• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
  • @Silent_Storm Just wait and see ^^(btw Ice storm has it too)

FireRed runs on a Circuit Board, Emerald runs on an Internal Clock, also add to the fact that there is no day and night coding in FireRed, for someone to add day and night they would need to recode FireRed completly so it runs on an internal clock so night time can trigger at certain times of the day (they did this with Gold and Silver because that also runs on an internal clock)

FireRed has no clock in it, also the only thing that comes remotely close to day and night would be that dark forest weather condition, and trying to implement day and night in FireRed would be next to nearly impossible cause of no internal clock. I don't see why people think it is possible in FireRed, if it was, someone would have already figure it out by now, face it, day and night events in FireRed wouldn't be possible.

It is very possible in emerald, not so in FR.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Let's answer a bit... :)

Wow! I'm really impressed! This is looking great!
    [...]
    Anyways, good luck with this!

Thanks! :)

Can I also ask where did you get the text in the banner that says Versione OroSole?

Only if you tell me what did you use for the "Scarlet Version" one :P

Wow... Another gold remake... I'm starting to think that the 10 people or so who are trying to make one should join to make an the ultimate remake.
    [...]
    A question: what's the frequency of the berries? How long they take to grow?
    Good luck!

Actually, together with my group, I'm making it. I'm not just trying.
    The berries grow in few minutes. The grow time is based on the player's steps.

Well, even though it may sound a bit short right now, with the next releases I may start getting more interested about playing it.

Probably you'll need to work a bit more on the maps, because it's not like every single part of the map must look as it was in the original (because, let's face it, some of Gold's maps look a bit empty if you follow their exact structure)

Oh well, as I used to say "Good luck Gold Remaker!" though this time it should be something like "Good luck Gold Remaking Team!" ;)

Well, first of all thanks :)
    Regarding the maps, as you can see, I didn't follow their exact structure. I just made them very close to the original but not really exact.

Good Luck to you all. I do not speak Italian though. I am seeing more and more GSC remakes. If I personally wanted an exact remake i would load in my silver cart. [...]

I'm not making an exact remake. I never used the world "exact" at all in the first post. It's just accurate and if you don't like Oro Sole you aren't forced to play it.

well, I think that sorta defeats the purpose. as I understand it, he wants to make this EXACTLY like gold.
    [...]

Nope, you're wrong.

Pokémon Oro Sole
    Nice!
    Pokémon Oro Sole
    Another second generation remake!
    Pokémon Oro Sole
    Good luck with this hack project!
    Pokémon Oro Sole
    Everything seems good so far! Keep it up!

Thank you :)

This is so great Andrea!
    I am sure that with all your hardcore knowledge it will result in a pretty profesional hack.

Well, to play this beta took me very few time, but now you have done the basic work so the developing process will be faster and longer betas will come.

Hola Sergio! Muchisimas gracias! ^_^
    ----
    Hello Segio! Thank you very much! ^_^

For now one word shall be good enough to be said impressive, and goodluck with your hack "- HackMew -" and I hope you get around the features just like in G/S/C :)

Looks very good.
    Cant wait for more updates.
    Keep it up HackMew

Thank you too ;)

Wow! This is awsome! It's from HackMew and his Ultimate Team!! This is hack is great guys, I love it! I hope it will be translated someday.. but I dont mind.

Great Job & Good Luck!!

Glad to see you like it :D

Yay! An exact replica of Gold and Silver!

Hey, it won't be exact! Just better :P

Hey, looks good to me! Good luck!

[...]
    It is very possible in emerald, not so in FR.

I'm sure you'll change your mind about that once you'll see the Day/Night fully implemented on Oro Sole :)

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Well I am waiting to see it implemented in FR, but I have doubts cause of what FR runs on, but I won't bring your hopes down, good luck implementing it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Oh, and for all those people asking for an English translation I think you just missed this part on the Technical Data section:

NOTE: if the interest will be enough, I could think about translating the hack into English.

I haven't decided yet since I'm a bit unsure. But just keep giving good feedback and it's most likely I will translate Oro Sole in English :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    This looks amazing but I wont play it unless its in english XD

sorry XD

I would be more inthusiastic (SP) but I am in seering (SP) pain right now

Years
  • Ohh wow, this hack looks really good so far! Yay for GS remakes ^o^
    Ohh, can't wait to see the night/day thing on it ;3 And nice screenshots, the graphics look really great! 8D
    Please do an English translation, but I will try to play it in Italian if there won't be one ^o^
    But yeah, I there's interest from me for a translation, and probably a lot of other people. xP

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    @thethethethe: Shiny Gold sure has competition ^^

@Andrea will there be a translation now? :P
    I can help you if you want

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Few days ago I took my final decision: Oro Sole will be translated in English.
    Now, since I'll continue working on the beta too you have to wait patiently. Stay tuned! :)

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    It's good to see it being translated, most of the people that reguarly view Pokemon Hacks would agree on that decision.

Are you planning on changing some major tiles in the game?
    All I can tell so far is the waters changed, though it looks nice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    kekkarina :P c ho appena giocato spero di vedere il lavoro procedere :) cmq secondo me nn andrebbe fatto così aderente all'originale... leva molto alla godibilità!

reported bugs... niente d ke, solo una cosa strana: le varie porte, se nn entri nel tile di fronte alla porta da sotto ma da destra o da sinistra, l'animazione della porta nn avviene. nn so se è kiaro... è buffo, niente d +

EDIT: *trying to translate:

how nice :P i'v just played it i hope it will keep going on :) btw imho u shouldn't be too similar to the original... it suffers in enjoyment (XD horrible)

reported bugs... nothing relevant, just an oddity: the various doors (houses, mart, PC), if u enter in the tile in front of 'em not from the lower one but from the right or from the left then turn into the door, the animation doesn't work. just curious, not really a bug*

Last edited:

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • reported bugs... nothing relevant, just an oddity: the various doors (houses, mart, PC), if u enter in the tile in front of 'em not from the lower one but from the right or from the left then turn into the door, the animation doesn't work. just curious, not really a bug*
    How can you use in door by the sides?
    I suppose you are meaning with walkthroughwalls, well.
    Anyway there isn't bug: the door animation only run if you enter in the house by the frontal.

~stock23~

Crystall Remaker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Oh well^^ Ive made an remake to^^ But yours is very cool^^ Ide like the grafics and maps^^

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Man, if both this and Shiny Gold were mass produced by Nintendo, then I'd get this one!

Pokemon Oro Sole FTW!
    What do you mean by "mass produced by Nintendo"?
    Anyways, good luck on the hack, and is there any possible way I can help out? Spriting? Scripting? Mapping? Advertisements?

Anyways, good luck on the hack, Hackmew!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back