• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Faze Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Okay, now I just realized that these Fakemon look flat. You should try to add some more shading.

I'll try sometime, but I don't know where TehSquidly has gotten off to...
Kirbychu is working too, but I think he's busy a lot. I think everyone is.
I'm definitely going to lighten that dark part of Briobulb's outline.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
this is looking good.
i like how the base is in the mart.

will you get promotions in the game?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Delwat-1.png

Delwat
Electric
A basic electric type pokemon that can evolve twice more.
Sprite by Kirbychu

Man, I can't believe it's been over a week since anyone posted here.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Update time! Screenshots!
Okay guys, why the heck hasn't this thread seen any action in almost a month?
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png

Just some shots of the inside of the Ghost HQ.
Screenshot4.png
Screenshot5.png

The entrance to a forest.

I'd like feedback, opinions, support, etc. (on the hack and ideas as a whole, not the screenies (but you're welcome to comment on those too))

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
the maps look prety good, but in
the top ones there isn't shading from the
boxes like there is from the walls.

bottom left the tree on the right of the
squares top part looks a little funny

but outside of that looks good.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Okay, so I've been doing a bit of rearranging inside of the Ghost base (I also fixed those shadows, siper).
But, more importantly, I think I know the direction I want to go in terms of the hero's look (the heroine will follow suit).
It's not final yet, I'll most likely change the hair color as well as do some tweaking.
Hero2.png

I decided to whip this up this afternoon since I was bored. Opinions?
Support Faze!

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Nice updates, and are all the first forms going to have those type of eyes?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Thanks guys.
5querty, what do you mean? If you mean the kind that Briobulb and Fizrikit have, triangular with color inside, then yes.

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
Years
I am "soooo" ready for work. Now I'm in school mode I should be okay for mapping and I might try doing some nice pictures of the starter pokemon!
Later

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
I am "soooo" ready for work. Now I'm in school mode I should be okay for mapping and I might try doing some nice pictures of the starter pokemon!
Later

Okay, cool. Sorry I've left you cold for so long. I'm going to try to work on the plot and scripting for the Ghost base tonight and tomorrow, hopefully I'll get it done (after Calc, Govt, Chem, bleh). Then I can send it back over to you for whatever you wanna do. Maybe the routes north and west of Atio?

Anyway, for everyone else reading this, please give feedback and support Faze Version!

Aberbecam

Banned
Years
Sorry if i am mistaken But wasn't that Rom Base was made by Synyster_Ziekku aka. Synyster_Lili? You have to credit him for that and if you inserted the tiles by your self then you don't need to credit him. xD

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Sorry if i am mistaken But wasn't that Rom Base was made by Synyster_Ziekku aka. Synyster_Lili? You have to credit him for that and if you inserted the tiles by your self then you don't need to credit him. xD

I'm too lazy to research whether Synyster_Ziekku made a similar ROM-base, but I can tell you that you are mistaken as far as my ROM-base. These are all Alistair (maybe Reck too, I can't remember) tiles inserted by me.
Trust me, I'm not some noob who just takes stuff from everywhere, conglomerates it in a heap of crap, and calls it a ROM hack.

Hey Curt Nice Updates - When can I do some work?

You can do the titlescreen if you want, although it might be tough since I've already fiddled around with it. Maybe the basic three OW frames for the hero?
Either way, I still have to come up with a good titlescreen idea...
Scratch that, spriter's resource is back up. Can you recolor the forest area image to something more sinister? Ghostly, dark, purple/indigo-ish... You know the effect. We'll then use that as a background on the titlescreen.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/pkmnbg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back