• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    New Zealand? So close! I'm in Sydney! I though you guys where on like -5:00 or something XD

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Were ahead of u Garethp by about 3 hrs

any way an update

More code optimizastion should speed the client up by atleast 30-40%
    im also working on a way to reduce the amount of data were send down to about 3% of what were using now which will potentionally mena we can have 8 - 10 times the amount of ppl on the server

demo on sunday

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2006
    This sunday? If so, sweet!

Though, by 700 sprites, does the include current pokemon, or brand new pokemon?

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • We have said this hundreds of times:

We will only be including the original 150 pokemon
    700 is the number of playable characters included in the final game (100 sets, 7 colours of each)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2006
    We have said this hundreds of times:

We will only be including the original 150 pokemon
    700 is the number of playable characters included in the final game (100 sets, 7 colours of each)

Sorry, sorry..
    I just didn't really feel like going through 20 pages to get my question answered..

Years
  • Umm try using the "search this thread" button, and you would have found your answer,

Anyway, It's Sunday!! Hope the beta will come out today xD

Mclenz

Master Mclenz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    Wait a little bit, it'll come. And for those of you who might get upset if it doesn't come today, we've had set backs watching this thread before, so don't worry about it. This is going to be the greatest Pokemon game practically ever made. Let's just sit and pray that we get the demo today (woah, that rhymed).

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Must be setbacks... it was meant to come out yesterday so maybe they either found more bugs or they finished late last night and haven't gotten round to uploading it...

Waudby

Im sure the demo will be out soon. My guess is they are making final checks and tests. just be patient.

Anyway, games sounded great guys cant wait to test it.

Keep up the good work!

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Yea sorry about that guys studing has slowed me down

some good news the server is basically doubling its internet throughput which is nice

thats happening on the 26th so 4 days time

Im predicting there will be down time always is when they upgrade the network

found a few subs i didnt finish, ment to finish or havent started yet so im slowly working on those, hmm 4 weeks till exams so i might wait till hafter my exams to release it so i can focus on some studying

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    No, basically what happens is that it will slowly disappear. This is exactly what happened with every single version. "Yeah, my life's really busy so it'll take longer then I thought," turns into "Yeah, it'll be out eventually," to "I don't know!"

I'm just saying that's the exact pattern everytime. It seems to be falling into it, but don't get all offended if you guys are actually accomplishing stuff!

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • you guys aren't being fair. they didn't have to develop anything at all. but what happens when you expect support from others? they expect utter preciseness and only care to get things from the project and not provide any help. you guys should be more supportive considering it's something they are putting together with their own time and money for us to enjoy free of charge. i don't see how they could've managed to get what they have done already while being students. i gotta say, i'm a student myself and i barely have time to do anything of the sort. it's impressive, and all you care to think is that it's the "usual"? it upsets me that you could be so insensitive.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • i'm a student myself and i barely have time to do anything of the sort.

School sucks for free time.

Yes well i dont see anyone else coding a game from scratch. its not as simple as an engine where u can just throw things togther. you have to write subs perfectly or it will cause an illusive RTE9, which is the worst cos it leaves you with no clue as to which part is going wrong.

And then you get users say its crap cos its not as pretty as they want it to be and then you get
    No, basically what happens is that it will slowly disappear. This is exactly what happened with every single version. "Yeah, my life's really busy so it'll take longer then I thought," turns into "Yeah, it'll be out eventually," to "I don't know!"
    Well i dont see you doing anything to help or make it come out quicker so what are you complaining about you'll get it when you get it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back