• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Cheers for answering so quickly :) Got another question though-has starmie's type changed? Thundershock did neutral damage on it. And I know a lot of pokes had their typing changed but is there a list of this anywhere?

Years
hey guys. i'm stuck at that hotel where a red guard is standing in front of the receptionist and i can't go upstairs.. what should i do?? (i'm watching now the walkthrough at youtube)

Years
Cheers for answering so quickly :) Got another question though-has starmie's type changed? Thundershock did neutral damage on it. And I know a lot of pokes had their typing changed but is there a list of this anywhere?

In fact for I know, pokemon types aren't changed but type charts are. The list is on the first post.

Years
I was thinking, you implemented trainer battle themes that change depending on the context, but that only applies to specific trainers : why not give many themes to normal trainers too, not necessarily in the light of their class, but according to the weather, the place, the context, which would permit to hear those themes from all generations which I am really curious of how you would remix or remaster them ? I think it would enhance even more the atmospheric and unique feel of the places we visit, nothing but music can do that in my opinion, and you already do it really well, just wanted to propose that idea which I don't think was ever made :p

Edit : sorry for double post, I just feel uncomfortable with speaking to someone else when I already quoted someone :/

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Starmie is now just a Psychic. I really love Starmie and a Water/Psychic would have gave it too many weaknesses for me, haha.
hey guys. i'm stuck at that hotel where a red guard is standing in front of the receptionist and i can't go upstairs.. what should i do?? (i'm watching now the walkthrough at youtube)
You have to take the Battle Lodge challenge.
In fact for I know, pokemon types aren't changed but type charts are. The list is on the first post.
I reupdated the type chart again based upon the suggestions made by others. I haven't updated it to the PlayGuide yet. But for now, I'll show it right here:

I was thinking, you implemented trainer battle themes that change depending on the context, but that only applies to specific trainers : why not give many themes to normal trainers too, not necessarily in the light of their class, but according to the weather, the place, the context, which would permit to hear those themes from all generations which I am really curious of how you would remix or remaster them ? I think it would enhance even more the atmospheric and unique feel of the places we visit, nothing but music can do that in my opinion, and you already do it really well, just wanted to propose that idea which I don't think was ever made :p

Edit : sorry for double post, I just feel uncomfortable with speaking to someone else when I already quoted someone :/
The battle theme based on context are for rivals, depending on the mood of the scenario. This is for Youngster Joey, Tizzle, Criminal Ego. Team Chasm and Super Rocket will have their own consistent battle music. Actually for RC 2, some trainer classes have their own battle music. For instance: School Kid, Fighter Bro (this is a must haha), and Taejo Police.

And also, regional music have been finally implemented. Taejo and Seijo, have its own trainer/wild battle, etc battle music. So now on Route 96, you'll hear a different wild battle theme. For instance and consistency:
There will be Taejo Wild 1/2. The 2nd wild theme is for interactable Pokemon. Taejo Trainer 1/2. The 2nd trainer theme is for random "important" battles. There will be Seijo Wild 1/2 and Seijo Trainer 1/2. The same rule applies.

There is also day & night/morning music on some routes. Night/morning music is the same. For instance: Route 49 and Route 61 so far. There will also be nighttime wild battle music. But that is after I change the day theme up to give it a more night feel, such as adding more piano instruments.

All in all I have an expanded music table starting at 0x1000000, So I can add as much as I want since I love Pokemon music haha.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hi Frozen I'm at Pokewood & a Little Girl Stole my badges What do i have to do at Pokewood?
Sorry I missed this! I was just looking back in the thread and found this. The girl stole your badges, so you need to walk around the city and do the events there. First, the Battle Lodge and then go to the hotel.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
hi frozen.. is this a bug.. i'm in future seijo? and i tried using sun stone on my eevee but when it becomes espeon, the game freezes. pls. help me :)
Eevee evolves just fine into Espeon for me. See if evolving it in Taejo would work. Although I doubt it.
1) Are you using VBA-M?
2) Did you start your save file in 3.0?
3) Are you using savestates?
----- Edit 1 -----
Well. I have some good news and bad news. I recently learned about the danger of using some flags. Most noticeably in the 0x300 onward range. I then realized that there would not be enough flags to span into the completion of Seijo. I installed the JPAN Save Block Hack coupled with Jambo51's flag/var hack. This forcefully deletes your current save file no matter what. Trying to bypass this with savestates may turn your game into a glitched mess. Don't try it. It makes sense because it is a save block patch. Only if I knew about this during my beta 2.3 release. I didn't even know how to compile an asm file back then anyways though hahaha.

The good news is that now I'm able to add tons of events for Seijo with ease. Sorry to everybody that you'll all have to restart your games again. Sigh. But I'll make up for it with more events and other added features like day/night route and battle music along with regional music. Also, there will be a slight update in graphics.

I am currently replaying through my entire game up until Powerstone to verify that ALL my current flags and vars work as they should. If there are too many problems. Then I will revert to my backup and continue without the save block patch. After this RC 2 release I don't see anything else that would require a new save file. If anybody would like to beta test this updated version. Let me know! It goes all the way up to Chert Town, the last gym!

----- Edit 2 -----
Starting to mess around with graphics again. Now able to add unique palettes for newly inserted overworlds.
[URL=http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX93/media/PNV%202015/Pokemon%20Normal_01_zpsmigbmbjj.png.html][/URL]

Last edited:
Years
Eevee evolves just fine into Espeon for me. See if evolving it in Taejo would work. Although I doubt it.
1) Are you using VBA-M?
2) Did you start your save file in 3.0?
3) Are you using savestates?
----- Edit 1 -----
Well. I have some good news and bad news. I recently learned about the danger of using some flags. Most noticeably in the 0x300 onward range. I then realized that there would not be enough flags to span into the completion of Seijo. I installed the JPAN Save Block Hack coupled with Jambo51's flag/var hack. This forcefully deletes your current save file no matter what. Trying to bypass this with savestates may turn your game into a glitched mess. Don't try it. It makes sense because it is a save block patch. Only if I knew about this during my beta 2.3 release. I didn't even know how to compile an asm file back then anyways though hahaha.

The good news is that now I'm able to add tons of events for Seijo with ease. Sorry to everybody that you'll all have to restart your games again. Sigh. But I'll make up for it with more events and other added features like day/night route and battle music along with regional music. Also, there will be a slight update in graphics.

I am currently replaying through my entire game up until Powerstone to verify that ALL my current flags and vars work as they should. If there are too many problems. Then I will revert to my backup and continue without the save block patch. After this RC 2 release I don't see anything else that would require a new save file. If anybody would like to beta test this updated version. Let me know! It goes all the way up to Chert Town, the last gym!

----- Edit 2 -----
Starting to mess around with graphics again. Now able to add unique palettes for newly inserted overworlds.
[URL=http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX93/media/PNV%202015/Pokemon%20Normal_01_zpsmigbmbjj.png.html][/URL]

i'm using gameboid in android.. and yes i also use savestate and started playing again at beta 3.0 coz you said that savestates from the previous ver. won't work.. and also. how the hell do i get back in taejo?? LOL :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
i'm using gameboid in android.. and yes i also use savestate and started playing again at beta 3.0 coz you said that savestates from the previous ver. won't work.. and also. how the hell do i get back in taejo?? LOL :D
There may be good news for users that don't use VBA-M. Before I get to that, do NOT use savestates ever or any kind of cheats. You have to realize that when doing that you can miss a key flag or var that will throw the whole sequence of the game into a distorted pulp (especially when updating build versions). Savestates create bugs that are not in the actual release coupled with an emulator that's not VBA-M. Do these other emulators have a save type function and RTC? Also, other emulators besides VBA-M presents random freezing problems. However that may change. I'm switching from PKSV to XSE while updating some scripts. It would be greatly appreciated if anybody can tell me which script froze their emulator so I will know which specific scripts to tackle first. From my experience, PKSV's compiled scripting was very inefficient. XSE is much smoother. Hopefully XSE's complied scripts do not cause other emulators to freeze.

Getting out of Seijo is actually pretty interesting and funny when you realize it. The girl from Pokewood stole your badges... haha. Have you meet Jazzy in the fields yet?

Years
There may be good news for users that don't use VBA-M. Before I get to that, do NOT use savestates ever or any kind of cheats. You have to realize that when doing that you can miss a key flag or var that will throw the whole sequence of the game into a distorted pulp (especially when updating build versions). Savestates create bugs that are not in the actual release coupled with an emulator that's not VBA-M. Do these other emulators have a save type function and RTC? Also, other emulators besides VBA-M presents random freezing problems. However that may change. I'm switching from PKSV to XSE while updating some scripts. It would be greatly appreciated if anybody can tell me which script froze their emulator so I will know which specific scripts to tackle first. From my experience, PKSV's compiled scripting was very inefficient. XSE is much smoother. Hopefully XSE's complied scripts do not cause other emulators to freeze.

but... how will i save my game ?? .. because when I tried to save my game, it tells that its battery has run dry?

Getting out of Seijo is actually pretty interesting and funny when you realize it. The girl from Pokewood stole your badges... haha. Have you meet Jazzy in the fields yet?

actually I'm not in a hurry in getting out of Seijo.. I just want to evolve my Eevee.. but since there's no way I can evolve my Eevee at Seijo.. I will then wait to come back at Taejo..

juzzRizard

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
is it required to use vba-m to play this game? i like the normal vba when playing hacks.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
but... how will i save my game ?? .. because when I tried to save my game, it tells that its battery has run dry?

actually I'm not in a hurry in getting out of Seijo.. I just want to evolve my Eevee.. but since there's no way I can evolve my Eevee at Seijo.. I will then wait to come back at Taejo..
There is a setting in your emulator. There should be, that allows it to choose the Flash 128 save type. Or an option that's automatic. I don't think it's a regional thing that permits Eevee from evolving. You said the game freezes right? That must be an emulator problem then.
is it required to use vba-m to play this game? i like the normal vba when playing hacks.
The regular VBA should work fine as well. I just stated VBA-M because I think it's more recent.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Ahh we have to start over? Well no problem, ill work much faster for the next beta. Better to start fresh than play a glitch fest

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Hi, i seem to be stuck in the route 55 cave. I read the faq & the saw the youtube video, but the Hmmm.. Textbox didn't appear for me (or maybe i missed it). I tried running around the spot, but the Hmmm.. Thingie didn't appear at all, tried a lot lf stuff, i seem to be stuck here. Is there anything else to trigger it that i seem to be missing? I'm playing the latest (3.0 RC1) on gba4ios (ipad)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm on MyBoy for Android, but I couldn't save in-game too… You said it would be possible in the next beta ?
Not for the saving cause I have no control over that. But I can increase the compatibility through scripting. Does that emulator have any options regarding save files? The reason you can't save is due to the setting reading the save as a flash 64. It needs to read it as flash 128. Try using an existing flash 128 save to see if that'll work. Cause your emulator keeps creating flash 64 ones.
Ahh we have to start over? Well no problem, ill work much faster for the next beta. Better to start fresh than play a glitch fest
Unfortunately for RC 2, everybody has too. The memory expansion was needed so I can utilize flags/vars in a designated ram area.
Hi, i seem to be stuck in the route 55 cave. I read the faq & the saw the youtube video, but the Hmmm.. Textbox didn't appear for me (or maybe i missed it). I tried running around the spot, but the Hmmm.. Thingie didn't appear at all, tried a lot lf stuff, i seem to be stuck here. Is there anything else to trigger it that i seem to be missing? I'm playing the latest (3.0 RC1) on gba4ios (ipad)
You have to run around the "Hmmmm script" for like a good minute.
-----Funny Post-----
Inferno finally gets a sprite! Zaquar's chillin' with the bros. Hahaha. This is just a joke pic.

Back