• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Adventure - Green Chapter

Should I do a hack for the Anime Hack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
Hey just want to say I love the hack so far! Just want to let you know on beta 2.5 I found another glitch. When you go to Vermillion City and one of the team rocket members confront you the game freezes also I dont know if this is a glitch or not but when you try going to bills house you get challenged by misty who has level 60 pokemon.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Hey just want to say I love the hack so far! Just want to let you know on beta 2.5 I found another glitch. When you go to Vermillion City and one of the team rocket members confront you the game freezes also I dont know if this is a glitch or not but when you try going to bills house you get challenged by misty who has level 60 pokemon.

Oh my God... This could happen for the following reasons,
1: Did you patch it yourself? If you got it from 4Shared or someone else, then it's likely to be a bad patch.
2: Did you use your savefile from 2.2? If you did, you may want to start a new game, as using your previous .sav file causes the game to be buggy.
3: Did you use any Gameshark/Action Replay/Codebreaker codes? If you did, you may not have triggered a required flag.

That's all I can think of, but if these don't help, then we'll just have to wait for ANOTHER fix...

i don't know how to go to cerulean city

You go to Commerce City, which is north west of Cerulean City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
yo completed beta 2.5 till vermillion city (city secret chapter), besides jiggly puff being 100 lvl from start didnt find any problems, thanks a lot Aethestode for the beta release

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
POKEMON ADVENTURE YELLOW CHAPTER
pokemon_adventure_yellow_chapter_fanlogo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d7ia1jn.png

Pokemon-Adventure-Yellow-Chapter.png
YELLOW+HACK_04.png
YELLOW+HACK_09.png
YELLOW+HACK_24.png
YELLOW+HACK_27.png
YELLOW+HACK_31.png
YELLOW+HACK_37.png

Here's some screenshots for Pokemon Yellow Chapter to show that Yellow is in the making. However, I'm not really focusing on it. I only do it when I release a beta for Red and Green (since whenever I release a beta, I don't work on it until 2 weeks to make sure there's no glitches).

By the way, on a side note. I think people should check out this person's Pokemon AdventureS Yellow Chapter. If you want to play yellow chapter, I suggest you play his hack since I won't be releasing beta 1 until both Green and Red chapter nearly finished (unless people want an early beta).

POKEMON ADVENTURE BLUE CHAPTER
pokemon_adventure_blue_chapter_fanlogo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d7ia1kl.png

Pokemon-Adventure-Blue-Chapter.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_02.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_04.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_05.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_06.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_07.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_08.png

Here's some screenshots for Pokemon Blue Chapter to show that Blue is in the making. However, I'm not really focusing on it. I only do it when I release a beta for Red and Green (since whenever I release a beta, I don't work on it until 2 weeks to make sure there's no glitches).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
So,i can't use my save from beta 1? hum.......ok,but im a future beta, i can use this save?

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
So,i can't use my save from beta 1? hum.......ok,but im a future beta, i can use this save?

Yeah, you can't because different events, etc. In beta 3, you'll be able to continue from beta 2's savefile, so just start now.

Ttar0914

Years
POKEMON ADVENTURE YELLOW CHAPTER
pokemon_adventure_yellow_chapter_fanlogo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d7ia1jn.png

Pokemon-Adventure-Yellow-Chapter.png
YELLOW+HACK_04.png
YELLOW+HACK_09.png
YELLOW+HACK_24.png
YELLOW+HACK_27.png
YELLOW+HACK_31.png
YELLOW+HACK_37.png

Here's some screenshots for Pokemon Yellow Chapter to show that Yellow is in the making. However, I'm not really focusing on it. I only do it when I release a beta for Red and Green (since whenever I release a beta, I don't work on it until 2 weeks to make sure there's no glitches).

By the way, on a side note. I think people should check out this person's Pokemon AdventureS Yellow Chapter. If you want to play yellow chapter, I suggest you play his hack since I won't be releasing beta 1 until both Green and Red chapter nearly finished (unless people want an early beta).

POKEMON ADVENTURE BLUE CHAPTER
pokemon_adventure_blue_chapter_fanlogo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d7ia1kl.png

Pokemon-Adventure-Blue-Chapter.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_02.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_04.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_05.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_06.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_07.png
Blue+Chapter+Beta+1_08.png

Here's some screenshots for Pokemon Blue Chapter to show that Blue is in the making. However, I'm not really focusing on it. I only do it when I release a beta for Red and Green (since whenever I release a beta, I don't work on it until 2 weeks to make sure there's no glitches).

Wow the screenshots look amazing! I love them :D
I'll be waiting for both, and continue playing both Red and Green Chapter, until they are finished (I'm one of the patient ones :D) :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
there will be a mega politoed for the ones who choose to evolve poliwhirl to him?

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
does taking the mudkip influence the storyline?

If you take the Mudkip, you'll prevent the entire portion of the Lake monster arc from happening. If you take it, then the Lake Monster arc would occur. If you chose to ignore Officer Jenny, then the Lake Monster arc won't happen at all.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
Not a bad hack. I've never read the manga, so the sentimental value might not be as strong for me, and some of the references might just fly over my head. That aside, however, I'm enjoying the unique twists Green's character brings to the traditional Pokemon games. Green always felt like an underdog compared to Red, Blue, and even Ash, and it's nice to see a prominent female main character in a Pokemon game once in a while.

That said, I do have a few nitpicks here and there.

Overall, this hack is probably the most satisfying one so far compared to the others I've played like AshGray or Expert Emerald, in the sense that it's bug/glitch-free (at least for now, up till the point where I'm playing at Mt. Moon), and it doesn't present any insurmountable difficulty spike, the latter of which is especially due to Green's lvl 100 Jiggly. Noting the latter point, however, that's where my nitpicking comes in. While I've not experienced the manga myself, I've browsed the Bulbapedia Wikia to do some research on the type of moves Green's Pokemon used, not to mention their nature and abilities... which quickly becomes a problem with the capture of Nidoran F, whom I discovered to possess the 'Rivalry' ability instead of the manga version's 'Poison Point' (as stated in the Wikia). Also, Jiggly doesn't know 'Sing', 'Tri-Attack,' or 'Disable.' I'm assuming that there might be a Move-Reminder later on in the game, seeing the large amount of Tiny/Big Mushrooms present, so Jiggly's issue isn't as big a problem as Nido's, and seeing that the Pokemon Encyclopedia's Save Editor doesn't work on hacked roms, I can't just change the abilities or moves as I see fit either, nor the gender for that matter (my Blasty's a female instead of the manga version's male).

In further updates, maybe you might consider fixing the gender, move-sets, and abilities such that these Pokemon start out having them by default when Green captured them. I love that I don't have to toss a Pokeball to capture Snubbull, which I'm guessing is due to an in-game scripted event. Maybe you could script something like that too for the ability/gender/move-sets as well. Just my opinion. :)

But like I said, the hack's pretty good so far, and I'm really enjoying it. Here's hoping for greater things to come.

Edit:
I take it back - just found out that Jigglypuff isn't suppose to be level 100 in your hack... Great. Now I'm going to have to start all over again or try to find a way to fix the glitch.

Last edited:

Ttar0914

Years
there will be a mega politoed for the ones who choose to evolve poliwhirl to him?

Actually no, because Politoed is not one of Red's Pokemon, it's Poliwrath instead. And this is actually also the wrong thread, you were supposed to post it on the Adventure Red thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
Looks like I was wrong about your hack not being hackable. I managed to delete the Lvl 100 Jigglypuff and replaced it with a Lvl 30 one that was originally a Rattata I caught (thanks to the save editor). Hope there won't be any grave consequences from this action (like untriggered events in the future), but it's sure a much more practical solution than restarting the entire game again.

Also, I managed to swap Nido's ability and all of the Pokemon's natures as well using the save editor. That's one problem resolved. Now the only thing I'm worried about is Jiggly's future in-game events being triggered or not...

Edit:
And now I have an infinite money glitch stuck on my save... Great... Ah well.

Edit2:
Wow. Okay. So it looks like a lot more things are screwed up with my current playthrough than I had thought. For starters, I don't have the Super Rod or HM 03, unlike the others who posted their playthroughs on YouTube. So it looks like I really have to restart the whole damn thing again anyway. Terrific.

Last edited:
Years
Looks like I was wrong about your hack not being hackable. I managed to delete the Lvl 100 Jigglypuff and replaced it with a Lvl 30 one that was originally a Rattata I caught (thanks to the save editor). Hope there won't be any grave consequences from this action (like untriggered events in the future), but it's sure a much more practical solution than restarting the entire game again.

Also, I managed to swap Nido's ability and all of the Pokemon's natures as well using the save editor. That's one problem resolved. Now the only thing I'm worried about is Jiggly's future in-game events being triggered or not...

Edit:
And now I have an infinite money glitch stuck on my save... Great... Ah well.

Edit2:
Wow. Okay. So it looks like a lot more things are screwed up with my current playthrough than I had thought. For starters, I don't have the Super Rod or HM 03, unlike the others who posted their playthroughs on YouTube. So it looks like I really have to restart the whole damn thing again anyway. Terrific.

That is because in beta 2 you do not get HM 03 and Super Rod, but in Beta 1 you did in Hoenn, so that is not a problem.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
So I'm guessing the "City Secret" chapter is the latest chapter so far, seeing as I'm unable to proceed further from Vermilion City? It's kinda a short hack, but it's not bad overall, aside from the few bugs that annoyed me.

Will be looking forward to the next update for the Green Chapter. Hope that Red Chapter will be longer as I'll be playing that next while waiting. :3

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Yah! No more glitches! Well except in Beta 1, the cook outside in the route. He used to give you some useful things but now in Beta 2.6, all he says is that he gives me no more. I was all like:

But dude! You didn't even gave me a sample in the first place!

On the bright side, at least I got a Mudkip from that cop! I'm taking my time to finish the Beta so the adventure can last, but keep up the good work on the hack! And hopefully the game doesn't turn evil on you and glitch again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back