• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    my tileset is a compilation of a bunch of tilesets I found (johto advance + kanto + hoenn), it is still missing some tiles, I will put them on it and I'll put here the link to download it later :)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This looks good =), but the maps look a little empty... if you want I could help you with spriting, I'm pretty good at making trainer sprites, I'm also pretty good at making maps, if you're interest in my offer just pm me and I'll show you samples of my work.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    *bump* just want to tell everyone I didn't give up on this game, just been busy with some other stuff.

Progress:
    Pokegear now shows the clock but for some reason I can't make it refresh every one second (still working on it)
    I'm trying to find out a way to alternate maps without using warp, u know like in the pokemon games u go from one map to another without loading, only walking from one to the other u don't actually see any warp taking place.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
    Why don't you make an invisible warp and some fake background showing the route you're warping to? Or would that work? No idea how to use Sphere. Try to make a "pod system" like call of latios. that always amazes me.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
    Wow,this game looks very promising,keep up the great work.
    I love games in sphere.

@Cursed I'd appreciate if you didn't tell people to steal my ideas.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
    No I wasn't accusing you DarkDragon of stealing my idea,I was just telling Cursed not to tell people to use my ideas.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    V.nice game you've got going here, you don't see many games in sphere, mainly because people think it's too hard.
    Anyway, your menu system looks great, trainer card and pok?gear menus look superb!

PS:I like your region map.:)

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    Thanks ^_^
    I actually don't like the pokegear design much so I might change it later.
    I'm now working on the game and I made some improvements:
    - A Trainer ID Number is created based on the time the game was first started, the possibilities of someone starting the game in the same year, month, day, hour, minute, second and millisecond are ultra small and now it displays the Trainer ID Number on the Trainer Card.
    - I might add an option to the message function where you choose which game font you use and if it's male (blue), female (red) or null (black) that will change the color of the text

--EDIT1--
    it's a kind of update, I remade the pokegear, now looking much better and I changed the screen resolution to 240x160 like the GBA games

I'll show some screens tomorrow

--EDIT2--
    Today I have a free evening and I'll code some more. screenies tonight ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    keep up the good work! i am also trying to learn sphere/javascript so I can make several games with that, well, how can I not approve this thread:
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

this thread has been approved due to the hard work and quality put into this game & thread! the seal can be put in the first post or ignored, i don't care you were just approved! :D

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    woah XD
    a seal of approval *puts on first post* :P
    I'm working on the new pokegear (coordinates)
    If you need some tutorials to help you learning JavaScript ask me :)

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    BIG *falls from a cliff and keeps falling* UPDAAATTTEEEEEEEE *hits the ground and dies*

Here they are, the ultimate screenies XD

- New screen resolution (GBA) 240x160
    - New PokeGear with Phone Menu
    - Due to screen sizes Oregon was divided into two regions: Demitri and Oregon
    - FRLG font added (no shadows yet)
    - Now trainer card shows the Trainer ID Number that is created at the beginning of each new game the player starts.
    - Maybe there's more but I forgot ^_^

please comment:

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

Pok?mon Oregon o_o