• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Odyssey 2: The Dark Tournament [Most Missed Aug/Sep '11]

In the end, which side will get the Ultimate Power?

• The Gold Tribe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Kingdom of Tollen.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The Order of Alcantus.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Someone from the Region of Argos.

• No one get's it, nobody wins.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Everyone gets it.

• Someone else gets it.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • There is no Ultimate Power.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
    Nova the Espeon
    Kingdom of Tollen

The Emolga froze for a moment at her question, his smile quickly regaining, "Well Nova, the general idea of exploring is that we don't know where we're going, Haha! But there is a quaint resteraunt just a little bit away. Well a little bit for me, it would be quite long at a walking pace... lets just have a look around shall we? Come now, no time to lose!" Taking he paw, the Emolga rushed her out the door, smells instantly overflowing into her nose the longer they traveled. Pokemon were everywhere, from some of the strongest looking warriors to the most unique individuals, some species she had never encountered before.

She eagerly followed Lorenzo around to a near market, creatures from all over celebrating the Dark Tournament with various goods and food to share. "How wonderful!" Lorenzo exclaimed, "What better way to get to grips with a location and its culture than to visit a market! Come Nova let us have a look around". Heading over to the nearest map, it showed several different locations, the enormous market covering a quarter of the area. All of it had been set up in a single night, which impressed the Espeon. Nova wasn't quite sure if she'd be able to finish looking at everything by the end of the day.

Walking with her friend, they came to a crossroad, the streets forking in opposite directions. "Ummm... Nova which way would you like to go?" Lorenzo asked her, the Espeon's ears twitching as they picked up the sound. Her smile came back, as it had faded along the walk. "...the right, please. I'll just follow you..."

Nova slightly blushed, not positive if it showed through her dark fur or not. She had never felt so shy around someone before, even if it was normal for her to be quiet. An odd feeling had been growing inside her ever since she encountered Lorenzo with the nobles, and it was only getting larger. The Espeon wondered if it was good or bad...to feel that way.

Her gem suddenly flashed a bright violet, notifying Nova something was wrong. Their time was running out, and she saw some of the Pokemon warriors rushing out of the market in a hurry. The tournament was going to start soon- early, too. "Umm, scratch that. We have to go," she said aloud, pointing to the Spire which was a good distance away from them. "Of course, you'll still be leading...". Everyone was gathering- it wouldn't be too much longer until the battles begun.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
    Toro watched as Kent walked downstairs and exited the inn The Gold Tribe was staying at. Toro followed him.

The crowd outside was crazy. Huge crowds rushed towards the Spire. Familiar faces were around Toro and his fellow Gold Tribe members. But now wasn't the time to worry about that. The tournament was the only thing on Toro's mind at the moment.

Inside they went. The first thing that caught Toro's eye was a gigantic Regigigas. The monster of a Pokemon stood above everyone, waiting with what seemed to be his team, the same Pokemon who Toro had a weird feeling about.

"The Order of Neoverse is here," Kent spoke softly to us.

And out of no where, the memories of Toro discovering his parent's deaths came rushing back. He knew those Pokemon were shady, but not the very evil that killed his family.

Toro set his wrists aflame, the sadness of his family's deaths left him and the anger had replaced it.

Suddenly, the host of the tournament, Rector, had appeared.

"Welcome back to the Spire, brave fighters from distant lands. All of you have arrived, which means it is time for the Dark Tournament to begin. Everyone, stand still."

The ground below everyone began to rise. It raised the 500 combatants to great heights. Everyone was above the clouds. Rector appeared again, hanging his wing out as if pointing to a portal.

"After you, combatants. This is the doorway to the Dark Tournament."

Most of the group was too shocked to move, but Kent nodded for the Gold Tribe to enter, so Toro went.

As he passed through the portal, Toro could hear the screams of the audience roaring in excitement. Surrounding the fighters was a series of portals that were all different colors.

"And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!" The entire arena erupted in loud cheers and howls, and yet somehow, Rector's booming voice managed to reach all of them just fine.

"Combatants, today is the beginning of the Tournament, the First Round. Every Round is different, and there might be different rules that accompany each round. You must follow the rules of each round if you wish to advance to further rounds. This Round is called...

The Battle Royale

"This is a favorite among the Tournament staff as a primary round. The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to. The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

"Some of you may appear in a battle area where all of your enemies are right in front of you. Other battlegrounds are much more elaborate, and you might have to search for your enemies. Be warned, some of these battlegrounds have lasted a few minutes, while others have lasted days. I certainly hope you had a good breakfast."

"The Keepers will now announce where each fighter has been assigned. You will line up in front of your portal, and proceed inside. Good luck."

As told, 16 keepers approached the crowd and read the assignments. The only name Toro listened to was his own.

Toro Blaze: Forest Portal

Toro approached his portal, but found it hard for him to step in. He took a deep mouthful of air.

For Mom and Dad, Toro thought as he walked inside his portal.

The Dark Tournament had began, and so did the mysteries that lied within it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Replicus 'Fallax' Decendas
    Gold Tribe

The Sparring ended a few minutes later. Replicus felt stronger, and much more confident about the Tournament the next day. Kent and his fellow Gold Tribe members were strong. They could easily hold their own against the opponents.

Kent gave them the address of the Inn, and Replicus settled into his bed. The room was very nice, and the bed was soft and comfortable. Replicus made a note to thank Kent when they would meet the next day.

Before sleeping, Replicus thought about the Tournament the next day.

"What if the members are too tough? What if I lose? What about Dylan, isn't he a bit too young? And what if I......die?" He thought.

He immediately pushed these thoughts away. "Heh. Not my style to get nervous."

Replicus closed his eyes, and slept peacefully.

The Day of the Dark Tournament

After having a nice breakfast, Kent led the Gold Tribe to the Spire.

They traveled towards the Spire, and they gathered around it. Kent presented Dylan to a Keeper, telling him that he was going to participate with the Gold Tribe. Replicus heard the Keeper's reply.

"We had an unexpected death in one of the other teams anyways, so we have allowed for two new members to join, making the total to 511, and now this makes 512."

"Unexpected......death? I find the 'unexpected' part hard to believe....." Replicus thought. He didn't question the Keeper though, no use trying to fight now.

Rector walked up, and started speaking, "And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!"

There was a huge uproar. Everybody cried with joy.

Rector continued. "Combatants, today is the beginning of the Tournament, the First Round. Every Round is different, and there might be different rules that accompany each round. You must follow the rules of each round if you wish to advance to further rounds. This Round is called...

The Battle Royale

The name itself excited Replicus. He was itching to fight now, just go and get the party started. But, he stayed, and listened to Rector.

"This is a favorite among the Tournament staff as a primary round. The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of the this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to. The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

"Ah, so I just have to be in the last 16....... Cakewalk." Replicus muttered to himself.

Rector spoke once again. "Some of you may appear in a battle area where all of your enemies are right in front of you. Other battlegrounds are much more elaborate, and you might have to search for your enemies. Be warned, some of these battlegrounds have lasted a few minutes, while others have lasted days. I certainly hope you had a good breakfast."

"Well, I surely did have a hearty breakfast!" Replicus muttered again.

Then a thought struck Replicus. he yelled, "But sir, what if we want to have a toilet break? I hope we DO get one? I wouldn't want to lose just because NATURE WAS CALLING!"

A few people around him snickered. Replicus looked at them, and said, "Well EXCUSE ME! I know that when YOU'LL be relieving yourself I'll come and hit you with a Hyper Beam!"

The smile disappeared from their faces. Replicus then smiled himself.

Rector continued, probably insulted by Fallax, and said "The Keepers will now announce where each fighter has been assigned. You will line up in front of your portal, and proceed inside. Good luck."

16 Keepers came forward, holding papers in their hands, and read out where the combatants were assigned.

Replicus Decendas : Desert Portal

"HEY! THERE'S A FALLAX IN THERE TOO!" Replicus yelled. He tried to find others who were in the same portal as him, and heard one name.

Vincent Paine "Stingfist": Desert Portal

He walked over to Stingfist, and said, "Heh, it seems like we're gonna fight together, eh? Oh, and one important thing. When I tell you to jump, jump." he winked at him.

Replicus walked into the portal. The first thing he felt was instant heat, draining his stamina. Replicus quickly transformed into an Excadrill, and he instantly felt better. He felt rejuvenated, actually, happy with the heat around him.

The first thing Replicus noticed was how huge the battlefield was. It was HUGE, probably stretching out to a few hundred miles. The next thing he noticed was a few Water Pokemon instantly fainting, due to extreme heat. The poor Pokemon didn't even have a chance.

Replicus dived into the sand, and traveled towards the feet of a Machoke he saw nearby. He appeared directly beneath his legs, and pulled him into the sand.

The Machoke was submerged in the sand, and unable to breath. He soon stopped struggling, and was unable to battle. Replicus chucked him outta the sand, and he landed somewhere far off.

Replicus tracked Stingfist adn he found that he was in a huge cluster of Pokemon. He dug over to his location, and when he was directly beneath the huge cluster of Pokemon, he yelled, "JUMP!" and unleashed Earthquake.

(OOC: There. I'll leave it to Veg or Xilfer to say what happened to the Pokemon.)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    After a few rounds of battling, Dylan went into the house, exhausted, his body covered with dirt once again. Although Dylan had lost many, many times in those training battles, it was fun, and the Buizel had learned some little techniques from the others. What can I say? he's a fast learner.

After taking a quick shower and drying himself up, Dylan walked into his own room and smiled, seeing Anna fast asleep with a cute little smile on her face. She was probably having the best sleep in weeks, or maybe months, as nobody could bother or hurt her here. She was sleeping in peace, and Dylan didn't want to wake her up. Walking back into the living room, Dylan leaped onto the couch and looked at the ceiling. The Tournament was going to start soon and he was ready for anything. "Goodnight Anna." Dylan said, falling asleep on the couch, his head resting on a cushion.

Time flies when you're asleep. Soon it was morning, and Dylan was recharged and bouncy once again. Running to the kitchen and grabbing a bun, Dylan went into his room and left a little note on Anna's blanket - "going to the Tournament. See you there!", then left the house before Oceania could hold him and ramble about safety. Walking towards the Spire and finishing his bun breakfast, Dylan tried to conserve as much energy as he could by taking shortcuts. When he was there, the Gold Tribe had already arrived, and they were walking together, moving through the crowd. Catching up, Dylan walked towards Kent, and continued walking by his side.

"I wish for this little one to participate in the Tournament under me as a member of the team from the Gold Tribe." Kent said, looking at one of the keepers.

The Armaldo replied, "Very well. We had an unexpected death in one of the other teams anyways, so we have allowed for two new members to join, making the total to 511, and now this makes 512."

"A death so soon?" Dylan asked, murmuring to himself. That was fast. A little TOO fast in his opinion but he kept quiet, as this was his only chance in. After a brief announcement from the host, the ground shook, then the whole thing rose, rising up the spire like a giant elevator. Dylan was startled, then again, everyone was. Nobody was expecting this. After a while that seemed forever, the elevating stopped, and Dylan found himself on a platform in the sky, a large number of portals in front of him, each portal in a different color. These were the portals for the arenas, the battlefields, the place where some contestants fight for their deaths.

When Dylan received his paper, his heart missed a beat. Kent was going to be in the same arena as well, and the arena was the Skyscraper arena, a small and empty platform in the sky. Despite knowing the dangers ahead, Dylan's curiosity took over, and when the others were entering the portal,s Dylan walked in as well, leaving Kent behind. Once there, Dylan glanced around. The whole place was basically emt-

"BANG"

A large ball of bright energy shot past, missing Dylan by a few meters, then exploded when it collided with a Medicham. Then when Dylan turned, he saw a large bright beam of energy heading towards him...

-Dylan Demetrius

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Alistar the 'Firestarter'
    Order of Alcantus

Alistar slowly walked towards the crowd, his eyes half closed as he was trying to hear the Aerodactyl speaking under the Spire.

"This is a favorite among the Tournament staff as a primary round. The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of the this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to. The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

"Some of you may appear in a battle area where all of your enemies are right in front of you. Other battlegrounds are much more elaborate, and you might have to search for your enemies. Be warned, some of these battlegrounds have lasted a few minutes, while others have lasted days. I certainly hope you had a good breakfast."

Alistar was kicking the small rocks on the ground. He wasn't interested in rules, all he heard from the Aerodactyl's speech was 'kill whoever is in front of you'.

Then, Alistar heard someone yelling "But sir, what if we want to have a toilet break? I hope we DO get one? I wouldn't want to lose just because NATURE WAS CALLING!"

The Pokemon on the crowd snickered and the Keepers smiled. The voice was heard again,"Well EXCUSE ME! I know that when YOU'LL be relieving yourself I'll come and hit you with a Hyper Beam!"

Alistar laughed slightly. He wondered if that guy had as good fighting skills as humour. But this was serious, he shouldn't be joking like that... on the other hand, Alistar liked doing things that he shouldn't do.

"The Keepers will now announce where each fighter has been assigned. You will line up in front of your portal, and proceed inside. Good luck."

Now that's some useful information.

Alistar raised his head to see the Keepers announcing names, many names. His would be almost first alphabetically. He heard it; Magma Portal. Just about my thing...
    The Typhlosion smiled and hid in the shadows without no one noticing him, awaiting for the portals to open.

The portals were all around the Spire, each having the colours and blurry images of where it lead to. Alistar climbed into a wall and looked around for Magma Portal. He found a red looking one and jumped on the ground and run through the crowd towards it, then entered.

The intense heat that hit him made him chuckle in joy. He was at his enviroment. His eyes were burning with bloodlust as he looked at the others.
    Alistar wouldn't wait, he changed into berserker battle stance, fire coming out of his back, covering him completly.

"RAAAAARGHH"

His battle cry was heard all around the volcanic cave, echoing in the walls. The magma that was flowing around was giving Alistar incredible strenght as he unleashed his own flames upon everyone on the battle field without even examining his opponents.

(OCC: sorry about lame post xD)

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Tennille Nakumi
    Region of Argos

"Maaaaaaaaan, did this sista' ever EAT!"

The day of the tournament was today, in which Tennille wanted to make sure that over the past two days before the tournament, she would fuel up with food and drinks, to energize herself with the upcoming matches. She patted her tummy with her paw, trying to soothe her stomach, so that she didn't feel that her body would be paying for the over-eating. Of course, Tennille over eats all the time, so she was used to it.

"Man, I hope that when my match comes that the fool don't punch me in the gut!" she thought to her self as she was arriving at the Spire.

The crowd from two days ago was there again, observing and awing in excitement at the upcoming events of the tournament. Tennille was too shortly within the crowd, paws on her hips, looking left and right at her competition. Of course, she was confident, but, she new that things don't work out that way -- in boxing, you can't let down your guard in an instant. Same applies here. Eventually, Tennille saw a Keeper of the tournament, an Armaldo who was dressing a certain someone. Tennille overheard their conversation:

"....We had an unexpected death in one of the other teams anyways, so we have allowed for two new members to join, making the total to 511, and now this makes 512."

"My, my, my," Tennille thought. "Someone got whacked? That's messed up, man."

Soon afterwards, Tennille looked in front of her, as the crowd was soon addressed by Rector, the host of the tournament.

"And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!" The entire arena erupted in loud cheers and howls, with Tennille was also clapping her paws together, excited for the event. Rector's booming voice still managed to reach all of them just fine.

"Combatants, today is the beginning of the Tournament, the First Round. Every Round is different, and there might be different rules that accompany each round. You must follow the rules of each round if you wish to advance to further rounds. This Round is called...

The Battle Royale

Tennille squinted her eyebrow upwards a bit, intrigued by the idea of the battle royale.

"Huh, so its a free-for-all, huh?" Tennille thought. "Man, this dude knows how to please."

"This is a favorite among the Tournament staff as a primary round," Rector continued. "The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of the this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to. The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

"...Man, that's too many 16's and 32's," Tennille sighed. "Why can't there be a simpler rule? No shirt, no shoes, no wins. You lose."

"Some of you may appear in a battle area where all of your enemies are right in front of you," Rector continued. "Other battlegrounds are much more elaborate, and you might have to search for your enemies. Be warned, some of these battlegrounds have lasted a few minutes, while others have lasted days. I certainly hope you had a good breakfast."

"Got that right, brah," Tennille smiled. "Today's menu was a full course of OH SNAP with a side of muffins. Gotta love those muffins."

"The Keepers will now announce where each fighter has been assigned," Rector began again. "You will line up in front of your portal, and proceed inside. Good luck."

Eventually, as the Keepers came in to address the crowd, Tennille heard her name called an d the arena she was assigned - The Arena Portal.

"Geez, this generation is all about there portals..." Tennille sighed. "Why can't they do something practical like...make a portal that leads to the dark side of the universe. Cause YEAH, I'd like to see this sista's dark side."

Tennille then took a deep breath, anxious on what's going to happen next. She had to step in side the portal that awaits her to go to the arena.

"Well!" Tennille smiled. "Can't keep my brotha's and sista's in the crowd waiting! Here commmmmmmes Tennille!"

It was then that she stepped inside the portal, in order to go to...the Arena. The Dark Tournament had just begun for her.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    "Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

Ambrosia listened as her name was called to be paired with a fellow Gold Tribe member. Good, now she had to find Bellator and they could work together to stay in the top 16. She walked towards the keeper on the right and was led to a small white portal. It glowed a strange aura that made her skin feel cold. As she stared into it, she could catch some foliage from the corner of her eyes. The Forest Portal. This seemed good for her as there would be plenty of places to hide. She took a deep breath and headed into the portal. Her skin felt itchy and wet at the same time and she fell into a different land. An earthy, verdant land. The smell of pine and grass fluttered through her nostrils. What a terrible thing, to fight in such a beautiful world. She slithered through, trying to find any sign of Bellator.

"Bellator! Bellator! Where are you? We need to work together!" she howled throughout the forest. She was on her guard as well, not knowing if Bellator had other plans. She had never met him, or at least grown close to him. With care, she sliced through the thick humidity of the forest. The scenery was similar to the outskirts of Shine City. The tan soil trailed around the trees which left behind small traces of amber on the Earth. How nice. She followed a small path to the right of her, not for much reason, but because it seemed calm. She decided on crawling up a tree and slithering from foliage to foliage, keeping her distinct boy from being seen. There was still no sign of the Blaziken.

Ambrosia found herself scaling up a tall oak. She had to give some kind of sign. She shot out a small Flamethrower to get their attention. They should be able to sense the fire. She took this time to Dance quite Dragon like, peaking her abilities. She was ready for anything. If the fire didn't get Bellator's attention, than this would. She floated away from the tree and began to swirl in the sky. Then, she looked through the forest, a smile on her face. She was excited to meet this character.

Years
    Duchess Caitlyn Charporé
    Kingdom of Tollen

Caitlyn woke up in a rush once the alarm went off. She looked out of the windows and noticed that the streets were crowded with the morning rush. "Oh dear, I hope I'm not late." She hurriedly dressed up proper and literally flew down the stairs of the hotel while she was combing her fur and adjusting her white scarf. She jostled her way through towards the Spire. Once she passed by those eerie Keepers, she just entered the Spire in time to hear the odd-looking bird announce.

"Welcome back to the Spire, brave fighters from distant lands. All of you have arrived, which means it is time for the Dark Tournament to begin. Everyone, stand still." The Cinccino almost tripped as the ground unexpectedly trembled and heaved and then, everything around started to rise. To be specific, the ground they were on rose in the Spire. Where were they going? Was this a trap? Gradually, the platform paused and Caitlyn looked that they were all way high up in the skies. Rector blinked his eyes and then glided over to a bluish swirling opening. "After you, combatants. This is the doorway to the Dark Tournament." The crowd stood numb and wary, but then a brave Lucario walked front and entered the portal. Soon, everyone headed their way through. A slightly cold and tingling violet aura cloaked Caitlyn and for a couple of seconds, she couldn't feel her surroundings or herself for that matter. Then, everything brightened around her and she found herself standing with the rest in an arena of some sorts. There were lots of noises and then she realized that the arena was surrounded by spectators of the tournament who were shrieking and yelling their lungs out at the sight of the participants. The Duchess curled up her ears to withstand the onslaught of sound waves. She gazed around and noticed that some of the audience had their eyes fixated on some kind of screen that showed every individual combatant. She tried finding herself but then something else seized her focus. There were many portals aligned right in front of them, all in different colours and auras emitting.

"And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!" The Aerodactyl's voice bellowed across the arena, and the throngs of Pokemon cheered wildly as the excitement peaked in the air. "Combatants, today is the beginning of the Tournament, the First Round. Every Round is different, and there might be different rules that accompany each round. You must follow the rules of each round if you wish to advance to further rounds. This Round is called...

The Battle Royale

"This is a favorite among the Tournament staff as a primary round. The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to. The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

The Duchess smiled confidently, patting her warm belly. Her fur was stocked well too, along with a couple of handy items. The dinosaur bird then spoke, "The Keepers will now announce where each fighter has been assigned. You will line up in front of your portal, and proceed inside. Good luck."

Duchess Caitlyn Charporé: City Portal

She heard her name and stepped right up to the assigned portal. She glanced back hesitantly, at the Keeper behind her. Another fossil Pokemon, a Cradily. She smiled tentatively when the Cradily nodded and she walked right through the portal. It was the exact same feeling for a few moments, before she arrived in a familiar place. It was the city of Abel. We're fighting HERE? She stared around, the Keeper was gone from her sight but she knew that he would be monitoring the tournament. Not knowing what to do, Caitlyn Charporé sauntered down a road. From the corner of her eye up ahead, she spied a building on fire. Then from it emerged a big silhouette of a Pokemon. She moved closer and saw that it was a Druddigon. The blue hunchbacked dragon glared around until it finally spotted its opponent, Caitlyn. It huffed and let out a roar that was meant to be intimidating but the chinchilla simply rolled her eyes. It started to make its way to her, walking with a somewhat constipated gait. The Scarf Pokemon tried to subdue of a look of disdain and disapproval mixed together. The Druddigon halted suddenly before and then, it placed its scaly claws together and a large bluish orb was formed in between. The Dragon-type growled and hurled the energy orb forwards, sending it plummeting through the air towards her. It was only a matter of quick reflexes and dodging skills did the Cinccino managed to sidestepped and evade the Focus Blast. The orb erupted into small blue sparks as it crashed into a concrete wall. Turning back, she eyeballed the Druddigon with a smirk and muttered as she gestured with her palms, "Bring it on, honey." She lowered her eyebrows and readied for the fight that was just about to begin.

King!

better
    Years
    Damian floated into the crowd of waiting Pokemon, yawning. He wasn't sure he was ready for this…he had spent the past two days eating and sleeping as much as possible. He hadn't interacted with anybody or even thought about the tournament for the past couple of days. Now that he was back, though, and everyone was chattering around him, he was beginning to feel a bit sick. He was sure hewould get over it, though.

Suddenly, the Aerodactyl from before – Rector – appeared from the top of the Spire. The noise level rose this time, as Pokemon cheered and clapped for their host. Eventually, the noise died down as Rector spoke. "Welcome back to the Spire, brave fighters from distant lands. All of you have arrived, which means it is time for the Dark Tournament to begin. Everyone, stand still." Even though he was floating and had no intention of returning to the ground, Damian went still.

At first, nothing happened, except for Rector closing his eyes. And then: they were moving. The ground shook, and mixed reactions swept through the crowd. Damian chuckled as some people struggled to stay standing, and others looked a bit frightened. This was one of the many reasons he enjoyed being able to hover in the air.

The ground lifted up, an elevator of sorts, taking them higher and higher until finally they were at the top of the Spire. The old Slowking had seen many thingsi n his life, and only a few things impressed him anymore. This was one of them.The clouds stretched out around them, below the platform they were on. A portal identical to the one they'd seen before was on one side. Rector gestured to it with his wing, and said, "After you, combatants. This is the doorway to the Dark Tournament." Everyone was still for a few moments. Then, one of the competitors stepped up and into the portal. Others slowly followed, and Damian joined inthe crowd.

As soon as he stepped inside, there was a flash, and then a pain shot through his head. The noise here was unbearable. Although his eyes were closed, he could sense the Pokemon cheering in the crowd around him. "And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!" The noise levels went off the charts, and Damian was slowly beginning to get used to it. He opened his eyes and looked around. Portals were all around them in the arena they were standing in, which was surrounded by Pokemon and screens. The screens showcased certain Pokemon at a time.

The Battle Royale

This is a favorite among theTournament staff as a primary round. The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of the this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to.The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules."

So it was a battle of endurance… No matter what happened in the arena, if you stayed in there long enough, you could win. Damian quickly began forming strategies in his head. He hoped that the other competitors wouldn't ruin what he had in mind…

Damian grinned. At least he had done SOMETHING right so far. He wished with all his might that he would be in an elaborate arena. He needed somewhere where he could easily blend in…

A group of ancient Pokemon, called Keepers, went around calling off names. As soon as Damian heard his, he listened for other names by the same Pokemon. He only caught one: Tennille Nakumi. It sounded a bit familiar, but he wasn't sure exactly who she was. Taking a deep breath, he stepped towards his portal. He would give it his all – he had to. The Tournament had begun.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Annabell Grace​

Anna nodded softly. She'd ask his mom about it, she wouldn't feel right about taking something that wasn't hers. Anna couldn't help, but blush deeply at his words. But she was smiling too. Anna didn't know why Dylan saying there was another reason for him saving her, made her so happy, but it did. She waited for him to finish, but then an electrical explosion happened. Anna instinctively stepped behind Dylan, he was almost like her protecter and she liked that. She watched him leave and then sat on the couch.

Anna tried to stay up, but she was really tired all of a sudden. So she got up and walked to Dylan's room. He'd let her sleep in his bed before, so she thought she could again. Anna would make room for him when he came back. She climbed into the bed and under the covers. Anna was asleep once her head hit the pillow.

-Next morning-

Anna groaned softly as she opened her eyes. She glanced around, wondering where she was. But a minute later Anna remembered and looked around the room for Dylan. Instead she found a note and after reading it she jumped up. I slept too late. Anna thought as she raced out of the house. She did this quietly in case Dylan's mom was still sleeping. Anna quickly walked to the Spire, before going in she looked at it. It was extremely tall and there were excited cheers coming from inside which meant it had started. Anna quickly walked into the Spire and into a huge arena. She glanced at the Keepers, they frightened her, something about them didn't seem right. They were like evil beings, an aura of darkness around them that could chill even the hottest fire type. Anna shook her head, to get out of her thoughts and she quickly sat down in a seat. She sitting beside a Raichu who was cheering loudly. They were also chanting a name from time to time, Anna didn't catch the name but it must have been a friend or family member of the Raichu. Anna looked around the arena, there was Pokemon standing there, but none were Dylan. Good luck Dylan, wherever you are. Anna thought.

Genevieve "Lightheart" Demetrius

Genevieve woke up and followed the rest of the Gold Tribe to the spire. The night before had been nice, sparring with the other members. She had been surprised when the little Buizel from before had shown up and attacked them all. He had recovered quickly. Genevieve looked up at the Spire, this was the first time she had seen it. She hadn't passed it on her search for Kent.

Once inside she waited for it to begin. At Kent's words she looked at the Pokemon. It definetly was the one from the Order, there couldn't be two of them. But why? Genevieve thought. Sending him was just like them walking up to us. And the Order didn't announce their presence, they showed their presence when they wanted us to know they were there.

As Rector showed up, Genevieve looked at it instead of the Regigas. As the platform rose Rector had its eyes closed. Rector opened them once the floor had stopped. Which made Genevieve wonder if this ancient Pokemon had moved the floor. She doubted it, but then again she hardly knew anything about the Pokemon in front of her.

Genevieve looked around at the arena they were now in. There was a crowd surrounding the arena, as if this was for their amusement. Genevieve pushed the thought away and listened to Rector. As it spoke she looked at the portals in front of them, each lead to a battlefield, none were connected.

16 left standing? Alright. She thought. Genevieve listened for her name.

"Genevieve 'Lightheart' Demetrius: Plain Portal" Once her name was called she walked to the portal she was assigned to. Ahead of her she seen a familiar looking Lucario walk into the portal. He's here too? Well, won't this be fun. She thought. Genevieve then walked through her portal.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
    Lorenzo The speedster" Aria
    Kingdom of Tollen

Lorenzo and Nova arrived at the spire just intime to see the keepers just about to close the gates. Lorenzo grabbed Nova's paw and used Extreme speed pulling her through the gate with him. Rectors was back, he began to address the pokemon who had gathered as contestants.​

"Welcome back to the Spire, brave fighters from distant lands. All of you have arrived, which means it is time for the Dark Tournament to begin. Everyone, stand still." He said.​

"Stand still?" Lorenzo said to himself.​

Suddenly the ground began to shake and the roof disapeared, revealing that the spire was totally hollow, the ground shook more and more violently and eventually began to raise up the spire.​

"Amazing!" Lorenzo exclaimed.​

"The spire was a massive elavator the whole time!"​

When the contestants arrived the found themselves at the top of the spire, it was a flat roof with nothing but sky around them, Rector had landed beside some kind of portal designed to transport them to the true sight of the dark tournament, he gestured the combatants inside.​

"After you, combatants. This is the doorway to the Dark Tournament."​

Most of the pokemon were hasty at first but eventually began to enter the portal. Lorenzo and Nova stood at its edge.​

"Well, no one lives forever." Lorenzo said as the two pokemon plunged through.​

They emerged with everyone else in a massive arena, filled with screaming fans, before them were sixteen different individual portals each in different colors and shapes. There was a large screen mounted on the wall, showing pictures of various locations and combatants.​

Rector once again began to speak.​

"And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!" A eafening ammount of cheers erupted from the various contestants and the audience.​

"Combatants, today is the beginning of the Tournament, the First Round. Every Round is different, and there might be different rules that accompany each round. You must follow the rules of each round if you wish to advance to further rounds. This Round is called...​

The Battle Royale

Lorenzo smiled, this would be interesting.​

Lorenzo looked at Nova, this meant that no matter what happened Lorenzo would not have to fight her. He was relieved.

*Well that wasn't very encouraging* Lorenzo thought.

One keeper, A magnezone called out Lorenzos name, then Novas.

"It would seem we fight in the same arena." Lorenzo said as he and Nova lined up. There portal was shaped like a diamond and was sky blue in color.

It was Lorenzos turn to enter, Nova was just behind him. He turned to face her.

"Lets have each others back, ok?" Lorenzo said.

And with that Lorenzo plunged head first into the portal ready for his first challenge.

Lorenzo emerged alone in a flash of blue light, standing on a small outcropping on a very large mountain, he wasn't too far away from the summit and there was small ridges going upwards from his current position.

"Hmmph... I suppose that for the land based competition." Lorenzo snickered as he launched himself into the air, there was a light misty fog out due to the altitude, they were at. Lorenzo felt the air flow and pressure in this area to be quite to his liking.

Lorenzo barely stopped moving in time to dodge shard of ice that had been fired at him. He looked down to see a Weavile sneering at him, he was standing on one of the highermost and largest outcropings platforms the next trail leading up would arrive at the summit. He had seen some other pokemon along the way but they hadn't seen him. He had been planning to wait for his best oppurtunity but the Weaviles eyesight was too sharp.

Lorenzo looked at the weavile.

"Now, now my friend perhaps we should talk about this..."

The Weavile just did a battle cry and fired another ice shard. Lorenzo used Extreme speed to quickly move to the left.

"Look if your going to fight you could at least try harder..."

The Weavile just grunted and fired another ice shard, Lorenzo dodged in the same way going back to his original position.

"Is it my turn yet?..." Lorenzo said in a fake playful voice. The Weavile had had enough, he launched himself through the and prepped a shadow claw at Lorenzo. Lorenzo didn't think twice he charged a small ball of electricity in his gauntlet, this was the sufficient size to use volt switch with, and waited for the Weavile to get near enough he easily dodged the Weaviles frenzied swings with shadow claw, took the ball of electricity and drove it up into the Weaviles stomach winding him and breaking his aerial balance. The weavile then tried to grab Lorenzo but it was too late, he had already used the burst of energy he got from Volt Switch to shoot back at least three meters, with the Weaviles momentum and balance broken, Gravity finnaly took its hold, the last thing you could hear was the Weaviles screams echoing across the mountain as he began his painful and fatal fall down the steep mountainside.

"Some pokemon can be so unreasonable..." Lorenzo said with a smirk.

He felt slightly tired from that so he landed on the outcropping the Weavile was standing on, only to see a Golem walking up the hill.

It looked at Lorenzo and smirked evily.

Lorenzo sighed. "I wonder if Nova's having this much fun..."

Last edited:

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
    Nova the Espeon
    Kingdom of Tollen

With the use of Extreme Speed, both her and Lorenzo flew through the gates just as they closed, Nova siding across the ground for a quick stop. She glanced upward with her friend to see the Aerodactyl, Rector, gliding downward to confront the several hundreds of entrants. Cheering broke through the air, shouts and yowls coming from nearly everyone in the humongous crowd. He landed, silencing many of the pokemon. "Welcome back to the Spire, brave fighters from distant lands. All of you have arrived, which means it is time for the Dark Tournament to begin. Everyone, stand still..."

Both the Espeon and Emolga seemed to question his last sentence. Stand still...? There was no sound coming from the pokemon around her, the only noise coming from the bystanders, gathered pokemon who had came to watch. It was then the ground began to shake. At first slightly shocked, Nova kept her calm as the ground below her started to rise up the Spire, much resembling an elevator. It was taking awhile, everyone overly eager to reach the top. Finally, it stopped. Searching around them, they couldn't see much; she realized they were above the clouds, a blue area around them. They couldn't possibly fight here.

The host flapped his wings in a slow glide, heading behind the crowd of pokemon and landing to the left of what appeared to be a portal. It sparked with blue energy. "After you, combatants," Rector spoke aloud, "This is the doorway to the Dark Tournament".

After hearing his words, the crowd slowly gathered to the portal, mumbles and whispers all over. They were all waiting for someone to go inside first, Nova also waiting to see what would happen. Two pokemon bravely stepped forward, the Espeon and many, many others following behind them. The blue light coated over each pokemon as they went through, her own eyes meeting the vibrant light as she stepped into the mystery portal. The white light had enveloped her for a moment, color restoring along with unknown sounds; screams and cries, which Nova looked around to see an audience. They were all sitting around, the dome circling the warriors who had gathered. The Espeon's gem flashed, her ear twitching as she looked up to see screens displaying live footage of some of the pokemon. Although her own profile didn't show up, she couldn't help but enjoy the attention, a large grin stretching across her face.

Glaring at the several portals positioned around the contestants, her stare was broke by the Aerodactyl's incredible voice, which was now stronger and louder than before.

"And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!"

Shouts and cheers erupted from the pokemon, Nova unable to restrain herself from bursting out and yowling out with them. The host's voice countered their cries, bellowing out above the noise. Some went silent, not to interrupt the Aerodactyl. The Espeon quieted herself as he spoke. "Combatants, today is the beginning of the Tournament, the First Round. Every Round is different, and there might be different rules that accompany each round. You must follow the rules of each round if you wish to advance to further rounds. This Round is called..."

"The Battle Royale".

Nova's large ears immediately perked up, ready to gather information. Her focus couldn't be broken. "This is a favorite among the Tournament staff as a primary round. The rules are simple. Along with all of the other rules of the Dark Tournament, the purpose of the this round is to defeat your enemies. You have all already been sorted randomly by the Keepers into 16 groups of 32 combatants. In front of you lies 16 portals that will take you to each of your battlegrounds. 16 different battlegrounds, some of which are harsh climates, while others are mysterious deathtraps. 32 Combatants will enter into each of these 16 portals depending on which you were assigned to. The portal will lock behind you, and the battle will commence. The 32 of you will fight each other, until only 16 remain standing. Once only 16 remain, the portal will open again, and the remaining 16 combatants of each of the 16 portals will have advanced to the next round. You lose if you die, get knocked out, are unable to continue fighting, or forfeit. One Keeper will accompany each group to make sure nobody breaks the rules".

"Some of you may appear in a battle area where all of your enemies are right in front of you. Other battlegrounds are much more elaborate, and you might have to search for your enemies. Be warned, some of these battlegrounds have lasted a few minutes, while others have lasted days. I certainly hope you had a good breakfast. The Keepers will now announce where each fighter has been assigned. You will line up in front of your portal, and proceed inside. Good luck," Rector finished, his eyes closing as the 16 Keepers came forward, holding papers in their hands. They individually read out who was assigned to each area, Nova's thoughts storming in her mind while her gem was glowing.

"Where am I going to be assigned? I hope its an easy one. Maybe something medium-sized?". The thought of having to search for your opponents seemed like a waste of time, even if there were around 32 assigned to each portal. She snapped out of her mind at hearing the call of her name and Lorenzo's; both had been assigned to the Mountain Portal. ...A mountain?

"It would seem we fight in the same arena," Lorenzo said, turning to see her, "Let's have each others back, ok?". Nova eagerly nodded, dashing inside along with the Emolga.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gold Tribe

Kent Reed saw who was in his group. Most of them looked like tough, strong Pokemon. He was relieved to see Dylan paired up in the same area as him, a portal called the "Skyscraper Portal". Kent wondered what he'd see there. He walked in after Dylan.

The sensation he first experience when he first walked into the portal leading to the Dark Tournament happened again. He felt himself feel disjointed from his body, and then, he felt himself get separated from reality itself. A moment later, he was reunited with his body in a familiar location, the top of the Spire, the very top. The air was cold, and the pressure was greater, but spread out around the Spire stood 32 fighters, all looking at each other. For a moment, no one moved. Then the Keeper came in, the same Kabutops they had talked to before, and the portal closed. This was the sign that the battling had begun, and Kent didn't miss a beat, as did not the others. Dylan was there, and Kent made his way towards the little Buizel. It was likely that the others would attempt to take him out first, being one of the smallest there.

A bright ball of energy shot at Dylan, and Kent ran in front of him, blocking the energy with his arm. He looked at the Buizel as the fighting erupted at the top of the world. Some Pokemon fought each other in the corners of the small arena. But some were encircling Kent and Dylan. Kent spoke to him.

"Listen up, Dylan. As your mentor, I'm going to teach you things, beginning now. Be ready, and make sure to follow my every command." He made sure the Buizel understood what he was saying, and he placed his back right on Dylan's. "This round is all about survival. You don't have to beat every person here, and, you likely can't. What you have to do, is survive. So here's Lesson one: If you have a friend or ally, use his strength, and combine it with your own, always take the advantages when given. Never seek out foolish demands of pride. Take every advantage given. Take the way we are standing right now, back to back. With this, we have a 360 degree vision of the opponents around us, leaving them no chance to sneak attack. Now.." The Pokemon around began to get closer to them. "...slowly begin moving with me in a circle, so we are able to have a complete view of them. Keep your back against mine." Kent twirled around, keeping his vision on the advancing Pokemon.

"If you have any ranged attacks, use them...NOW!" Kent yelled, activating his Thunder on two Pokemon that were approaching them. One was sent back, and rolled to a halt, having difficult getting up. The second was pushed back a ways over, then over the side of the Spire, and fell to his death. He assumed the Buizel also unleased a similar attack. The other Pokemon surrounding them looked away, some departing to fight other foes, while a few more remained. They weren't surrounded anymore.

"We are no longer surrounded." Kent took his back off of Dylan. "Stay close to me. Let's give them hell." Kent said, taking on a Sandslash and a Golem, while keeping his eye on Dylan as well, who was closeby him. Both of the Pokemon were intense warriors. Kent unleashed his Close Combat on the Golem, who fell back, injured, only to get up a few seconds later, and charge the Zangoose with a Take Down. Kent leaped out of the way, but got hit on the shoulder. The Sanslash came in from behind, and attempted to swipe at Kent, but Kent blocked his Slash with his own, and then Slashed the Sandslash on his chest. The Pokemon yelped, giving Kent an opening to
    use an Aerial Ace. The Sandslash fell down, knocked out, but while Kent was battling the Sandslash, the Golem hit him from behind with a Rock Throw. He grunted in pain, and turned to face the enemy. He was strong, that was for sure. Kent decided to try something else. He ran from the Golem, who came charging with a Take Down. Kent kept running until he was at the edge of the Spire. The Golem smiled, and charged at him with his Take Down. Kent smiled, and, at the last moment, jumped in the air, avoiding the hit, and sending the Golem over the side of the Spire. Kent panted a bit, holding his shoulder. The Golem was strong. If he was in the Alpha Alliance, he might have been able to become a Gold Tribe member.

That's when Kent realized. This Tournament was no joke. Everyone here was decorated warriors from where they came from. Kent had to be careful. He check up on how Dylan was doing, seeing if he needed any help, or if he was holding his own.

Kingdom of Tollen

The first thing Zachary realized as he went into the portal was how incredibly cold it was. He wouldn't be able to fly here, which put him at a major disadvantage. Zachary observed the cold climate, a blizzard currently in progress. He didn't remember himself ever being this cold before. He hoped the others were in better areas.

Zachary wandered the frozen wasteland for a while, seeing absolutely nothing but snow and ice. There were no enemies, no Pokemon around to fight. Was he sent to the wrong area? Was he already in hell? Zachary didn't know, but suddenly, he felt him foot accidentally step on something hidden in the snow. He looked, and saw a Victreebell. It was frozen, probably dead. Zachary stepped back. It must have been one of the Pokemon who came to fight here.

This made Zachary worry. Already at least one had fallen here, and for some reason, the weather appeared to be getting colder and colder...

Region of Argos

Inside the portal called the "Plain Portal" was exactly what the name had suggested. As far as the eye could see, it was nothing more than plains. The air was cool and fresh, and the climate was nice. It didn't seem like the kind of area that would be a stage for a bloodbath. Yet, it was, and Derrick Onkai was ready. He wandered around, looking through his good eye at the area around, when he heard a growl behind him. It was a Venasaur, and a large one. A very large one. It faced the Lucario, a grin seeming to form his face. Derrick turned to face it. The Venasaur didn't waste a moment. It launched a Razor Leaf at the Lucario. Derrick evaded left and right, trying to get closer to the beast, but the Venasaur now launched a Vine Whip at him. The whips were fast, and Derrick had to activate Extremespeed in order to evade the attack. Derrick was able to get closer. The Venasaur launched another attack on him, an Earthquake. This caused Derrick to jumped into the air, and launch a Close Combat at the Venasaur. Derrick felt the impact of his own attack, but in the process, understood that the pain the Venasaur experience was ten fold that which he took. So he knew: it hurt. Venasaur roared in pain, before sending another Razor Leaf at the Lucario. Derrick evaded with Extremespeed, only this time, also send the Extremespeed at the Venasaur as an attack. The resulting hit caused the Venasaur to tip over, and fall. To make sure he was out, Derrick launched an Aura Sphere on the Pokemon. It didn't budge, Derrick won. But the resulting battle had caused three new Pokemon to appear, a Feraligatr, a Dragonite, and a Raticate. He looked over them, then noticed they were all wearing the same emblem. Derrick should his head and cursed his luck, having to fight three Pokemon from the same nation.

They attacked in unison. Feraligatr and Dragonite attacked with a Hydro Pump and a Dragonbreath, ranged, while the Raticate came up close and attacked with a Hyper Fang. Derrick acted fast, dodging the two ranged attacks, and facing the Raticate up close as he tried biting him. Lucario grabbed his teeth before he bit him, and broke them. He then punched at him, mostly on his jaw with a Close Combat. The Raticate screamed in pain.

But the other two Pokemon had already begun moving toward Derrick. They were fast. Feraligatr Slash the Lucario on his back, while Dragonite hovered above and launched a Hyper Beam at him. They were going for the kill in the get-go. Derrick couldn't dodge both of the attacks, and decided to dodge the Hyper Beam, while allowing the Slash to hit him. He yelled in pain for a moment, then charged the Feraligatr, not concerned with the Dragonite, who wouldn't be able to attack him right away because he was recharging. He had to finish off the Ferligatr fast.

Derrick launched an Aura Sphere at the Feraligatr, then hit him again, this time with a Close Combat. Feraligatr retaliated with a Water Gun, but the Lucario was fast, and hit him again with an Extremespeed, knocking him out. He then turned his attention to the Dragonite, who hovering in mid-air, a noticable sweat mark on him. He was still unable to attack, so Derrick to this moment to launch everything he had at him. First, a Dark Pulse, to knock him out of the sky, then, he hit him with a Close Combat on the ground. He was about to finish him with an Aura Sphere, when the Raticate attack him with a Body Slam. Derrick fell back, but got up quickly. He could feel that he probably cracked a rib, and his chin had a bit of blood on it.

Still, he struck once more for the two of them, hitting the Raticate and Dragonite with an Aura Sphere, then a Dark Pulse. The two were down for the count.

Derrick panted, tired. He looked at the four enemies knocked on the ground in front of him. But he knew he wasn't done yet. Derrick used a Heal Pulse on himself, trying to get his body back to fighting condition, when another Pokemon appeared in front of him, a Rhyperior. He groaned.

"You wanna piece of me to, ugly? Bring it." He said, and watched as the giant Pokemon charged at him.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
    Nova the Espeon
    Kingdom of Tollen

Upon entering, her sight restored along with her other senses. The kicked into immediate action, Nova almost completely slipping when she shifted her leg in the wrong direction. Her claws dug and scratched into the earthy material of the mountain, breaking her fall, but just barely. The Espeon's gem had went black with the paralyzing shock of her slip, slowly regaining color as she took a few deep breathes to gather herself again. "Gotta be more careful, Nova," she said to herself, the Espeon using her Psychic powers to gather rocks, making them slowly into larger ones for platforms to jump on. Releasing her grip, she jumped on each at a normal pace, each of the 3 pedestals breaking apart and re-forming after she leaped to the next.

Her alien eyes scanned the mountain for other Pokemon, the Espeon spotting up ahead a group of two climbing downward to the flat edge that was hovering over her. It was a Hitmonchan and a Rhyperior. "Time to get dirty...". Letting her collected rocks stick back into the mountain, she used them to climb up, hiding beneath the edge. Hearing their heavy feet stomp onto the hard rock, she leaped up from the side, swinging her body and smacking the Hitmochan nearly off the platform. It managed to get a hold with one arm, struggling to pull itself up. The Rhyperior barely had time to react, too slow to realize her sudden attack. A serious expression cut into its face at the sight of Nova.

The pokemon swung its sturdy arm at her with overwhelming power, although it missed by a mile as Nova had already slid behind the large rock pokemon to evade its slow moves. Tsking at her opponent, the Espeon's gem flashed a vibrant gold along with her eyes, a wave of force immediately sent out at the rock type. The Rhyperior had gathered several rocks to shield itself, nonetheless it was blown off by her Hidden Power, the foe hitting and recoiling off the cliff side in screams of pure terror. Her eyes followed the pokemon down the mountain, a sudden, yet hard punch in the head nearly knocking her brains out.

The Hitmonchan was back up, one of its hands rapidly coating into ice for an Ice punch. Nova, dazed as she was, couldn't manage to dodge in time. The attack smacked her in the face, the edges of snow crystals scratching her nose, forehead, and cheeks. The Espeon only managed to get a grip on the cliff side using her tiny claws. Looking up, the Hitmochan had a large, vengeful smirk on it's face in pleasure to her struggle. Her anger only grew, the blood dripping down her face, which was now forming into a creepy smile. "Your going to be punished for that".

Nova let out a twisted laugh, having her long and powerful tail grip tightly onto the fighting type's arm in an instant. The Espeon merely let go, swinging below the platform as the fighting type clung to the nearest rock for dear life. The substitute anchor worked well, the psychic flipping back to the other side of the small edge and letting her tail go haywire. It only managed to hit the foe in its side, alerting the fighting type she wasn't dead, though Nova could tell by it's expression the pokemon knew it was too late. Her gem glowed red, a similar red light enveloping the Hitmonchan as she levitated it off the ground with Psychic. It didn't take much for her to move the pokemon off the mountain, the Espeon's power holding tightly onto her foe despite its struggles. The only thing she couldn't stop was the pokemon's cries, as it was literally shouting for help at this point.

"P-please! Help! Spare me, please!" it pleaded out, the fighting type's body completely immobile. Nova chuckled, "And why on earth would I do that? Accept your punishment like a big boy- I promise it will be a fast and less painful one".

Letting her powers drop, she watched the Hitmonchan flail around midair in screams, its body disappearing through the dark clouds below. Her eyes and head quickly moved backwards, looking for other contestants. None were visible, that is, until a familiar Emolga popped into view. The Espeon rubbed away the bits of blood that were on her slightly damaged face using her paw.

"Lorenzo, over here! That is you, right?" Nova waved with a smile, her tail swinging from side to side in happiness to see him. She was slightly hurt, however the squirrel appeared just fine, and that was enough to make some of her 'pain' go away.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
    There was no way to dodge the attack, and Dylan closed his eyes, ready to be blasted into bits. But it didn't come. Opening one of his eyes, Dylan say Kent standing next to him, and the Buizel sighed in relief. Glad to see his tutor on the battlefield, Dylan stayed next to him, his fists ready to swing at anyone close.

"Listen up, Dylan. As your mentor, I'm going to teach you things, beginning now. Be ready, and make sure to follow my every command." He made sure the Buizel understood what he was saying, and he placed his back right on Dylan's. "This round is all about survival. You don't have to beat every person here, and, you likely can't. What you have to do, is survive. So here's Lesson one: If you have a friend or ally, use his strength, and combine it with your own, always take the advantages when given. Never seek out foolish demands of pride. Take every advantage given. Take the way we are standing right now, back to back. With this, we have a 360 degree vision of the opponents around us, leaving them no chance to sneak attack. Now...slowly begin moving with me in a circle, so we are able to have a complete view of them. Keep your back against mine." Kent twirled around, keeping his vision on the advancing Pokemon.

Dylan obeyed and stood back to back with Kent, looking at the other 180 degrees, feeling much safer with a Veteran standing behind his back. The others were fighting each other, and some of them were ignoring them, busy with their own fights and battles, so things weren't so threatening yet. But then, some Pokemon had spotted them, and they were approaching step by step.

"If you have any ranged attacks, use them...NOW!" Kaiser cried, and Dylan flung his arms, sending crescent blades towards two incoming Pokemon. He had no idea what was happening on Kaiser's side, but some large explosions could be heart. Assuming he was alright, Dylan continued to fling the blades like a machine gun, sending swarms of them away in a cone shape. A few blades managed to trip and incoming enemy, and some blades managed to push one off the edge. Thinking about the fall made Dylan shiver but he kept his guards up, glancing around cautiously.

"We are no longer surrounded." Kent took his back off of Dylan. "Stay close to me. Let's give them hell." Nodding slowly, Dylan followed from behind, not daring to run off again, then watched in awe as Kaiser fended off a few Pokemon at the front. Turning around, Dylan saw his own enemies. A Makuhita and a Quilava lunged forwards together, both running towards the Buizel. The Makuhita ran forward, punching Dylan, but Dylan dodged to one side just in time and pushed the enemy away with a weak force of water energy. The Quilava charged himself with Fire, and rolled towards his opponent with a large Flame Wheel, but Dylan smirked, knowing his type advantage, and charged towards the Quilava as well. The red and blue collided, and a large boom echoed around the arena. Then the blue color took over, and the red blob was sent flying to the other side of the place.

Just then the Makuhita appeared from behind, and Mach Punch'd the Buizel's back with his red, glowing fist, forcing a loud scream out of Dylan's mouth. Dylan turned around, his fist ready to punch as a counterattack, but when he did, the Makuhita caught it in mid air with his hand, then grabbed Dylan's other hand, holding them both. Then spinning clockwise, the Makuhita brought Dylan airborne by turning and spinning faster and faster with Seismic toss. After a few seconds, the fighting Pokemon let go, and Dylan was thrown over the edge...

Silence (which probably freaked Kaiser out). But then, Dylan returned to the arena by FLYING, his double tail spinning rapidly like a propeller (acting like Tail's tail in Sonic), his body hanging from below. Dylan laughed when the Makuhita was awestruck, then launched a water ball at him, pushing him away, then landed next to his tutor once again, panting slightly.

"SUCKAH!" Dylan screamed, whipping up a mini blizzard, protecting Kaiser as well as himself, the hail protecting them.

-Dylan Demetrius

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
    Lorenzo The speedster" Aria
    Kingdom of Tollen

The Golem fell to the ground, he was badly injured and one more move would finish him.

"No, please..." He begged, as he desperately tried to stand up.

"...You were too easy." Lorenzo commented.

"Your not used to fighting and had no chance of winning... why would you ever enter the tournament." Lorenzo saw a locket around the Golems neck.

He took it and opened it up to see a picture of a geodude inside, it was only about three years old. On the other side was a picture of the Golem. Outside the locket the words "Roxanne and Daddy" were engraved. Lorenzo felt a massive wave of guilt as he saw the Golem was crying.

"We're poor y'see." The Golem sobbed.

"I...I thought if I had the ultimate power I'd be able to provide for her..."

Lorenzo handed the locket back to the Golem and helped him up.

"Your in the tournament now, theres no way around that..." Lorenzo said as the Golem recomposed himself.

"and I'm not giving up here, but you've got to survive for your daughter..." Lorenzo finished.

The Golem bowed and spoke.

"Thank you sir, you are truly a most generous pokemon..." and with that the Golem cautiously walked off.

"Lorenzo, over here! That is you, right?"

Lorenzo turned to see Nova walking upwards towards him, she was waving with a smile on her face and her tail waving back and forth in happiness.

"Ah Nova!" Lorenzo said with glee.

"I was just about to start searching for y..." Lorenzo was interupted by a slight sound he barely picked up with his sensitive hearing. His species didn't have large ears for nothing.

"Nova move!" He cried as he rushed into her with extrme speed pushing her back.

The wave of darkness energy crashed into Lorenzo throwing him back, it was the extremely powerful dark type move, Dark Pulse and it had come from a thick fog in front of them.

Suddenly a Cammerupt caming charging down a small passage to the right. The strange being in the fog fired a small orb of darkness which grew and engulfed the camerupt sending him into a deep sleep. The pokemon in the fog then fired another wave of darkness which hurled the sleeping camerupt off the edge of the mountain.

A dark laugh came from the fog.

"Haha...ahahaha...BWAHAHAHAH! So which one of you wants to die next."

The fog began to clear and in its place stood the true form of the evil creature before them... A Darkrai!

It once again began to speak.

"No answer huh? No matter I'll defeat you both at once!"

The darkrai fired two massive pulses of energy one directed at Lorenzo the other at Nova.

Last edited:

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Genevieve Demetrius
    Gold Tribe

Genevieve landed on her feet as she joined others in the Plain Portal. The name was definitely right, nothing but plains as for as the eye could see. Genevieve looked around and found out that there was no Pokemon in sight. But there had been 32 that had came in, so either they were hiding or this place was much bigger then she had originally thought. It couldn't have been the first one, there was nothing to hide behind it was just plains. So the second was probably the answer.

Genevieve started to walk, keeping her eyes peeled. Her ears twitched as she thought she heard soft footsteps. Genevieve continued to walk slowly, not wanting to tip off her attack that she knew they were there. She wasn't quick enough to avoid the attack that came, it all happened so quickly. Genevieve was hit by a thunder punch which caused her to spin around to face her attacker. Genevieve came face-to-face with an Ampharos. The Ampharos put its hands around the gem on its head and a beam of light shot out. The beam hit Genevieve, but didn't cause any harm she just started to get a little dizzy. Genevieve was able to shake it off in time to duck down to avoid another Thunder Punch. While ducking Genevieve blasted the Ampharos with an Extrasensory. The Ampharos stumbled backwards a little and Genevieve got back to her feet. Before the Ampharos had a chance to recover from the shock, Genevieve opened her mouth and breathed a flame at it. The flame caught the Ampharos off guard and hit its target. The Ampharos screamed in pain and started to flap its arms, to cool off her fur. Genevieve took this time to use a Dark Pulse which hit and the Ampharos fell to the ground unmoving. She knew she wasn't dead, Genevieve could see its labored breath as it layed there. But she couldn't bring herself to killing it. After all the Ampharos was out, it had been knocked out.

Genevieve turned around to start walking, but someone else had other plans. As she turned around she was hit by a Gullotine. Genevieve fell to the ground and a Gligar flew over. The Gligar flew quickly over to her and slammed into her, using a Quick Attack. The attack hit her and before the Gligar could fly away again Genevieve grabbed it by one of its arms. Pulling it closer, she opened her mouth and breathed fire on it. After being hit Gligar wiggled in her grip, trying to get free. Then the Gligar jabbed its stinger into her arm. Genevieve yelped in pain as she let go of it. The Gligar flew away, using this chance to get away. Using this time the Gligar flew towards her and slashed at her. Genevieve took a couple slashes, but were able to avoid the others. She quickly did another Inferno which knocked Gligar to the ground. Genevieve looked down at the fallen Gligar, it couldn't get up so she left it there. Genevieve started to walk again and then got dizzy quickly. She had to sit down, a nauseating feeling came over her as a small amount of her strength was taken. Genevieve glanced back at the Gligar. He poisoned me....It must have been the sting. No matter, I have to keep going... Genevieve thought as she stood up. She started to slowly walk, reserving her energy.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Azar Polterus​

Azar waited at the Spire, along with the other contestants. The host, a Kabutops, was making introductory speech. Ya, ya whatever, Azar thought as the speech went on. When the speech finished, the ground began to shake. Azar calmly waited for the shaking to pass but the platform was an elevator, and began to bring Azar up to wherever. When the Platform stopped, a Portal lay in front of the contestants. Some Pokemon began walking in, so Azar followed suit. Azar was transferred to another area, with many Pokemon cheering. The host began to speak. "And now, I formally welcome the combatants, and the audience, to THE DARK TOURNAMENT!" The entire arena erupted in loud cheers and howls, and yet somehow, The Host's booming voice managed to reach all of them just fine.

The Battle Royale

Azar listened as Rector spoke. He looked over the other combatants to see them also eagerly awaiting. Rector continued.

Azar took a look around, to see who he would be combating against.

Azar gulped at the mentioning of a few days. There were Pokemon reading lists to appoint certain Pokemon to certain portals.

" Azar Polterus, Darkness Portal," Azar snickered. Darkness, my speciality. Before Azar jumped into the portal, he heard Alvah's name called to the same portal. Azar waited for Alvah to show up.

" It seems were in the same battlefield," Azar acknowledged. Alvah nodded.

" We should stick together, after all, we are on the same side," Azar added. Alvah nodded, then the two jumped into the portal. The Battlefield was Pitch Black. Azar noticed a Pidgeot aimlessly trotting around the Battlefield. Azar leaped at the Pidgey, and threw a Ice Punch square on the Pidgey's head, knocking it off the Platform.

" Thirty-one fighters remain," a voice boomed. Azar looked around the Platform, seeing for who else he could prey on.

" Thirty fighters remain," the voice added.

(OOC: I hope I did the Battlefield right, the Darkness one is just a Platform in pitch black, right?)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Gold Tribe

Kent turned to see Dylan be flung over the edge of the Spire. Kent screamed out to him.

"Dylan!" He yelled. There was silence, and for a moment, Kent thought that his pupil was gone. But what he saw next, he didn't expect. It was Dylan, using his tails to propel himself in the air, basically flying. He then launched a water ball at the Makuhita he was facing, and landed next to Kent, yelling.

"SUCKAH!"

Kent looked at him for a moment, impressed. He turned back to the enemies, speaking once more to Dylan.

"You are full of surprises, young Buizel." He said, charging at a Rapidash. "Come! Let's strike these Pokemon together!" He yelled to him, aiming at the Rapidash with a Slash. He looked to Dylan to finish it off.

"Adapting to situations is a crucial lesson in fighting. Make sure to take advantage whenever you can! For example, against this Rapidash, use your type effectiveness, don't use other attacks that would have less damage. Now! Use one of your water attacks!" Kent commanded, holding down the injured Rapidash.

Region of Argos

Derrick Onkai faced the Rhyperior who now charged at him. He was still injured from taking on the other four Pokemon earlier, so he was slower in moving against this beast. Fortunately, Rhyperiors weren't fast Pokemon, or so he thought. Derrick began to move out of the way of the Rhyperior's Giga Impact, only to see the Pokemon's speed seemingly double, and cause him to charge right into the Lucario. Derrick fell back, but wasn't out. He got up again, and saw the Rhyperior charging once more. Derrick had to be quick this time. He waited for the right moment.

Once the Rhyperior was right next to him, he jumped up, and got right on top of his head. The Rhyperior couldn't completely stop to a halt, so he kept running, until he ran into a large rock, crushing it. Derrick, on top of the Lucario's head, powered up his Dark Pulse, and hit it straight on the back of the Pokemon's head. He was out cold instantly.

With that Pokemon down, that made five enemies, five strong enemies, that Derrick had taken out. Needless to say, he was pretty tired. He decided to rest once more, this time, hopefully without any interruptions, as he began healing himself again with Heal Pulse.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
    Shiro heard his previous attacker not too far off attacking something else. Running (the best he could with his wounds) toward the noise he found it facing off against the Duchess. Frowning a little Shiro knew he shouldn't interfere with the fight since that would be disrespectful to the Duchess' honor. Instead he stood ready to attack anybody else who might interfere with the battle, or if the dragon defeated the Duchess he could be there to finish it off and protect the Duchess from death.

Shiro didn't quite realize his inaction could actually be taken as an offense or betrayal by his ally. He assumed the Duchess would be as honorable as him and wouldn't dishonor him by attacking his foe in battle. He then carefully watched the battle in front of him while keeping a careful eye to his surroundings to make sure he wasn't caught off guard by any other foes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back