• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
  • Yea, the screens that The Master chose would be my choice, too. More like because I consider that the other three DIDN'T involve ASM.

Oh well, the sprite seems indeed better, despite having only one pixel chsnged.

*points* the text below the Ho-oh tittlescreen is off the CSS.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • Lemme take a guess:
    screenie1.png
    screenie3.png
    screenie4.png

The first one: Obviously ASM.
    The second one: I'm pretty sure that ASM was used to make PRESENTS show up at the bottom.
    The third one: None of the others seem ASM related, so I'm choosing this one.

What happens to the winner? What do they get? XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The "new" sprite still looks kinda ugly/choppy compared to official standards, but really, it's acceptable. I mean, that custom sprite looks loads better than some other ones I've seen.

Particularly, the hat shading is pretty bad, and the face just looks weird. I'm typing on a mac right now, so I can't explain exactly without MSPaint...

Also can we hear the remade music you got? Because to be honest, the ones you have on the first post sound terrible, they sound like they only have 2 channels (okay, the New Bark and Route 29 music actually sound fine but the others are crap).

Last edited:

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • I forgot to ask. Will there be a pokegear implemented? I think it would be swell if so, but if not, I dont really mind. Oh, and I hope you dont mind, but I took a crack at fixing up the head of Gold, and I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

screenie5.png

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Oh dear me...how could my eye miss this spectacular marvelous hack...it makes me want to cry...to see the most talented rom hacker on this forum produce such a hack to us...its a dream come true. I so wish I had your abilities so my Yellow hack can just be as outstanding as this. I do hope you complete this, and maybe...maybe you can remake Ruby on Firered one day that would be sweet too.

But I love everything my two eyes saw here this hack is just...TOO MUCH!!!

I can't wait to see more screenies of this spectacular hack!

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Oh dear me...how could my eye miss this spectacular marvelous hack...it makes me want to cry...to see the most talented rom hacker on this forum produce such a hack to us...its a dream come true. I so wish I had your abilities so my Yellow hack can just be as outstanding as this. I do hope you complete this, and maybe...maybe you can remake Ruby on Firered one day that would be sweet too.

That is all 120% True that's what i think of this hack :3

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • And the good thing about it is that it will be purely like the original's but with all of GBA's awesomeness. I love it can't wait till the whole projects completed of course Im sure it will be a couple years :(

Oh well....but I do wonder why the name is Oro Sole...what does that mean?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • And the good thing about it is that it will be purely like the original's but with all of GBA's awesomeness. I love it can't wait till the whole projects completed of course Im sure it will be a couple years :(

If I remember correctly it's Italian for "Gold Sun".

NatureKeeper

Comment on warning screen: Yeah, not GBA cartidge, maybe DS Card.

Oh well, at least I'll create Luminous Crystal when yellow's done, since you are the one trying to break Zel's record. My futurely-planned Luminous Gold's out.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    The "new" sprite still looks kinda ugly/choppy compared to official standards, but really, it's acceptable. I mean, that custom sprite looks loads better than some other ones I've seen.

Particularly, the hat shading is pretty bad, and the face just looks weird. I'm typing on a mac right now, so I can't explain exactly without MSPaint...

Also can we hear the remade music you got? Because to be honest, the ones you have on the first post sound terrible, they sound like they only have 2 channels (okay, the New Bark and Route 29 music actually sound fine but the others are crap).

No, really. It's not like it's "acceptable" because the other are not as good. I actually liked it, and that's all it matters. Let's not forget you can see it twice in the whole game. Anyway, I did some extra changes, and it's even better now. When I get some more time, I'll improve it further.

As for the music, I said it will be remade and I've got no updates to let anyone hear, so far.

i think this hack will quickly overtake Lc and Sg very quickly with the amount of asm and work going to be put into it :3

I don't know, but honestly, I'm not interested in overtaking any hacks. I always wanted to make my own remake since I stepped into the world of hacking, back in 2006. And that's it, I guess.

I forgot to ask. Will there be a pokegear implemented? I think it would be swell if so, but if not, I dont really mind. Oh, and I hope you dont mind, but I took a crack at fixing up the head of Gold, and I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

screenie5.png

Like I said in previous posts, the PokéGear will not be implemented. However, that doesn't mean the PokéGear features won't be implemented. Regarding picture, I doubt it will actually help, but thanks anyway.

Oh dear me...how could my eye miss this spectacular marvelous hack...it makes me want to cry...to see the most talented rom hacker on this forum produce such a hack to us...its a dream come true. I so wish I had your abilities so my Yellow hack can just be as outstanding as this. I do hope you complete this, and maybe...maybe you can remake Ruby on Firered one day that would be sweet too.

Thank you :)

And the good thing about it is that it will be purely like the original's but with all of GBA's awesomeness. I love it can't wait till the whole projects completed of course Im sure it will be a couple years :(

Oro Sole literally translates as "Gold Sun". Regarding the name, there's a little anecdote I can tell you: originally, the hack was going to be named "Oro Pepita", which means "Gold Nugget". Eventually I suggested the new name later on (I was in 3-person team ages ago).

Anyway we're all having Running Shoes in our houses, right? :P

It's fun and cool. Why not?

---

Oh, I have a little video to show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTww0UCjqoA

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • AWESOME!
    That's truly ingenious! This way, you'll be able to name your rival only after he stole the Pokeball from Elm. Great job!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    AWESOME!
    That's truly ingenious! This way, you'll be able to name your rival only after he stole the Pokeball from Elm. Great job!

Thanks ;)

BTW, almost forgot... the little poll is still open!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    If I'm not bold, though, may I suggest that you put a Yes/No textbox there? like in the original one. Shouldn't be harder than what you just did. =]

Why should I? "Apparently, it was a young male with long, red hair... What? You battled a trainer like that? Did you happen to get his name?"
    And then you just pick a name. There's no Yes/No choice.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Why should I? "Apparently, it was a young male with long, red hair... What? You battled a trainer like that? Did you happen to get his name?"
    And then you just pick a name. There's no Yes/No choice.
    Unless you didn't get my point, I was talking about a yes/no box after you do a try.

"Are you sure his name was [rival]?"

Just for the kind of purpose called "I wanted another name in the end".

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Unless you didn't get my point, I was talking about a yes/no box after you do a try.

"Are you sure his name was [rival]?"

Just for the kind of purpose called "I wanted another name in the end".

The "original" fooled me, actually. I had G/S/C in mind, but you were actually referring about the original rival naming in FR/LG, instead.
    So, yeah. It's perfectly doable, and I'm pretty sure I will do it, as mistakes do happen.

the name makes this sound more of an gold remake rather than an gold AND silver remake...

Well, Gold and Silver have very little differences. Besides, I've planned an Oro Sole twin too, once it's fully finished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back