• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2017
    I really love the storyline so far. I have one little question though, and that is if there is togekiss as a final evolution for togepi. I'd really like to know.
    But even I can tell I'll have fun playing this hack :)
    Edit 1 : Um... I dunno if it's the same for you guys, but in my normal version game, grass type moves are super effective against electrik, and I know it normally isn't... Oh well.
    Edit 2 : My charmander still hasn't evolved at lvl 18... Is there something to do to unlock evolutions or is there another reason ... ?
    Edit 3 : I raised a squirtle upto the same level and it's the same as charmander. Budew evolved just fine though through happiness. I'd really like someone to enlighten me right now... I'm playing on VBA emulator with Flash 128K and RTC. The evolutions seem to be the only problem as I have no other glitches.
    On a side note, my squirtle is now at lvl 20. Still no sign of evolution. Weird.
    There're also quite a few typing errors. I've picked grass SE against electrik, flying SE against fire, and ghost attacks are neutral against dark type pokemon.
    Then there's my roselia. In the pokedex, the base stats are shown. It doesn't exactly match the stats it should have. The question is : is it intended ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Hey sorry you may have answered this already but I can't find the answer...after the night time event and after you read tizzles diary and all roads are still blocked. trees need a special person to cut down or guards won't let me past.what do I do? Or do i just not have the next beta I need to continue? Also how would I go about getting any new betas I use john GBA emulator and can't find any free Roms to download

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Very good game!I hope to see its final version soon.However I cannot save?using savestates suck as I want the real feel a GB so help ?what us the cartridge type?
    I answered this plenty of times. I may need to put a notice in the download section to let all future players know: If your emulator (not named VBA) cannot support flash 128 AND RTC, then this game will not function.
    How do I get through route 56 desert, do I need something to go though the desert
    Yes you do. You need four badges. I'm pretty sure you talked to the elderly man that tells you exactly what you need.
    OK dear anyone who can help me, I have no idea what I'm doing here but I just became a member 2 seconds ago I don't know anything about how to operate all this stuff from my phone but I'm trying...I've started this hack for normal version and I love it so far but I just can't seem to figure out what to do after the first gym leader and the cut scenes from spliff talking to the gaurd I've tried everything talked to everyone waited for night time and everything and nothing happens someone please tell me step by step how to get to the second gym or any other routes unblocked so I can proceed in this awesome hack please!!!
    I'll copy and paste what I just told the other member: I answered this plenty of times. I may need to put a notice in the download section to let all future players know: If your emulator (not named VBA) cannot support flash 128 AND RTC, then this game will not function.
    hi great hack.
    quick question how do you get day/night to work. its seems to be always stuck on day time for me so cant get the joey event in silversky forest to happen. real time clock is ticked in vba.
    The in game clock uses the exact time stated on your computer. If RTC is enabled, it should indeed work. Hmmm, explain your situation a bit more?
    I really love the storyline so far. I have one little question though, and that is if there is togekiss as a final evolution for togepi. I'd really like to know.
    But even I can tell I'll have fun playing this hack :)
    Edit 1 : Um... I dunno if it's the same for you guys, but in my normal version game, grass type moves are super effective against electrik, and I know it normally isn't... Oh well.
    Edit 2 : My charmander still hasn't evolved at lvl 18... Is there something to do to unlock evolutions or is there another reason ... ?
    Edit 3 : I raised a squirtle upto the same level and it's the same as charmander. Budew evolved just fine though through happiness. I'd really like someone to enlighten me right now... I'm playing on VBA emulator with Flash 128K and RTC. The evolutions seem to be the only problem as I have no other glitches.
    On a side note, my squirtle is now at lvl 20. Still no sign of evolution. Weird.
    There're also quite a few typing errors. I've picked grass SE against electrik, flying SE against fire, and ghost attacks are neutral against dark type pokemon.
    Then there's my roselia. In the pokedex, the base stats are shown. It doesn't exactly match the stats it should have. The question is : is it intended ?
    RC 1's stats and type effectiveness have been fixed up and is much more smoother. A made a couple of hex edits that kinda made some types neutral on others by accident. However. There are types that have been intended to be super effective on some others... looks like you didn't read the first page... read this, but it has been updated for RC 2: Please read all of them. They are all on the front page.
    The Online FAQ Board
    BasicPlayGuide
    Ultimate ZX Trilogy
    Hey sorry you may have answered this already but I can't find the answer...after the night time event and after you read tizzles diary and all roads are still blocked. trees need a special person to cut down or guards won't let me past.what do I do? Or do i just not have the next beta I need to continue? Also how would I go about getting any new betas I use john GBA emulator and can't find any free Roms to download
    Lola's gym should be open now. Defeat her first.
    -----Updates-----

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Somewhere in tusturf tunnel there are these two rocket members talking about how excited they are for some ceremony is that some event that I'll get to later or is it a glitch also in the same spot of the tunnel there are white switches everywhere but they don't do anything so I assume its a later event but wanted to make sure its no glitch

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Also just wanted to say thank you for responding so quickly and for being so helpful..its so cool how you make hacks like this.I wish I knew how to do all these things..I love hacks because its a completely new way to experience the old Pokemon games I grew up with so thank you frozeninfernoZX

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    Quote originally posted by FrozenInfernoZX:The in game clock uses the exact time stated on your computer. If RTC is enabled, it should indeed work. Hmmm, explain your situation a bit more?

i changed save type from automatic to flash and it seemed to do the trick.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2017
    RC 1's stats and type effectiveness have been fixed up and is much more smoother. A made a couple of hex edits that kinda made some types neutral on others by accident. However. There are types that have been intended to be super effective on some others... looks like you didn't read the first page... read this, but it has been updated for RC 2: Please read all of them. They are all on the front page.

Okay, I do admit I didn't read those files as I didn't have a dropbox account, and I really am not so keen on using that. One last question though, does the grooming girl increases beauty ?

Edit : It's been a while since I'm in Pokewood city with no idea what to do. I did the thing with the girls poisoning a berry tree, I've talked to everyone in the city and yet there's nothing you can do. There are college students making a ruckus in a hotel but I can't get in there because a cop is blocking the way... The guy in Youtube doesn't have that cop there...

Last edited:

Wayne18

ACE Trainer
    Years
  • Okay, I do admit I didn't read those files as I didn't have a dropbox account, and I really am not so keen on using that. One last question though, does the grooming girl increases beauty ?

Edit : It's been a while since I'm in Pokewood city with no idea what to do. I did the thing with the girls poisoning a berry tree, I've talked to everyone in the city and yet there's nothing you can do. There are college students making a ruckus in a hotel but I can't get in there because a cop is blocking the way... The guy in Youtube doesn't have that cop there...

You have to win the battle arena 1 then go back to the hotel
    The battle arena is three buildings down from left of the pokemon center

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Are these new updates or betas available for android phones? If so what emulator do I need? in as plane terms as possible please I don't under stand patches and stuff yet I'm self taught haha

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2015
    Like other people have been in this thread i'm stuck in the cave with the tremors. Read the FAQ guide and other people's responses and have run around the switch for over a minute but to no avail. Thought my game was bugging out so I let my team die to the Gastlys and tried from scratch but still no luck. This is realling bugging me out, this hack is really good so far but i cannot for the life of me get through this puzzle. Any help would be appreciated :s

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Lola's gym is still not open is there another step I may have missed?
    Did you do the nighttime event? Once that event is cleared, the gym opens up.
    Somewhere in tusturf tunnel there are these two rocket members talking about how excited they are for some ceremony is that some event that I'll get to later or is it a glitch also in the same spot of the tunnel there are white switches everywhere but they don't do anything so I assume its a later event but wanted to make sure its no glitch
    Those things were just decors. I'll add a generic script in RC 2 that states that they don't work, something along those lines. Those Rocket members disappear when you get access to Pokewood later on in the game.
    Okay, I do admit I didn't read those files as I didn't have a dropbox account, and I really am not so keen on using that. One last question though, does the grooming girl increases beauty ?

You don't need a dropbox account to read them. And yeah, the grooming girl increases beauty, sometimes once a day depending on how she is feeling. Roselia evolves with max beauty in this game for example.
    Are these new updates or betas available for android phones? If so what emulator do I need? in as plane terms as possible please I don't under stand patches and stuff yet I'm self taught haha
    The best performance is VBA for PC, as for other emulators, there is only so much support I can do since I don't have them. From my experience, those emulators are not as good as VBA (using my PSP GBA emulator for example).
    Like other people have been in this thread i'm stuck in the cave with the tremors. Read the FAQ guide and other people's responses and have run around the switch for over a minute but to no avail. Thought my game was bugging out so I let my team die to the Gastlys and tried from scratch but still no luck. This is realling bugging me out, this hack is really good so far but i cannot for the life of me get through this puzzle. Any help would be appreciated :s
    You have to run directly around that block. Like this. The Xs marks the path you should run around. It takes around 200 steps. The stepcount reads 200 steps must be taken.
    XXX
    XBX
    XXX
    -----Updates-----
    I decided to add a Safari Zone with a little twist, so that has been taking up some time since I needed make a massive map for it haha. There will be two modes: Free Roam and Super Mode. Super Mode allows you to catch the Pokemon traditionally like in Fire Red. Free Roam allows you to explore the entire Safari by not having a 500 step count at hand. However, the wild Pokemon will revert to the generic regional rodents.

I'm still in the process of lower casing text strings. Also screenshots on the front page are all outdated due to the new hero recoloring.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I really am enjoying this hack––great attention to detail, and wonderfully designed, but...

There's a difference between a difficult puzzle, and a puzzle with absolutely no hints at all. The game feels like the latter. There are ABSOLUTELY no relevant hints to where I should go next, and the ones that are there are extremely vague. I understand you're trying to contribute to a non-linear game style, which is very commendable, but that also requires some better cryptic scripting towards hints. I hope you understand what I meant there––as in, not "on the nose" hints, but better hints that slightly suggest where to go.

Also, I have to keep searching for keywords in this thread to know where I am going. And I am very used to difficult RPGs that try to follow the style you're aiming for. But, really, you need to add better hints, kind of like mysteries...cuz there are little to no hints as it currently stands.

Those are just my two cents. :)

Now, speaking of being lost...

I defeated four gym leaders, no idea where to go. I have four shards. I have Smash, Cut, and Radiance. From my search in this thread, I understood two entirely different things:
    A) I have to go through the desert, but the guy who is supposed to give me the goggles isn't giving me them
    Or...
    B) Some battle in Murk Cave then Seaview with Tizzle then the Youngster. But, how on Earth do I get there?

Super duper lost.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I really am enjoying this hack––great attention to detail, and wonderfully designed, but...

There's a difference between a difficult puzzle, and a puzzle with absolutely no hints at all. The game feels like the latter. There are ABSOLUTELY no relevant hints to where I should go next, and the ones that are there are extremely vague. I understand you're trying to contribute to a non-linear game style, which is very commendable, but that also requires some better cryptic scripting towards hints. I hope you understand what I meant there––as in, not "on the nose" hints, but better hints that slightly suggest where to go.

Also, I have to keep searching for keywords in this thread to know where I am going. And I am very used to difficult RPGs that try to follow the style you're aiming for. But, really, you need to add better hints, kind of like mysteries...cuz there are little to no hints as it currently stands.

Those are just my two cents. :)

Now, speaking of being lost...

I defeated four gym leaders, no idea where to go. I have four shards. I have Smash, Cut, and Radiance. From my search in this thread, I understood two entirely different things:
    A) I have to go through the desert, but the guy who is supposed to give me the goggles isn't giving me them
    Or...
    B) Some battle in Murk Cave then Seaview with Tizzle then the Youngster. But, how on Earth do I get there?

Super duper lost.
    I fully agree with you. Thanks for the support and feedback! The Navigator key item was doing a good job, but then I made it stop working when the earthquake knocked out its signal towers. I'll just make the Navigator continue to work after the earthquake.

As for your situation, go to Ignite Temple and place the four shards. Then a secret cave opens up on Route 55 where that "guy that likes sniffing trees" is.
    -----Edit 1-----

And sorry, I didn't see your other questions from before. Togekiss is available as an unlocked evolution in the Seijo Dex (post Taejo).

Hmmm. I'll look into Roselia's stats and make sure it matches up. Thanks for the look out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Finished the hack. :) Truly wonderful. Didn't want it to end.

I appreciate your brilliant effort, and furthermore your appreciation of my feedback. Not a lot of people are as accepting as you are of criticism. It's a great trait––keeps you moving forward.

I have to emphasize again...amazing attention to aesthetic details, moreso than any other hack I have played. The music, the colors, the tiles, all of the aesthetics work cohesively together. It's just the lack of hints that was frustrating.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2020
    I can't get it to work, but it seems like a great game nonetheless. When do you think you'll be able to release the next update? Or maybe even complete the game?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I can't get it to work, but it seems like a great game nonetheless. When do you think you'll be able to release the next update? Or maybe even complete the game?
    The next update will be out soon. Hopefully middle September. It'll be pretty much a full region game with some post league content and tons of fixed/improved things from RC 1. Most noticeably, hints. I just don't want to rush a release and its not at the level I want it to be. I'll be done with scripting and mapping everything very soon. Most of the time will be towards graphical things, like updating the titlescreen, overworld graphics, and troubleshooting some minor bugs I found, etc.

As for the whole game, I'm aiming for 5 beta releases. Beta 4 should be released before the end of the year since I have everything in place from beta 3. I'll release a pre RC 2 version for my beta testers very soon. Here's some random updated screenshots: The grammar error has been fixed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2020
    The next update will be out soon. Hopefully middle September. It'll be pretty much a full region game with some post league content and tons of fixed/improved things from RC 1. Most noticeably, hints. I just don't want to rush a release and its not at the level I want it to be. I'll be done with scripting and mapping everything very soon. Most of the time will be towards graphical things, like updating the titlescreen, overworld graphics, and troubleshooting some minor bugs I found, etc.

As for the whole game, I'm aiming for 5 beta releases. Beta 4 should be released before the end of the year since I have everything in place from beta 3. I'll release a pre RC 2 version for my beta testers very soon. Here's some random updated screenshots: The grammar error has been fixed.

That's great. Thanks for the reply.

And yeah, I'd rather that you didn't rush it as well. Besides, I honestly don't mind waiting for something that looks this good. Take your time and keep up the good work man.

Years
  • Sorry but can i have some questions?
    -Can you change the font? I can't see them all because I only see half of the words and they look so small.
    -This hack is completed? Reason is above, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Did this game actually won an award or price? Considering how good it actually is, it should have definitely won something. Pokémon Glazed wasn't also the most perfect ever made and received the Hack of the Year award... Will definitely nominate it for some categories if there was another price/award for a game. Mapping-wise it's really good.

Back