• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Same. Hopefully it wouldn't have any wild Gen V pokémon. An in-game event involving an event legendary (seems to be the norm now, no?) to unlock something like the Kanto birds or some other unavailable pokémon (out of the few you can't get in Black and White) would be ok, but no wild Gen V. Maybe a couple in the Safari Zone (after all, in Emerald, there were no non-Hoenn 'dex pokémon outside of the Safari Zone), and a few Gen I/II wild pokémon appearing when you have the National Pokédex, but no more. I personally love how Hoenn excluded so many, whilst still keeping a lot of old pokémon. It makes it much more unique.

Years
    I'd probably preorder the games if they came out, but I'd prefer a yellow remake, tbh.
    The one feature I'm really hoping for is full compatibility with a BW game that has beaten the Pokemon League, the follow me feature would be nice as well.
    As for the storyline, I doubt they'll do something similar to Emerald, as cool as that would be, for the simple fact that they are remaking Ruby and Sapphire.
    I know they added the features in Crystal to HG/SS, but some of Emerald's stuff is too estranged from the original Ruby and Sapphire, to be in both remakes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I don't want May and Brendan replaced :( Can't they just do a different revamped Emerald storyline as to a sequel?

They wouldn't do this anyway.

And really, a Yellow remake is very, very unlikely. Yellow was an experiment on Game Freak's part to cash-in on the unexpected success of the cartoon, while also giving them some more time to work on Gold and Silver. Since, Game Freak have never really included any references to the show in their games. They're a very separate thing.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Agree with the above.

Although I do have hopes for the Emerald storyline...but then there'd only be on remake game, as it'd be pointless giving two the exact same storyline. Plus, I want to be able to choose the remake with Zangoose and/or Lunatone in :)

Also, as I was just playing through Emerald again, and have just recieved my PokéNav, I noticed that there's Devon Corp. worker working on a machine to reproduce the dreams of pokémon. This reference to Gen V has been spotted before. However, do you think that this means the Dream World will be part of the RSE remakes, just via some machine, rather than the dream pokémon?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Also, as I was just playing through Emerald again, and have just recieved my PokéNav, I noticed that there's Devon Corp. worker working on a machine to reproduce the dreams of pokémon. This reference to Gen V has been spotted before. However, do you think that this means the Dream World will be part of the RSE remakes, just via some machine, rather than the dream pokémon?

I remember somebody posting something about this, how the Dream in Black & White is relevant to R/S/E, this could possibly be a hint along with other that may occur when the games get released in English.

Also, I found this on Bulbapedia..
    In the anime, it is revealed in BW006 that Fennel's Munna's Dream Eater has the same effect as the Dream Visualiser Devon wanted to make in the anime. But as Munna is a Pokémon from Unova, Devon might not have known about the Pokémon.

Also, i've been doing some thinking about how nintendo do a release with the pattern, remakes, ect. and by the looks of things, we should be getting the news late 2011-early 2012, then the games will be released late 2012 (10 years on) then early 2013 for The rest of the world (Worldwide).

Just added a FEW more hints:

Pokémon Black & White spoiler alert!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I overall hated the gen 3 games.The gameplay was nice don't get me wrong but i hated the graphics and i hated most of the gen 3 pokemon.So no i wouldn't buy a remake version of them.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I don't want May and Brendan replaced :( Can't they just do a different revamped Emerald storyline as to a sequel?
    May and Brendan we not really much of a rival. I hope they fix that :\ give them stronger pokemon and actually have their starter evolved by the final battle. And Wally, he was a good choice for a real rival. I just wish they will allow us to battle more than once before the final battle in Victory Road.

Yes, Emerald's storyline was a combination of both the storylines of Ruby and Sapphire. Keeping Emerald's storyline in both remakes wouldn't help to differentiate between Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Unless they just make a single Emerald remake. Then, just maybe I might support something like that in Generation V.
    A single Emerald remake sounds awesome, but that is the confusing part about the Hoenn reamkes. Are they going to do 2 games or just 1?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The curious thing is, usually the remakes occur in the same timeframes as the main games of that generation. If it were to be a faithful remake, Ruby/Sapphire remakes would be set several years before Black and White.

Years
    I overall hated the gen 3 games.The gameplay was nice don't get me wrong but i hated the graphics and i hated most of the gen 3 pokemon.So no i wouldn't buy a remake version of them.

I think the main reason why I didn't enjoy the gen III games was because of this. The graphics.

But with the better graphics we have now, I think I may enjoy the remakes and maybe actually like Hoenn. So I am thinking about buying the remakes even if I didn't really enjoy R/S/E.

I think Hoenn in 3D would be awesomeee.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, Ruby and Sapphire was a very rough transition to larger, full-colour graphics and a new style. Most of the overworld tiles were pretty bad and the general Pokémon sprite style in Gen III isn't nearly as nice as the one in DP and later. (although this was improved to a lesser extent than the overworld tiles in the new FRLG sprites)

Years
    hell yeah! theyve done the other 2 generations as remakes, so ruby and sapphire with the emerald story should be on the cards, maybe after theyve let black and white do their rounds nintendo will announce a return to hoenn.

what do you suppose they'll be called?

pokemon volcano and ocean? (not to toot my horn but i like those names :P)

Years
    Magma Ruby & Aqua Sapphire?

Haha, idk. Just thought of them. Although I do like them, since Magma and Aqua are the villains in the game. So it fits :3

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    It would be nice if there was a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Remake for the DS, considering that the graphics in the 3rd Gen were'nt too great, and remaking it would change people's minds about how "bad' the 3rd gen was. I would buy the remake if they decide to make it, it would be quite nice.

Years
    I really look forward to these remakes now, since now they'll probably include what B/W include that is new, such as the pokemon moving in battle and seasons and such~

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    Not sure if anyone already talked about this here, but in Heart Gold/Soul Silver:
    Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Not sure if anyone already talked about this here, but in Heart Gold/Soul Silver:
    Spoiler:

Also, the books in the bookcase are Red, Blue & Green (R/S/E)... okay maybe that's just me but that's still a good point, I'll add it to the OP, thanks for that!

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    personally i think emerald was one of the best pokeon game i played. The battle frontier was amazing and suprisly difficult (im still missing two frontier badge)

not to mention the story about the team magma and aqua Xd i love team magma uniform.

soul and heart are 2 great game but the knew black and white are....let's just say that the pokemon dont really look like pokemon :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back