• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Piratite[Preview Available]

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I don't see why it wouldn't work to have a Pokemon Center in the starting town. Besides, to clear up any continuity errors, you could just have a script at the front desk where if you step on the tile to talk to the nurse, some random guy tells you not to bother the people there unless you have some pokemon to heal. And when you use the givepokemon prompt for when you get a starter, simply setting a flag will prevent that from happening again.

Also, there's a small error on the right side. Two tiles have some grass left, but other that it looks even better. Hope it comes along nicely.

Can you point the errors out to me? Specifics always help and thank you for the encouragement.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Can you point the errors out to me? Specifics always help and thank you for the encouragement.

No problem at all.
pic4xp8.jpg

Though my eyes may be playing tricks on me for that top circle. Other than that it's great.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
NeroTown-1.jpg

Thanks. There were errors in both spots you pointed out. Now to find someone to script for me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Saw this in Zanacross' signature. Sounds awesome. I'd offer help if I had the resources and knowledge.

Though I don't actually know what Pokemon game hacks are, I'll sit around here and see, since it's interesting. xD

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Thanks for the compliment. I'm working on my second map now and trying to find someone to script since apparently Kebbles can't.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I would like to possibly like to see some more plans for this Luke

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Well, I posted some screen shots of the first scripts (done graciously by wngzero17 despite my Grammar Nazism and my persistent perfectionist attitudes). I am also revamping the first post. Currently looking for someone to make banners so the first thread looks prettier.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Personlay I think your map looks a bit empty. Maybe adding some more trees or bushes and flowers will make it look a little more "lively". It just looks empty to me.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Well, you do have a point. Maybe if I get some more tiles of different color flowers, I'll splash more of them on the map. I also posted new screen shots, an updated map, and a banner by mistersmeargle.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I like the Fire Red / Leaf Green ROM base, so I think I'll keep it. However, I think I'll insert custom tiles if the situation calls for it. And I explain to you the meaning behind the Majestic Milotic already. ;)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I think you overdone those flowers over by that one house. Don't make that many of them. Cut the number of flowers you used in half and it will be good. I like your mapping skills though.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Well, the number of flowers is kind of a result of the personality who the people who live there. When you play the hack, you'd understand. xD I don't normally group that many flowers together.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Hey blueberry how will clamperl evolve because in the previous games clamperl evolved by trading.
Are you going to make the evolution different depending on which stats are higher like the 3 hitmon's?

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
*sniff*sniff* You have cast my banner aside like a filthy rag. *sniff*sniff*

Now for the serious part.

Oh wait, no serious part right now, ah well.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Hey blueberry how will clamperl evolve because in the previous games clamperl evolved by trading.
Are you going to make the evolution different depending on which stats are higher like the 3 hitmon's?

Luke has something involving touching a rock. I think.

What he said. Depends on who I can get to script such an event. I'm also thinking of adding a special Third Evolution, but that depends on if I can get someone to sprite it for me. As you can see, either of these possibilities depend on what resources I have available.

*sniff*sniff* You have cast my banner aside like a filthy rag. *sniff*sniff*

Now for the serious part.

Oh wait, no serious part right now, ah well.

I liked your banner, but it didn't look official enough. Thanks for the offer though. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back