• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    I think they will remake R/S but, they won't remake FRLG what would be the point remaking a remake, and what would they call it Blazing Fire Red and Fresh Leaf Green. But I hope it's not a dumb name like Dry Ruby and Wet Sapphire. Also Nintendo don't say anything about anything till they're almost finished.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I think that after the release of Black & White it may be likely you'll see a Ruby/Sapphire remake inbetween a possible generation 6. The sales for the Pokemon games are healthy so... it looks good from that angle.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's incredibly likely...it's an almost certain, unconfirmed event.

I hope they don't add too much of Emerald plotline....although the Battle Frontier should remain, Battle Tents shouldn't....and we shouldn't have a lv.70+ legend pre-E4, or two evil teams...

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    after they remake r/s/e as they definitly will, they should make d/p/pl remakes for the 3ds. but heres the catch. you can save your data of old d/p/pl on a sd card and keep your data but trade the games ina nd play it in 3d!!!!
    that would be cool but probly never happen

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Actualy I think the 2 team plot from emerald should stay the same. emerald was my first game and it was way more exiting than ruby and saphire were.

But i do agree that contests should stay in place of battle tents and that rayquaza should have to wait untill after the E4.

and ABSOLUTELY DO NOT (and i mean DO NOT) ruin the battle frontier like you did in hg/ss. keep it just the way it is in emerald but with the lvl 50 changing and better graphics.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

I hope they don't add too much of Emerald plotline....although the Battle Frontier should remain, Battle Tents shouldn't....and we shouldn't have a lv.70+ legend pre-E4, or two evil teams...
    Now that you mentioned it... Emerald did have slightly different plot with RS.. I guess they'll follow Emerald's rather than RS...
    I think they will remake R/S but, they won't remake FRLG what would be the point remaking a remake, and what would they call it Blazing Fire Red and Fresh Leaf Green. But I hope it's not a dumb name like Dry Ruby and Wet Sapphire. Also Nintendo don't say anything about anything till they're almost finished.
    Well you are right, there is no point of remaking a remake.... BUT if the remake sucks and lack a lot of feature....= I have a idea of my own; instead of a remake for Fr/Lg, they could just have 2 regions in the game... and the Battle Frontier should scatter round the Sevii Islands.

Actualy I think the 2 team plot from emerald should stay the same. emerald was my first game and it was way more exiting than ruby and saphire were.

But i do agree that contests should stay in place of battle tents and that rayquaza should have to wait untill after the E4.

and ABSOLUTELY DO NOT (and i mean DO NOT) ruin the battle frontier like you did in hg/ss. keep it just the way it is in emerald but with the lvl 50 changing and better graphics.
    I dislike the Level 50/Open Level option in Emerald... It should stay the same like D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss's but the facilities should be those 7 facilities again.... :)

Years
    Based on the fact that the remakes of Red/Blue and Gold/Silver took about 8-10 years to come out, it would be the right timeframe for them to release a remake anytime in the next few years. While I don't believe that a remake is a neccessity (considering its possible to move Hoenn Pokemon to Gen IV, and Gen IV Pokemon into Black and White), it is almost a given that they will go through with them, even though I don't see them being as anticipated as HeartGold and SoulSilver were.
    I'll be completely fine with these games as long as they add the Emerald Battle Frontier, and they don't screw it up by changing it too much.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Hell great if there were an Gen III remake.

They should just level-down Rayquaza from 70 to 40-50'ish, instead of making it obtainble after E4. Sure, Mewtwo is obtainable after E4 on Gen I, but you can already capture all 3 Legendary Birds pre-E4. Suicune too on Gen II (Crystal); Ho-oh/Lugia G/S, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina on Gen IV. I also hope it wouldn't be as lame as HGSS grinding-wise.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years

Its most likely that they will remake Emerald instead of just ruby and sapphire. Emerald ties the 2 games together making it a complete story plot. Although they could to a lot to make the story line better and a little darker, I would love to see that. Also the 3D animations Im looking foward to.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Whaaat? They shouldn't make another version exclusives again.

They should remake Emerald with all Hoenn and 3rd gen Pokemon avaible. While the counter part will be a remake of Yellow. NOT AS IN A REMAKE OF THE 1ST GEN GAMES. As in a game slightly based on the anime and orange islands and an advanced and twisted story. All 1st gen will be avaible in that one. You could visit Hoenn after the E4 in the Yellow remake and the Emerald one, Kanto.

Oh and it would be cool if they replaced the sprites with 3Desque models like in HG/SS : D

OK you may now destroy my post with all your meaness. ;_;

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, that scene is pure epic win :D

I hope they follow Emerald's plotline...but then there'd only be one remake. Sadly, I think they'll do an R/S, but we can always hope....

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I don't mind if the remakes have Emerald's plotline just as long as there'll be no battle frontier.

Btw, do you think people would want a FR/LG remake after the R/S remake. I can't imagine what gen 6 would look like when people will want a D/P remake.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I would totally buy an Emerald remake. It was my first game and I love it. And I also liked Battle Frontier, but could never beat it, even with my brother's help. However, I was not a fan of the Battle Tents. It seemed like a rather pointless way of preparing for Battle Frontier. Also, I think I could have gotten into contests more were they not condensed up in Lilycove.
    I was a fan of the two-team plot, as was my brother. He had played Sapphire and much preferred Emerald's plot.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    I would totally buy an Emerald remake. It was my first game and I love it. And I also liked Battle Frontier, but could never beat it, even with my brother's help. However, I was not a fan of the Battle Tents. It seemed like a rather pointless way of preparing for Battle Frontier. Also, I think I could have gotten into contests more were they not condensed up in Lilycove.
    I was a fan of the two-team plot, as was my brother. He had played Sapphire and much preferred Emerald's plot.

I agree the battle tents should have remained contest halls. The battle tents were pointless and in emerald contests you couldnt go from place to place much =/

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I agree the battle tents should have remained contest halls. The battle tents were pointless and in emerald contests you couldnt go from place to place much =/
    I disliked the battle tents too. Back is RS when you first hit Verdenturf town I went to the contests hall. Sadly the pokeblock case wasnt available that early in the game :[

Years
    I would LOVE a R/S remake. :0 It would be awesome hearing the remixes of the music (since I really liked R/S/E's music). <333 And seeing the legendary Pokemon scenes in 3D would be nice too. :3

If Game Freak does make a R/S remake, I am definitely going with the Ruby remake. Sapphire was horrible with its lame version exclusives (I just really wanted Mawile =/). It just sucks that GF never remakes the 3rd installation. I've never gotten to play Emerald. =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Hell yes. 3d everything would be nice, and new scenery. especially for parts like the aqua base or the volcano.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back