• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon HG/SS Soundtrack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I heard the Suicune Battle Music on Youtube and it's so pretty :3

And the National Park music is great :>

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Gotta say the Dark Cave music is still the best in my book. Loved it to pieces ten years ago, and I still love it now. It's just so darn awesome. o3o

The new Ecruteak music is pretty decent as well.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I've always loved the Olivine/Violet City music (especially in Gold. <3 it). The opening part of the theme is fantastic. I could listen to it all day. lol

I like the Game Corner music too. I like it in all the games (lurve techno).

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    My favorites are the National Park theme and the Viridian Forest theme. ^_^
    I really don't like the Ecruteak City theme...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merging with this other music thread - probably don't need another one to discuss which ones you like the most.

I need to hear more before deciding which ones I like the most, but I sure do have a number of favourites though. The Rival and Gym Leader battle music was great, along with the Ho-oh battle music and Kanto battle music, Eusine's theme music, the Champion music... while places like National Park, the Lighthouse, Tin Tower, Route 27, many of the Team Rocket themes, Dark Cave ... I suppose I could go on for some length. XD A shout out to the credits music as well.

There are a few tracks that aren't as impressive, but I think I just have to listen to them some more before I can really enjoy them, is all - for instance, Dragon's Den seemed to sound a bit odd at first but I quite like it now after a few listens. One must remember you can't always enjoy a song right off the bat. (And of course, not everyone is going to like the same as everyone else and obviously not every song is prefect).

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    The only theme in this game I'm truly disappointed by is the Kanto Gym Battle theme. The part where it just randomly goes into a higher pitch completely took me out of the moment while I was fighting Janine earlier. Perhaps I'll get used to it since I only fought one gym, but...

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    The pitch change is a call back to the original gym leader theme from RBY. While I really don't like it that much either, I just wanted to point out that the pitch change wasn't just random.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    The Lance/Red theme song is really awesome, the battle music is also great. I really like the soundtrack, it's polished up yet brings back memories =)

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    I'm really surprised with the OST of this games in fact, they did it pretty well.

I liked to revamps of the Rival, Wild Pokemon, Gym Leader (johto ones), Rocket.
    I find the new added themes for each legendary, rather nice, especially the Ho-Oh one, reminds me Goemon at some point.

My only complaint are the Kanto Battle themes.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Yeah, the Kanto themes are kind of meh compared to the Johto ones. Which is a shame because I kind of liked the Kanto themes better in the original games. Kanto Wild is still pretty good though.

Years
    Dunno if this has been said or not, and I don't know whether it has been remixed or not, but the Hoenn Route theme can be found on the Pokegear. I just thought that was awesome (some of the best music ever in my opinion).
    Also, the slightly remixed Groudon music was good.
    Still going for the national park and red battle music though.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Like I've said before, the Kanto Wild battle theme sounds pretty awesome. The first thing I did in Kanto was get into random encounters over and over again just to hear the awesome xylophone intro.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    It's a strange musical score, 1/4 of them kick ass, while 3/4 of them SUCK ass.

Examples of kickass remixes:

Johto Trainer Battle Theme
    Johto Gym Leader Theme
    Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle Theme
    Cerulean City Theme
    Sprout Tower
    (more to list but too lazy)

Bad remixes:

Rival Encounter Theme
    Surfing Music Theme (this might just be the worst)
    Kanto Trainer Battle Theme (would have been awesome if they hadn't taken out mine, and many other's favourite part)
    Lance Battle Theme
    Goldenrod City Theme (terrible terrible terrible)
    Indigo Plateau Theme (makes me want to drink my own vomit)
    Both Ho-Oh and Lugia Battle Themes (DAMNIT why not make it the original Wild Pokemon Battle theme like in GSC!! That would have made a cool atmosphere, like it's a legendary you're fighting but it's still just a "wild" Pokemon!!)

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    Hmm..the music is very good to be a pokemon game. if you compare it with platinum , D/p, and other versions, they really put an effort into this pokemon game :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back