• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bangBANG || Productions/Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • bangbangTOPBANNER1.png
    Anything posted under bangBANG belongs to it's rightful owner and is not to be used unless given permission (unless it's for advertisement purposes, then it's ok). Anything used from another person is given credit to where needed. Games that ROM hacks are based off of belong to their original owner, likely GAMEFREAK/Nintendo and is not to be distributed or anything pirate related. Pirates are cool, but not when it's you.
    introducbangbang.png

Hello, I'm Cello, and I am bangBANG's director or whatever you want to call it. More about me: I text way too much and drink iced coffee.​
    Anyways.
    bangBANG's sole purpose is not only a hacking team, but somewhat of a multiple hack productions label. You can join our team and help out the creation of one hack already labeled under bangBANG (if you meet the hacks required position criteria), or even have us showcase your own hack under bangBANG.
    Reasons why you would want to showcase under bangBANG: Being new to hacking, I hope to bring very interesting and unique hacks to the table, and I feel that I cannot do this alone. If you're interested in creating a hack that stands out from the rest, then perhaps bangBANG is the right choice for you?
    Unfortunately, I do not accept just anybody/hack. You have to show some impressive work.

newsbangbang.png

• Thread was created... I hope? - 9/16/09
    • Manipulation [Is Sexy] joins the team.
    • SphericalIce joins the team.

teammembers.png
    .CELLO
    Hack skills: Mapper, Tile Inserter, Spriting/Animations, Music Composition, Basic Scripting.
    Other Skills:
    Graphic Designer, Conecpt Artist, Writer, Musician, Years of game making experience, talented in programs like Photoshop, Coder.

Project:
    Crossroads (Project Leader).

PM, VM

.MANIPULATION - Do NOT Request Assistance.
    Hack Skills: Everything. Extreme scripter.
    Project(s): Pokemon Shinite(Semi-Private Project), Crossroads (XSE Scripter)

.SPHERICALICE - Do NOT Request Assistance.
    Hack Skills: Spriter, Intermediate Scripter.
    Project(s):
    Pokemon enCODED (Leader), Crossroads (XSE Scripter)

PM, VM, Hotmail (e-mail for hotmail in my profile).

.JESSE[TB PRO]
    Hack Skills: Basic Scripter, Mapper, Tile Inserter, Other stuff
    Project(s): Pokemon Mahogany Version

currentprojects.png

Pokemon Crossroads

Team: Cello (Creator, Artist, Mapper, Tile inserter, spriter, music composer, part-scripter), Manipulation (XSE Scripter), SphericalIce (XSE Scripter)
    Looking for: N/A
    Description: Freedom as a pokemon trainer at it's finest! Explore the vast region of Kippal at your own pace in any particular order. Shape your story as a trainer in Crossroads.

Pokémon Shinite

Team: Manipulation, Chibi Robo and many others who know who they are.
    Looking For:
    Anybody really, we have everything filled. So, we don't need any more members but if you want to help post here. Spriters and graphic makers etc. Are the highest priority.
    Description:
    Team members will be filled in on this.

Pokemon enCODED (coming soon!)
    Team: Spherical Ice
    Looking for:
    OW Spriter
    Description:
    Agent! Gem-Ex has gone missing, and we're relying on YOU to retreive it! Got the guts to play enCODED?

Pokemon: Mahogany Version
    Team: Jesse [TB Pro]
    Looking For: N/A
    Description:
    You're excited, as today is your fifteenth birthday, the day you get your Pokémon! Sadly enough, your mother has fallen ill, aand you must stay home on this wonderous day. Luckily, Professor Larch has given your neighbor a Pokémon for you, and thus begins your Pokémon journey. Collect Gym badges to gain access to the famed Time Machine grounds in Hevaron City, to ultimatly become a Pokémon Master! Along the way foil the evil plots of the wicked Team Snagga, and discover the legend of the famed Hermit, and his quest to find Celebi, the region's guardian.

lookingfor.png

To anybody applying to ANYTHING here, you must meet the basic requirements. You must be friendly, willing to work hard, and most of all GOOD GRAMMAR. I will personally pop you upside your head if you 1337 speak this.
    To people applying their hacks under bangBANG, your hack must be appropriate. No hack that would be far from an actual pokemon game. I.E. extreme violence, foul language. You get the idea.

Application said:
    Position:
    Skills:
    Proof of work/Hack:
    Past experience:
    Contact information:
    Other Details(Optional):

bangBANG hiring:

• Hackers.
    Description of position: bangBANG is looking for hackers to join with their hacks. Doing so I will gladly provide you with everything you need in order to get your hack underway, such as means of advertisement and media for your hack's thread. I also will be updating this post with your hack's information and your requests for a team, and anything else that you need. When applying for this position be sure to list your hack and all of it's achievemnts so far. Remember, I am looking for something that stands out from the crowd.
    CROSSROADS hiring:

• No position posted.
    Description: No position is needed as of now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm totally joining, mainly because of the thread's subtitle. xD

Skills: Spriter, Intermediate Scripter
    Proof of work/Hack: Well, I've done a few hacks, but they were all pretty bad. I' currently making one, though, called enCoded. I'm making a big script, and I'll give it to you when it's done. Check 'Spherical Sprites' for my spriting skills. I can also use GIMP. I'm okay at Mapping, but not cities and towns. Only small routes and islands.
    Past experience: Well, I've been spriting for four years, and hacking for three.
    Contact information: PM, VM, Hotmail (e-mail for hotmail in my profile).
    Other Details: I love your hack, but haven't yet posted. I dunno if 19 year olds and 11 year old work well together, however. =P

Hope I get the spot!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I'm totally joining, mainly because of the thread's subtitle. xD

Skills: Spriter, Intermediate Scripter
    Proof of work/Hack: Well, I've done a few hacks, but they were all pretty bad. I' currently making one, though, called enCoded. I'm making a big script, and I'll give it to you when it's done. Check 'Spherical Sprites' for my spriting skills. I can also use GIMP. I'm okay at Mapping, but not cities and towns. Only small routes and islands.
    Past experience: Well, I've been spriting for four years, and hacking for three.
    Contact information: PM, VM, Hotmail (e-mail for hotmail in my profile).
    Other Details: I love your hack, but haven't yet posted. I dunno if 19 year olds and 11 year old work well together, however. =P

Hope I get the spot!

Thanks for your interest. I like your sprite work! If I needed a spriter I wouldn't hesitate to hire you on that one.
    I'm excited to see your script, too.

I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if anybody else puts in applications before reaching a verdict.

Thanks again.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • That's new and original. A production team that releases hacks under the name.

When I release the first Beta of my hack, I might apply for either the label thingy or as a hack member. :) Although school is slowing down my hacking time dramatically, I'll get it done. But most likely, it'd be the label thingy. :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • a cello great to see the team threads up :D
    I can map script and sprite basicly anything you want :D also I am putting in my hack Pokemon Light to be labled under bangBANG :D you know my hack if you want to see more of it I will send you the hack so for viva PM

oh also my hack won hack of the week :D

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • skilz: basik skriptr mapr til insrtr othr stuf
    pruf uf wurk/Hakz: i had 3 haks b4 1 iz in da skrapbox u luk at it b4
    Past xperiens: hakz luk at mi profil 4 dem
    kontakt in4mashun: [email protected] mi msn adres
    uther deetalz(opshunl): u gun smak me?

Spoiler:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Skills: Spriter of any kind, Ow Maker (Especially D/P Sized OWs)
    Proof of work/Hack: I Will PM them to you when you answers for privacy reason
    Past experience: Ive been much longer than my profile i created this profile, but ive been working on several games that i created, like Pokemon Dark Horizon and Pokemon Suijouki.
    Contact information: [email protected] or [email protected]
    Other Details(Optional):

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Yeah, this looks stunning.

Skills: Everything, but I'm only willing to script really.
    Proof of work/Hack: Pokémon Shinite, I don't really have much to show. I like to keep things private :/ I guess asking me to do a script is proof. I don't want to go around revealing my hack's scripts.
    Past experience: Been hacking for a while now, I am very experienced in level scripting, you've got no problem there.
    Contact information: [email protected]
    Other Details(Optional): Well, you could imagine I'm a very busy person. So, I'm not going to be that free. So, I could do you some scripts every now and then. Just saying to the public, this offer is only for Cello. Please, don't think I'm free and start PM'ing me asking for things.. Again.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Yeah, this looks stunning.

Proof of work/Hack: Pokémon Shinite, I don't really have much to show. I like to keep things private :/ I guess asking me to do a script is proof. I don't want to go around revealing my hack's scripts.
    Past experience: Been hacking for a while now, I am very experienced in level scripting, you've got no problem there.
    Other Details(Optional): Well, you could imagine I'm a very busy person. So, I'm not going to be that free. So, I could do you some scripts every now and then. Just saying to the public, this offer is only for Cello. Please, don't think I'm free and start PM'ing me asking for things.. Again.

Wow, if Manipulation wants to join, that means something REALLY awesome! I wish you luck Cello, and I would offer to Tile Insert, but you can already do that so well.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hey Cello, your hack is really interesting. I want to join your team, if I can. I'm on break with Eon Legends, so I'm free.

Skills: Everything that you command me, but I'm really willing to script.
    Proof of Work/Hacks: For proof of scripting, you could ask Q-Bone, or ask me ask script and I'll send it to you via PM. Also my hack, Eon Legends, is on hold while I insert the tiles correctly.
    Past Experience: Pokemon Celebi Chronicles Head Scripter, my hacks (which some are failed and some are still continued).
    Contact Information: PM, VM or ask me my email via PM.
    Other Details(Optional): I can check grammar errors too, by the way. If Manipulation is joining, then I must have a low chance of joining the team :(
    P.S.- I can also map :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • skilz: basik skriptr mapr til insrtr othr stuf

Spoiler:
    Jessie did you do that on purpose just to mess with cello. cello I know Jessie his grammar isn't that bad :P also wow some of the best hackers real like your hack it speaks volumes

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Lol! With all these good hackers joining, I have no chance whatsoever. :P

Skills:
    Tile Inserting, Spriting, Animations
    Proof of work/Hack: I'm working on a Fire Red hack with the storyline centering on Lucario but its still in the pre-Scrapbox stages (except for the tiles and title-screen; those are almost finished). And I've done some spriting but never anything too major.
    Past experience: Tile Inserting (enough for a ROM-base), Title-Screen editing, spriting, and other various minor edits. I was a spriter for a now dead hack; and have participated in many sprite contests on another website.
    Contact information: [email protected], PM, VM, yelling at me...
    Other Details(Optional): I made tree tiles! (It's not very good, so I didn't put it with proof of work.)

Spoiler:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oh lordy, I went to sleep for seven hours and come back to find out that this thread is... well... BANGin'.
    Bad pun, I know. I'm still waking up. ;P

Everybody applying for crossroad's scripter, please read the very bottom of this post!

skilz: basik skriptr mapr til insrtr othr stuf

Spoiler:

*smack* What I tell you 'bout talkin' like that? >: O
    Haha, nah, just kidding.

Man I should have put a position field in the application.
    Would you like me to showcase Mahogany under bangBANG? Doing so I'll provide a thread layout and some banners as needed.

Skills: Spriter of any kind, Ow Maker (Especially D/P Sized OWs)
    Proof of work/Hack: I Will PM them to you when you answers for privacy reason
    Past experience: Ive been much longer than my profile i created this profile, but ive been working on several games that i created, like Pokemon Dark Horizon and Pokemon Suijouki.
    Contact information: [email protected] or [email protected]
    Other Details(Optional):

If you're applying your hack to be showcased under bangBANG then please feel free to PM me with anything if you need to so you can keep it private. I'll be more than happy to look over your stuff.
    Hope to see it soon! :)

Hey, Cello! Sent you mah script! Also, could my upcoming hack, enCoded, be under bangBANG? Obviously not yet, but when it's posted?

Sure thing, lemme see enCoded whenever you got it up!
    I'll be taking a peek at your script any second now.

Yeah, this looks stunning.

No need to worry about the busy thing too much! The scripter position isn't timed or anything. I'll just basically send the foundations of the script and you can send it or throw it together into a .rbc whenever, so long as it's not like 2-3 weeks later or something haha. :D
    I'll edit the script with the offsets and do the compilation.

As for doing a script for proof, I'm going to set a test script for anybody to try at the bottom of the post.
    If you're still interested in it you should try it! :)

Hey Cello, your hack is really interesting. I want to join your team, if I can. I'm on break with Eon Legends, so I'm free.

Skills: Everything that you command me, but I'm really willing to script.
    Proof of Work/Hacks: For proof of scripting, you could ask Q-Bone, or ask me ask script and I'll send it to you via PM. Also my hack, Eon Legends, is on hold while I insert the tiles correctly.
    Past Experience: Pokemon Celebi Chronicles Head Scripter, my hacks (which some are failed and some are still continued).
    Contact Information: PM, VM or ask me my email via PM.
    Other Details(Optional): I can check grammar errors too, by the way. If Manipulation is joining, then I must have a low chance of joining the team :(
    P.S.- I can also map :)

Not to worry! Nothing's set in stone just yet. I'm about to create a test script for anybody applying to be the scripter to throw together.
    Also, if you want any of your hacks showcased then lemme see those sucka's!
    Gah, what the hell happened to me when I slept? >_>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anybody applying to be the scripter:
    Here is a test script that you can throw together and send to me if you don't have anything you wish to share. If you're interested, feel free to complete it and send it my way in a PM preferably.

Details:
    Rom: Fire Red
    This is a rival event. The second you step down the stairs you see your rival talking to a neighbor.
    How to activate:
    Simply walk down the stairs in front of your house. (I'll worry with setting this)
    A-Map sprite/x&y details:
    - This script will be set on three different tiles on the map.
    Tile 1: X:0B Y:16
    Tile 2: X:0C Y:16
    Tile 3: X:0D Y:16
    - The rivals person event number is 1.
    - The neighbor's person event number is 2.
    - [Rival] represents what Gary's name would have been when you set it in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Run-through of how it would be during gameplay:
    [Rival]Jumps in place twice, then has a "X" box appears over her head.
    [Rival]: Grr... Where is [players name]?! They're keeping us waiting!
    Tommy: Chill out, he's probably still waking up.
    Rival walks back and forth on tiles position X: 0D Y:18 AND X:0C Y:18 two times, then faces north and gets a "!" box over her head.
    [Rival]: FINALLY, [player]! We've been waiting for decades!
    [>][>] [orange text]You wonder what everyone's in such a rush for.
    Tommy: Well... y'know, there really is nothing to do...
    [Rival]: No! You see, today's a very special day!
    Tommy: Huh?.. What's going on are you moving?
    [Rival]: Shh, not exactly. C'mon, follow me and I'll show you two.
    [Rival] Jumps in place, the walks two tiles east, three tiles south, and then east until she's off the screen.
    Tommy walks 3 tiles east, three tiles south, and then east until he's off the screen.
    You are then able to control your character again. The script ends and can never be accessed again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a fairly simple code compared to others but this judged on how it's thrown together and the application will be the deal breaker.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Okay, I've finished the script. Didn't take long, PM me for it. Might have some mistakes, quite rusty. But nothing that isn't fixable. It compiled perfectly, I haven't checked for further mistakes though.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • okay I finished the script its in pksv (i am better and more confertable with pksv but I cna convert it to xse if you want)
    here is the script I will also vm it to you

#org 0x8800000
    '-----------------------------------
    lock
    checkflag 0x300
    if true jump 0x8800A00 ' Flag is set
    applymovement CAMERA 0x8800100
    pauseevent 0x0
    applymovement 0x1 0x8800200
    pauseevent 0x0
    msgbox 0x8800300 '
    callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
    applymovement 0x2 0x8800400
    pauseevent 0x0
    msgbox 0x8800500
    applymovement 0x1 0x8800600
    applymovement CAMARA 0x8800150
    pauseevent 0x0
    msgbox 0x8800700 '
    textcolor 0x5
    msgbox 0x8800800 '
    tescoolor 0x1
    msgbox 0x8800900 '
    msgbox 0x8800B00
    applymovement 0x2 0x8800C00
    pauseevent 0x0
    msgbox 0x8800D00
    applymovement 0x1 0x8800E00
    pauseevent 0x0
    msgbox 0x8800F00
    applymovement 0x1 0x8801000
    applymovement 0x2 0x8801100
    pauseevent 0x0
    disappear 0x1
    disappear 0x2
    setflag 0x300
    release
    end

#org 0x8800A00
    release
    end

#org 0x8800100
    M walk_right end

#org 0x8800200
    M jump_right jump_right say_X end

#org 0x8800300
    = Grr...\Where is \v\h01?!\n They're keeping us waiting!

#org 0x8800500
    = Chill out\he's probably still waking up[.]

#org 0x8800400
    M look_left say_:) end

#org 0x8800600
    M run_left run_right walk_left walk_right look_up say_! end

#org 0x8800150
    M walk_left end

#org 0x8800700
    = FINALLY,\v\h01!\nWe've been waiting for decades!

#org 0x8800800
    = You wonder what everyone's\in such a rush for[.]

#org 0x8800900
    = Well... y'know\there really is nothing to do\

#org 0x8800B00
    = No!\nYou see, today's a very special day!

#org 0x8800C00
    M look_up look_left look_up end

#org 0x8800D00
    = Huh?\nWhat's going on are you moving?

#org 0x8800E00
    M look_right end

#org 0x8800F00
    = Shh, not exactly[.]\nC'mon, follow me\pI'll show you two[.]

#org 0x8801000
    m say_! walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

#org 0x8801100
    m walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Hello,
    The decision has been made extremely early, and I'm very happy to say that both SphericalIce and Manipulation will be the main XSE scripters on Crossroads.
    The position for main XSE scripter for crossroads is now closed.
    Manipulation has requested that you not bother him about scripting requests, so please don't. I dunno about SphericalIce's work requests.

If you wish to apply your hack to bangBANG, post it! Or send it!
    If you already have, I'm still in the process of checking it. I've been pretty busy responding to stuff and trying my best to work on some maps at the same time.

Lol! With all these good hackers joining, I have no chance whatsoever. :P

Skills:
    Tile Inserting, Spriting, Animations
    Proof of work/Hack: I'm working on a Fire Red hack with the storyline centering on Lucario but its still in the pre-Scrapbox stages (except for the tiles and title-screen; those are almost finished). And I've done some spriting but never anything too major.
    Past experience: Tile Inserting (enough for a ROM-base), Title-Screen editing, spriting, and other various minor edits. I was a spriter for a now dead hack; and have participated in many sprite contests on another website.
    Contact information: [email protected], PM, VM, yelling at me...
    Other Details(Optional): I made tree tiles! (It's not very good, so I didn't put it with proof of work.)

Spoiler:

Cool sprites you've got there Lunatic-X!
    Unfortunately Crossroads is the only hack under bangBANG right now and doesn't need spriting or anything.
    If you want though when you get your hack up you can show it to me and I can put you in the team for showcase purposes if it meets the requirements! :)

You could always check back here too because you never know when someone will need a spriter or mapper.

Thanks again everyone.

Years
  • Same thing applies for me as it does with Manipulation - don't go PMing me please.

Anyway, thanks for the job position, Cello! Hope, once it's up, bangBANG will host enCoded. (Hey, just realised, the team name is lowercaseCAPS, and so's my title. XD What a coincidence)

I hope we become a sucess! (Btw, Cello, you have a MSN account?)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Yeah Cello, add Mahogany to the team thread if you would. Thanks. If you ever need something that I can do, feel free to hit me up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back