• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Faze Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • nice-i hope it will be done well=]

can you post on the first page(first messege)how the project is going?
    like:tileing 13% , scripting 12% and so on

that will be very nice=]

Well, seeing as how I don't know exactly how much I've got to do, I honestly can't give exact percentages. I could guesstimate, but I don't really like to. Just follow the updates. I'll post about how close we are to a release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Hey so can I have a beta of what you are doing so far? Looks really good, I personally hate games without fakemon

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    this sounds great cant wait for a beta. good luck with this.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Hey so can I have a beta of what you are doing so far? Looks really good, I personally hate games without fakemon

Thanks, but even if I had enough done for it to be playable, I wouldn't just be giving it out to people. It'll be released when it's ready.

this sounds great cant wait for a beta. good luck with this.

Thanks, be sure to check back for updates.

Waitwut, where is my Briobulb?

It's currently in the process of being recolored. I also took the liberty of tweaking his vines a little as well. I'll finish up and post the recolor tonight along with an update--hopefully. Things have been coming up that prevent me from working on it.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Wow, over a week since anyone's posted...
    Anyway, I'm still chipping away at this thing when I have time. I didn't get to do all of the things I wanted today, so there won't be a big update like I wanted. Hopefully tomorrow there will be new things to show, and some features I keep forgetting to mention.
    I've been doing scripting when I get the chance. Here's a screenie featuring part of one from last week.
    Pokemon Faze Version

Comment, or whatever. I'll be back tomorrow with a big update. Keep an eye out. ;)

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • The tiles and palletes are really nice Curt. Also, I really like your idea of no dependence on gyms. I have one question though. Will there be any of the original Pokemon in the game or just fakemon?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • The tiles and palletes are really nice Curt. Also, I really like your idea of no dependence on gyms. I have one question though. Will there be any of the original Pokemon in the game or just fakemon?

Oh yes, plenty. There will be around 200-250 Pokemon in the main part of the game, and only around 60 or so will be Fakemon.
    Aaaaand, my apologies to anyone who was actually looking forward to some kind of updates tonight. Life comes at you fast. :/

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Pokemon Faze Version

Hey there, it's that time again. Adventure Time!
    Update Time!
    General Progress
    Level scripts, tile scripts, NPC scripts, Mart scripts, you name 'em, I've done 'em. Of course, it takes a lot of scripts to make a game, and I'm nowhere near releasing anything yet.
    I made a new banner for the first post.
    Spoiler:

Features
    So, I may or may not have forgotten to mention a few features last update. The most important of these is RUNNING INDOORS! That's right folks, thanks to HackMew's Knowledge, I have successfully made it possible to run everywhere, indoors or out. You'll also start out with the Running Shoes--well, actually there is one tiny part where you can only walk. Umm, what was the other now? More new indoor tiles, I guess, if you'll look up a few posts at that screenshot. You also start the game off with a battle, and then *dun dun dun* a takepokemon script, made possible by JPAN's hacked engine.
    Fakemon
    I finally got around to recoloring 5qwerty's Briobulb sprite, as well as tweaking the vines a little to my liking. While I was at it, I also recolored Fizriket to match the colors of Flarewig. Man, that last update was a long time ago... Tadroli was completed a week or two ago (time flies, I can't rightly remember) by PokemonSkySD. So now, the starter trio is complete. Unfortunately, only Briobulb has a backsprite.
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

That's all for tonight, please feel free to tell me what you think. Post ideas for improvement, opinions on the ideas, criticism, whatever you want. I'll respond.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    Oh yes, plenty. There will be around 200-250 Pokemon in the main part of the game, and only around 60 or so will be Fakemon.

This game is looking pretty good, i like the idea of only having 60 or so fakemon, it makes the game feel more realistic. As long as those 200-250 include the most common favorites, this game has potential. Just remember not to give the player too much power (the game still needs to be a challenge)

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • This game is looking pretty good, i like the idea of only having 60 or so fakemon, it makes the game feel more realistic. As long as those 200-250 include the most common favorites, this game has potential. Just remember not to give the player too much power (the game still needs to be a challenge)

Thanks. I'm not going to make this game easy for the player, that's for sure. Call me sadistic, but I think sometimes you need a good challenge.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Pokemon Faze Version

Updates
    I know it's been quite a while, but life got busy on me. I'm here to let everyone know I'm still working on this though. I did one script. A single script. That's all I've gotten done on that front...
    Pokemon Faze Version

Fakemon
    This is where things get interesting--I haven't gotten any new sprites from my spriters in quite a while, so I decided I'd sprite a few myself. Tell me what you think.
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

I also made some changes to two of the starters.
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

Opinions?
    Plans
    Tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at composing music. I might do some more spriting or scripting, depending on how I feel.

First post is updated. *yawn* Time for bed.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Pokemon Faze Version

Updates
    I know it's been quite a while, but life got busy on me. I'm here to let everyone know I'm still working on this though. I did one script. A single script. That's all I've gotten done on that front...
    Pokemon Faze Version

Fakemon
    This is where things get interesting--I haven't gotten any new sprites from my spriters in quite a while, so I decided I'd sprite a few myself. Tell me what you think.
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

I also made some changes to two of the starters.
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version
    Pokemon Faze Version

Opinions?
    Plans
    Tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at composing music. I might do some more spriting or scripting, depending on how I feel.

First post is updated. *yawn* Time for bed.

Great Job Dude!
    But i think your story will be interesting!
    Because your hero won't collect badges and challenge Elite 4!
    I wish you good luck! ;)

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I like the idea and the new pokemon good luck

I'm glad you like them, although I wish you'd elaborate a little bit. Thanks anyway.

Like your idea, i wish you lock and i expect to hear from you when you have an release!

Hmm, I've never been wished lock before... :P
    I'm probably not going to go around contacting people when there's a release, just keep an eye on the thread and be sure to give feedback on the updates

haack16

MYTHBUSTER!
    Years
  • I will do!!!! Hehe. But aren't you going to have any gyms? Why don't have it as a pokemon school where you collect bagdes but the pokemons aren't in a high level or something like that;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Wow, this looks good!
    The sprites are amazing, I wish I could do that good!
    Good luck. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back