• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
Hello, I just finished playing the newest beta and I have to say that my feelings about this game are somehow mixed.

At first, I have to praise some things that I have never seen in any pokemon game before. This hack has some real-life feeling (I'm speaking about many dialogues, death people, police, poisoning the trees, etc.), which alone is very interesting feature and I like it. Also creating of the "back door" in many buildings was definitely nice.
Creating the new moves and implementing the fairy type into the game was also interesting to see, but in some situations I was really confused wondering which move is super-effective against me and which is not. But, at least it wasn't just Tackles and Scratches all the time in first few hours of playing.
The game was also kinda challenging in some situations, considering that starters evolves later than usual (and I had all three in my starting 6) and I also had to level-up the weak Eevee, who hasn't learnt any viable move until I evolved him.
Also I have to praise your work in making consistency in advancing the plot (when majority of the areas unlocks only after doing every quest available before), but on the other side, the player has to return to some places over and over (for example the dark cave, I don't remember the name, but I crossed it several dozen times until I found out what to do around) and after some time it starts to be a little bit annoying. Yes, I understand that you wanted to force the players to think what to do next and where they had already been and where to go next, but sometimes it was too much, especially when I played the game after I had a lot of work that day and my brain was partially turned off.

In short:
+ scripting
+ game consistency
+ interesting story
+ two regions and crossing between them
+ characters (the main character is a real badass, but I felt sorry for Jazzy, she was cute)
+ real-life feeling
+ some areas looks awesome

- returning to some areas over and over
- empty, uncrossable space on some maps (but considering that the game is not finished yet, I can see that it has a reason and something will be added there)
- some pokemon have moves that doesn't make sense (Dragonite with Coin Toss or something like that? wtf?)

Overall, I would say that this hack WAS worth a time and it has a potential to become one of the best. I can't wait for the next release.
I wish you good luck with your work.

Years
By the way I noticed that during story events, all characters except the hero can't walk normally… They slide… Is it unfixable ? Thats creepy x)

Edit : ah, I'm thinking about your enhanced type chart : why poison is effective against steel ? I think Gamefreak's logic was perfect here, you can't poisoning something that doesn't live… but thats perfect making it effective against water, maybe it would be even better against bug too but… bugs has too many weaknesses, even though I just don't understand why ROCK is super effective ? Fighting wouldn't've been better ?

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'Il reply to everybody's post when I get back on my laptop. It's impossible to do on my phone. BUT for the time being, Pickup ability is BROKEN! The cursed aura is going to be a future evolutionary stone. And thanks for the suggestions about the type chart. I'll update it accordingly. It takes about 3 seconds of a simple hex edit, haha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I loaded my old save and I got to Pokewood. Now I can't enter that building that the gang is in. I'm stuck. Please don't tell me that I have to start all over with a new save due to consequences of using save states!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 6, 2021
hi i have a question i've been trying to solve the puzzle of route 55 bridge st. can anybody help me? idk help me to solve it or i can just send somebody my saved file just for that part or something like that?
sorry for my bad english, and thanks by the way.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
i am at the part where joe is busy doing his nature call.
i had to battle sara in the meantime but battle just wont start it freezes at start everytime.
is this end of beta or this is a bug.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Ah, I like the idea ! (and two regions means twice as many wonderful themes :D) Bravo, keep it up !

Edit : waouh waouh I already said it but I just LOVE your selection of themes from multiple generations, I'm in Pokewood city and it's just awesome, thats the first reason why your hack is one of my two favorites (Sinnoh Legacy does pretty much the same thing with musics, thats why I love it too (and sinnoh is the best region, so xD))
Thanks! Unlike GSC with its second region, it was very depleted and dry. It didn't really feel like a new region. I was always a fan of a two region game, but Game Freak never really improved off of GSC.
Hello, I just finished playing the newest beta and I have to say that my feelings about this game are somehow mixed.

At first, I have to praise some things that I have never seen in any pokemon game before. This hack has some real-life feeling (I'm speaking about many dialogues, death people, police, poisoning the trees, etc.), which alone is very interesting feature and I like it. Also creating of the "back door" in many buildings was definitely nice.
Creating the new moves and implementing the fairy type into the game was also interesting to see, but in some situations I was really confused wondering which move is super-effective against me and which is not. But, at least it wasn't just Tackles and Scratches all the time in first few hours of playing.
The game was also kinda challenging in some situations, considering that starters evolves later than usual (and I had all three in my starting 6) and I also had to level-up the weak Eevee, who hasn't learnt any viable move until I evolved him.
Also I have to praise your work in making consistency in advancing the plot (when majority of the areas unlocks only after doing every quest available before), but on the other side, the player has to return to some places over and over (for example the dark cave, I don't remember the name, but I crossed it several dozen times until I found out what to do around) and after some time it starts to be a little bit annoying. Yes, I understand that you wanted to force the players to think what to do next and where they had already been and where to go next, but sometimes it was too much, especially when I played the game after I had a lot of work that day and my brain was partially turned off.

In short:
+ scripting
+ game consistency
+ interesting story
+ two regions and crossing between them
+ characters (the main character is a real badass, but I felt sorry for Jazzy, she was cute)
+ real-life feeling
+ some areas looks awesome

- returning to some areas over and over
- empty, uncrossable space on some maps (but considering that the game is not finished yet, I can see that it has a reason and something will be added there)
- some pokemon have moves that doesn't make sense (Dragonite with Coin Toss or something like that? wtf?)

Overall, I would say that this hack WAS worth a time and it has a potential to become one of the best. I can't wait for the next release.
I wish you good luck with your work.
I bolded the part of your post to address it. I agree that there may be some moves that seem out of place on some Pokemon. I'll update their movesets. Those empty uncrossable areas are the result of incomplete beta work. In RC 2, Taejo will be 100% mapped out. I can see why returning to some areas may get annoying at times and I may have overdone the backtracking a lot. However, that was my intent for Taejo. Seijo will have a more Hoenn feeling to it, the opposite of Taejo, less backtracking.
By the way I noticed that during story events, all characters except the hero can't walk normally… They slide… Is it unfixable ? Thats creepy x)

Edit : ah, I'm thinking about your enhanced type chart : why poison is effective against steel ? I think Gamefreak's logic was perfect here, you can't poisoning something that doesn't live… but thats perfect making it effective against water, maybe it would be even better against bug too but… bugs has too many weaknesses, even though I just don't understand why ROCK is super effective ? Fighting wouldn't've been better ?
It's fixable. That deals with the graphical part of the game. Right now I'm more focused on mapping out the rest of the region, then I'll deal with the graphics. And I agree with you on my type effectiveness selection. I made some over thinking flaws. I'll fix these up in RC 2.
Ah yes x) sometimes I picked very cool items and I though it was because the Minccino was special. Thanks for considering those suggestions too :B
Don't try to use them though! It's blank data at the moment! I will have to change its ability haha.
I loaded my old save and I got to Pokewood. Now I can't enter that building that the gang is in. I'm stuck. Please don't tell me that I have to start all over with a new save due to consequences of using save states!
Beta's 2.3 and 3.0 saves were never compatible. It says so on the front page. The reason being is that I had to change up some flags of the early portions of the game.
hi i have a question i've been trying to solve the puzzle of route 55 bridge st. can anybody help me? idk help me to solve it or i can just send somebody my saved file just for that part or something like that?
sorry for my bad english, and thanks by the way.
I probably answered this over 9000 times. Lmao. Check the front page. The Online FAQ will help you.
i am at the part where joe is busy doing his nature call.
i had to battle sara in the meantime but battle just wont start it freezes at start everytime.
is this end of beta or this is a bug.
That freezing error occurs on non traditional emulators (for this game) cause I have tested it myself. You need to play this game with VBA on the PC.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hi, i found strange bug - on lvl40 my charmeleon evolved into... bulbasaur XD

P.S. very cool hack :)
That is funny! This have been fixed immediately when it was first reported. Will be in RC 2.

Small Update: Here is an early development shot of the last pre-league town Chert Town. It's a very huge island. DP font is also now in the game. That black thing you see is just the flying sprite, not a glitch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
Btw, sometimes on android appear glitches, when i enter to location unlocked after placed shards in temple, in 3nd chamber earth quaked, but door don't appear and the hero only say "hm..." - i solved this with wall walking code, i back to previous chamber end re-enter, i try this few times, but finally it work.
I think this and other, similiar glitches occured only on android emulator.

p.s sorry for my english ;p

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Btw, sometimes on android appear glitches, when i enter to location unlocked after placed shards in temple, in 3nd chamber earth quaked, but door don't appear and the hero only say "hm..." - i solved this with wall walking code, i back to previous chamber end re-enter, i try this few times, but finally it work.
I think this and other, similiar glitches occured only on android emulator.

p.s sorry for my english ;p

Looool

Ok, Its not a Glitch so don't worry about it. This has been answered many times before. So just check around. There is also Links that can help on the First page.

About what you're experiencing, you're supposed to run around that Switch that causes your character to say "Hm...". If you run around it and not go too far away from the switch, and pres the switch after a few minutes the door should open. Just run around in that area.

Using codes is never the way to work around a problem, there is always a solution. And with a hack like this Wall Walking might not always make it better.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
In fact Wall Walking will make things worse. You may skip a designed flag that should have been activated or other scripts which then will screw up everything else in logical order. Don't use cheat codes and the likes. You'll most likely have to restart your save file if you use cheat codes. And guys! There is a FAQ that will answer most of your stuck scenarios in one second. I made it for a reason!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Hey there Pokemon Community, my name is Jameo and at first i would like to shamelessly Plug my YouTube Channel "/user/TheHybridMonk" as i am currently let's playing the current Beta of this game with my own Locke Rules. So be sure to check it out. Any Feedback on that is warmly welcome. you can Reach me through the Comment Section and on Twitter. Link to that is in the Video description. But enough of the plugging.

My actual question is: How long does the Day Night Cycle last because as i am playing it right now it is pretty dark. There must be a time for it right or am i having a problem with the Hack?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
I have a questions about evolutions changes.
How evolves metang, riolu, larvitar, zweilous?
Thx.

P.s. Nakasu, i don't speak english good, so i don't read all of them :)

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey there Pokemon Community, my name is Jameo and at first i would like to shamelessly Plug my YouTube Channel "/user/TheHybridMonk" as i am currently let's playing the current Beta of this game with my own Locke Rules. So be sure to check it out. Any Feedback on that is warmly welcome. you can Reach me through the Comment Section and on Twitter. Link to that is in the Video description. But enough of the plugging.

My actual question is: How long does the Day Night Cycle last because as i am playing it right now it is pretty dark. There must be a time for it right or am i having a problem with the Hack?
The game uses the real time displayed on your laptop. Any other device besides a laptop may cause problems.
I have a questions about evolutions changes.
How evolves metang, riolu, larvitar, zweilous?
Thx.

P.s. Nakasu, i don't speak english good, so i don't read all of them :)
I'm still in the process of finalizing their evolution methods, but so far Metang evolves at lvl 53 with it's attack stat being more than its defense stat, Riolu (friendship during night), Larvitar (level 27), and Zweilous (level 64). These levels are high for a reason. They are also found in the wild at later portions of the game.

Back