• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
  • He didn't hack it, it's just that you never set any barriers.

On an end note, I'd like to show you a titlescreen in development for mythic legends that I am making,

Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

I'll probably finish this tomorrow. When I wake up. because it's 6am. And I screwed up my sleeping pattern. I wake up at 3pm now. This really sucks. That is all.

ROFL, I screwed up my sleeping pattern as well >_> Now I wake up at like 5 PM. If this Titlescreen gets in the hack, then I'll.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

Years
  • ^What pc problem at the tower of elements? If you are talking about withdrawing pokemon and depositing pokemon... that is a problem with the entire beta. They have already fixed it for the new beta

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • Hey, im loving your hack at the moment.
    There's a few problem's i'm having and wondering if anyone else has these issues?

1. When fishing in certain spot's all i get is ??????? lv 1
    2. When i try to deposit and withdraw pokemon out my pc my game freezes.. Which doesn't actually help..
    i'm using Visual boy advance by the way if that matters..

Edit: i'm obviously blind, misread the above post haha. All good.

Years
  • this hack has maaaaaany map errors...in the route after the first cave there are trees that need to replace i didnt want to play after that lol...you will se why its a big error when u got on that route...btw its the route with the tallest buillding in the game...

juxta

3181 0814 1066
    Years
  • I must agree, there is a lot of map errors, speech errors etc. But overall i love your idea, story setup wild pokemon choices and other notable facts, that i don't really care about those errors. After all, it is a beta!

psychicboy

Years
  • Well if you'll be so kind as to wait for the next beta, you'll have noticed that 97% of all bugs and map errors have been fixed. In fact, I'm confident the next beta will be a completely new experiance for all of you :3

Just wait. My mapper is having problems and can't contact me at the moment, but I swear if he can't contact me within the next 7 days, I'll use my ugly mapping skills. Its the story that counts, right >_>?

Years
  • May I ask what the problem is currently with your mapper? Bad internet service? Can't seem to get on pokecommunity? What?

Years
  • Some banners I made for my favorite hack. Feel free to use them if you like them (although I suggest you upload it to your website as I do not have an account with imgur)

All Three

Suicune

Entei

Raikou

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Great Hack so far I am not that far in but I am enjoying it
    I also found some bugs not sure if they have been posted or not
    too many pages to read through
    Spoiler:

I will post more if I find anymore as I progress through the game

Years
  • ^A lot of those I believe are already fixed in the newest beta. But its still good to point out everything so they can fix everything

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I just finished the game atleast I think so because I can't get the badge
    in Everwind city because the team Calypso kidnapping event keeps repeating
    itself
    Also I found a couple more bugs
    Spoiler:

Years
  • are you playing the latest beta (2.1)? As I did not have the problem with it repeating itself. Are you sure you beat Kent in the end and you were able to leave that place and then able to return to the gym and battle the gym leader?

Because it is only a one time thing

psychicboy

Years
  • I just finished the game atleast I think so because I can't get the badge
    in Everwind city because the team Calypso kidnapping event keeps repeating
    itself
    Also I found a couple more bugs
    Spoiler:
    Eww... Some of those areent fixed... I'll be sure to fix them ASAP.

are you playing the latest beta (2.1)? As I did not have the problem with it repeating itself. Are you sure you beat Kent in the end and you were able to leave that place and then able to return to the gym and battle the gym leader?

Because it is only a one time thing

What he said. I've play tested my own beta plenty of times and I've always been able to fight Leon. Don't know what your doin wrong bud :P

Also, in 2 more days if my mapper hasnt returned I will map his parts myself (or try and get Aljam to do it) and then script the area. When that is done, I will finally be able to release beta 3. After beta 3, There will either be one or two more beta's untill the game is completely finished :D

Years
  • Betas are for templates while the complete version is where everything needs to be perfect. The most important thing in a beta (IMO) is the story plot and game play. The accessories like mapping can come later. As long as the game isn't too bad where the graphics become unbearable, it will be fine.

And personally I had no problem with your mapping or tiles in the first place. The story-plot more than made up for those things... and the other errors, yeah they were annoying but I could deal with them. The game was challenging and the story was amazing.

Those are usually the foundations that are needed in any good game, and you have those. The accessories are what differentiates a great hack from an "okay hack". But in your case, it isn't even the final product so the accessories are more like throw ins right now.

It's analogous to an artist, do you think he creates perfection in his first work? No, he gets the basic outlines down and goes back to fix the things later...

And for these games, it's more closely related to writers. You think they care about the little things like how the page looks right now and how the grammar sounds? Sure, they don't want it to be terrible but the most important thing is still the storyplot (game play). Without a good game play, the accessories won't save the game, without a great storyplot, the grammar + way the page looks (font, margins, etc.) won't save the story.

BTW: What do you think of the banners I made for you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back