• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon HG/SS Soundtrack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    With the little difference that the Pokemon Soundtrack kicks ass and the Braid Soundtrack sucks ass :-p

had to read that twice before lol'ing, doh!=D i don't have the game yet but i've heard some songs on Youtube, i love the whole thing! Although i'm a TINY bit disappointed that they changed New Bark's BANGING BASSLINE!!!!! *cough*, yes, a bit exaggerated, but they did actually change the nice little bass thing, which affects the whole song, but it's still nice.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Good say I absolutely love the Kanto Gym Leader music, so... flawless. It one of the few tunes that really pumps me up for a battle.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Good say I absolutely love the Kanto Gym Leader music, so... flawless. It one of the few tunes that really pumps me up for a battle.

Exactly this. When I first listened to the Kanto Gym music, I was like, is this really it? One of the best sounds within the game hands down. Flawless as said and it really has an energetic tune to it that fires one up. I just wish more of this would be retuned in other parts of the game to liven other areas that may need it with their own original vibe as well.

Nevertheless, this game has one of the best soundtracks compared to past handheld Pokémon games.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm happy to say that with the help of Marriland, I've grown attached to both the wild battle and trainer battle themes. I told you I just have to have time for things to grow on me. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    In my opinion, HS/SS ruined the Johto region's music. It's too corny and sound's stupid. Just my thoughts though.

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
    Personally, I LOVE the new music. Just Love it.

It is like an orchrestra is following you.
    " What happened to the music? oh... they can't fit through the cave entrance" lol.

ahhh. I just remeber ruby/sapphire having like 12 unused. oh well.

opps dp. sorry.

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i like the music that plays when you encounter some female trainers, it also plays after you beat lance and that Mary shows up with Professor Oak, i also like the rival and goldenrod city music

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    The more i play, the more I like the soundtrack. I still like the Kanto Gym Leader the best, though my old favorite (G/S/C) was the Lance/Red Battle Theme. That was epic.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    A few Game Boy tracks are unused, such as GSC's opening and title themes (as the GB Player doesn't persist through a power cycle). Otherwise, all the new tracks are assigned to something, except for a few Game Corner tracks that never ended up getting used since Card Flip is gone.

Luckily this isn't the case as I found out on Sunday, I believe - a radio program on Sundays plays old GSC music. And one of the tunes that came up was the title screen theme. =D So it appears that if you're rather lucky, you may happen upon those tunes as well.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    Luckily this isn't the case as I found out on Sunday, I believe - a radio program on Sundays plays old GSC music. And one of the tunes that came up was the title screen theme. =D So it appears that if you're rather lucky, you may happen upon those tunes as well.

Nice. I'd like to hear that. Although i don't really count it as missing, since the new title music is similar to crystal's which was a shortened version of G/S's title, if it sounds closer that'd be cool. New music is great and all, but it'd be nice to hear the originals once in a while.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Anyone buying the OST that's gonna come out later this month?
    It seems awesome: comes with both original GS and HGSS music.

I've heard the Frontier Brain music is a tad different from the one in Platinum, but I can't hear the difference :/

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Many of the music really shocked me.

My favorite song in the original GSC was Goldenrod City, which I thought was a formal song. When I was imagining it being remade, I imagined bells, chimes, trumpets, and maybe some woodwinds playing the harmony. I was completelyshocked when they turned it into a fusion of Goldenrod and Heart&Soul (which is another melody). At first, I was all mad, but then it grew on to me and I found out that it wasn't as bad as it seemed. Now it sounds like a happy and jumpy upbeat song. But I still like the original one.

My second favorite was the S.S. Anne music. It was amazing! I never really liked music that played while you the water, but this was great! I never really payed attention to the song in the original GSC, but WOW!

My third favorite, and by far the catchiest is Viridian Forest. What I thought was gonna be a creepy song, turned out so relaxing and happy. I've heard the original composition in GSC, but those were just minor 8-bit beeps. Now, it is all cute and sweet arrangement! I love it! I hum it most of the time now, and when people ask me what I'm humming, I don't want them to be as happy is I am so I just reply with, "Penny Lane".

Lastly, I wanna say that the songs in GSC are so wonderful. They really have turned everything around, though some are untouched, others were represented with original sounds never before heard of. I can't wait for the release in America!

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    They really surprised with how good the music in this game sounded, really it makes you wonder if it's even on the same platform that d/p was(no offense but I think the d/p soundtrack was pretty generic). also every time someone says "the original's better" I am going to slaughter a puppy.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    They really surprised with how good the music in this game sounded, really it makes you wonder if it's even on the same platform that d/p was(no offense but I think the d/p soundtrack was pretty generic). also every time someone says "the original's better" I am going to slaughter a puppy.
    That's what you get with remakes.

The unhappy fool who will make the "TL;DR ORIGNAL IS BETTER" comment everywhere just to prove the point that he/she is unable to move on from the past.

Sure I think some of the older music was a little better than some of the new ones, but that's because of the tune and not simply because "LOL, IT'S THE ORIGINALS".
    The new soundtrack is amazing, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Hiroshi, could I please request a rip for the Intro/Battle Music of Ho-Oh and Lugia, as well as the Johto Gym Leader music? The complete music rip archive won't open properly for me.. =\ I really need those tracks badly for a video I have been intending to make with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back