• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémorph Medieval: TSS (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It would be cool if different characters took different amount of time to morph. Maybe I made Kiyoshi's time a little short... but I'm imagining him sneaking around as a human and then suddenly turn into a pokémon and scare someone with a flare ^^ Or surprising pokémon prey with suddenly turning into a human with a cutting boomerang after having gotten close in the shape of a Chimchar.

And yeah, many villagers in many towns probably aren't very friendly towards pokémorphs ^^ But I think some would see them as holy or something... maybe in Ecruteak? Or in Azalea, where people tend to like pokémon and want to become closer with them.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • By treat them like gods, do you mean give them nice things and worship them? It would be so awesome if that happened to me for real >.<

By the way, is it cool if Tei keeps that gem he received from Dratini? It's not really a shard. It was a Mystic Water (but I suppose you have already figured that out xD) And yes, Tei would feel uncomfortable about fighting Kiyoshi...which would totally be an interesting thing! (referring to our little chat in the discussions thread)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's ok. Mystic Water can be one of the treasures you can find ^^ And if you already have one, it's fine, with me at least. And I'm the god. Give me nice things and worship me /slap'd

Yeah, we can create a situation xD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Ah shucks, I waited to long to post my SU. (sighs) Guess I'll have to wait until someone is kicked off/dropped out...

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • I know its too late to join but i'll put up an SU just in case someone gets booted *evil plot forms to get others kicked out >=D*

Name: Odessa Stocks

Appearance: Odessa is a little under six feet tall and weighs right around 150lbs. She has lightly tanned skin with a scar going down her left arm from when she tried to break up a fight when she was fourteen. She has green eyes and black hair. She sticks to wearing a large black cloak that covers most of her body, feeling self-conscious about herself. She also wears a pair of earrings, one a small pink diamond hanging off a small gold loop and the other a clear diamond hanging of an identical gold loop.

History: Odessa was born an only child to her mother and father, who had extreme prejudice against Pokemon, which was eventually passed on to Odessa.
    When she was 4, Odessa learned she could turn into a Pokemon and started to hate herself for the ability and feared that her parents would learn of it and disown her, so she kept it a secret.
    Eventually Odessa realized that her parents were wrong to hate Pokemon as much as they did, and learned to like herself again, although she was still too scared to tell her Mother or Father about her transforming abilities.
    When she was twelve her parents found out about her power and ran her away from home, and without anyone to support her and no real-world skills Odessa turned to thievery and conning others to get by.
    When she was sixteen she learned her father had separated from Odessa's mother and wished to make amends. Odessa found him and he begged her forgiveness for being such a horrible father and person.
    Odessa eventually forgave him but was unable to love him again, so her father in his sadness secluded himself away from the world in the forest, hoping to die forgotten by all who had ever known him.
    Now that Odessa is nineteen she spends a majority of her time traveling around conning people by selling them fake talismans to ward off Pokemon from their villages and homes.
    She uses the money she gets conning people on food and the occasional night of shelter, although she much prefers sleeping outdoors now. Her mother still harbors a deep hatred for her daughter and her ability to transform and as thus refuses to even acknowledge Odessa's existence.

Personality:

Weakness: Has a tendency to drive herself straight into trouble.

Weapon: Two small hammers connected by a chain, with one side of each hammer coming to a point and the other side shaped more like a traditional hammer head.

Pokemon Form: Nidoran ♀

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Edit: Its hard to draw what i'm imagining so just use the description. If I ever come up with a good drawing i'll post that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You are free to post your SUs whenever a spot really is open, but for now, it's not. So I'm not going to evaluate that SU, Zamorak ;p You'll have to post it again if you want in when a spot is open. It'd be too messy to try and keep a queue list >.<

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • It's up to you. For Kiyoshi, he's been practicing morphing since he was 5, so he transforms in about three seconds. I'm thinking your body becomes blurry to look at, and transforms sorta growingly... like when they drink polyjuice potion in Harry Potter xD Except, your skin won't go bubbly (eeew) and it doesn't hurt... or maybe it hurts for some?

So... I have a question about transforming (for future reference). What happens to your clothes while transforming? Do they magically disappear/re-appear, or fall to the floor when you transform?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • I kind of have a question, too. How do we communicate while the characters are in Pokémon morph? I was thinking they know how to "thought-speak" like in the Animorph books, but it's your RP, so...

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    I kind of have a question, too. How do we communicate while the characters are in Pokémon morph? I was thinking they know how to "thought-speak" like in the Animorph books, but it's your RP, so...

I dont speek for Red Hawt Chili Pelippers saying this, but id have to say like any other pokemon would communicate with others. The speak in their own language, you'd have to know it i guess. Kinda like how Farin isn't good at human speech. (Idk if that was a good example or not)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So... I have a question about transforming (for future reference). What happens to your clothes while transforming? Do they magically disappear/re-appear, or fall to the floor when you transform?
    Well, different players have solved it in different ways in their SUs, it seems. Some want the ears to be left when you turn human again, some wanted the weapon to stay un-transformed and one wanted a bandana to stay on. And I'd say the clothes and any bags or stuff magically goes into a pocket in time/space xD It really doesn't have to make sense.

The jewel shards though... you want them on you even when you're a pokémon of course. Maybe we could say... when you are human, you carry the shards. When you're pokémon, your shards magically (lots of magic here xD) fasten themselves onto your skin. Be it your forehead, your arm, your back... anything you'd like.

And that's why you can steal shards from humans but you normally have to knock a pokémon unconscious or kill it to get the shards off its skin, unless the pokémon willingly gives the shard to you (yeah, as if that would happen).

What do you guys think?

I kind of have a question, too. How do we communicate while the characters are in Pokémon morph? I was thinking they know how to "thought-speak" like in the Animorph books, but it's your RP, so...
    I'd say they speak to each other like pokémon do in the anime. They understand each other when making "pokémon noises".

I dont speek for Red Hawt Chili Pelippers saying this, but id have to say like any other pokemon would communicate with others. The speak in their own language, you'd have to know it i guess. Kinda like how Farin isn't good at human speech. (Idk if that was a good example or not)
    Aaah, so Farin can speak easily with the others when they are pokémon? :)

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    Aaah, so Farin can speak easily with the others when they are pokémon? :)

Yeah that's the first language he knew. He only knows anything about human speech by watching them and listening to them closely, and thats why he stumbles over his words and doesn't know what some complicated words are. Although he'll pretend like he dose. And yeah, he might have the easiest time talking as a Pokemon, cause he was barley ever was human.

Also on a kinda related note. He is really fast when turning into a Pokemon, because he's used to being a Pokemon, but quite slow when becoming human, because he's not used to being human. And I find it funny that he has weapons because he doesn't really know how to use them.

And to end my little explanation. Can anyone use Pokemon moves, or just basic things like fire or water, when they are human? Because if yes then that will be Farin's basic style of combat.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm, I'm not sure about the pokémon-ish attacks when being human. I wanted some human fighting in this RP as well, that's why you had to pick a signature weapon ;) But since Farin's story is a little special, maybe you can get the ability to... wait, you're an Eevee, you don't have any elemental powers ^^' What if we say he can use Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Headbutt and attacks like that, but no elemental powers? I think it wouldn't be fair to the others if he could blow fire in human form when he's gotten a shard and can transform into Flareon.

Are you guys ok with you being able to transform into an evolved pokémon as soon as you've got a jewel shard? You haven't been able to for the whole time you've been a pokémorph, and for most of you that's a long time now. It could be more fun to play in pokémon form if you were evolved, I was thinking ^^

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • And I'd say the clothes and any bags or stuff magically goes into a pocket in time/space xD
    Just like so many video-game characters. X3

Anyways, it would make sense to me for the Jewel shards to be fastened on as a Pokemon. Would the shards have to actually be touching you before they'd fasten on when you morph, though?
    I agree on the Pokemorphs understanding Poke-speech or whatever as Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think, for the sake of convenience, that when you are human you carry them wherever you want to. Bag, pocket, necklace... let's say you can make holes in them big enough to stitch them onto something or keep them on a thread. They aren't made of mineral, you know, they are made of the energy from Ho-Oh and Lugia, so they don't have to act completely like stones ;)

And no, they simply set themselves upon your skin automatically when you morph into a pokémon. For... convenience sake.

I want to change my PC username to Convenience now.

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • Am I the only person who's thinking that some of us aren't very active in this RP? Or is it just me?

...It's probably just me.

Random fact: You know how people in anime tend to pull out hammers/frying pans from out of nowhere? They call the dimension where they pull those thing out "malletspace".

Also, do we have any control over inanimate objects? (e.g. a fallen tree that's blocking the path? Or (9_9) a hammer from malletspace?)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There has only been a couple of days, so I'm not too worried. If some should drop out though, I probably won't open up new spots. 9 might have been a little too many.

And yes, you control both enemies and malletspace hammers~ I might reach in with my bunny-hands though and poke around with things.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I am insulted no one has bothered to talk to Raymond outside of scolding him D:

Just kidding. I am just playing with ya guys.

I check the thread multiple times a day. I just don't reply every time.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • I'm kind of regretting making Tei afraid to fight any living thing D:

How can he collect shards now? I think he needs to learn his lesson earlier now...or not :p

Back