• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Last one looks good. I think I'd prefer if the HP and the bar itself was connected though, but maybe that's just me. Overall I prefer the notches being there (not the Platinum version) but I don't feel strongly towards it. Either way, it's up to you, either look is fine!

For the record I don't actually like platinum's HP bar, I just remarked that BW wasn't the only games with these notches. :p

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Final battle interface update:

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

I could shift the exp bar one tile left, or the HP bar and amount one tile right, but that's nitpicking, and I can always change it later anyway. Now to continue with mapping and scripting.

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
    Years
  • Final battle interface update:

I could shift the exp bar one tile left, or the HP bar and amount one tile right, but that's nitpicking, and I can always change it later anyway. Now to continue with mapping and scripting.

I'm gonna sound bitchy real quick;

OMG please move the hp bar 'n stuff one tile to the right. I'm dying inside. OCD overload

Edit:

Not bad. I'll add it if there's space. Edit: There is.

snip

I, uh, noticed Nuzlocke Mode is missing... that was one of my favorite features of the ROM. Was there not enough space, or is it "to-be-reimplemented?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'm gonna sound bitchy real quick;

OMG please move the hp bar 'n stuff one tile to the right. I'm dying inside. OCD overload

I'll likely do that, I'm clearly kind of OCD about this too, but it's low-priority because it can easily be done in an update.

I, uh, noticed Nuzlocke Mode is missing... that was one of my favorite features of the ROM. Was there not enough space, or is it "to-be-reimplemented?"

It's in the initial options:

They're not meant to be changed after you begin the game, but there's a "cheat code" to do so just like to reset the clock. (Down+B at the title screen resets the clock, Left+B resets the initial options, Select+Up+B clears save data.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Rangi just wanted to say thank you for being active and awesome. I would rather play 3.0 than prism

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Btw, catching the pokemon worked, it was because thief was killing the Bellsprout that it wasn't stealing their held item.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Another idea: You could make the rival's pokemon in the battle at Indigo Plateau gain 10 levels after beating the Elite four 10 times, 10 more after beating them 20 times, and so on, like in Pokémon Platinum. And maybe make them harder by making their pokémon have competitive movesets, abilities, natures and items.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the same could happen with every other rematch available post-game.

Last edited:

Adammac

Linux user
    Years
  • Hi, I have question

Spoiler:

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    Rangi, do you suggest some tutorial to start with pokecrystal disassembly, i want to learn it

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Quick question: is this a recognizable symbolic carpet pattern?

Hi, I have question

Spoiler:

Thanks!

Spoiler:

Rangi, do you suggest some tutorial to start with pokecrystal disassembly, i want to learn it

Try this one.

Years
  • Quick question: is this a recognizable symbolic carpet pattern?

It looks good. The colors will make it look a bit like water but the pattern is different so I think it's recognizable.

And since you've added other trainer classes to the game, will they eventually get their encounter themes too?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It looks good. The colors will make it look a bit like water but the pattern is different so I think it's recognizable.

I mean, is the symbol recognizable at this size?

And since you've added other trainer classes to the game, will they eventually get their encounter themes too?

Maybe, if someone like Mmmmmm or FroggestSpirit demixes them. It's not a priority.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Hi Rangi, for 3.0 will you add certain areas with predetermined weather conditions (like in 3rd Gen)? Perhaps it's a good idea to add Sun and Rain to routes just certains days of week (also based in the time of day), and Sand and Snow just in places like Route 45 and Mt. Silver...and basically mountain areas in general...by the way, awesome work with all updates in game! {:3}

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi Rangi, for 3.0 will you add certain areas with predetermined weather conditions (like in 3rd Gen)? Perhaps it's a good idea to add Sun and Rain to routes just certains days of week (also based in the time of day), and Sand and Snow just in places like Route 45 and Mt. Silver...and basically mountain areas in general...by the way, awesome work with all updates in game! {:3}

I've wanted to add weather before, but it doesn't seem possible with GSC's engine. At best I could use different music and tiles, but what I liked about rain in RSE was the dynamic effects, moving raindrops and lightning flashes.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yes, I believe that the symbol is recognizable at this size.

Thanks, in that case it's the new imported Kalosian carpet:

Also, important trainers (Gym Leaders and Elites so far) have dialog when they're down to their last Pok?mon:

(While testing this, I burned my rival's Chikorita and thought it was a glitch. Turns out I got a Flame Body Cyndaquil. :) Thank you FIQ.)

Edit: I just went ahead and replaced Vital Throw with Aura Sphere. I know I said earlier that too few Pok?mon learn it, but only Machop/choke/champ and Pinsir learned Vital Throw; they're both powerful never-miss Fighting attacks, except Aura Sphere is a rare Special one, and I want Mewtwo and Mew to have that option instead of Focus Blast. Anyway, I've given it to a few Pok?mon besides them and Togekiss.

Last edited:

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
    Years
  • When is the next update coming?

Y'all are gonna have to quit asking. He's said before; Soon?. He doesn't have a set release date.

Keep in mind, they do this stuff on their own free time, and lots of us have jobs and lives we live with as well. Sometimes delays are an actual thing.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    When is the next update coming?

Y'all are gonna have to quit asking. He's said before; Soon?. He doesn't have a set release date.

Keep in mind, they do this stuff on their own free time, and lots of us have jobs and lives we live with as well. Sometimes delays are an actual thing.

It'll go faster with help. Not being sarcastic. If you know how to submit a pull request on GitHub, I'd welcome some animations for the new moves. It's been on my to-do list forever, but other things keep intervening.

Back