• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
Ah, I have a question about themes' loop : is it possible to make sure that themes don't start over when another replaces them for a short time ? For example, when you're on a road and when a battle start, the road music is replaced by battle music, and when it ends the road music start over… Is there a way to avoid it, just like 4gen games ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2020
I really love your game bro, keep working hard ! T
I have actually some few questions
1# Where is the HM Radiance, I have been looking for it but can't seem to find it
2# How does Eevee evolves to Umbreon ,
3# Where can you find bagon in this game :o?

Thanks alot again!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Ah, I have a question about themes' loop : is it possible to make sure that themes don't start over when another replaces them for a short time ? For example, when you're on a road and when a battle start, the road music is replaced by battle music, and when it ends the road music start over… Is there a way to avoid it, just like 4gen games ?
That's cool. I never noticed that haha. I haven't touched Gen 4 in a while. I'll look into the reseach section to see.
-----Small Updates-----
No more catching Suicune easter eggs hahaha.
The sea water is finally nicely animated.
Trainers now have a respectable amount of EVs and IVs.
More OW sprites are being inserted.

Years
Hey FrozenInferno! Just wanted to say that I'm so impressed by your work. I played through the first release before this build version came out and I loved it. The only thing I can think of to improve the game is to re-color the main character sprite. I think it'd be good to make either the clothes a bit darker, or the skin a bit less of a pasty of a color. The white and blue is a great idea, but it just looks a little plain at the moment. Still though, great game! thanks for being different and bringing a unique experience to us!

juzzRizard

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
the pokeballs have no sprites yet?
is suicune catchable?, i just encountered it in some grass..legendary roar in first turn lol

i guess i'll wait for the next build update..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Help I'm stucked in the cave in route 55.
I runned about 1 hour around the secret switch but nothing happened. It's not possible to run 1 min in a row around the secret switch because I play the game on android and the keys of the gameboy emulator aren't easy to instruct.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey FrozenInferno! Just wanted to say that I'm so impressed by your work. I played through the first release before this build version came out and I loved it. The only thing I can think of to improve the game is to re-color the main character sprite. I think it'd be good to make either the clothes a bit darker, or the skin a bit less of a pasty of a color. The white and blue is a great idea, but it just looks a little plain at the moment. Still though, great game! thanks for being different and bringing a unique experience to us!
Thanks for the support and suggestion! I think the hero sprite do need an update. Here's a work in progress recolor I worked on so far. His new color scheme actually fits in with the story much better.
Like it? Or should I revert back to the blue/white? I also made him one pixel shorter.

Here's a more updated version: I want to change the hair, but not sure to which color. He also have a back pack now.

shall i play the latest version thats on the download list or wait for RC2 to come? thanks
At this point you should wait for RC 2 cause RC 1's save file lost compatibility with RC 2 with the memory expansion patch. Plus RC 2 will be more refined and polished graphically!
the pokeballs have no sprites yet?
is suicune catchable?, i just encountered it in some grass..legendary roar in first turn lol

i guess i'll wait for the next build update..
The Pokeball item graphics are being worked on. I haven't started their sprites yet however.
One of the biggest mysteries of the game lol. It is not supposed to be. As of RC 2, it is no longer catchable lol.

Help I'm stucked in the cave in route 55.
I runned about 1 hour around the secret switch but nothing happened. It's not possible to run 1 min in a row around the secret switch because I play the game on android and the keys of the gameboy emulator aren't easy to instruct.
You have to run around that "hmmm" directly one step away. Run in the path I've shown with the X's.
XXX
XOX
XXX
Looks like you may have to play this part of the game on VBA then resume on your Android.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
hey frozen. looks like eevee is not the only one who's not evolving at seijo.. even riolu won't evolve -_- ..
Try playing your game on VBA to see if it's your emulator or the game itself. Evolution works fine for me. May the bug have something to do with the expanded evolution table?

I really love your game bro, keep working hard ! T
I have actually some few questions
1# Where is the HM Radiance, I have been looking for it but can't seem to find it
2# How does Eevee evolves to Umbreon ,
3# Where can you find bagon in this game :o?

Thanks alot again!
1) Radiance is in Aqualight City, the house in the far north western part where there's a bunch of trees.
2) With the Moon Stone.
3) Bagon is found in Gravesend Town during the evenings.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Here's a more closer look at the final version of the recolor. I also slightly cleaned up the walking animation. I personally like the outcome of this. His color scheme now fits the story. His hat now says "Z" on it. Needs a little more fixing.

Last edited:

juzzRizard

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
i see lol..wasted some pokeballs haha

i guess the next build is near for release? i'll play it when it's released then. wouldn't want to start again haha

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2017
Hi, i'm on mobile and i don't think i have access to UPS patcher. Is it possible to download the patched rom somewhere?

Years
Here's a more closer look at the final version of the recolor. I also slightly cleaned up the walking animation. I personally like the outcome of this. His color scheme now fits the story. His hat now says "Z" on it. Needs a little more fixing.

I think that the re-coloring looks really good! It's nowhere as plain as the old sprite! The last thing I will comment on is the view of the sprite while it is facing down. The side view of the sprites are perfect, but the design of the hair as viewed from the front makes him look like an old man. What I mean by that is that it seems as if his hair is grown in on the sides but he's bald on the top like an old man. You're still the final judge, this is all just my opinion. The first hair color really made him look old haha. Still though, the amount of improvement is amazing! Nice work! ^^

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
i see lol..wasted some pokeballs haha

i guess the next build is near for release? i'll play it when it's released then. wouldn't want to start again haha
RC 2 will definitely be out before the end of August, before I head to college. I've been hacking like a maniac for the last few weeks haha.
Hi, i'm on mobile and i don't think i have access to UPS patcher. Is it possible to download the patched rom somewhere?
This is not possible. That would be a violation of rules and policy.
hey bro frozen .. even in vba-m i can't use the in-game save ?? what now ??? lol
Are your settings adjusted to Flash 128 and RTC. That has to work bro.
I think that the re-coloring looks really good! It's nowhere as plain as the old sprite! The last thing I will comment on is the view of the sprite while it is facing down. The side view of the sprites are perfect, but the design of the hair as viewed from the front makes him look like an old man. What I mean by that is that it seems as if his hair is grown in on the sides but he's bald on the top like an old man. You're still the final judge, this is all just my opinion. The first hair color really made him look old haha. Still though, the amount of improvement is amazing! Nice work! ^^
Yeahhh! Haha. I knew something was a little off about the front view, but I couldn't figure it out lol. Here's the final version of it. Hopefully the recoloring made him look less of an old man haha. Since it's a 16x8 sprite, it's hard to see the updates on it!

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
so RC1 and RC 2 has lot of differences? if not many then i will play RC1 now, and then later wait for whatever comes after RC2, but if lot of differences i will wait for RC2

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I'm stuck man. I'm reslly stuck in that route 55 cave. There is no Hmmm.. Text message (I thought i saw it but it never came) i followed the youtube video and ran 50-60 circles for 5 mins and it didn't work. No Hmmm message, no nothing. I'm stuck. :|

Back