• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
  • For the people who missed it. This is what we did today.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Aftermath.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • hey it should be way over now
    admittedly it did crash my game twice but i was dumb enough to go watch it happen lmao

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • It was fun though. I was CRACKING UP for like ten minutes while it happened and just seeing Arc and Mage say, "Why" and leave the game, haha. Then Anna and I tried to begin my museum project in a nice forest and it lagged us to death, so I have to build my own forest. :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • you say "we", what i actually did was zoom around and watch you do cool things lmao

also last night i came up with a PLAN and that is to ditch all the stuff we usually carry around, bring no resources, and found a town as if we were starting in a new world because like. i miss struggling? is that weird? i have so many things that i dont know what to do with myself lmao. so im gonna go do that sometime after UHC probably because that seems like a fun thing

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Speaking of commands, I wanna take a moment to suggest some changes with that.

It's apparent to me that there's a real lack of commands available to members on the server, and it's frankly making the game less than it could be for me. I've set up a server with a really rich and hierarchical command interface before so believe me when I say that the things I'm suggesting below are doable:
    1. Add a /home and /sethome command. Basically what this does is it's a free personal teleport for each player, that allows you to easily get out of binds or when you're far away/lost. Variants of this command could possibly use /home set or whatever, but it's still the same basic principle.
    2. Add a warp system. On the supporter server I used warpz0r for it's nice configuration, but whatever does what it does should work just as well. Restricting warp creation to staff is a good idea but let everyone use the warps freely. It would allow for multiple towns/cities to be a lot more feasible and would make special events a lot more streamlined when they need isolation or whathaveyou. It will also partially override the need for the vanilla /tp command, along with the other warp thing I'll mention below. The /tp command could still be left in for staff so they may do coordinate warps, or whatever. That's up to y'all.
    3. Re-enable the /spawn command. This command works even in vanilla SSP, so I really don't understand why it doesn't on the server. It should be added most definitely, I think.
    4. Add a player warp system. Basically what this does is it allows players to request/accept warping to each other. It'd make rendesvousing a lot more easy.
    5. Enable sign and message colouring/styling. This would make the game a lot more colourful (literally), and I don't see why it shouldn't be added. In vanilla Minecraft the Section sign (§) is often used as a control character but for the server's sake I suggest y'all find mods that use ampersands (&) instead. It'd be easier for everyone.

As extensive as all these commands are there are a few things I'd disadvise adding, such as a money and market system. For the server's size I think they just make things too complicated, and the server is not crowded enough for trading like we already do to pose any security risk.

For y'all's convenience though there are also a lot of Bukkit mods that would make admin-y stuff a lot easier and a lot more fun, everything from lightning to better weather commands to highly extensive item commands and all sorts of stuff. Have fun with that :P

Edit:
    I just thought of some more things as I continued on the server.
    • Add special ways to get hard-to-find/unobtainable items. This is something I saw in Mutt's World back when the beta was just over - they had special crafting recipes and other things you could do to get special items like mossy/cracked stone bricks (idr how they had this set up), chain armor (using iron fences instead of ingots), and other little things you could do to get items like that without having to find a dungeon or be in creative mode. The methods were renewable too, IIRC. This would be great for special blocks, enchanting books, and other little trinkets that are really fun to use in Survival :P
    • Customize mob drops, make them more valuable. I would suggest changing what mobs drop when they die so as to rack up more incentive to kill them besides the usual garbage drops and occasional used armor piece. Having them drop spawn eggs, records, handfuls of dye, golden apples + carrots, and exotic foods (cooked and/or raw) would be a really cool thing to do as well, but I'm not sure easy-peasy drops like diamonds or gold would be a good idea. Building blocks seem out of place with them also imo.

Adding a custom server image and also a formatted server message (the one displayed in the main menu before you connect) would also look really cool. Hope I helped! :)

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Speaking of commands, I wanna take a moment to suggest some changes with that.

It's apparent to me that there's a real lack of commands available to members on the server, and it's frankly making the game less than it could be for me. I've set up a server with a really rich and hierarchical command interface before so believe me when I say that the things I'm suggesting below are doable:
    1. Add a /home and /sethome command. Basically what this does is it's a free personal teleport for each player, that allows you to easily get out of binds or when you're far away/lost. Variants of this command could possibly use /home set or whatever, but it's still the same basic principle.
    2. Add a warp system. On the supporter server I used warpz0r for it's nice configuration, but whatever does what it does should work just as well. Restricting warp creation to staff is a good idea but let everyone use the warps freely. It would allow for multiple towns/cities to be a lot more feasible and would make special events a lot more streamlined when they need isolation or whathaveyou. It will also partially override the need for the vanilla /tp command, along with the other warp thing I'll mention below. The /tp command could still be left in for staff so they may do coordinate warps, or whatever. That's up to y'all.
    3. Re-enable the /spawn command. This command works even in vanilla SSP, so I really don't understand why it doesn't on the server. It should be added most definitely, I think.
    4. Add a player warp system. Basically what this does is it allows players to request/accept warping to each other. It'd make rendesvousing a lot more easy.
    5. Enable sign and message colouring/styling. This would make the game a lot more colourful (literally), and I don't see why it shouldn't be added. In vanilla Minecraft the Section sign (§) is often used as a control character but for the server's sake I suggest y'all find mods that use ampersands (&) instead. It'd be easier for everyone.

As extensive as all these commands are there are a few things I'd disadvise adding, such as a money and market system. For the server's size I think they just make things too complicated, and the server is not crowded enough for trading like we already do to pose any security risk.

For y'all's convenience though there are also a lot of Bukkit mods that would make admin-y stuff a lot easier and a lot more fun, everything from lightning to better weather commands to highly extensive item commands and all sorts of stuff. Have fun with that :P

Edit:
    I just thought of some more things as I continued on the server.
    • Add special ways to get hard-to-find/unobtainable items. This is something I saw in Mutt's World back when the beta was just over - they had special crafting recipes and other things you could do to get special items like mossy/cracked stone bricks (idr how they had this set up), chain armor (using iron fences instead of ingots), and other little things you could do to get items like that without having to find a dungeon or be in creative mode. The methods were renewable too, IIRC. This would be great for special blocks, enchanting books, and other little trinkets that are really fun to use in Survival :P
    • Customize mob drops, make them more valuable. I would suggest changing what mobs drop when they die so as to rack up more incentive to kill them besides the usual garbage drops and occasional used armor piece. Having them drop spawn eggs, records, handfuls of dye, golden apples + carrots, and exotic foods (cooked and/or raw) would be a really cool thing to do as well, but I'm not sure easy-peasy drops like diamonds or gold would be a good idea. Building blocks seem out of place with them also imo.

Adding a custom server image and also a formatted server message (the one displayed in the main menu before you connect) would also look really cool. Hope I helped! :)

gonna do a tl;dr of this

1. Possible, not sure atm
    2. We have them but in sparsity. Mostly in spawn.
    3. no
    4. possible, but again not sure
    5. we believe in pure vanilla but maaaaybe.
    6. 1.8 has moss and cracked bricks, and you might want to check the mall for that.
    7. too op

and the market system is the only place you can get rare stuff with the skelly heads you exchange with your hard earned resources. like, where else can you buy a ton of prismarine, or name tags. or clay for that matter.

btw, we go against bukkit since i remember that it doesn't support 1.8 not sure bout that and besides #purevanilla is always better

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • vanilla is fun idk and like i was sayin before once ya got too much going on it gets kinda boring. when ya aint gotta struggle i mean. we do have a significant amount of teleports already btw and im pretty sure sign coloring works? it did in verdanturf 2.0.

a thing to consider is that a lot of us did come from craftrum which had a heck of a lot of features and we kind of had more fun doing our own thing outside the economy and whatevs

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024

I'm not opposed to new commands and features, but as this is the first and only Minecraft server I've been on, vanilla's all I know, which is why I'm personally content with what we have. :P I have seen videos of other servers that have a lot of plugins and mods installed though, like the Vox Populi server Markiplier plays on.

That said, to address some of your points -

If by 'warp system' you mean something like teleports, we do have those set up all around, as Gunner mentioned. I'm not sure if you've seen the Teleport Hub (prismarine build at spawn) Klippy built yet, but it's right in the main town and leads to quite a few places in and around Detroit. I think Wobbu also said that he's okay with setting up tps for players upon request, as long as you're reasonable and don't ask for too many of them (especially if the distance is very walkable) - I have teleports that let me travel between a couple of my houses quickly, and we've had teleports built to take us to some of the underground/water towns that are hard to reach otherwise.

As for /home, /sethome, /tp and /spawn - again, I personally don't mind them not being available as I've never used them before anyway, but I think you're the second person to request those be added, so maybe the admins will look into it if they have time.

And yeah, we do have a mall where you can buy special items like records and hardened clay in bulk with gold/diamonds/etc., but I can understand if the rates there are a bit high for someone just starting out. Your last two suggestions do sound interesting, I'd like to see if those can be implemented.​

-

Unrelated, but I keep seeing the numbers in the poll rise, but no one's requested whitelist in a while. >:o why

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back