• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Piratite[Preview Available]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodthrister

Part of the TSC
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    are you planning to get genderspecific sprites btw?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • For what? Pokemon? Trainers? There's going to be a male and a female trainer if that's what you're asking.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • There's one Pokemon in particular I'm editing the female sprite of, but I want to keep that a surprise for when it's revealed.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • There's one Pokemon in particular I'm editing the female sprite of, but I want to keep that a surprise for when it's revealed.

There's just one tiny problem with that, I am fairly sure it would take some hexing to make gender specific sprites actually work....not positive tho.
    So Yeh....Just sayin'.
    Anywhoo, This looks great so far Blueberry! Nice to see some new hackers blossoming here! You seem to be fairly talented in the hacking degree, so It seems like this could go pretty far bud!
    Also, as I said In the PM, If you ever need any help at all(besides spriting and hexing) just ask me. I would like to do some pallete editing for you if that's alright, and if you need proof just send me a PM okay?
    Well,
    BOL!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Well, I'll figure it out when need be. So many offers to edit palettes for me. O__O; Oh and I added new screen shots.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    this hack is going really, love the maps and specially the story,only one thing........why clamperl?honestly this pokemon doesn't appeal a lot to me........but asides from that everything else is good.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Clamperl is one of my favorite Water-types and it's a Pokemon that you never see as a starter. Thanks.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That FoxHound sounds helluva sexy. Too bad he never does anything on time.

Oh wait...

It's looking great Luke, maybe I'll have some more sprites done soon :)

bloodthrister

Part of the TSC
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    ive just made a very quick sketch, but the scanner isnt working :S

do you also want some pokédex info on the pokemon? Or do you want to make that up yourself?:P

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I'll be making it myself. Well, I'm sorry about your scanner. Can't wait to see it when I can.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I like the whole idea of the story and good luck. Just a suggestion, maybe you could change more of the tiles like the color of the grass, which should be easy for after you learn how to edit tiles. again good luck!

bloodthrister

Part of the TSC
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    Well it kinda looks like a swordfish >_< and it was just a 5 minute sketch after I saw one on a commercial :P so dont expect too much of it :p I would also prefer to keep it black and white (i'm color blind, so then I'm 100% sure it also looks like that to people who can see colors :P) if thats not too much trouble.

Ill go scan it at the neighbours tomorrow (or today cuz its 0:05 here:P) so you'll see it soon

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Alright cool. Just updated screen shots with the fixed scripts and maps. Added some CSS as well until I can figure out another way to make the first post pretty.

I also need someone who can make a better Milotic OW. That one is temporary.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    You should add a what your currently doing part to the front page. That way we know what your doing

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Y'know what, I have a Narwhal-esque sprite of a fan Poke I made, let me see if i can find it.

Also, here is a Milotic OW:
    Pokemon Piratite[Preview Available]

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I really like that OW mistersmeargle. I'll insert it as soon as I can. Thanks.

bloodthrister

Part of the TSC
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    ^^ lol yours looks a little bit like mine (or vice versa) :P
    I couldnt scan it in yet(its a drawing with pencil and paper:P) I'm no good spriter so that won't be a good idea :P Hope you can find some more good spriters though

cuz in my opinion MisterSmeargle is a good one ;)

Btw do you give some courses for spriting mister??

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back