• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon, The Evil Inside -Reloaded-

chi467

Ice Queen
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    When will you realese the next one? I can't wait! How long will it be?

Colt

L33+ c0|\/|m4Nd0
    Years
    Thanks DarkMage :D

Slow down chi467, I haven't even released PTEI2 yet I don't know when PTEI3 will be released. I haven't even started working on it yet. What I do know is that it will be in RMXP, now that it's translated :) and it seems to be very easy to make shooting systems withsicne the fork condition allow direct key inputs.

Altough I do have to say I will finish an other project before I start on PTEI3.

Colt

L33+ c0|\/|m4Nd0
    Years
    Ohoh, should have posted news here more often... sorry if Im bumping this topic.
    but here's some news:

Pok?mon, The Evil Inside -Reloaded-

A new feature for the Game-Menu... Config.
    In Config you can edit the HUD (Ammocounter, HP Bar, ect.), Change the System set to another one. Dissable Gun animations... Most features are so you can turn of several Procceses that would normally cause Lag on slower PC's. So people with slower PC's could turn off the HUD completely and still play smoothly without any lag.
    The HUD Transparancy is usefull because I did receive some complaineds on the large Size of the HUD (especially the Gun and ammo counter) wich could in some situations block your view of 1/4 of the screen. with the possibility to change the transparancy of the pics used you could make the pictures 50% transparent and see both whats behind the counter and ofcourse the counter itself.

Comments on these functions?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Those functions sound really neat! I guess you've got a lot of ideas. Isn't
    it 'configure' though?

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Those functions sound really neat! I guess you've got a lot of ideas. Isn't
    it 'configure' though?

Config is just a shorter term for Configure, so it basically doesn't matter which one you use

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    Config is just a shorter term for Configure, so it basically doesn't matter which one you use
    ^ I think Daegon meant at the top of the screen it is spelt as Configuer
    ------
    Also nice screen colt, this game just keeps getting better.

chi467

Ice Queen
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    Colt said:
    Thanks DarkMage :D

Slow down chi467, I haven't even released PTEI2 yet I don't know when PTEI3 will be released. I haven't even started working on it yet. What I do know is that it will be in RMXP, now that it's translated :) and it seems to be very easy to make shooting systems withsicne the fork condition allow direct key inputs.

Altough I do have to say I will finish an other project before I start on PTEI3.

I'm late but school swamped me so that's why but how can I when I can't wait! I can't slow down it's an addiction. I can't help it.

Colt

L33+ c0|\/|m4Nd0
    Years
    Ohoh.. gess thats a spelling error menu, I'll fix it. :D
    Good to here everyone likes the menu.

Chi467, not to worry... it won't be long now, I am working on the final "normal gameplay" level. after that it's the Final Boss and the extra's and it should be done. Tough it needs to be betatested first and my grammar and spelling checked, since thats not always in order.

Years
    hm... now i just CAN'T wait... i hope that you will find a beta tester :classic:
    EDIT>Ow,yeah... About that lagging... It's easy to fix... You must just put a "Wait 0.0" command at the end of "long" parraler process event

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Sometimes that has no effect whatsoever.
    I just try and make a simpler code for every event that lags.

Mazza The Gnome

Pokemon Burner
    Years
    Colt Dude, i got my 3D modelling+animating package, now i need directions for the movie.what sort of thing, like just colt shotting pokescum or different stuff too(i.e nath bmage etc) cos those dudes deserve credit.
    Also, anyone kjnow where i can get a 3d model of a lot of pokemon? It would help[, coas then iu won't take as l;ong.(it's a **** of a confusing program)
    p.s i'm lovin' the screenies :)

Colt

L33+ c0|\/|m4Nd0
    Years
    Even the wait command trick has it's limits.
    An enormous amount of code is running almost constantly and most are pretty complex. Blackmage#1 goes over the coding of mine and try to understand my vast jungle of coding and he'll try to fix it up so it'll run on his PC smoothly, since I test my stuff on my own PC. I never notice the lag because I got a supercomp.

This is going to be a RM2K game wich actually has PC Spec requirements, wich are the following:

Minimum
    CPU: Pentium II 450 mzh
    RAM: 64 MB
    Diskspace: 40 MB
    OS: Windows 98/2000/XP (Millenium is crap playing it with that would surely make your PC commit suicide)
    *With the settings to the lowest, you should be capable of playing the game smoothly for the largest part*

Reccommended
    CPU: Pentium III or IV 1Ghz (1000mzh)
    RAM: 128
    Diskspace: 40
    OS: Windows 98/2000/XP (Millenium is crap playing it with that would surely make your PC commit suicide)
    *Having this would give you the normal smooth gameplay with all settings at full.*

To receive the smooth and fast gameplay like me
    CPU: Pentium IV 3.21 HT
    RAM: 1024 MB
    Diskspace: 40MB
    *With something near this you would receive the same ammount of fun as I do :P
    ofcourse the reccommended specs should be enough*

Tough I have to say the Minimum specs are good enough for the normal gameplay levels and most bosses. Some special systems such as "GTA System", "FPS System", "Crisis Battle Mode" and the latest "Streetfighter Battle Mode". Would experience lag and errors with a low spec PC. be aware of this.

Years
    Colt said:
    "GTA System", "FPS System", "Crisis Battle Mode" and the latest "Streetfighter Battle Mode". Would experience lag and errors with a low spec PC. be aware of this.
    You forgot about the Time Crisis Battle Mode :P
    It lagged on my PC so I oppened the demo in RM2k, edited EVERY sigle Paraller Process event adding a wait command... And the lags has gone to the graveyard :P

Colt

L33+ c0|\/|m4Nd0
    Years
    yep, that helps allot... don't worry about things that lagged in the demo, Thats completely fixed the Time Crisis Battle Mode has been completely redone. So thats the least of your worries. Allot of my experimental system have been tested on several different machines to determine the possibility of Lag, these number are from the info I have. Luckally as I said before Blackmage#1 goes over the experimental systems and makes them lag and error free (as much as possible)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I guess Win ME has failed me once again. I guess I'll enjoy the screenshots.
    Anyway, glad you got most of the lagging problems over.

Back