• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Heart & Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Is there still some room for another sign up? If so, I'll probably have my sign up up soon. Probably up by tonight.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Cirrus - Awesome, I already know that you can RP very well. Very nice profile sign up, so you have got to be Accepted. Your Pokémon will be - Abra. Hope you like it.

KillehKiwi - Haha, I just noticed that we have so much female character sign-ups, it's awesome. Not saying that you can't make a female sign-up or I want you to change your sign-up (that goes for everyone), but I haven't seen so much females in one RP. Anyways, you're Accepted. Your Pokémon - Buizel. Hope you liked that surprise!

BrianGabriel - Yes sir, sign-ups will be open for a good while, untill the plot twist intertwines itself with the story and RP. You are Accepted. Your Pokémon - Hoppip. Enjoy.

Now my turn to write a sign-up. xD

Edit - Yeah, Neku; sign-ups are still open.

King!

better
    Years
  • Um....well...you see....I don't know if....

My point is, I THINK I was skipped. Not sure, so take your time, but.......

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    My fault King, I didn't skip you it just slipped my mind as I was focused on the newer sign-ups. You are Accepted. Pokémon - Croagunk. Enjoy.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • xD Thanks! I love my surprise Buizel! And I just noticed that! Wonder why theres so many girls. ;D

King!

better
    Years
  • Thanks.....but....OH!

I.....happened to.....um....I'm sorry, I thought I.....

Oh god, I'm really sorry but the "Normal" and "fighting" types wasn't supposed to be there.......

I'm wondering if I could change it (the starter) to just grass, because I put them there by accident.

It's fine if you can't, buuut........

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
    Years
  • Thank you! I was hoping for a murkrow :D I was thinking of his name and personality before I read the acceptance and what pokemon you gave me. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Name: Aero Valiant
    Personality: Aero has a strong passion for battling. He loves to battle, but knows the limit of his pokemon and wouldn't want to push them to far to seriously injure them. Aero loves pokemon, living with them and caring for them ever since he was little. He's rather cheerful at times, and is ready to do anything. Though, if he gets depressed he becomes somewhat slow and doesn't respond much... Aero is willing to help anyone, pokemon or human. He can't stand those who mistreat their pokemon in any way. He is always encouraging his Cyndaquil, which hasn't choosen to evolve yet which is fine by him. Aero is friendly to other people, unless of course they mistreat their pokemon. When angered Aero yells and is ready to fight. He goes battle crazy when he's angry, he basically turns into a completly diffrent person. If provoked, Aero will fight back though. Aero tries to get along with everyone if he can.
    When battling, Aero can use several methods of fighting styles due to battling since he was 10 and using diffrent pokemon. He may use tactics, or just go with instinct. Sometimes, he claims that "i just wing it" or "I'll do whatever it seems my pokemon wants to do!".
    Appearance: Aero has light brown colored hair that's spikey and always in a mess. He has bright green colored eyes. Aero wears light a red and white jacket that's sleevless and allows his t-shirts sleeves to fit. It varies as to having his jacket zipped up or unzipped, but it's usually zipped up. He has a white hood attatched to his jacket. It varies whether he wears the hood or not, it sometimes depends on the weather or what mood he's in. He wears a black t-shirt that has white on the end of the sleeves. Since Aero's jacket is sleeveless, the sleeves of his t-shirt show and cover his arm to his elbow. He wears baggy shorts that go to his knees. His shorts are a light blue color, but not that light. For shoes he wears sneakers that are blue, black and red. He's the average size of a 16 year old.
    History: Aero was born to two expert battling pokemon trainers and lived in Johto. Since his parents were trainers, he's been around pokemon ever since he was born. He always loved to watch his father or mother train with their pokemon and wished that someday he could become a trainer like them and get hsi own pokemon. In his childhood he played with his parents pokemon nearly every day. He helped care for his parents pokemon as well, beleiving that "it'll come in handy one day when I become a trainer!". Aero watched pokemon battles on the TV and always got absorbed into them and imagining himmself one day being on TV and battling with his own pokemon. Once Aero became 10 years old, his parents allowed him to use their pokemon to have practice matches against them or just against the other pokemon. This excited Aero to no end, because as soon as he was told he immediatley went outside and to where his parents pokemon were and immediatley started battling with his parents pokemon. Aero trained with hsi mother and father, with his favorite pokemon that his parents had. Though, he had a tough time battling against his parents since they were more experienced at battling than him, and since it was their pokemon they knew their weakness's. A few Years passed and Aero got better and better at battling with his parents pokemon. Though, he still didn't have a pokemon to call his own. Then, when he was 13 he was given an egg from his parents. They wouldn't tell him what pokemon would come from the egg, but Aero was excited about getting a pokemon. Days turned into weeks, and finally, the egg hatched. What hatched from the egg was a Cyndaquil. Aero was completly excited that he got a Cyndaquil, since he like fire types and liked its final evolution- Typhlosion. Aero decided to nickname Cyndaquil Ion. He wanted to go on a journey immediatley, but his parents told him that Ion wouldn't be strong enough since it just hatched. Aero knew that his parents were right, so he waited. Though, later, Aero decided to stay 3 more years until he was 16 to start his journey. He was already late to start, and he wanted to do some training with his Cyndaquil. Not hard training, like against his parents pokemon but some training against practice dummies. Aero was able to get a few more pokemon while he was at home, and Ion evolved into Quilava, and then evolved into Typhlosion. Aero had received the invitation of Proffesor Willow in the mail, and he decided that this was the time to start his journey with Ion.
    Pokémon: Male Typhlosion (Nicknamed Ion)
    Ion had hatched from an egg that Aero's parents had gotten from a Day Care couple that they knew. He was timid at first when he hatched, but after being around all the other pokemon Ion got out of most of his timidness. Ion is loyal to Aero, since he's been with Aero ever since he hatched. Ion tries his best to win for his master. He's one of Aero's favorite team members.
    Pokémon Registration: Fighting Sinnoh
    Post Sample: Skye and Flareolf walked along on Island Path 1. Skye gazed around his surroundings... There were grassy patches where pokemon hid, but so far, he hasn't seen one. He didn't see any trainers to battle either... Skye sighed and looked down at Flareolf. "Flare....Flareollllllf...." Flareolf whined, obviously wanting to do something other than walk along a rocky path seeing no trainers or pokemon. Skye sighed and muttered quietly "I know, buddy, I know...."

They walked along the path for a few more minutes. Flareolf's ears suddenly perked up when it saw a figure walking around up ahead. "Flaaaare! Flareolf!!!" Flareolf barked excidedly and poked Skye's leg with his paw.

Skye looked ahead and saw a pokemon trainer. He grinned and noticed that the trainer saw him and quickly ran over to him. It was a boy who was probably the same age or younger than himmself. "Hey! Let's fight." The snotty kid replied. Skye said" Heh! Fine with me! Let's go, Flareolf!"
    Flare quickly jumped infront of his trainer and barked "Flaaare! Olf, Olf!"

The kid threw his pokeball and a Poocheyana came out. Skye heard his pokedex say "Poocheyana, teh puppy type pokemon. It-" the rest was unheard because Skye instantly commanded "Flareolf, quick attack!"

Flareolf did a speedy attack and tackled the Poocheyana. "Poo-Pooch!" "Poocheyana, use tackle!" the young boy commanded. The Poocheyana tackled Flareolf, which fell to the ground from the blow, but quickly recovered from the attack.

"Okay Flareolf, use another quick attack!" Skye shouted. Flareolf did another speedy quick attack and hit the Poocheyana in the side. The Poocheyana hit the ground, but came back up. "Poochey..ana!" the Poocheyana growled.

"Use growl, Poocheyana! Then a tackle!" the kid yelled. Poocheyana used growl, and Flareolfs attack fell. "Flareolf, Flare!" Flareolf growled. "Flareolf, use leer! Then a quick attack again!" Skye commanded. Flareolf leered at the Poocheyana, making its defense fall.

Then, Flareolf did a quick attack once again and hit the Poochyeana. "Pooch, Pooch!" The Poocheyana cried, andhit the ground. It stuggled to get up, and stood for a few moments, but fell on it's side.

"Flare!! Flareolf!!!" Flareolf cried and did a few jumps before running twoards Skye in excitment. "Alright Flareolf, we won!" Skye cheered. The boy was upset that he lost and returned Poocheyana in its pokeball and grumbled something that Skye couldn't hear...

(Might add a little more later...)

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Name: Ariel Gardner

Personality: Ariel is very direct. She gets to the point of a conversation right away. She is also very bold, daring to try out even the riskiest stunts if it means having a chance at victory. There is no nonsense about battling to he; everything is serious and down to business. She is a bit of a tomboy, too, getting into fights and annoying people easily. But she likes it, as she points out that since the person is annoyed at her, he or she can't ignore her. Ariel likes to feel necessary or involved. Even if it means making an enemy out of somebody. She has quite a sense of pride, and her temper will flare if you mock her, so she absolutely can't stand insults. She can take anything else head-on, though. She has a pretty sharp tongue herself.

Ariel's strongest point is her ability to focus. And that is, really focus. She shuns out anything else, and concentrates only on the task at hand. The past and the future don't matter to her. For her, it's always the present, right here and now. However, because of this, she oftenly misses many details of different things and people get annoyed at her because they think she doesn't pay attention enough. (Though she pays a bit too much attention, really.)

Ariel's need for attention is due to her fear. The fear of being left out. Of being ignored. She can't stand it. When people don't pay attention to her, she feels isolated and unsafe. It's like if she was completely shunned out by the rest of the world. She feels very small and insignificant then, and she hates that. She wants to be important. Otherwise, she just feels uneasy and self-conscious.

Another aspect of Ariel's personality: she hates boys. She is convinced that males were put on the planet to torture her, and that they are the creations of the devil. Many boys approach her because of her looks, and that just gives them an even worst reputation in her point of view. She just can't seem to see the good side of them. To her, they're all annoying, un-sensitive jerks. Her friends tell her that all the boys she knows are the creeps, and that there are actually good ones out here. Ariel has a hard time believing it, though. Romance is a definite no-no for her.

Appearance: Though Ariel is a tomboy, she doesn't really look like one. Heck, she looks like a normal girly girl. Her appearance totally doesn't fit with her personality. For instance, she has this waist-length, silky, deep red hair that curls near the end and these pretty, light green eyes. As they say, don't judge a book by its cover. That's a lesson many boys learned the hard way. (Swollen cheek, black eye and barfing are the usual ways.) Ariel doesn't care much about clothes, though. She thinks that being comfortable is more important than being pretty. She wears a simple, yellow and orange T-shirt and a pair of ragged jeans. (Ragged because of her constant fights. Seriously, she needs about fifty pairs every week.) She dislikes jewelry, but she'll stand watches, so she has a golden one on her right wrist. White (though you'd never know it for all the dirt smeared on them) sneakers do the trick for her.

History: Ariel has an average past. Her life hasn't exactly been a luxurious one, but it hasn't been a tragedy either. She grew up on a small farm somewhere near Lavaridge Town. Her family, consisted of her mother, father, two sisters and herself, were all hard workers. Ariel used to amuse herself at herding the Mareep, and she always enjoyed milking the Miltank. They earned enough to make a living. But one year, the crops failed. A good number of Mareep and Miltank succumbed a new illness, too. They were forced to sell the farm and move to Lavaridge Town. There, they found it difficult to fit in. The girls had never gone to school before, and they had certainly never been with so many people. Neverthessly, they learned to adjust. Ariel quickly took an interest in battling.

One day, she met Flannery, the town's Gym Leader, at the hot springs. They were very much alike and immediately became friends. Flannery suggested they battle, and so they did. Ariel lost at once, of course, being a rookie not even out of training school yet. But she promised Flannery that she would get stronger, and that the next time they fought, she would definitely win. A few months after that, she graduated from school and got her parent's permission to leave on a journey around the region. She hastily picked one of the Mareep her family had kept and began traveling. She soon found out that she was a good trainer. A great one, even, as she got several Gym badges before she arrived back at Lavaridge to challenge Flannery again. This time, she won.

She continued her journey and won two more badges before deciding to stop. She had received news that her mother was sick, and that her two older sisters had left to Kanto for work. That only left her father to do the housekeeping and cooking. They were kind of poor, after all, so they couldn't afford a housekeeper. So Ariel took responsibility on the house. After a while, her mother got better, but Ariel was not sure if she should continue her trainer career. After thinking it out, though, and talking to her parents, she decided that she would go to Johto and continue her journey after all.

Pokemon:

Lovebell, Ariel's Flaffy, is generally the quiet type. She doesn't like fighting much, but she understands that she has to. She is very loyal to Ariel and can understand her feelings very fell. Lovebell isn't one to struggle, and is usually peaceful, so she listens to practically anyone. She can also be quite sensitive, though.

Pokemon Registration: Poison-type : Kanto

RP Sample:

"You know, I'm going to be leaving tomorrow," Ariel said quietly.

Flannery stayed silent, picking at the grass. Neither of the girls knew what to say.

"I-I'm going to miss you," Flannery finally choked out.

"M-Me too," Ariel said in a trembling voice. She looked down embarassedly. What was with her? She wasn't the type to cry. Yet she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She shut them fiercely, wishing they would go away. She didn't want to cry. Not in front of Flannery. To her surprise, she heard a giggle.

"Hey, I just remembered," Flannery whispered, giggling. "You know what tonight is?"

Ariel blinked. The tears were still there, but she had forgotten about those now. "The night of May 16th?"

"Yeah. The night Jerry Huston was supposed to take Angela to the hot springs!" Flannery cried.

Ariel clapped her hands to her mouth. "God! You're right!" she cried. "How could I forget? Jerry confronted her in the PokeMart, right? I was watching the whole thing through the window."

"So was I," Flannery admitted. "I think the whole town was. Oh, imagine what they're doing now. They're probably in one of those private springs. They're holding hands, huddled together...maybe they'll even kiss," she added thoughtfully.

"Oh, ew!" Ariel shrieked. "Ew, ew, ew! That's it, Flan, you stop talking about that right now or I'm going downstairs."

"To do what?" Flannery asked, puzzled.

"To get a hammer and bust your head," Ariel replied. Flannery giggled. After a moment of silence, Ariel asked softly, "You know, Flan...you've been a really good friend. Even though you were two years older than me, you never treated me like a kid...not that I am one, anyway. But really. You're real nice. I bet anyone would like to have a friend like you."

"E-ew, mu-u-shy stuff," Flannery sang. The two of them laughed.

Then, suddenly, Ariel asked excitedly, "Hey, I know! How 'bout a battle? It could be our last chance for who-knows-how-long!"

Flannery sighed. "Is that all you ever think about?"

"Nah," Ariel replied, grinning. "I'm much more complicated than that."

Flannery grinned too. "I hope so. I don't want to battle a punching bag."

Ariel smirked. "Just don't think you'll win easily."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Flannery said slyly. "So, are we doing this or what?" She slipped a small, red and white ball out of her...nightgown. Ariel took hers out of her...hair.

"You're on!"

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Hmm... A Sneasel... Well, not what I was going for but, I guess I like Sneasel... Cant wait for this to start!

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Name: Lance Sky

Personality: Lance is a very quiet and self-spoken person. He is much focused and is driven with the will to complete his set goals, no matter what they are. He dislikes large crowds and when he is forced to be in them he would rather be towards the back, so he doesn't catch any attention. He is a very clever person, an optimist, always thoughtful and positive for everything. He almost always thinks that he is always right; therefore he is ignorant to being wrong. In an argument, when someone proves him wrong he takes it the wrong way and walks away angry. If he could, he would avoid argument at all times but it always seems to follow him. He cannot stand not feeling useful, or not making other people useful.

Lance no longer overreacts to things, and instead tries to think of a logical way to solve a problem. Instead of being immature by playing pranks that cause physical pain, he instead speaks with blunt and thorny words to push away the people he dislikes. He is still an excellent actor, and can very easily formulate a completely different exterior, from blunt, to graceful, to childish. Although, in battle Lance is almost the opposite of his normal persona; he is extremely outspoken and gets into the heat of the battle, so much that everything else except his Pokémon and his foe blank out. His aggressiveness shows and is transcribed from his Pokémon as well. He will fight to the finish, not giving up for anything.

Appearance: Lance is a tall young man with a very atheletic physique.
    About 6'0" tall, he weighs about 160 lbs. He has long, shaggy like hair that is dark brown in color, with two blonde strips on the sides. He never has his hair loose, and it is always kept in a pony tail, which is the reason why he has those two blonde strips on the side. His eyes are a bright hazel which adds to a charming look that is always upon him. He always wears and black long-sleeved underarmor with a Nike check on the chest. His muscles are shown and Lance wears this tight muscle-showing shirt for intimidation purposes, if they even work. Although the main reason is because it's comfortable. On the bottom, he wears regular black basketball shorts that are big and baggy for him, although he ties them up with the string from the inside to make sure they don't fall. For shoes he wears the white and black "Venom" Nike SB Dunks. Sometimes in the cold he wears a thin sports jacket, but that only comes in the Winter. Right now it's the summer. He wears a belt/strap like thing around his waist that carries all of his Pokéballs. He does carry around a black Jansport bag though, which only has important stuff like an iPod Touch, a Pokédex and a Pokétch.

History: Lance was born in the region of Sinnoh in the somewhat large city of
    Pastoria. His father was a very accomplished Pokémon trainer, winning a numerous amount of battles. His mother was a Pokémon Breeder, hence how he got his first Pokémon, Magby. Always watching and annalyzing the way his father battled, Lance would almost always go out and mimic the exact same thing his father would do. Him and his Magby grew up together from a very early age. He was always surrounded by Pokémon and trainers, growing up in a house of his two parents and five other siblings, four trainers and one coordinator. His brothers and sisters would always do stuff together but Lance would rather do things on his own.

One day, his father allowed him to go to the Great Marsh as a 14th year old birthday gift. There he found a numerous amount of Pokémon. He was amazed from what he saw, never knowing how many different species existed. But that was nothing. Once he returned home he told his dad of his sightings and his father explain to him that there are so much more exciting things in the extremely large region of Sinnoh. So that's when the decision was made; Lance wanted to travel and earn Gym Badges. So a year from his 14th birthday, he would set out on his journey. But before that day would come, he would meet the Pastoria City Gym Leader, Crasher Wake. With some words of inspiration, Lance set out to become the best trainer there was.

Gathering much reputation around the region, being able to defeat six Gym Leaders in total and Lance had earned the badges, by the time Lance turned 18 he received a mysterious letter from a man named Dr. Willow. It stated that there was a new Johto League up and running, and that Lance was one of a selected hundreds to be selected to participate in. Lance saw this as a wonderful chance to show the world what he is capable of. This was now his new goal – to enter the new Johto League.

Pokémon:
    Pokémon Heart & Soul

Magmortar
    - Lance's starter Pokémon was a Magby until it eventually reached it's full evolution, Magmortar. He is a great fighter with great strive; this guy will never give up, no matter what the circumstances are. He is also very protective of Lance sometimes when he's out of his Pokéball, which is hardly ever. This is the most powerful tank he had on his team, and it has the most battle experience of all of his former Pokémon, which consisted of very diverse types and species;
    - Magmortar
    - Tropius
    - Rampardos
    - Lumineon
    - Jolteon
    Pokémon Registration: Grass, Johto -
    Pokémon Heart & Soul

Chikorita

Post Sample:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Omega. Mind if change scyther to something else before the RP starts and will the players be in groups or alone for the course of the story?

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    No I don't mind at all, Got-a-Plan-B.

Accepted!
    - Neku - Riolu
    - Neiko Star - Nidoran M/F, you choose.
    I'm soo tired.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    Allright I´m going to try this it seems fun but before I have to say a few things
    1) I am not experienced in play by post roleplaying but I usually play (and even more often GM) ordinary roleplays.....so have a little paitence with me.
    2) I might be a little bit rusty on Pokemon as well as I haven´t been properly into it in a long while but I still know some and as I won´t roleplay a pokemon proffesor not knowing about all pokemon won´t be that bad right.
    3)I like that you are keeping the theme of tree names on Proffesors.
    S i g n - u p ;
    Name: "Rich kid" John Willson
    Personality: John acts much in the same way as a spoilt brat mainly beacouse that is what he has been his whole life. John belives those that are poor to be less wort than the rich (reasoning that if they were good they would have become rich). He sees rare and powerfull pokemon more as a status symbol than anything else and is annoyed by the fact that there is little possibility to buy them. He also has the firm belief that EVERYTHING can be bought with money. Even though this John isn´t all bad, he donates considerable ammounts of money to charity (Pokecenters, Pokemon research etc) and has even done some charity work (though he is in the firm belief that rich people shouldn´t have to work).
    John has a tense relation with his father who has chosen not to give John one of his rare pokemon as he doesn´t think John is ready for it, once John can prove that he can handle it he will be given one but John belives he will inheritate them before that happends.
    Appearance: John is quite handsome, he is blond and has brown eyes, he is fairly tall 1,85m. And makes sure to wear cloths of the latest fashion.
    History: John was born in a rich family in Kanto (Vermilion city) where he was given anything he wanted. He grew up like this and moved out from his parents at the age of 17, hired a valet (James Smith) and settled in a mansion outside Fuchsia city. Although he lives there most of the time he also likes to travel and has been almost everywhere in Kanto and to some of the places in Johto (he sponsors Elm and therefore wishes to see how his research is doing once in a while).
    Pokémon: John owns a strong and experienced Taurus that he bought from a trainer that didn´t wish to reveal his name, the taurus is strong and healthy but there is one problem.....it doesn´t follow the commands of John, John has tried but it won´t listen. This has caused John to be unable to capture any other Pokemon so far.
    Pokémon Registration:Kanto seems most appropriate so far and if Kanto one that can be found in the Zafari zone fits his home location. Also the Kanto ones are those I know properly so it is easier for me having those when roleplaying.
    Post Sample: Sorry I can´t provide this....I haven´t got my other Play by post notes (and they wouldn´t be the same kind of RPG anyways) and writing something up is like writing a story and would probobly be different from how I write in the RPG anyway. If you decide not to have me beacouse I can´t give post samples that´s fine but you got to start somewhere and you could at least give me a chance too see.....if you remove me it can easily be explained by John getting bored and moving back home.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • Woohoo! So excited for this RP to begin! Just FYI, I'm gonna be busy studying for my last exam today and tomorrow, so don't be surprised if I drop off the face of the earth until then. I definitely plan on being active in this RP. Peace out ^_^

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Denied. I'm not even going to go into details as into why I'm not accepting you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back