• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
Does anyone know where I might find the item I need to get to slateport city it is called an ARCLIGHT SPANNER?

Years
For the people who want to play this amazing hack but can't download from the attachment because of reasons involving pokecommunity being attacked which i don't know the details (that's why you won't see the lost screenshot and the erased zip file).

and for the arclight spanner i believe you will get it from the submarine if i remember correctly

so if "the power that be" allow it here it is.

Attachments

• Snakewood.zip
    572.3 KB · Views: 846
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
So i don't know how active this thread is but can someone help I'm trying to download this on mobile. Will it download of here and can i play out with an ordinary game boy advanced emulator

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Hey, can anyone help me? I've patched the Ruby Rom, but whenever I try to run it all I get is a white screen. anyone know a fix?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
I've found something in this game that I believe to be a bug. In New Mauville, after I defeat Wattson, I heal my pokémon and I double check to make sure it worked. After I do this I defeat Wattson again, and I've found out that I can do this bug endless times and it could be used to level up all of my pokémon up to much higher levels. I don't believe that the developer meant for you to be able to grind to higher levels by constantly defeating Wattson, so I thought I would bring this bug to light when I encountered it.

Haider Rauf

PokéFanMan
Years
Great hack man! I've always wanted a hack which did not have the "becoming a Pokemon Master" stuff. And this one's the best. And also funny ??????.
Wish you good luck on this hack and sorry for bad English.

Haider Rauf

PokéFanMan
Years
Great hack man! I've always wanted a hack which did not have the "becoming a Pokemon Master" stuff. And this one's the best. And also funny 😁.
Wish you good luck on this hack and sorry for bad English.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
how do you play snakewood? the file Kyurem attached didn't run on my comp. I use VBA for it, and it says no image, and file can't be read.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
Hey! Does anyone know where to find all the broken hearts? I've found 5 so far, idk if this has been answered already because the thread is so long (I just spent the past 2 hours searching and only got through half of the thread :L)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
So I made a few posts in this thread some time ago, and I relatively recently began another playthrough of this hack because my girlfriend and I wanted something to do together (but she wound up quitting saying it was too hard; I even hacked in a cyndaquil and a kenchira for her to use early game lol). So here I am on my second-and-a-halfthfthfth playthrough (kinda long story), holding off on going into the necropolis because reasons I can't bother to remember. I have caught Luca*, Téa, Turmur, Shaderu, and Roclobster legitimately (debating if I should bring shaderu into the necropolis cuz that would make it way too easy, since it's lv 85 and has ludicrous attack even without EV training) and probably going to hack in a waterfall HM because I can't bring myself to have a seaking on my team. Current team is Turmur, Treemadio, Dragoone, Raikou, Toxicroak, and Bute (I don't even know why I'm putting myself through training that..... thing. I have a Dusclops that wants that slot more, or a Zangol if the mood strikes again). I wound up back on this thread while investigating how to use those Miner items and to try and locate Mewby and Mutagon and subsequently wound up reading half this thread.

Whee.

So I have a few random things to blarg real quick:
-To expand upon the first post I made here, a Paras with Aqua Heal will not keep that ability upon evolving because Parasect doesn't have an ability in its second ability slot upon YAPE investigation. This seems like a relatively easy thing to fix, but I'll touch on that in a bit.
-Did I just miss it, or is there SERIOUSLY nobody who caught the reference the Deadly Seven were? I mean... I didn't see anybody state it outright, but their existence, in addition to anything hajike- or chikuwa- related (probably others that I'm just not thinking of), were all a reference to one thing. Am I the only one that got it?
-What is the software people typically use to make rom hacks? This game and the lack of Cutlerine nowadays has made me want to make my own hax like this one, and I figure buttsing around in the Snakewood codez would be a good way to learn it a bit, much like how he learned the ropes making it. Also, YAPE doesn't seem to have the kind of depth to edit stuff like what is needed for this game. Things I would want to do to it are make the areas that look like they are supposed to be something be accessible, fix Parasect's ability, make Mewby obtainable, etc.
Spoiler:

I think there was more I wanted to say but I can't recall it anymore.

*I got Luca
Spoiler:

Where did you get all the broken hearts for Shaderu??

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
Your game sounds amazing but the download is not working for me. Hall!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
For those of you looking for a working download link, I have it uploaded on my google drive.

I've also started a let's play series of it on my YouTube channel. Been a rocky start with nuzlocke rules, but I think we'll end up making it :D

Your a miracle worker

Back