• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'd really like it if they made gen 3 all in to just two games. [S-HIGHLIGHT]A game that remakes Ruby with Fire Red and Sapphire with Leaf Green + Emerald Features[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

It's possible, Nintendo knows they could massively capitalize on this. Considering the fandom HG/SS got with two regions and also considering it would be awkward to remake firered and leafgreen as stand alone title. I reckon Nintendo would profit greatly from putting them both together. They'd pull in the hardcore pokemon crowd instantly.

Yeah, it'll be weird if only half a Generation is remade (and the other half can't be remade because of their virtue of being remakes, and remaking a remaking is essentially redundant). Furthermore, I'm sort of sad that Lorelei and Agatha are the only members of the Kanto Pokemon League that don't get updated to DS standards, with VS Sprites and animated sprites...
    Moreover, should Ruby and Sapphire be remade, Kanto will be the only region that does not have a 3D version of its original form. Yes, Kanto entered 3D via HGSS, but that was only because it was featured in GSC, and HGSS are remakes of those. It kind of "tagged along." But RBY Kanto and GSC Kanto are different, IMO. The same, for the most part, but certain differences

Giving the player the option to revisit the ORIGINAL Kanto in RS3DS would be feasible, IMO. Since it coincides with the 10-year anniversary of Red and Blue, I'd say it is fitting for Kanto to enter 3D one last time, in its original RBY glory. A game with the bulk of Ruby and Sapphire, integrating Emerald's nifty additions (mainly, the excellent reworked plot and the Battle Frontier) along with a bonus of revisiting Kanto would be chock full of awesome content and replay value. Basically, Ruby+FR and Sapphire+LG.

I have high hopes for Ruby and Sapphire being remade! Sapphire was what hooked me into Pokemon, and Emerald has been wonderful in quenching my Pokemon thirst while I wait to enter Generation IV V... Plus, I miss RSE's original features that were screwed up in DPPt (namely, the Secret Base/Mixing Records mechanics and Contest Combos+Rounds) Finally, I'd like to see how Emerald's Battle Frontier would work out with the new Pokemon...would it be become easier or ramped up in difficulty...

IMO, compatibility issues of Gen II-Gen III aren't exactly a reason for HGSS being released. Johto Pokemon could still be obtained in Generation III via visiting the Sevii Islands of FRLG, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD. Granted, the methods of obtaining them are very rigorous, but it can be done. Yet HGSS got remade, making the process much more easier to obtain Johto Pokemon. The same for Hoenn Pokemon. Yeah, BW will be indirectly compatible with RSE, but you'll have to go through a long process to import Hoenn Pokemon all the way to BW (worsened in DPPt, because of the Pal Park daily limit) If RS3DS were released, the "process" would be made so much easier, which is exactly what HGSS managed to do.

However, I admit the RSE themselves are still needed/useful, especially since utilizing them is the only way to get Regigigas in Generation IV without an event... Maybe RS3DS will help to rectify this specific absolute dependency of Generation III cartridges for a Gen IV Legendary?

Well, I still have high hopes for the future release of RS3DS... The main problem is that it isn't as necessary as HGSS. The strict incompatibility of Gen II-III can still be used as a valid reason, although not a absolutely major one, for HGSS's existence. RSE loses the "advantage" of being incompatible with the current Gen (which can be argued as one of the main reason for a remake), since Gen IV makes it indirectly compatible. The adequate graphics, and that RSE can still be played today (something I can attest to in Emerald) lessen the chances of RS3DS...

Maybe that Berry Glitch "internal battery depletion" from RSE will up the chances for RS3DS in some way...? :cer_confused:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Yeah, it'll be weird if only half a Generation is remade (and the other half can't be remade because of their virtue of being remakes, and remaking a remaking is essentially redundant). Furthermore, I'm sort of sad that Lorelei and Agatha are the only members of the Kanto Pokemon League that don't get updated to DS standards, with VS Sprites and animated sprites...
    Moreover, should Ruby and Sapphire be remade, Kanto will be the only region that does not have a 3D version of its original form. Yes, Kanto entered 3D via HGSS, but that was only because it was featured in GSC, and HGSS are remakes of those. It kind of "tagged along." But RBY Kanto and GSC Kanto are different, IMO. The same, for the most part, but certain differences

Giving the player the option to revisit the ORIGINAL Kanto in RS3DS would be feasible, IMO. Since it coincides with the 10-year anniversary of Red and Blue, I'd say it is fitting for Kanto to enter 3D one last time, in its original RBY glory. A game with the bulk of Ruby and Sapphire, integrating Emerald's nifty additions (mainly, the excellent reworked plot and the Battle Frontier) along with a bonus of revisiting Kanto would be chock full of awesome content and replay value. Basically, Ruby+FR and Sapphire+LG.

I have high hopes for Ruby and Sapphire being remade! Sapphire was what hooked me into Pokemon, and Emerald has been wonderful in quenching my Pokemon thirst while I wait to enter Generation IV V... Plus, I miss RSE's original features that were screwed up in DPPt (namely, the Secret Base/Mixing Records mechanics and Contest Combos+Rounds) Finally, I'd like to see how Emerald's Battle Frontier would work out with the new Pokemon...would it be become easier or ramped up in difficulty...

IMO, compatibility issues of Gen II-Gen III aren't exactly a reason for HGSS being released. Johto Pokemon could still be obtained in Generation III via visiting the Sevii Islands of FRLG, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD. Granted, the methods of obtaining them are very rigorous, but it can be done. Yet HGSS got remade, making the process much more easier to obtain Johto Pokemon. The same for Hoenn Pokemon. Yeah, BW will be indirectly compatible with RSE, but you'll have to go through a long process to import Hoenn Pokemon all the way to BW (worsened in DPPt, because of the Pal Park daily limit) If RS3DS were released, the "process" would be made so much easier, which is exactly what HGSS managed to do.

However, I admit the RSE themselves are still needed/useful, especially since utilizing them is the only way to get Regigigas in Generation IV without an event... Maybe RS3DS will help to rectify this specific absolute dependency of Generation III cartridges for a Gen IV Legendary?

Well, I still have high hopes for the future release of RS3DS... The main problem is that it isn't as necessary as HGSS. The strict incompatibility of Gen II-III can still be used as a valid reason, although not a absolutely major one, for HGSS's existence. RSE loses the "advantage" of being incompatible with the current Gen (which can be argued as one of the main reason for a remake), since Gen IV makes it indirectly compatible. The adequate graphics, and that RSE can still be played today (something I can attest to in Emerald) lessen the chances of RS3DS...

Maybe that Berry Glitch "internal battery depletion" from RSE will up the chances for RS3DS in some way...? :cer_confused:

kanto has been in gen1 in red and blue and yellow. its been in gen2 in gold and silver and crystal. its been in gen3 in firered and leefgreen. its been in gen4 in HG and SS. WHY!!!!!!!!??????? i'm bored of the kanto region. its been in all pokemon generations so far. lose the tradition please and forget the kanto region. and there is no way that ruby and sapphire won't be remade. all previous games were remade why stop know when i can't think of anyone who isn't dying to see the ramakes. imagine black and white graphics in the hoenn region with a lot of storyline differences. new characters. and rustboro city looking a little like hiun city and imagine how sootopolis would look like and how diving would look like with the new graphics. imagine the new character sprites and pokemon sprites. just thinking about it makes HG and SS seem old man. really really old. i loved platinum version, but i too started me pokemon obsession with emerald version which is by far one of the best video games in history seeing how it was the first game to bring so many new aspects to the pokemon world like:
    -diving
    -double battles
    -the battle frontier which is by far the best battle fronteir since.
    -more than 10 legendary pokemon in a single generation.
    -being able to catch more legendary pokemon than ever before
    -the pokenav
    -two villains
    -an awsome video during rayquaza's approach
    -two battling legendary pokemon causing the crisis not villains doing so.
    -teaming up with people in double battles.
    -secret bases
    -tall grass
    -two types of bikes
    -lots and lots of side quests and errands before some part of the game can take place.
    -contests
    -those very thin bike rails that make you go back to mauville to get the right mode
    -hidden trainers
    -that route thats between mosdeep and sootopolis that is thicker than any other route.
    -moving water currents
    -an actual danger event where you have to save someone in order to get your first pokemon.

I MEAN i don't know what will happen to me without the remakes. i've always hoped that my favorite game be brought up to date and fixed to be better than any other game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i dont think they would remake RSE because that their still playable on gba or the orginal and 2nd gen DS and if they remade RSE then they would have to remake RBY again, so then i dont think they will do any remakes

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    I would love to have a remake of r/s with emerald plot (and maybe opposite legend aviable after E4) but I think that hints of his remake will be in B&W like FR/LG hints were in R/S, and HG/SS ones were in D/P/PT.
    And if they are going to remake red&green I would love to see them on 3ds, with full 3d graphics and a realtime battle and others features, so it wouldn't be anymore the same kanto, and the series would get a reborn in the same place it arised. It would be EPIC.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    If they remake 3rd Gen Pokemon then they may as well make it a One Game To Rule Them All Thing and just have the one remake incorporate the entire 3rd Gen's stories and perhaps provide more insight, plot wise to Latias, Latios, Jirachi and Deoxys.
    They've more than enough space in a Pokemon game by now to do that and then some.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I thought of an idea that will never be used but I think would be an interesting experiment for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

One, I think should be Sapphire, is on the DS like normal, but it has 3D graphics (like Pokemon Stadium 3D, not like 3DS 3D) and Ruby is identical (if slightly better graphics) on the Wii. I don't think it would be hard to build if they based it on Colosseum or XD.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    If they remake 3rd Gen Pokemon then they may as well make it a One Game To Rule Them All Thing and just have the one remake incorporate the entire 3rd Gen's stories and perhaps provide more insight, plot wise to Latias, Latios, Jirachi and Deoxys.
    They've more than enough space in a Pokemon game by now to do that and then some.

Yeah it would be cool if they didn't remake ruby nor sapphire and just simply remade emerald and added all those new graphical features and pokemon from black and white and probably added the sinnoh region to the game because i've always felt that emerald was a very short game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I want a remake, I like diving!! :3
    Just love the BGM of it...

Actually RSE has the most awesome Pokemon in look and designs:
    Look at Roselia, Blaziken, Absol, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza!!

But if they are gonna make a RS remake...
    I really really hope they won't change any BGM in the game, it is already perfect as it was in RSE.

People just do not know how to appreciate... Keep criticizing RSE this and that...
    We're lucky everytime a new gerneration is inroduce, there are good games don't have any sequel released...

In the end those haters just end up buying it and saying they love certain Pokemon in Gen III.
    D**n s**kers ,they really irk me... :\

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    I know this isn't in HGSS, but in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, on Boyleland island, one of the people there says this:

"My hobby is gems and stones. My favorite is a red, transparent gem, which is named... Oops, the name slipped my mind! It sure was beautiful, though."

Possibly hinting at least Ruby will be remade.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well, I like R/S/E music, but I want hear revamped tracks, like they did in HG/SS...
    I'm sorry I misinterpreted it... I meant by change is like... Hg/Ss... The Slowpoke Well's BGM originally is the same with Dark Cave... But it was changed to Union Cave's BGM :(

I know this isn't in HGSS, but in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, on Boyleland island, one of the people there says this:

"My hobby is gems and stones. My favorite is a red, transparent gem, which is named... Oops, the name slipped my mind! It sure was beautiful, though."

Possibly hinting at least Ruby will be remade.
    Wow it is very obvious that Ruby was implied... Plus Boyleland Island has a volcano right? "Slipped my mind" might also a reference to RS, which was released five years before Ranger 2.
    First time(?) besides main series giving a hint...

At the sametime I don't really get my hopes high on RS getting remake :(
    RSE caused a "fatal damage" to the Pokemon community, the sales were high but not as high as its predecessors and successors(I already count in BW, numbers from BW are from pre-order). So there's a chance Nintendo might not risk it.. :'(

But I believe the Hg/Ss were released due to the voices of the fans... So If they hear our voices again, there might a chance they'll consider it. ;) BTW 2012 is the tenth anniversary of RS.

Last edited:

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    two of the gym leaders are talking about Hoenn and Sinnoh's Pokemon contests when you're looking for rematches

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    At the sametime I don't really get my hopes high on RS getting remake :(
    RSE caused a "fatal damage" to the Pokemon community, the sales were high but not as high as its predecessors and successors(I already count in BW, numbers from BW are from pre-order). So there's a chance Nintendo might not risk it.. :'(

Well, R/S were the best sellers games for GBA, they sold more than gold/silver and they didn't sell like D/P/PT because the people that had a GBA weren't enough...so I'm pretty sure that they will remake them like HG/SS, not for our voices but because remake sell quite well....

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well, R/S were the best sellers games for GBA, they sold more than gold/silver and they didn't sell like D/P/PT because the people that had a GBA weren't enough...so I'm pretty sure that they will remake them like HG/SS, not for our voices but because remake sell quite well....
    I agreed that RS had high sells = =" But you said they sold higher than GS.. I dunno that subject is [still] sorta controversy these days... (But we aren't gonna argue that... It's pointless in my view...)

Instead of getting bothered by the things above... I'm more curious how are they gonna revamp the city? If the building structures in RSE are changed to 3D there are a lot of things really need to be added... RSE sure do looked good during its days, but if they were to appear in Gen V just how they appeared in Gen III with only a few upgrade, it's gonna look boring...
    Hiun City gives more city feel, I hope Rustboro and some other city will have huge revamp...

I hope seasons changes apply to RS remakes, they deserve it they introduce the weather in battle field...

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    In the hg/ss pokemon centers theres a green pokeball cymbol right in the middle of the room. could that sugjest something like the gold and silver pokeballs found on the floor in d/p?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back