• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: -=~//::Pokemon Amethyst::\\~=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    in my opinion, id rather have events like these with a small glitch that effects hardly anything than have no special events at all.
    edit: I also figured out how to make overworld battle events like ho-oh/lugia in the game.

So what would everyone like to see in the game as a one off pokemon? I can replace the snorlax sprite so it can be a big overworld like kyogre or rayquaza even. SO do you want a pokemon like that or do you want a pokmeon such as rukario or deoxys? Give me some ideas.

Last edited:

shrty55

ExcellentSpriter NotHacker
    Years
  • hey if your still thinging of the names for those pokemon how about these?
    Tignitik-Tigtam or however you want them

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    Update: Just showing off some more of my new scripting abilities. Ive managed to make my most complex event so far: a yes no text box and a name rival event all in one. In the 4th town you can find you rivals house where her parents live. They will ask you if you have sen there daughter, if you say yes you get to name your rival. This gets rid of the policeman glitch in the lab aswell beecause i can now remove that event.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    just thought id tell everyone that the beta will be out in a few days. All i have a little bit of text and some trainer battle edits and itll be ready.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    ^^^Yea it was but i realized how close i was to finishing and im on break right now so i figured i could finish up by sunday. Are you still willing to help with sprites DM? theres alot of sprites i still need for the beta. I know your busy with your own hack now but i need to know if i need to look for a new spriter.

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
  • Awesome, so around this sunday, the beta will be released? Cos if that is so, then that's awesome, cos I've been waiting to play this n_n

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    DM:
    -a Kankrake overworld sprite but only the front pose(i also need back pics for the whole line but he isnt catchable in the beta just plays a part in the stpryline.)
    -i need the walking poses for the noop overworld
    -grass gym leader sprites and overworld.

i think thats pretty much it

oh yeah does anyone know how to edit hiro's back pic?

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I will post them before Sunday

Here is the walking Noop.
    -=~//::Pokemon Amethyst::\\~=-

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    ^i need the sideways walking sprite aswell

good news, i managed to fix the wild pokemon bug. The compare button is really useful. Apparently GM 1.6 has this bug that when you edit a map, it inserts a few random? bytes infront of the wild pokemon data, usually a pair like 00 00 or 0a 0a or something and this screws the wild pokemon data up. Anyway its fixed now and i dont have to work around this anoying glitch anymore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    yes there are 2 different forms of new pokemon in this hack, genetically altered pokemon(new types, palette, moveset etc) and there are around 15 completely new types of pokemon found around the new region.

i fixed thie glitch by doing tests in translhextion. I took 2 gold clean roms. opened one in goldmap 1.6 and one in translhextion. In GM i opened one of the routes that got glitched up. I changed the first wild pokemon to bulbasaur because i knew that it had something to do with wildpokemon data and this allowed me to see where the problem actually is. I go to the still clean rom in translhextion and use the compare button. This lists the offsets of any differencees in the roms. I saw 2 results, one the byte that i change to a 01(bulbasaur) and 2 other bytes right infront of this(not always 2 bytes). I knew i had found the problem. So i opened up my hacked rom in a hexeditor and went to the offset of the unwanted changed bytes and looked at the correct bytes in the clean rom. Changed them to the same and that fixed the problem. Get it?

Also, ive only got some small text edits to be finished and i actually have done a few extra maps that will be in the beta that werent originally intented. You will be able to travel up to the 5th town but wont be able to go in. Im still trying to think of something clever to do with National Park.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I've got to do the side walking aswell! I shouldn't of gone out all day because I have less time to finish these.

Here are the new gym leader sprites. sorry if they're a bit shoddy.

EDIT: I finally.... finished.....them all.*faints*

Or maybe you wanted this one.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back