiastically. She watched as the young Poochyena materialized in front of her eyes.
    "Pooch, Poochyena!" Alice barked, wagging her stumpy tail in glee. Alice looked at her trainer, and started to jump around, trying to cheer up Gabriella. It didn't work.
    "Alice, what am I going to do?" Gabby sighed in dismay. "There are other trainers coming, what if I mess up and completely embarrass myself? What if. . ."
    Alice interupted her master with an impatient bark which seemed to say "Stop worrying, your better than any of those lazy slumps that'll be there."
    "No, Im not. I may be Champion of Hoenn, but I'd bet anyhting that there are other Champions there. I mean, Professor WIllow did say that I was not the only great trainer chosen to come to Johto for his purposes." Briella sighed in dismay again. "I'm not good enough."
    Poochyena growled in fury. "Yena! Pooch, poochyena!" she barked furiously.
    Briella got the meaning of her words. "I'm trying to have confidence, but I just can't muster it."
    The young Poochyena got onto Gabriella's lap and nosed every tatoo and piercing she had. Looking at her determinedly.
    "I guess so. I mean, I'd bet any of those trainers don't have a single tatto or piercing. Wimps! You can't train Pokemon without being brave, and to be able to laugh in the face of pain!" Briella said with more confidence in her voice.
    Alice nodded in agreement.
    "Your right! I'll be the best one there, and nothing can stop me from reaching my destiny!" Gabriella shot out of her seat, knocking Alice off her lap accidentally.
    Alice barked in agreement and stood up taller, proud of herslef for helping Gabby.
    "Now lets get out there and be the best we can be!" Gabriella shouted.
    A maid walked onto the deck of the boat.
    "Pardon me, ma'am, but the other passengers are still asleep, could you be a bit quieter?" she maid asked, a bit embarrassed to barge in on her.
    "Oops, sorry, miss." Briella said sheepishly, sitting back down.
    "Yeena. . ." Alice barked, embarrassed.

King!

better
    Years
  • Hey, I'm going to go "beef up" the SU, but before i do......

I think that an OOC thread would be ideal, for pretty much the same reasons as above......

If you wanted, I could put character bios in it......hehehehehehehe.....

;)

EDIT: Added!

Last edited:

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • If sign-ups are still open, here is mine.

Character Name: Gaz (Gary) Smith
    Personality:
    Gaz is generally a nice guy, raised on basic traditions. Very polite towards others and always confident in many situations. Gaz is known to get very emotional when sad things occur, even of the slightest. He likes to go for long walks listening to music, strolls across the fields, that sort of thing. He never really spends much time thinking about his life and takes it as it comes. In battle Gaz becomes determined and focuses on the tactical side of battles.

Feeling lonely at the most of times, Gaz goes on walks to calm down and get rid of stress. He's not nervous around people, Gaz talks to them like a normal person but never has the guts to say what he really feels. Gaz never takes risks, which is why he focuses on tactics in battle. To follow them to detail, so he doesn't have to take risks.

Being quite a lazy person he wakes up late, but not too late. Never cooks himself food, always orders it. If Gaz is hungry but can't be bothered to cook food or order it, he'll go without. He leaves things to the last minute.

Appearance:

Gaz is at the height of 5"10, with a skinny figure but does not look lanky towards his peers. Having dyed his hair purple at the age of thirteen, he has since kept his hair that way. He recently got his hair cut short with a perfectly messy look about it. With rugged farm-boy looks Gaz is known to be quite attractive to the females of his hometown, but he hasn't realised this.

He wears a black t-shirt with an orange sleeveless jacket over the top, which Gaz tends to like and normally wears it at any chance he gets. Gaz wears worn-blue jeans with a white belt around his waist despite not needing a belt. He also wears his favourite white shoes that has mud-stains all over, due to him spending most of his time on fields of grass.

History:
    Gary, mainly known as Gaz grew up as a child and early teen in the Kanto Region, living in a village not too far from Cerulean City.. There wasn't many residents in the village, it was a small town community where all the locals would know each other, a very friendly place. Gaz spent his childhood doing local errands for his family during the day, and by night he'd lie in his room watching any channel on the television remotely related to Pokémon next to the family pet, Cosmo, a Growlithe.

Gaz always thought he'd leave the village with Cosmo to the big cities across the world, and he did. But not with Cosmo. Two weeks after his seventeenth birthday, Gaz decided he would leave for Kanto to meet Professor Oak after hearing that he initiates new trainers with a 'Starter' Pokémon. Gaz didn't want to see his best friend Cosmo get hurt in Pokémon battles, and very emotionally left for Kanto to fufil his unrealised dreams.

A month after leaving home for Kanto, Gaz finally arrived at Pallet Town after various stops across the two regions, seeing family members of sorts. He had saw many differant Pokémon in the first month of his travels and was even more excited than ever to meet the Professor.

Gaz did meet the Professor and received his first Pokémon from the generous Prof. Oak, a grass-type Pokémon called Bulbasaur. Gaz didn't know what his next step would be in life, despite all his excitement. So over the next few months he stayed with the Professor, helping around the lab and learning all about Pokémon. Prof. Oak decided for Gaz to go out on a journey, so he did. Challenging many gyms and trainers across Kanto, catching differant Pokémon.

A couple of months before his 18th birthday, Gaz heard of the Johto League being reformed and has thus decided to enter.

Pokémon: Growlithe (Cosmo). Cosmo grew up with Gaz ever since it was a puppy, although Gaz left it behind when he started his journey. Upon hearing of the Johto League, Gaz travelled home and decided to take the Growlithe with him and leave his old Pokémon behind (Shall be unveiled another time).

Pokémon Registration: A Johto Grass Type Please.

RP Example:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back