• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    The HGSS team was most likely split up after development of that game finished. One group would be assigned to the last push to finish off BW's development, while the rest either sat on their chairs twiddling their thumbs or were getting to grips with the 3DS SDK and starting on the massive overhaul of assets that'd be needed for a next-gen Pokémon game. And yes, going by the same timeframe as since RSE, we'll see the next version of BW in 2012, a new Pokémon game in 2014 and a remake of Ruby and Sapphire sometime during that 2 year period.
    Ah.

So, it was you.

I can tell from the way that you type -- always so succinct and well worded.

2014 definitely seems like a solid date for a new pokemon game. I'd imagine RSE remakes ( or a spin-off, but most likely remakes ) would serve as an "appetizer" of sorts to hold people over until the next main games are released, meaning they would be released late 2012-2013......

But, maybe I'm getting a little too specific now. :P

I still dislike "MagmaRuby"/"AquaSapphire". There has to be something better. ~_~

also eta: a supposed Pokemon "developer" on 4chan said we would be getting RSE remakes soon. 8D

blue

gucci
    Years

Ah.

So, it was you.

I can tell from the way that you type -- always so succinct and well worded.

2014 definitely seems like a solid date for a new pokemon game. I'd imagine RSE remakes ( or a spin-off, but most likely remakes ) would serve as an "appetizer" of sorts to hold people over until the next main games are released, meaning they would be released late 2012-2013......

But, maybe I'm getting a little too specific now. :P

I still dislike "MagmaRuby"/"AquaSapphire". There has to be something better. ~_~

also eta: a supposed Pokemon "developer" on 4chan said we would be getting RSE remakes soon. 8D

Yeah, that was my initial thought, late 2012-2013, it seems plausable and it's the 10 year anniversary, if they are following that pattern like they did with HG/SS

and I doubt they would name it Magma Ruby & Aqua Sapphire for two reasons

#1. They're very predictable names, I mean everybody expected something like Dusk Gold & Dawn Silver or something along them lines, and then they come out with something completely different as to Pokémon Heart Gold & Pokémon Soul Silver
    #2. The main teams in Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are Team Magma & Team Aqua so that woudn't really work for the names sharing the same name as the villinous teams.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Just gonna throw a question into the mixer, would the new 5th gen pokemon be included in these possible remakes, I dont know whether I'd want them included... :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Of course they would. The remakes are always built off the engine and data files of the previous game so they'll be included if just to allow for trading and battle compatibility.

They probably won't be encountered in normal play without either the use of a special item or system (Such as the Hoenn and Sinnoh Radio Programs) or in new areas such as the Jhoto Safari Zone.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years

This was definitely some of the most exciting news I have read on Serebii. I really hope it's not a spin-off game ( like another Pokemon Typing, lolwut ). Although I personally think it would be better if Pokemon's debut on the 3DS was a new generation, not a remake, it seems a bit early for them to be working on two new games completely from the ground up (i.e. RSE already has an established story, pokemon, characters, ect. that simply needs to be prettied up ).
    I wouldnt mind too much if the remakes were on the 3DS seeing that I'm going to buy it regardless, but it seems weird that they would split up a generation with the consoles. They may have done it with Crystal, but they havent dont it since.

Someone replied to another post of mine a few pages back and basically said that the same team who works on the main series games doesn't need to work on the remakes. And this makes complete sense when one takes considers how close the release dates for HGSS and Pt were. So it seems to me that remakes are more likely in development now than two new main generation games.
    In Firered and Leafgreen, routeee 10 I think? The route directly below the Rock Tunnel. There was a Picknicker that said something along the lines I wish there was a pink pokemon with floral designs. And 6 years later we have Munna! So it looks like that the creators really take their time on these games. They are probably almost done with the remakes for all we know. Game Freak just likes to keep us guessing xD

Yeah, that was my initial thought, late 2012-2013, it seems plausable and it's the 10 year anniversary, if they are following that pattern like they did with HG/SS

and I doubt they would name it Magma Ruby & Aqua Sapphire for two reasons

#1. They're very predictable names, I mean everybody expected something like Dusk Gold & Dawn Silver or something along them lines, and then they come out with something completely different as to Pokémon Heart Gold & Pokémon Soul Silver
    #2. The main teams in Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are Team Magma & Team Aqua so that woudn't really work for the names sharing the same name as the villinous teams.
    100% agreed. It could be EagleSapphire or LizardRuby This really goes for any game I guess.

Just gonna throw a question into the mixer, would the new 5th gen pokemon be included in these possible remakes, I dont know whether I'd want them included... :/
    Im not sure on pre-national dex. But its most likely for post-national dex :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    i hope they do remake it, i never reallty got to play them all and if they remade it and did a good job id be pretty stoked!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I wouldnt mind too much if the remakes were on the 3DS seeing that I'm going to buy it regardless, but it seems weird that they would split up a generation with the consoles. They may have done it with Crystal, but they havent dont it since.

This is the first time we've had a Generation released so late into the system's lifespan. Game Freak have never released a Pokémon game for a system after it's successor has been released (Initial development of GS began before the Gameboy Colour and was originally going to be released for the Gameboy before the games were redesigned to be made for GBC with GB backwards compatability, while Emerald preceded the DS launch in Japan by two months), and most first-party support tends to dry up after about a year.

In Firered and Leafgreen, routeee 10 I think? The route directly below the Rock Tunnel. There was a Picknicker that said something along the lines I wish there was a pink pokemon with floral designs. And 6 years later we have Munna! So it looks like that the creators really take their time on these games.

That was in the original Red and Blue script.

They are probably almost done with the remakes for all we know.

They've just finished developing their biggest game yet. Even if the HGSS team was immediately assigned to work on a new game they've only had a year a work on it so far, and a lot of that would be held up by needing to wait for the BW engine to be programmed first.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Besides, if they didn't remake R/S the Pokémon introduced in Gen V, woudn't be tradable for another 4/5 years, onto Gen VI games, and I highly doubt they would make gamers wait that long, plus it would corrupt the pattern.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Besides, if they didn't remake R/S the Pokémon introduced in Gen V, woudn't be tradable for another 4/5 years, onto Gen VI games, and I highly doubt they would make gamers wait that long, plus it would corrupt the pattern.
    As of now, I think 10 years is the maximum amount of time we would have to wait for a remake. It took 8 years to get FR/LG, and 10 years to get HG/SS. Ehh wait, weird pattern here.......it could be 12 years o.o I rather stick to 10.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    I'm really unsure, i'd love to see how the remakes would be done, especially if they're 3DS compatible, but R/S/E are my least favourite of the main-line pokemon games... i think i'd follow it's development and see how things are looking

blue

gucci
    Years
    As of now, I think 10 years is the maximum amount of time we would have to wait for a remake. It took 8 years to get FR/LG, and 10 years to get HG/SS. Ehh wait, weird pattern here.......it could be 12 years o.o I rather stick to 10.

Yeah, that's exactly how I saw it

FR/LG - 8 Years
    HG/SS - 10 Years
    R/S Remake - 12 Years

I hope it's not like that because that would mean 2014/2015 and I'd rather stick with the 10 Year anniversary 2011/12/13.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Yeah, that's exactly how I saw it

FR/LG - 8 Years
    HG/SS - 10 Years
    R/S Remake - 12 Years

I hope it's not like that because that would mean 2014/2015 and I'd rather stick with the 10 Year anniversary 2011/12/13.
    Contrary to belief, GameFreak isn't entitled to follow any specific pattern of release. I'd say it's a matter of organization and getting the work done sufficiently and in time of a certain scheduled date for profit purposes.

Having said that, I do agree with either a 10 year remake or for the latest 12 years since the original RSE were released, but at the same time it's hard to predict exactly. It all depends on whether B&W gets a released third counterpart before or after the remakes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Although I personally think it would be better if Pokemon's debut on the 3DS was a new generation, not a remake, it seems a bit early for them to be working on two new games completely from the ground up (i.e. RSE already has an established story, pokemon, characters, ect. that simply needs to be prettied up ).

A new generation has only just been released, and since the 3DS is set for release next month, and the pattern seems to go 'new gen - remake - new gen - remake', the timing is more appropriate for RSE remakes. I don't think I'm ready for Gen VI just yet!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I'm really unsure, i'd love to see how the remakes would be done, especially if they're 3DS compatible, but R/S/E are my least favourite of the main-line pokemon games... i think i'd follow it's development and see how things are looking
    I really think that the remakes are mostly for the younger players, and the other precentage are for the old head fans. But each remakes brings something new to the pokemon table. FR/LG introduced the most useable feature; the VS seeker, which everyone loves. And HG/SS introduced the follow me feature. So the Hoenn remakes will bring something new that could/will? be added into future games. Just imagine Mt. Chimney on the 3DS xDD

It all depends on whether B&W gets a released third counterpart before or after the remakes.
    This is the biggest question for generation V yet. But it sucks that we have to wait at least a year to hear something :[

A new generation has only just been released, and since the 3DS is set for release next month, and the pattern seems to go 'new gen - remake - new gen - remake', the timing is more appropriate for RSE remakes. I don't think I'm ready for Gen VI just yet!
    Just imagine how many you have to capture by generation VI @.@ lol

blue

gucci
    Years
    Following on from Pokémon Contests first introduced within Ruby & Sapphire, the logical evolution of contests has come and in Unova is laBiancad as a Pokémon Musical.

Didn't realise that the Musical was following on from R/S/E's Contests.

Just imagine how many you have to capture by generation VI @.@ lol

Yeah, we'd be looking at figures wayy over 700, by then I think they'd start to get cliché

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'll buy both. People are already speculating on names by the way: Burning Ruby and Spirit Sapphire.

What I hope, if they are made is that they will have a better storyline.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'll buy both. People are already speculating on names by the way: Burning Ruby and Spirit Sapphire.

What I hope, if they are made is that they will have a better storyline.

I'm sure they'd use the same storyline but improve it, I mean they'll have much more ideas after 10 years, besides that's partly why they remake them and I'm sure HG/SS had a better storyline compared to original G/C

But yeah, once B/W has been released for a few months, there will be alot more talk of this and alot more speculation, referring to things in B/W and the fact that they are the next schedualed games in the series.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    My opinion is that they don't need to remake because the games are fine as they are, but if they did remake them I wouldn't complain and would defiantly buy one :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back