• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Oregon o_o

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    New update XD
    This time is a small one, thank God I have next weekend free and I'll add a bunch of cool things... who knows, maybe I start working on battle system?
    I updated the font to the emerald one, that's how it looks now:
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

If anyone is making a game in sphere and needs the font here it is: (with one pixel border):
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

with no pixel border:
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    sorry for the double posting but I have a question for anyone who wants to see this game come to life XD

Would you prefer the battles with the GBA graphics or would you prefer to see the trainers and the pokemon (overworld) having a battle?

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    The Overworld battle with Pokemon was my idea first, and im putting it to work using rm2k3!
    I made it!
    And it works better than the GBA graphics one!
    Anyway its really ur choice
    btw, i need some help learning javascript, thanx in advance if u can help

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    ok, I have lots of school work to do but I'm gonna try to finish everything today so I can work on the game during the weekend :)

the battle system will be GBA-like then :P

--EDIT--

After two hours of work I managed to put the message system exactly like Emerald (w00t it's prefect ^_^):

Compare them:
    -- Pokemon Oregon (Sphere):
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

-- Pokemon Emerald (GBA):
    Pok?mon Oregon o_o

omg, I feel so proud of myself ^_^

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
    Dude the game looks awsom
    Especially the way you now have teh message system Exact
    oh btw your pokegear, amazing
    Such a simple image yet a truly great result

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    O_o wow...awsome... Is that text the no pixel border text? If not could you post it here plezzzeee!!! *insert picture of cute puppy here*

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    That's none of the ASCII BMP Tables I posted above, I totally changed it and I'll post it tomorrow, now it's 3 AM and I wanna go to sleep XD

--EDIT1--

Swizzler121, you can find the font on Game Dev Rsources now, I've been planing the battle system, pokedex, etc

This is what I've gathered so far, if you find anything that is missing or would like to suggest anything new please tell me :)

Pok?mon in General:

Name
    All Sprite forms (including shiny and shadow and back sprites)[6]
    Icons[2]
    Footprint picture
    Johto Number
    Kanto Number
    Hoenn Number
    Info/Description
    Height
    Weight
    Locations[x]
    Breeding Group(s)[x]
    Type(s)[2]
    Gender Ratio[2]
    Ability(s)[2]
    Evolution Level
    Evolution
    Color Category
    Level Up Attacks[x]
    TM & HM Attacks[x]
    Tutor Attacks[x]
    Egg Moves[x]
    Special Attacks[x]
    Base Stats[x]
    Max Stats (Hindering Nature)[6]
    Max Stats (Neutral Nature)[6]
    Max Stats (Beneficial Nature)[6]

Attacks:

Number
    Name
    Animation
    Battle Type
    Contest Type
    PP
    Base Power
    Accuracy
    Battle Effect
    Secundary Effect
    TM
    Appeal Points
    Jam Points
    Contest Effect
    Bright Powder
    King's Rock
    Physical Contact
    Battle Palace Style
    Battle Arena

Team:

Pokemon[6]

Pokemon in team:

Name (the one player chooses)
    Level
    HP
    Sp. Defense
    Sp. Attack
    Attack
    Defense
    Speed
    Attacks[4]
    Nature
    Kind(Normal/Shiny/Shadow)[3]
    Sprite(depending on Kind)
    Current Virus/Viruses[x]
    Hungriness level
    Life Time Level (Age)
    Happiness Level
    Everything else it inherits from the General Pokemon info

I'll have the bag system and trainer system soon

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
    Thats some good work,the only thing I can see missing are the pokemon catch rates and tameness values.
    Oh and IVs and EVs for the team pokemon.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I'm messing with Sphere, but, i'm a real noob... read the tuts, and it Javascript is much more direct than ruby... Now, I want you to write a "Getting started on your pokemon game Tut" for us... lol I don't even know where to start... That is why most ppl go for RMXP and stuff, there is a base to build on. But, it seems that sphere is better in that there are no hidden superclasses that you need to watch for... :P

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    lol, sphere is better and easy once you get used to it u look at RMXP and feel sick XD
    I won't be writing a tutorial because I feel like I could do better things with my time and besides people can learn from sphere and javascript tutorials :\

google is your friend ;)

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    :P I guess so... But, i think you would be better at explaining it..

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    I might do some when I have time, I was planning the bag, battle, etc systems and I came up with an idea, considering there will be shadow, normal and shiny pokemon and there will be tameness/happiness and pokemon have age and die at a certain point, depending on the way your pokemon are treated and how many shadow vs shiny you have there will be a Goodness Vs. Evilness bar to see if your a good or bad guy, if you have enough evilness you can go to a place where team smth (I still have to think about a name for it) gives you pokeballs that you can steal pokemon with, then after you win a battle you can pick 1 or 2 pokemon from the oponent and steal them, then you can either keep them or give them back to the base and get money for them. Being a bad guy you will also be able to convert any shiny/normal pokemon into a shadow/normal one.
    If you are a good guy you can convert shadow/normal pokemon into shiny/normal and if you battle a bad guy (like a member of the team whatever) and win you can get 1 or 2 of their pokemon and take them with you, then you can keep them or give them for adoption at a pokecenter or sell them to the day care center :\

I might come up with some more ideas later, you can also give your opinion :P

Back