• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    Hey I just downloaded this last night and I'm already having a lot of fun. I just have a couple of questions tho. 1. Is torchic really available on route 104? Because on ur guide it says it's a 1% encounter but I've been trying for about a hour and still won't encounter it. Ralts is a 1% encounter as well but I found it after like 20 mins. Second thing I wanted to ask, do the normal emerald cheats work on this version? Or will it mess up something?

Years
  • Hey I just downloaded this last night and I'm already having a lot of fun. I just have a couple of questions tho. 1. Is torchic really available on route 104? Because on ur guide it says it's a 1% encounter but I've been trying for about a hour and still won't encounter it. Ralts is a 1% encounter as well but I found it after like 20 mins. Second thing I wanted to ask, do the normal emerald cheats work on this version? Or will it mess up something?

Yes, it is.
    Some cheats should work but I think wild modifiers will not, not too sure what else will or won't

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    I'm Having alot of fun playing the moemon version of this rom hack. Only improvement I can think of is if it was possible to change the gender ratio to favor female for all possible pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    So, I've 100% finished my Pokedex in this game. This is actually the first time I have completed a Pokedex in a Pokemon game and I have enjoyed doing it. I really appreciate you making a hack where this is not only possible but enjoyable to do so. As feedback, for having caught all the Pokemon, I'd recommend the following:
    - I would tend to avoid low encounter rates in the safari zone, which also have low catch rates. This is especially the case for Lapras, with the added time of fishing.
    - The low encounter rate Pokemon on the whole I don't mind as I usually just set my emulator speed to x16 to make it go by fast. However, for those who don't wish to do that I could see there being a few too many low encounter rate Pokemon. I think starters are fine to be low encounter rates, but it's not necessary for Pokemon like the Hitmon's and Jynx.
    - I think some Pokemon could be spread out to add a bit more variety to where you capture them. For example, you could replace the usual Tentacool/Wingull Pokemon in the water around Shoal Cave with Lapras and Seel, and the Golbat within the cave with some other ice types instead of just Spheal. At the moment, the area feels a bit sparse, with overly stuffed encounters in the Ice Room. I think having Pokemon spread out so you have to explore every corner of the map provides more interest than the low encounter rates. In keeping with that, some Pokemon which appear all over the place such as Zubat/Golbat could be changed to appear a bit less and make areas more interesting.
    - On a positive note, I actually enjoyed having Pokemon like Scyther evolve by leveling up as opposed to an item. I never found the items to be a particularly interesting method for evolving Pokemon and I mostly feel Game Freak uses them as a sort of explanation as to why they couldn't evolve in the previous generation.
    - Maybe you could also change what you receive from the Game Freak guy for completing your Pokedex. I always thought it was a bit of a dull reward for what is quite a lengthy task haha

Those are my main points of feedback, so let me know what you think. I do have some more minor points but didn't want to overload you with things atm. Feel free to ask any questions about catching certain Pokemon.

Now I'm off to finish the Battle Frontier. 6 Silvers and 1 Gold so far, hopefully I can make that all Golds with my whole Box of EV and IV trained Pokemon haha

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, I've 100% finished my Pokedex in this game. This is actually the first time I have completed a Pokedex in a Pokemon game and I have enjoyed doing it. I really appreciate you making a hack where this is not only possible but enjoyable to do so. As feedback, for having caught all the Pokemon, I'd recommend the following:
    - I would tend to avoid low encounter rates in the safari zone, which also have low catch rates. This is especially the case for Lapras, with the added time of fishing.
    - The low encounter rate Pokemon on the whole I don't mind as I usually just set my emulator speed to x16 to make it go by fast. However, for those who don't wish to do that I could see there being a few too many low encounter rate Pokemon. I think starters are fine to be low encounter rates, but it's not necessary for Pokemon like the Hitmon's and Jynx.
    - I think some Pokemon could be spread out to add a bit more variety to where you capture them. For example, you could replace the usual Tentacool/Wingull Pokemon in the water around Shoal Cave with Lapras and Seel, and the Golbat within the cave with some other ice types instead of just Spheal. At the moment, the area feels a bit sparse, with overly stuffed encounters in the Ice Room. I think having Pokemon spread out so you have to explore every corner of the map provides more interest than the low encounter rates. In keeping with that, some Pokemon which appear all over the place such as Zubat/Golbat could be changed to appear a bit less and make areas more interesting.
    - On a positive note, I actually enjoyed having Pokemon like Scyther evolve by leveling up as opposed to an item. I never found the items to be a particularly interesting method for evolving Pokemon and I mostly feel Game Freak uses them as a sort of explanation as to why they couldn't evolve in the previous generation.
    - Maybe you could also change what you receive from the Game Freak guy for completing your Pokedex. I always thought it was a bit of a dull reward for what is quite a lengthy task haha

Those are my main points of feedback, so let me know what you think. I do have some more minor points but didn't want to overload you with things atm. Feel free to ask any questions about catching certain Pokemon.

Now I'm off to finish the Battle Frontier. 6 Silvers and 1 Gold so far, hopefully I can make that all Golds with my whole Box of EV and IV trained Pokemon haha

Appreciate the feedback, congrats on completing the dex!
    I've been thinking a lot about the current state of the wild locations, the abundance of Wingull and others really support your point about spreading out the wilds, the only variety being fishing isn't enough. I usually use speed-up while playing as well so the low encounter chances don't bother me but it has been brought up enough to make me want to change it.

What would be an alternative reward for completing the dex anyway? I mean at that point you don't need anything else lol

Good luck with the rest of the Battle Frontier!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    I agree that there isn't much else to obtain once the Dex is completed but I came up with a couple of things.

For Pokedex completion in Alpha Shapphire and Omega Ruby it seems you now receive an Oval Charm on Hoenn Dex completion and Shiny Charm on National Dex completion. The Oval Charm doesn't seem that useful as it only speeds up how long it takes to get an Egg at daycare, which can easily be done by speeding up the emulator. The Shiny Charm; however, makes encountering shiny Pokemon 3 times more likely. Given I have only encountered one shiny Pokemon in my entire playthrough (which was irritatingly the Charizard in the EV training area haha), that could be a reasonable reward.

You could perhaps introduce another training feature that wasn't available before. For example, you could have a move tutor which teaches a Pokemon any egg moves they can learn.

You could make it such that the Berry Mixing station has a table which has 3 Berry Masters on it, meaning it's super easy to produce high quality Pokeblocks for taking on the competitions.

Finally you could make a current Pokemon training service cheaper, such as the IV training in Rustboro.

Years
  • I've just finished the 8th gym, and...I would have to agree with the change of the low encounter rate. Some pokemon that are actually good are just...too rare to make it exceedingly time-consuming to hunt (same goes for starters).
    Also, having an egg move tutor available during the main story would be kind of nice.
    In addition, I think modifying trainer teams as well as all bosses' teams, such as giving them new pokemon or increased level difficulty would make the game a lot more fun and challenging.

Years
  • I agree that there isn't much else to obtain once the Dex is completed but I came up with a couple of things.

For Pokedex completion in Alpha Shapphire and Omega Ruby it seems you now receive an Oval Charm on Hoenn Dex completion and Shiny Charm on National Dex completion. The Oval Charm doesn't seem that useful as it only speeds up how long it takes to get an Egg at daycare, which can easily be done by speeding up the emulator. The Shiny Charm; however, makes encountering shiny Pokemon 3 times more likely. Given I have only encountered one shiny Pokemon in my entire playthrough (which was irritatingly the Charizard in the EV training area haha), that could be a reasonable reward.

You could perhaps introduce another training feature that wasn't available before. For example, you could have a move tutor which teaches a Pokemon any egg moves they can learn.

You could make it such that the Berry Mixing station has a table which has 3 Berry Masters on it, meaning it's super easy to produce high quality Pokeblocks for taking on the competitions.

Finally you could make a current Pokemon training service cheaper, such as the IV training in Rustboro.

Most of this I think is beyond my hacking skill. What I could do is have the GameFreak guy reward you by making one of your pokemon shiny, that's an idea/
    Only one you listed I can do is making the services cheaper

Years
  • I've just finished the 8th gym, and...I would have to agree with the change of the low encounter rate. Some pokemon that are actually good are just...too rare to make it exceedingly time-consuming to hunt (same goes for starters).
    Also, having an egg move tutor available during the main story would be kind of nice.
    In addition, I think modifying trainer teams as well as all bosses' teams, such as giving them new pokemon or increased level difficulty would make the game a lot more fun and challenging.

Modifying the teams is something I would happily implement but I am actually quite terrible at the strategy in pokemon (shame, I know) so should I get a list of changes that would up the difficulty to a fair amount, I would happily add it as an option (but I'd rather not do something Kaizo level)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    Most of this I think is beyond my hacking skill. What I could do is have the GameFreak guy reward you by making one of your pokemon shiny, that's an idea/
    Only one you listed I can do is making the services cheaper

I guess one thing which you could do (if it's possible) is to turn the GameFreak guy into a Shiny Switcher. Aka he'll switch any of your Pokemon to a shiny. That would actually be a pretty solid reward for Dex completion.

Years
  • Modifying the teams is something I would happily implement but I am actually quite terrible at the strategy in pokemon (shame, I know) so should I get a list of changes that would up the difficulty to a fair amount, I would happily add it as an option (but I'd rather not do something Kaizo level)

I see. That would be nice, as it would make the game more fun, while at the same time not being like a torture device in the same manor as Emerald Kaizo.
    You can either implement the difficulty upgrade into the main hack itself, or have it as an optional patch so people can choose between the default difficulty or the new difficulty level.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    One thing which may be helpful if anyone wanted to rebalance the Battle Frontier is this excel spreadsheet here (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/921905-pokemon-emerald-version/64727051) which documents all the trainers, move sets and Pokémon in the Battle Frontier. Unfortunately, whilst I would love to help in rebalancing, I'm not that great at strategy either. The only reason I've been able to do the Frontier so far is reading other people's guides haha

In saying that, I feel the easiest way to rebalance all areas of the game would be to introduce moves from later Generations to be able to take full advantage of the PSS split, and perhaps changing Pokémon to their evolutions introduced in Gen IV. For example, replacing one of Phoebe's Dusclops with a Dusknoir and one of Glacia's Glalie's with Froslass. An effective way of doing this could be to look at how they structured teams in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to better take advantage of the changes in moves, Pokémon, and the battle engine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2020
    Two questions:
    1. Does the guy who sets your Pokémon's level to 50 at the Battle Frontier only do it for the BF, and if not, why?
    2. When do you think you'll implement respawning legendaries?

Years
  • Two questions:
    1. Does the guy who sets your Pokémon's level to 50 at the Battle Frontier only do it for the BF, and if not, why?
    2. When do you think you'll implement respawning legendaries?

1. The pokemon's level is set to 50, period. You leave the frontier and it'll still be level fifty. Reason being that making an option to change it back would be a real tricky thing to script and the way I see it, due to the inherently different needs of the frontier vs the rest of the game, you're going to have two different sets of pokemon so you shouldn't need to un-reset their level.

2. The legendaries are currently wild spawning in mirage Island so if you need multiple you can get them there, if you meant the static encounters I'm not sure that I can give an accurate estimate, I've unfortunately been busy with other things real life has thrown at me lately

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Dive still bugged. i tried to apply the patch in a new rom, fresh, but when you try to use dive in overworld, it says ``div! dive?"

Back