• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hey barker I just want to know if you need ideas help for this. I was going to do something like this and thought it would be impossible. So pm your answer since I have a notebook full of ideas for this

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Hey Barker, hows this going along?
I was hoping you'd start mapping by now, and hopefully make them a bit different.
Just as a reference, Serebii has all the keypoints that happen in the anime, you should be able to find it :).
Also, considering theres also some islands, are you planning on having the orange islands in your hack?

Good luck. my rombase is in the resources section, palettes are changed a bit, plus the main tree :)

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I am a good mapper and over world editor. I can help you with this

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
in b4 huge post. I'll update the original post tonight with updated features and whatnot, and possibly maps.

Hey barker I just want to know if you need ideas help for this. I was going to do something like this and thought it would be impossible. So pm your answer since I have a notebook full of ideas for this
Ideas? I plan to take the ideas directly from the anime. If you have ideas on how to implement them though, drop me a line. ;)
Hey Barker, hows this going along?
I was hoping you'd start mapping by now, and hopefully make them a bit different.
Just as a reference, Serebii has all the keypoints that happen in the anime, you should be able to find it :).
Also, considering theres also some islands, are you planning on having the orange islands in your hack?

Good luck. my rombase is in the resources section, palettes are changed a bit, plus the main tree :)
How's things? I'm still working on scripting, which I do find a little dull. As a result, I'm mapping more and more. Pretty soon I'm going to have to lock down Advance Map and focus. I hope to start real, actual work on the hack this week.

And yep, I've been checking everything I can for anime keypoints. It's hard to watch them all without a download/buy; I can find the first 24 episodes, but beyond that, I'm stuck with reviews.

From the beginning, I planned on adding the Orange Islands, but I wanted to keep it a huge secret and blah blah blah, but yeah, the hack is in pre-production and I'm already getting asked about it. tl;dr: I plan on adding the Orange Islands saga into the hack. One of the advantages of playing through the game here is you'll have your full team when you start in the Islands. In other hacks that start there, you're stuck with low level Pokemon that already know surf.

As for your rombase.. I cannot adequately express just how much I love it. :P Everything is perfect. And you're giving me permission to use it right? I may need to add some things, like sidestairs, but really, I honestly love everything about it. Expect a very through Thank You in the credits.
I am a good mapper and over world editor. I can help you with this
I actually planned to do most mapping myself, but honestly, if you're good, I'd be stupid not to ask for your help. I'll PM you about it when I get to that stage. And Overworld editing would be great. I don't understand much about that. :\

Also.. Thanks Killer. :P

Any bad spelling/internet speak is purely intentional for lulz and wat.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I got a name change... anyway, I could change unused sprites into the orange island gym leaders

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :P

In the meantime, an update. :\ I did a mapping of Route One today, which I feel officially starts my hack. The map can be seen in the first post.

This weekend, I hope to have gotten far enough to have started scripting. ("Easter Break" gives me a few extra days from the grind of high school to get going.)

Anyway, as always, thanks for reading, if you did. If I could just ask you to check the map over, and give me opinions on it (As well as the event, I suppose), that would be grand.

Is it normal for Maps to take 3-4 hours to complete? :sleeping:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Good job Barker, I think the map should of taking a while to complete, considering everything you put into it. Though I think you should of used the main water, instead of the plain blue. But good job :).
It seems your going to use alot of scripts in this. I also think when your going to have the 'backpackchu' that should include it when Gary stops you in an event? ("Whats that?! A backpackchu?") xD.
Keep at it.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Barker maps always take 3-4 hours. especially one that needs all the details to be perfet. Even more when you have to make the maps out of nowere and need ideas.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I really love the comparison, I hope the event goes well.
Also, where did u get those stairs?
I've been trying to make them in the block editor, but it won't work.

P.S. I'm using the same rombase.

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
Years
Epicness in the making

Epic.

This is the word that comes to mind when I think of how could this could be. When I first read this through I was...excited. I thought this really could be great. But I must admit I had my doubts. I thought the extent of anime in the game would be fighting a spearow in the forest and that's it. While this wouldn't be a bad thing I hoped for more. All my fears were put to rest after looking through your plan for only the first route.

It will be hard work of that I have no doubt but I'm sure it was be worth it. If you need any help (sorry my hacking experiance is downloading Advance Map and messing around with that so I can't help you on that front) don't hesitate to ask.

It great to see the Anime get the game it deserved all along.

As far as route 1 goes, I think it looks awesome and the events sound great. You said you are going to block the player going right forcing him into the event with spearow. How are you going to do this? I was thinking something along the lines of a script popping going.. "I think this is the wrong way" or something along those lines. Then again I don't know if you have anything planned.

And now to quote the awesome...:paranoid:... S Club 7... "Don't stop, never give up"

Reading that it really is quite a mammoth 3rd post. ^_^
yet again good luck! and expect to see me posting in this thread often.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Barker Um I have ideas on what to do for some simple things.
1. When ash is late to oaks he goes thee in pajama then when he is ready with pikachu you do a sleep at home warp and when he wakes up he is in his new clothes.
2. For weather like event I.E. the charmander nad Ho-oh do same above but for charmander after you and the gang rest there and for Ho-oh after you faint.
3. Um let me see. Oh got one. Um how about putting a seperate rout to the right of pallet town going to oaks and a ranch were you view deposited pokemon

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Good job Barker, I think the map should of taking a while to complete, considering everything you put into it. Though I think you should of used the main water, instead of the plain blue. But good job :).
It seems your going to use alot of scripts in this. I also think when your going to have the 'backpackchu' that should include it when Gary stops you in an event? ("Whats that?! A backpackchu?") xD.
Keep at it.
I'll probably change it eventually. Mostly, the calm water was to show that the player doesn't need to surf on it.

For now, the "Backpackachu" idea is going to stay, until I can get a spriter to help me with the shoulder idea. (For those who missed the joke, the "Backpackachu" isn't a backpack at all, it's really Pikachu riding on your back.) And yeah, of course the hack is going to need hack-specific humor, which will be some of the only ways I plan to split a tiny bit with the Canon.:P Maybe I'll have a running Joke where Ash says stupid things. ("Maybe it's a Cowterpie!" (A very real joke used in the.. Second? episode by Ash.) Then in a different situation, "Maybe it's a Backpackachu!". "Maybe it's a... lame idea :P.") Hmm.

I just think Gary would be the one to say something like "Nice Backpack, loser, you suck, kiss my Butt..erfree," etc etc etc.
Barker maps always take 3-4 hours. especially one that needs all the details to be perfet. Even more when you have to make the maps out of nowere and need ideas.
Oh good. :P I thought maybe I was a horribly slow mapper.

Another tidbit for those who didn't know: each of my maps so far has been blanked with Trees before I start, and I plan to keep it that way.
I really love the comparison, I hope the event goes well.
Also, where did u get those stairs?
I've been trying to make them in the block editor, but it won't work.

P.S. I'm using the same rombase.
I added these stairs myself, which is why they look a little messed up.
Epic.

This is the word that comes to mind when I think of how could this could be. When I first read this through I was...excited. I thought this really could be great. But I must admit I had my doubts. I thought the extent of anime in the game would be fighting a spearow in the forest and that's it. While this wouldn't be a bad thing I hoped for more. All my fears were put to rest after looking through your plan for only the first route.

It will be hard work of that I have no doubt but I'm sure it was be worth it. If you need any help (sorry my hacking experiance is downloading Advance Map and messing around with that so I can't help you on that front) don't hesitate to ask.

It great to see the Anime get the game it deserved all along.

As far as route 1 goes, I think it looks awesome and the events sound great. You said you are going to block the player going right forcing him into the event with spearow. How are you going to do this? I was thinking something along the lines of a script popping going.. "I think this is the wrong way" or something along those lines. Then again I don't know if you have anything planned.

And now to quote the awesome...:paranoid:... S Club 7... "Don't stop, never give up"

Reading that it really is quite a mammoth 3rd post. ^_^
yet again good luck! and expect to see me posting in this thread often.
Wow.. :P

I would hate myself for ramping anyone up, then giving them something lame like a single battle. And thanks, man. As for blocking the route, I'll probably have some "Convenient" excuse, maybe Pikachu refusing to go, or two trainers battling, as in G/S during the early Mr. Pokemon segment.

Don't worry, we've all had that song stuck in our heads once or twice. :P Thanks again.
Barker Um I have ideas on what to do for some simple things.
1. When ash is late to oaks he goes thee in pajama then when he is ready with pikachu you do a sleep at home warp and when he wakes up he is in his new clothes.
2. For weather like event I.E. the charmander nad Ho-oh do same above but for charmander after you and the gang rest there and for Ho-oh after you faint.
3. Um let me see. Oh got one. Um how about putting a seperate rout to the right of pallet town going to oaks and a ranch were you view deposited pokemon
Let's see..

1. That seems complicated. If it works, I'm all for it, but it'll have to wait till I'm someway into the hack to be implemented. I'm more focused on getting this off the ground right now than fixing minute-long inconsistencies.
2. Yeah, I forgot about adding the much-needed Thunderstorm Weather part 5 of the event. Don't worry, weather will be part of the experience. ;)
3. I've only watched partway into the first season, and haven't seen anything about a ranch yet. Anyway, seeing all your Pokemon would be cool, but it seems like it would require a very, very complex script. For now, we'll shelve this idea.

Anyway, Utah kids in my area get a few days off from high school to chill for Easter Break. Guess how I'll be spending some of mine? :P

Expect a new map tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Spriter of the Century !!!
Years
Hope you can get this thing out with the pickachu!!!
Are you nearly finished remaking the places,traners & stuff ?
can't wait to play it!

greenozano

Master of Pokemon
Years
Question zel

Zel how did you make the phone both script I know it was a big script because there were a lot of trainers that had Id's but truly how did it work for you to register characters then be able to call them in different maps. But the main part i'm wondering is The register thing It seems difficult but I'm still trying to learn it.

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Hope you can get this thing out with the pickachu!!!
Are you nearly finished remaking the places,traners & stuff ?
can't wait to play it!
:P

I'm not "remaking" anything though; the game has new graphics from a Rombase, and I don't plan on revamping anything from Yellow, besides possibly the Pikachu sprite.

As for Greeno.. Off-Topic, amirite?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Just a couple questions:
1. Will u have Misty and Brock follow u?
2. What will it look like in the running format with Pikachu on ur back?

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I can make a sprite of the burnt bike from that one episode(when pikachu burnt it with his thundershock)

Spriter of the Century !!!
Years
sorry i mean't making so how far did you reach!!!
i know it's based on the series!
can you tell me.
yip bringing the anime to life

Barker

Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Misty and Brock won't follow. We've established this. Two, running will look the same, so far as I'm concerned, only faster. Maybe Pikachu will bounce around a little?

Darkly, I don't know if I want to trouble you with that. It's not a big deal anyway.

Avatar, I'm still mapping. Been chilling with friends the past few days, which is the reason for me not posting the updates I promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back