• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aerial Emerald (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Well it's gonna be extremely hard.

The problem is that the only other way to get pokemon properly EV trained is by breeding them, and Fire Red predates the methods imlimented in emerald to make it less of a hassle, especially since breeding could only be done post game. The EV berries reduced EVs by ten points and aised happiness, thus cutting out the unecessary requirement to redo your team from scratch. Before then the berries that emerald had since used to create the EV berries had no use other than to make pokeblock. And FR/LG didn't have contest halls, which means not even that will be possible with this rom base. And with how tough Emerald's elite 4 are, EV training becomes vital.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • The problem is that the only other way to get pokemon properly EV trained is by breeding them, and Fire Red predates the methods imlimented in emerald to make it less of a hassle, especially since breeding could only be done post game. The EV berries reduced EVs by ten points and aised happiness, thus cutting out the unecessary requirement to redo your team from scratch. Before then the berries that emerald had since used to create the EV berries had no use other than to make pokeblock. And FR/LG didn't have contest halls, which means not even that will be possible with this rom base. And with how tough Emerald's elite 4 are, EV training becomes vital.

ev berries are in the game!!! when i said it's gonna be extremely hard i meant the contests... The Hoenn E4 is one of the easiest in pokemon history... If you need ev training for everything you're not a real trainer.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    (Facepalms) Ok I wasn't sure what you ment by hard considering I apologize, besides that I didn't know that anyone could enable the EV berries in fire red yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Small tile errors I noticed:
    XArivgq.png

Don't use the X/Y flip for the ledges, the shading doesn't look good at all mirrored. If you can find another ledge tile for the other direction, use it instead.

BWJ4RDV.png

On the bottom part, the corner tiles of the rock tile don't connect to the other part of the rock properly.

Not sure if these have already been fixed, but I thought I'd mention them anyways. :) Good luck with everything.

anonyboy

Years
  • Small tile errors I noticed:
    XArivgq.png

Don't use the X/Y flip for the ledges, the shading doesn't look good at all mirrored. If you can find another ledge tile for the other direction, use it instead.

BWJ4RDV.png

On the bottom part, the corner tiles of the rock tile don't connect to the other part of the rock properly.

Not sure if these have already been fixed, but I thought I'd mention them anyways. :) Good luck with everything.
    thanks for the mention... i'll fix em! but i really don't have space in my major tileset... ill try to use
    some up right now!

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    When is this game coming out ? And will it be complete and will there be a download link for gba emulators ? Im curious i would really want to play this game it looks awesome

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • When is this game coming out ? And will it be complete and will there be a download link for gba emulators ? Im curious i would really want to play this game it looks awesome

They'll obviously be downloads for GBA emulators since it's a GBA hack... :|

And it'll be complete if everyone on the teams does what they're suppose to. And it comes out whenever it does...

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Well the storyline looks good and a good idea of all 300 Pokemon consisting from gen 1-6 and bw repel system makes it more interesting, good luck with it

anonyboy

Years
  • Well the storyline looks good and a good idea of all 300 Pokemon consisting from gen 1-6 and bw repel system makes it more interesting, good luck with it

I keep it 300 cause i don't want the player to be bloated with pokemon...
    Also i picked each and every pkmn in the game based on how it fits in the hoenn terrain...
    As of an example: all safari exstension pokemon are in the regional dex since they are actually in Hoenn.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I keep it 300 cause i don't want the player to be bloated with pokemon...
    Also i picked each and every pkmn in the game based on how it fits in the hoenn terrain...
    As of an example: all safari exstension pokemon are in the regional dex since they are actually in Hoenn.

did you get the files for the box art?

anonyboy

Years
  • They'll obviously be downloads for GBA emulators since it's a GBA hack... :|

And it'll be complete if everyone on the teams does what they're suppose to. And it comes out whenever it does...

Well Blackstorm, we are near the 1st alpha... almost all mapping is done and i'm near finishing the OW's, after you insert the pokemon our scripter will insert his scripts in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back