• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- The New Age [Pg 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    ((Wow... better start getting on every day...))

Haley had been looking at the map again and had been to enthralled with it to notice the commotion in the room. She turned around and looked at all the different faces. A growlithe was talking with a vulpix, a skitty was chatting with a numel as well... and a few other things that she didn't bother to pay much attention to. It seems like the focus is on eachother and not our targets. In an effort to relax, Haley splashed some of the water provided onto her tail; it was absorbed instantly and made her feel healthy and in tip-top shape. No wonder you never see pokemon with my ability dealing drugs... you can get all you need from water! Now that Haley felt refreshed, she decided to speak to the group as a whole.
    "HEY EVERYONE!" Haley gulped and looked down before starting again. Fortunately it appeared as if she had got the others' attention.
    "It's great to learn about your fellow cops and make friends..." she trailed off a bit realizing that there were some conflicts in the room too, "... and enemies. However, I think it would be a bit more helpful to learn about our true enemies. Anyone have any ideas of where to start?" Haley looked hopefully at the group, but then realized that she had forgotten to tell everyone her name.
    "Oh yeah, and my name is Haley just so you know..."

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rokan's father was a Psyduck!? Rani didn't want to think about the kind of attitude her mother would have towards Rokan's family. A Vulpix and a Psyduck, two Pokemon so far apart on her parents' social order... Rani's eyes grew wide at the thought.
    Rani had opened her mouth to reply to Rokan's query about her family when the Wooper, Hayley, interrupted. She managed to supress the niggle at the back of her mind that asked how a mere wooper could have the audacity to interrupt a Vulpix and a Growlithe, and payed attention to what she was saying.

Rani decided with a sigh that sitting behind the table wasn't going to get her noticed. She would simply have to sit on one of these vile humanoid chairs. Unless...

Rani quickly made her way to the end of the table furthest away from everyone, where she was in no one's direct line of sight. She jumped onto a chair and from there leapt onto the table and sat. Now she was taller than everyone in the room (and that was the way it should be, a small voice reminded her).

Now everyone in the room was silent, so she gently cleared her throat.
    "Perhaps," she offered, projecting her voice so everyone could hear her, "We should find records of where things have happened that could be connected to Darkrai, then see if anything connects them."

Well, she might as well offer an idea. That was what the team was there for, after all.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    "Was it the third door down the right or the second door to the left!?" Maxwell the Machop, more commonly know as Max, scratched her head in confusion as she stared down the narrow hallway near the entrance, glancing at the doors that line the area, she had rushed out of her little debriefing about this new case so fast, that she forgot which room she was supposed to be heading to.

"Gahh, this is what I get for being so impatient" Max sighed and decided to calm her nerves, there was a very simple solution to all of this "I'll knock down every door til I find the room!" Max grinned and clenched her fist tightly, raising it towards the closest door, which was the second one on her left she thrust her fist out, but halted when it was only inches away from the door, she slowly pulled her fist back and shook her head "No, no, that's not good, I'll be leaving a bad impression if I knock the door down hmm..." Max crossed her arms and poked her tongue out, a thoughtful expression loomed on her face.

"Maybe I should just knock, that way I can just ask whoever is in there, if I got the right room" nodding to herself with a grin, Max raised her fist to bang lightly on the door, but a light bang to her wasn't exactly all that light for the door and after the second knock, the door fell off its hinges and collapsed on the floor. Max just stared with wide eyes and tossed a sheepish smile at the group of Pokémon she was supposed to be meeting "Ehehehe oops guess I don't know my own strength... hi I'm Max." Max gave a weak wave before she stepped over the door "So much for a good first impression"

OOC: Disregard my comment in the OOC, I posted =3
    Christ its so short @_@

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    [ I will assume at this stage that since I haven't been given a sign of acceptance into the roleplay or a message declaring I have been barred from entry, it will be safe to withdraw altogether from signing up. If my signup gets accepted before someone else wants to take Buizel, or if Comet would like to discuss this in MSN with me or some such, that's cool. But otherwise I don't want to keep anyone from taking Buizel if I'm going to be left stagnant. ]

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    Rokan turned her attention politely to the Wooper when she began speaking. Would she be their instructor, she wondered? It seemed so. Though it looked small and unassuming she knew better than to write it off as harmless. The most danger can come in the smallest creatures. An example that came to mind immediately was a Weedle that she had to apprehend a few years ago. It had been caught lurking in alleyways. It would String Shot an unsuspecting Pokemon, then Poison Sting them, leaving them almost fatally poisoned and unable to seek help. His antics had resulted in four deaths around Treasure City. Why he did it, no one knew. But it was a solemn reminder that all have the capability to kill. They just need the motivation.

"Rani has a good point," she spoke up. "And we might look at past texts that involve Darkrai. If he had certain patterns to his behavior before his incarceration they may continue to be present today. If we have some idea of what he's like we'll have a better chance of coming out of this in one piece."

Unperturbed by her admittance that she knew they might not all make it out alive, she fell silent, shifting her weight to one side. She hoped they would hurry up and get somewhere, the chairs were incredibly uncomfortable. Perhaps it was pride keeping her from sitting on the floor, as she knew would be much better on her back and shoulders. In the back of her mind her mother's teachings wouldn't allow her to get that far below Rani, when she knew that was how Pokemon subconsciously determined supremacy. Those who thought themselves higher than others often elected to sit higher than the rest, while the shy, scared ones preferred the lowest, most unassuming position possible.

The introduction of two new Pokemon made her raise a brow. Was this all of them? She certainly hoped so. It was getting crowded. Did they honestly need all of these officers to take down Darkrai?

Yes, they did. Darkrai had been training for eons, honing his skills until he could blast anyone out of his way. They were all unevolved, babies when compared to him. But the question that immediately came to mind was were there enough babies present to defeat a titan? Now, she understood the commanders' thinking.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk smiled. Ever since the Wooper had began talking he had thought of what they needed to find darkrai. He listened to Rani and Rokan's ideas and thought they were both good. Then the Machop and the eevee came in. Shierk nodded to them carefully and kept thinking. The main thing on his mind was darkrai, but behind that he was still thinking about how to get back at Kreep. Shierk shook his head. The last thing he needed was an enemy. after this conversation was over he would apoligize to the bellsprout but for now....

As the idea dawned on him, Shierk made his way to the Wooper, Haley. Standing next to her, he began to speak. "Hello everyone. To those who do not yet know, my name is Shierk. While Rani and Rokan both have excellant ideas," He eyed them as he said this with a smile on his face. He really hoped this didnt blow up on him. " I believe that the secret to finding Darkrai lies in the legends. To those of you who have never heard it, There was a great story behind Darkrai. They say he has control over Bad dreams. In fact, he often forced people into a deep sleep juust to give them Horrid nightmares. He was the opposite to Cresselia who blessed others with good dreams." Shierk paused allowing everyone to take this in. Then he continued. "I think the secret to finding this beast can be found in our Dreams. More specifically, our nightmares." Shierk waited for responses that were sure to follow.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    "Yes, well," Miska responded sheepishly, "History is pretty much all I really know...If Darkrai is really back though, he will probably use the same tactics he did before..."

With that, the Wooper in the corner called out to everyone. Miska looked, and listened to what she said. She somewhat agreed, and then the Growlithe spoke. She was about to say something when the door was knocked off of its hinges, and a Machop walked in and introduced...Herself? Max was a strange name for a girl.

After that an Eevee came in. How many Pokemon will come? Miska thought to herself, Darkrai is strong, but there are just so many Pokemon... Then the Vulpix and the Elekid spoke. She agreed with these two, and finally said something. "Darkrai used nightmares to talk to Pokemon in the past. He would often disguise himself as other Pokemon as well, and would even use Cresselia on occasion."

((OOC: UGH! That was SHORT! I got a lot of info in though.))

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
    Rokan nodded appreciatively. They all had such good points. She registered that many of the connections probably would not have been made were they not such a large group. Perhaps that was why the commanders had brought so many of them together.

She couldn't immediately think of anything else to say so she watched silently as more ideas were offered, committing them all to memory. She would have to be vigilant if they were going to bring Darkrai to justice. A quiver of fear remained dormant in her chest, ready to rear its head at any time and render her useless. Darkrai was an ancient, and they were all so small. But she would not allow herself to be incapacitated by such petty worries.

"What sort of abilities do we know Darkrai has?" she asked finally. "We know he controls nightmares, but can he get inside your head? Can he potentially control your body?"

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mack had always listened in conversations, such as scientific studies and hypotheses. Unfortunately, it was not very good at starting them. Rani and Rokan were getting along pretty well, likewise the Numel, Barl and Skitty, Miska. Soon, Kreep was the first to try to speak to it. Mack was able to figure out what he was trying to say. Mack was in deep, silent thought of what it should respond. All of a sudden, the Wooper, who was named Haley, shouted to everyone and it really distracted it for a moment. Mack hoped that the quest would being soon. Waiting for a long arrival is no picnic. Again, Mack tried thinking of what to say, when it started to hear footsteps, and then, there was a bang on the door and the door suddenly collapsed. A Machop entered, she introduced herself as Max, which had Mack confused due to her name. A moment after that, an Eevee walked in and sat at the back seat. How many members are needed? Mack understood why, for probably an army may not be any competition for Darkrai. He further thought this when Rokan and Shierk said that Darkrai has the power to control nightmares and asked if he may have the power to take on forms and control other Pokémon minds.
    Finally, it spoke for the first time at the table. "I remember from my studies during my education, Darkrai is supposed to have the power to control one's dreams and change them into terrifying nightmares. But as for mind control, that remains a mystery." Mack felt a bit nervous as he waited for a response.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    As Rani listened to the other recruits talking about their Darkrai education, she felt a pang of jealousy; she only knew what she did about Darkrai from independent research; her parents had never taught her.
    "My parents didn't believe in Darkrai," she commented. "Or any of the other legndary Pokemon. I was always taught that Arcanine were the closest anybody was going to get to a legend, so I'll have to leave all the discussion legend and lore to those more educated in such matters." She resented the other Pokemon for being more prepared, and it showed in her voice, but there were other things she could do.

For now, she could focus on the present, and the two latest additions to the team.
    So, there was a Machop. Female, but with a male name. How dreadfully queer. Not to mention her disastruously odd entrance. Was knocking down the door truly necessary?
    Then there was this Eevee. Rani had always held Eevee in high esteem, but they had been known to be awfully indecisive. She hoped this one would be different. His seat was at the back end of the table, so he was within enough of an earshot for her to murmur "No need to apologise for arriving. Welcome to the team." She smiled at him, then turned back to look at both Hayley and the Elekid from before, Shierk, who had walked right to the front of the room to make sure everyone payed attention to him. Thank goodness she didn't act like such an attention seeker*. He had called her idea excellent and smiled at her, and now she had time to properly regard the large scar that sat between his eyes. She vaguely wondered how he had got it; perhaps in a fight of some sort. Suddely realising she had been looking intently at Shierk for more than just a few moments, she hastily redirected her attention towards Hayley instead, hoping everyone had been too busy thinking about Darkrai to notice.
    Then a thought popped into her head.
    'Of course my idea was excellent; it was my idea!'

*Irony FTW!

ShadowYashi

Years
    Upon entering the room, Max glanced briefly at each and every one of her soon to be teammates. There sure was a lot of them "or would should that be us" she thought before sidling up towards the table where most of the team stood or sat, discussing what she assumed was about Darkrai and embarrassment settled on her face, Max never really payed, much attention when it came to Darkrai and most things that didn't involve her in some way, shape or form "I really need to work on paying attention to these things" she mumbled to herself. "So umm, what are we talking about?" Maxwell leaned over and murmured to the closest Pokémon near her, which was the Growlithe who was sitting directly atop the table, Max had to crane her head up slightly, but she was sure the Growlithe would be able to hear her, seeing as how canines such as herself are known to have very good hearing.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rani was attempting to resist the temptation to glance back at Shierk to see if he was giving her a funny look, so was more than glad for a distraction-
    Oh. It was her.
    Rani glanced down at the Machop that stood beside the table and inwardly sighed. So, not only was this Pokemon rude and odd, but she wasn't even paying attention-
    'Prejudice!' the small voice in the back of Rani's mind exclaimed, and Rani smiled down at... Mack. No, Max.
    "We're just discussing how we're going to search for Darkrai," she murmured in return. "We were dicussing reading old legends about his old ways and thinking of seeing if we could find any connections between attacks that may have been Darkrai in recent times. That's the gist of it, anyway. I'm sure you'll catch on quickly."
    'As long as you don't break the table, too.' she wanted to continue. However, she wasn't going to let herself become a bully, so she held her cutting tongue, and went back to trying to resist the temptation to check if Shierk had seen her looking at him and had got the wrong idea.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Kreep fiddled with his spiked bracelets, feeling bored. Around him were the others, discussing Darkrai or something. Not knowing a thing about the legendary, or having any idea where he might be found, the bellsprout just sat there and looked around the room. Any of the previous side conversations had died down, as now the team was in full work mode. Or, at least, most of it was. Along with Kreep, a few others seemed like they didn't have much to say. Before he could get around to fiddling with his bracelets again, Kreep was distracted by a machop that had entered the room. He introduced himself as Max, and then took a seet over by Rani. Kreep couldn't help but glance over at the growlithe, who seemed to be looking at something. Following her gaze, Kreep almost let out a gasp of shock. Instead, however, he only ended up getting an unpleasant amount of drool on his leaves. Right where Rani had been looking was Sparx, who Kreep had been willing to forgive. Sure, the electric type hadn't even done anything in the first place, but that wasn't what mattered. She had been staring at him! Kreep barely even liked the pretencious growlithe, but that didn't mean he would just watch as Rani got together with Sparx. Especially since they were in the middle of a job! Of course, now Kreep realized that he had been staring, and quickly averted his gaze while he wiped the drool from his leaves. He leaned towards the magnemite he was sitting next to, "Heyth, shyoo seem prethy shmarth, knowin' abouth Darthri and shall. Whenth do you shink we'llth acshualthly do shomethingth thoughth?" Kreep whispered with a small laugh. He hoped the magnemite would reply this time. He still wasn't sure what its name was, but it seemed easy enough to get along with. Maybe after this bore of a meeting was over, he could get aquainted with Max too. It seemed like he was the only other tough guy here.

((OOC: To let, y'alls know, I am aware that Max is a girl. But that doesn't mean Kreep does =P ))

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk listened carefully to Mack's words. "Okay sso Mack confirmed what we know. Does anyone else have any ideas?" Shierk looked at Max and Rani when he said this. To be more specific, Rani. Shadow forced himself the tear his eyes away. He would NOT develop feelings for someone he might never see again after this. He still missed the friend he had made back in training camp. Shierk began to think to himself. 'Jeez. How come he never wrote back? So much for friendship.' That was why Shierk wouldn't develop feelings. Seperation would kill him.

Shierk allowed temptation to take over. He took another look at Rani. The orange and cream colors in her fur blending perfectly and creating a beautiful mixture of shades and tones. Her bronze anklet... Shierk sighed and took his eyes off of her. It could never work.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    After giving its opinion of Darkrai's power, Mack listened to what others may be saying about Darkrai and Kara, but it more heard various chats and...friendships slowly being made. He heard Kreep trying to talk with him again and commented about his knowledge. Mack felt touched inside, not many have ever complimented this, usually its schoolmates would mock it. While thinking of a response, Mack saw the Elekid, who was named Shierk glance at the others, most notably Rani. Mack then remembered Kreep's question and tried hard to politely answer. "I'm not positive when this meeting will end, or when our leader will arrive. Oh, and you asked if I was...afraid to say something, correct? Well...not exactly, I'm just not to eager to start conversations, I'm more comfortable in listening to them." Mack then waited and tried to hear what the others were saying. Mack wanted to ask more, but it wasn't sure. Like it said, starting conversations is not one of its favorite things.

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

Years
    Max grinned back up at Growlithe "Oh, I see. Thank's so much!" Max opened her mouth to ask when they were gonna stop discussing useless stuff like this and start shaking criminals down for information on Darkrai's whereabouts, but as soon as the thought left her, a nagging voice, that sounded suspiciously like her mentor, spoke up in the back of her head, reminding her of a different time when she had been far to eager to kick some butt before listening to all the details of the 'mission' "Patience is a virtue young one, you must always remember, that even the largest of trees started out once as a tiny sapling..."

"What the heck is that supposed to even mean?" she had irritatedly asked, due to the fact that Medicham was known to speak in nonsense and riddles that she didn't understand Medicham-sensei had rubbed at his temple and sighed "It means stop rushing me or I'll make you run 50 laps around town with two Graveler and myself strapped to your back!" Max snapped out of her little daydream and closed her mouth "Sensei was such a slave driver on the low."

Max felt a bead of sweat drop down the side of her face before she looked at the Elekid who had asked for ideas "Uhh how about we..." Max trailed off scratching her head thoughtfully "go to the last place where Darkrai might've been spotted? Or maybe we could find any other known accomplices nearby and knock their faces in til they give us some answers!" Max grinned at her last suggestion, slapping a balled fist against her palm for emphasis "Personally I prefer the second option."

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Haley listened to the others' ideas. They all seemed pretty good, this was a good start after all. She also noticed a few newcomers, a machop and an eevee. Because of simple prejudice, Haley had assumed that the machop was a male, but it's voice gave the definate impression of a girl. A girl named Max? That's a bit odd. But then something came to her. "Um, hey Max, your a fighting type right? If you could learn some fighting type moves, I'm pretty sure they would be super-effective against a dark-type like Darkrai." It was then that she realized the stupidity of the statement and attempted to correct herself. "Of course though... if Kara has learned any flying type moves that wont matter much." Haley mumbled and wondered if anyone had heard. Looking up shyly, she realized that she was one of the few pokemon that still wasn't sitting. Somewhat embarrased, Haley hopped up into the nearest open chair and took a more thoughtful study of the pokemon in the room. Sheirk, it seemed, was shyly looking at the growlithe whose name Haley couldn't remember. The latter was also staring back. What's happening there? None of my business I'm sure. Oh well. Haley decided to speak to the whole group again, she almost felt like a leader, but not quite. "Well, if that's it for ideas... then we need to decide where we should go first. Then we can head out."

((OOC: Oh yeah, and SU's are closed. Kerjo is accepted and Darkhaven is pending. See the OOC thread and your PM inbox [respectively] for details.))

Strikit

Years
    Haley's comment on learning moves sparked an idea in Rokan's head. The spark traveled into her eyes, which lit up enthusiastically. As a pup, she'd heard fantastic tales of the Ninetales of old, how they could burn a foe lethally without ever trying, how they could control minds. She'd always been eager to become worthy of the prestige associated with her evolution, but acknowledged that it was highly unlikely that she would ever discover a fire stone, and if she did she would probably never learn the moves her ancestors had. Now, though, there was a chance for her to reach her full potential.

"Before we go," she said quickly, her words slurring together uncharacteristically from excitement, "maybe we could discuss, as Haley said, learning moves. All of us. We could make it a point to spar often, which ought to bring up our capabilities. And if we need to take anyone down in the midst of hunting Darkrai we could do so with moves, not guns. We could be as powerful as he, it'll just take some effort."

She now sat fully erect; even both her ears were standing straight up. Even the thought of becoming a true Ninetales, Vulpix even, thrilled her. It never occurred to her that it may not be plausible, but she sincerely hoped that it was. After all, their petty firearms were no match for a well-placed Hyper Beam. She knew more than one of them ought to be able to learn just as powerful attacks. If only they tried, they could do it like their forefathers had.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    ((For those of you who haven't looked at the OOC thread, I got accepted just recently. Just saying this little disclaimer so I don't look like some newb that joined unwillingly :3))

"Late.... Late!" Len was running as fast as he could to join the other officers, The fact he was a small poliwag really wasn't helping him move faster. Especially out of water. He was right in front of the door to the room where everyone else was. Len could hear a group of pokemon talking about heading out to figure out where to find darkari.

"Oh man! I'm REALLY late!" He said. To make matters worse, The door was closed, And he didn't have any hands. "what I'd do to be a poliwhirl..." He said to himself. He tried running into the door to open it but no luck. It just hurt.... alot. Eventually the wind blew the door open making a really embarrassing entrence for len.

"Um... Heh... Sorry about that.. I'm not too late am I?" His first day, And already he made a fool of himself. It was a really bad way to make a first impression. Nevertheless, He sat down and joined the discussion.

Strikit

Years
    Rokan's attention was diverted by yet another late entrance. She looked toward the door to find a rather small Poliwag entering the room. Seeming nervous and unsure of himself he sat near her, questioning whether he'd come too late. Feeling there was no reason she couldn't answer, she shook her head with a smile. "No, you're not. We were just talking about Darkrai's capabilities, where he could be found, and what to do to prepare ourselves for him."

It was a short summary, yes, and it didn't exactly explain everything. But Rokan didn't feel as though they'd said much more than her summary had. Everyone knew Darkrai was bad, but they hadn't yet really discussed what they were going to do about him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back