• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
  • Commonly because Link used up all his rom space and it repoints the same hex over and over.

and Free Space is called

FEFEFEFEFEFE.

The Beta is like at 1.5?

Im pretty sure Zeikku has everything under control. I think.

Can't Guarantee the outcomes.
    Nah, he surely didn't use all the space up you silly goose. Also, free space is FF, or 00, although 00 isn't recommended to be trusted. And on that, using all the space and FEFEFE or whatever has nothing to do with why a text string would show up in-game.

EDIT:

Jake said:
    Tell me what one you prefer, remember to be honest -.-
    Well, I really like the second one a lot better. The first one looks like a beginner sprite, while the second looks more proffessional and the such. Anyways, keep it up! Luck~

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Uhhh... "free space" is either FF or 00. And the byte FE doesn't represent the string "FE" in-game.

Anyway, I played through it for a bit and it was pretty good. I couldn't find any bugs up to where I stopped. I don't much like the new tiles though. I think FR or Kyledove D/P would be better. Some of the buildings that connect routes and towns are "squashed" and it doesn't look very nice. I realise that you're running out of space (with the patch being over 2MB I'm suprised you haven't run out of space already) but you could always expand the ROM and expand a few maps so the buildings are standard size in a future release.

Well i liked the hack when it was at the FR/LG Tiles.

It fits the climate.

and hush about the F.E. thing.

I havent hacked in hex for like 485858485477 days.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Just to be sure... If you want to know a rough amount of how much free space is used, open up the game in a hex editor. I did that and guess what? Still a whole lot of free space left. I guess Ninja Caterpie was right when he told me to not underestimate the amount of free space a game has...

Anyways, So far I've only played up to nearly Violet City (barely had any time to play) and I like it a lot so far... I guess even though I didn't play much.. XD

Also, I like the second sprite better BUT a revamp of the first sprite would probably be better, as the second sprite looks kinda like Zane's... His pose I guess.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Just to be sure... If you want to know a rough amount of how much free space is used, open up the game in a hex editor. I did that and guess what? Still a whole lot of free space left. I guess Ninja Caterpie was right when he told me to not underestimate the amount of free space a game has...

Anyways, So far I've only played up to nearly Violet City (barely had any time to play) and I like it a lot so far... I guess even though I didn't play much.. XD

Also, I like the second sprite better BUT a revamp of the first sprite would probably be better, as the second sprite looks kinda like Zane's... His pose I guess.

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

doesn't look the same to me...maybe the arms do a little, oh well, I'll try redoing the first axel when I'm bored

keep saying which one you guys prefer though
    This (sprited by esmas)-
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

or This (Sprited by me)-
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • zane sprite is awesome. but poke mart and centre = ugly x_x sorry lol i never did like those designs. even in shiny gold :P

aww.i like them. they are the best out of the other we tried. the problem is the others disnt really go with our tiles.

Re-talking to Jasmine is glitchy!

FIXED for the patch.

I'm kind of taking the game slow, but I like it so far. You've put a lot of new pokemon and trainers along routes.
    So far I haven't even gotten to Azelea.. but I don't sit here and play it all the time either XD

I've played about 2hours 3 minutes and I already like it better than any other hack I've played. Awesome hack.

Also.. I'm taking videos of this too, it's going to be a playthrough but I'll probably put up about 5-10 videos at a time. I've seen a few glitches so I'll probably make a few videos every now and then to visually show you the glitches... since some are better shown through video at least.

thanks dude. in the patch (late i know...) all glitches for johto will be gone. all the reported ones that is.

I made a new axel sprite
    heres the old one:-
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

and the new one:-
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Tell me what one you prefer, remember to be honest -.-

i have to say i really like the second ones hair but i still prefer the old one.

Only just got here, and oh my goodness this hack looks great :D, i'll think i will start it in a min.

And I'm gonna keep my mouth shut when it comes to the question of this or Shiny Gold, I want people to think both hacks are as equally good.

EDIT: I'm suprised no one mentioned this yet (sorry if someone did) but the Wooper that Oak sends out during the intro has a Male Nidorn's cry.

LOL.thanks for pointing that out. i never noticed either.

I found a glitch that's very weird. Whenever I get near to the lake of rage the game restarts to the gameboy logo. I'm playing this on my psp. Also linkandzelda your site is not working for me.

strange. i visit the lake of rage all the time. no problems.

yea that site has server problems sometimes.

After beating the very first trainer that you ever face (Not your rivals, just the ordinary trainer that was fighting with another traininer in the beginning of the game), If you talk to him afterwards wierd letters like FFFEEEFEFEEEEEE come up.

yea. thats no problem. its fixed.

Commonly because Link used up all his rom space and it repoints the same hex over and over.

and Free Space is called

FEFEFEFEFEFE.

The Beta is like at 1.5?

Im pretty sure Zeikku has everything under control. I think.

Can't Guarantee the outcomes.

well i have alot of space left. that only happens becuase the ending byte for the text string was taken away randomly so the string wil overlap until the next FF in the rom. this beta is 1.0 and the patch i will release will be 1.1 XD

Uhhh... "free space" is either FF or 00. And the byte FE doesn't represent the string "FE" in-game.

Anyway, I played through it for a bit and it was pretty good. I couldn't find any bugs up to where I stopped. I don't much like the new tiles though. I think FR or Kyledove D/P would be better. Some of the buildings that connect routes and towns are "squashed" and it doesn't look very nice. I realise that you're running out of space (with the patch being over 2MB I'm suprised you haven't run out of space already) but you could always expand the ROM and expand a few maps so the buildings are standard size in a future release.

i know what you mean about the maps. i can fix up some of them but not all.

Well i liked the hack when it was at the FR/LG Tiles.

It fits the climate.

and hush about the F.E. thing.

I havent hacked in hex for like 485858485477 days.

well i didnt like the FR tiles.

update: the patch is late i know. but i had some last minute inspiration.

link

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think you might wanna check your spelling too, the first girl i saw in Violet said efect instead of effect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    The download link for the beta doesn't work. Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    i actually like the tiles for the pokemon centers better. oh and one little nitpick are u gonn a change the song for inside the goldenrod city mart to the outsie on just like normal.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Yes, you can!, I used the one of Experience and the Master ball!!

no I can't I put in the codes and they didn't do anything, but I used the same codes for a different hack and they worked, so it's just this hack, it's blocking gameshark codes for some reason

linkandzelda

Years
  • I think you might wanna check your spelling too, the first girl i saw in Violet said efect instead of effect.

yea. i'm dyslexic so theres alot of errors like that. ive fixed alot for the patch.

The download link for the beta doesn't work. Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?

yea. its down AGAIN......

i actually like the tiles for the pokemon centers better. oh and one little nitpick are u gonn a change the song for inside the goldenrod city mart to the outsie on just like normal.

thanks. yea the music will be same as outside.

no I can't I put in the codes and they didn't do anything, but I used the same codes for a different hack and they worked, so it's just this hack, it's blocking gameshark codes for some reason

i dont do cheats so i wouldnt know.

heres a mirror for the download beta 1.0 not the patch just yet :P

https://www.sendspace.com/file/avdsxj

link

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Just because i don't like the mart and pokecentre doesent mean i wont play :D i'm still gona play and complete bcecause i think it's well done and i enjoy it so don't worry :D

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    oh yeah im pretty sure one of the trainers around goldenrod their name is just L or something. i mean not that theres a problem with that it would be better if he actually looked like L =P. but anyways impretty sure their name isnt quite right

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    oh, I exitted out of all my programs before bringing it up and it still lags a lot, I know it is lagging, even though you don't think it is can you still fix it anyway

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    you should know. the longer it takes for the patch to comes out is a good thing. you know why. it means there adding more bug fixes etc. so it's better of waiting. let them find all the commonly known bugs and put the fixes in this patch. instead of waiting one day then releasing a patch. if that was the case you would only have a few bug fixes... the game would still have most bugs.

linkandzelda

Years
  • Just because i don't like the mart and pokecentre doesent mean i wont play :D i'm still gona play and complete bcecause i think it's well done and i enjoy it so don't worry :D

thanks.

And the patch?, twpo hays had passed and we are still waiting...

yea sorry. im either getting last minute bugs or last minut insriration :P

oh yeah im pretty sure one of the trainers around goldenrod their name is just L or something. i mean not that theres a problem with that it would be better if he actually looked like L =P. but anyways impretty sure their name isnt quite right

XD that would be cool if he looked like L. i'll check it out.

oh, I exitted out of all my programs before bringing it up and it still lags a lot, I know it is lagging, even though you don't think it is can you still fix it anyway

well i cant fix something i dont have. it runs perfectly fine for me. its nothing i could fix anyway.

you should know. the longer it takes for the patch to comes out is a good thing. you know why. it means there adding more bug fixes etc. so it's better of waiting. let them find all the commonly known bugs and put the fixes in this patch. instead of waiting one day then releasing a patch. if that was the case you would only have a few bug fixes... the game would still have most bugs.

yea thats true. its pointless release patch after patch xd.

update: im gonna post a draft of the changlog for beta 1.1:

the upstairs of the pokemon centers have been removed. the only one remaining is indigo platue

the kanto wild battle and trainer battle music have been replaced with the ones from FR/LG

goldenrods music has been improved.

male and female trainer encounter musics have been put in.

zanes pokemon battles are much MUCH harder now.

added in a few more extras :P

fixed MOSTLY all reported bugs. theres a few that couldnt be fixed.

expect the patch soon.

link

EDIT: i just wanted to say that the reason im adding in more stuff for a bug fix patch release it that i feel theres not enought stuff to do after you complete the beta. i want there to be more things to keep people ocupied until the beta 2. if thats understandable :P

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Were you able to fix the glitch where if you lose to Silver you return to your house or Pokemon Center? (didn't happen in the original)

linkandzelda

Years
  • Were you able to fix the glitch where if you lose to Silver you return to your house or Pokemon Center? (didn't happen in the original)

no. becuase if you loose to any battle you return to the last healing point. ive tried millions of times but no luck.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    guess I won't be playing this then, cause I can't play a game that lags

linkandzelda

Years
  • well its probably an emulator issue. the only lag i found was between route 36 and route 37.

link

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back