• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    You guys, what about May and Brendan? I don't want them to be replaced. So the remakes should have an alternate storyline.

• Or May/Brendan would have tried for the league, failed, tried other regions, failed, then decided to return to Hoenn to start all over.
    • The evil teams have gathered again or a new Sky Team comes up. This will make May&Brendan not be replaced and be older like Hilbert&Hilda.
    • The player character not chosen will be Birch's assistant.
    • A gobby 10 year old can be our rival, constantly mocking us for being too old.
    • Wally can be Champion =3

Only problem is, if they're starting all over, what'll happen to their previous team(s) xD

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    You guys, what about May and Brendan? I don't want them to be replaced. So the remakes should have an alternate storyline.

• Or May/Brendan would have tried for the league, failed, tried other regions, failed, then decided to return to Hoenn to start all over.
    • The evil teams have gathered again or a new Sky Team comes up. This will make May&Brendan not be replaced and be older like Hilbert&Hilda.
    • The player character not chosen will be Birch's assistant.
    • A gobby 10 year old can be our rival, constantly mocking us for being too old.
    • Wally can be Champion =3

Only problem is, if they're starting all over, what'll happen to their previous team(s) xD

well it is a remake so why not just start from the beginning. I mean if you look at things like spider man and superman each new generations they started over but with the same basic storyline but with some upgraded features

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I'd love to play as Brendan & May and as for Team Aqua & Magma, they were my favourite so I hope they're in it, and have more of a role in the storyline

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
    Years
    The original R/S were pretty dull. I would definitely buy remakes of those mostly because of awesome graphical changes. After that I'm looking forward to remakes of FR/LG.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    The original R/S were pretty dull. I would definitely buy remakes of those mostly because of awesome graphical changes. After that I'm looking forward to remakes of FR/LG.

I dont think they would remake them this generation or anytime soon.

But instead of coming out with R./S and FR/LG remakes they came out with remixes type squeals you know same regions new characters but different story lines.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    An idea hit me - how to connect RS Remakes to Black and White, and maintain the original stories at the same time, while throwing in some extras:

- The afterstory takes place years later. Brendan/May/Wally are all older (say, about six or seven years older). This would also introduce a new dynamic - that the players age changes during the events of the game.
    - N appears in Hoenn in the afterstory searching for answers about his 'purpose'. After battling the player (in Ruby, he might have Reshiram, and in Sapphire he might have Zekrom), N would recognise the player's attitude as the same to one he had fought not long ago.
    - The player can travel to Johto. Something that was hinted would happen during the development of the originals, and there are a lot of hints in HGSS's afterstory that indicate the region is to undergo major changes. It would be nice to see what changes the region undergoes. And imagine Goldenrod with the kind of graphics Castelia had.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    RS doesn't have any connection to the current games' timeline to begin with. Game Freak can easily retcon the game to whatever point in time they need.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    RS doesn't have any connection to the current games' timeline to begin with. Game Freak can easily retcon the game to whatever point in time they need.

Not strictly true. It's supposed to take place alongside the events of FireRed/LeafGreen, as hinted several times in the games.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    - The player can travel to Johto. Something that was hinted would happen during the development of the originals, and there are a lot of hints in HGSS's afterstory that indicate the region is to undergo major changes. It would be nice to see what changes the region undergoes. And imagine Goldenrod with the kind of graphics Castelia had.

What hints were these? I didn't notice any...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    An idea hit me - how to connect RS Remakes to Black and White, and maintain the original stories at the same time, while throwing in some extras:

- The afterstory takes place years later. Brendan/May/Wally are all older (say, about six or seven years older). This would also introduce a new dynamic - that the players age changes during the events of the game.
    - N appears in Hoenn in the afterstory searching for answers about his 'purpose'. After battling the player (in Ruby, he might have Reshiram, and in Sapphire he might have Zekrom), N would recognise the player's attitude as the same to one he had fought not long ago.

Well i really doubt that you would be able to go to johto( but i would LOVE IT if we did) But your idea about the after story is pretty good. But i think they are gonna make the original story and say its in the BW time line because . In HG/SS nobody ever mention team aqua or magma, or the major whether changes that occurred in the legendary pokemon conflict /
    The same goes for the people that are from hoenn in BW, and when your in team plasmas castle one of the grunts mentions how they learned from team rockets and galatics mistakes, he does not mention team aqua or team plasma which can be implied as those events havent taken place.

Now when it comes to bringing the caliber of R/S to B/W they can eaisly do it.
    1. just make may and brenden older
    2. Dont have the other character in the game ( if you chose may dont have brendon in the game Visa versa)
    3.Make a two new characters and make them your rivals( one could be your friend like bell and cheren and the other could have a similar personality like N in the begining of BW)
    4. Give more story about wally, if they do it the right way you can have real touching scenes in the game.
    5.give gym leaders more back story and make them more involve with the main story.
    6. Improve storyline with team magma and aqua, give them more motives to why they are doing what there doing, for example maxie witnessed his home town destroyed by a flood and vowed to make it so water is more controllable. and archie could of witnessed his home town ruined by drought so he vowed to make water more accessible, because at heart they really believed they were doing the right thing similar to N.
    7. Now this idea is really kinda out there so bear with me. Now since bothe archie and maxie would have had good intentions at heart how did they get so involved in radical stuff? so my idea is to introduce a new character who would have manipulated both of them. Lets say his goal was to gain control of ryquaza but he couldnt do it until both groundon and kyrouge had been pitted against each other so he used these two good hearted people to do it. And his identity would be hidden until the post game storyline but he would play a good part in the storyline before it is revealed he is a villain( kinda like senator palpatine in star wars.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    What hints were these? I didn't notice any...

There were one or two, the most major being the people in Ecruteak saying the Burned Tower would be rebuilt in the near future. Since this line was never in the original GSC, I take it as a hint of a possible Johto inclusion in a future game.

EDIT: I won't clutter the thread so I will edit this post instead. Caitlin says this: "Tell me something. Are you familiar with Battle Castles? You can find them in Johto and Sinnoh, so challenge them to improve yourself." She doesn't mention Hoenn having a Battle Castle even though it has a Battle Frontier, and of course, there is no Battle Frontier in Unova (yet, anyways), so you can't actually take her advice and take a Battle Castle challenge in B/W. Of course, it could be taken to mean any number of things, especially as a throwback considering Caitlin used to run both those Battle Castles.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
    There were one or two, the most major being the people in Ecruteak saying the Burned Tower would be rebuilt in the near future. Since this line was never in the original GSC, I take it as a hint of a possible Johto inclusion in a future game.

Ahh, that's very interesting!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Not strictly true. It's supposed to take place alongside the events of FireRed/LeafGreen, as hinted several times in the games.

Which doesn't matter because nobody has ever showed up since except Steven in HG/SS, who doesn't make any sense at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    As someone pointed out before, starting at RSE, there is a trend going on. We get a new generation, and then a remake, then a new generation, then a remake, and we're currently at a new generation.
    If Nintendo and Gamefreak continue the trend, the next game (after Black and White's 3rd version) will be a remake, and next in line for a remake is RSE.

Personally, RSE in 3D (Would most likely be made "3DS Enhanced") would just look sexy! Hoenn is my favorite region as well so my opinion is, of course, completely biased :p

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    what NEEDS to be in the remake

Starter Pokemon is level 10

Pokemon earn more exp (played through Emerald and B/W with ExpX2 with my AR and found it to be quite enjoyable) (for example, instead of earning 100xp for beating that lv 15 Zigzagoon, you get 200)

Steven is Champion with high level 60 pokemon
    (Or a double battle against Steven and Wallace with Brendan/May as your partner)
    REMATCHES with the Elite four (level 60-70)
    Wally's pokemon are all higher level the more you battle him (Like Barry in Platinum)
    Red returns and takes up residence in Meteor Falls with level 90 pokemon

remake it in full 3D and release it for the Wii
    like Gale of Darkness and Colosseum
    just work on facial animations and movement

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
    what NEEDS to be in the remake

Starter Pokemon is level 10

Pokemon earn more exp (played through Emerald and B/W with ExpX2 with my AR and found it to be quite enjoyable) (for example, instead of earning 100xp for beating that lv 15 Zigzagoon, you get 200)

Red returns and takes up residence in Meteor Falls with level 90 pokemon

remake it in full 3D and release it for the Wii
    like Gale of Darkness and Colosseum
    just work on facial animations and movement

I think having the starter Pokemon at Level 10 and having extra EXP would make the game far too easy. We still need a challenge, there's no reason the game should be condescending.

Red returning with Level 90 Pokemon in Meteor Falls would be interesting, however it would be impossible because when the Ruby/Sapphire story happened, he was still on his original journey around Kanto.

The Gale of Darkness and Colosseum games annoyed the hell out of me - while I used to think it would be a fantastic idea to have a Pokemon Version released on a non-handheld console because the potential is that much greater, after seeing those games I'm left unsure. They are stiff and the Pokemon battles look no more realistic than they do in the Gameboy games. Besides, GameFreak would be itching to have a Pokemon game brought out on the 3DS, since it's brand new technology, so I think they'd go with that.

Years
    I am not sure if I would actually buy this.
    I do like the third generation, but I am not sure if I would buy it. It isn't like Heart Gold & Soul Silver which was one of my favourite Pokemon games.

I guess we would just have to see.​

Years
    Not sure if this would count as evidence, but there is a backpacker in the Desert Resort, who speaks of the Go-Goggles and tells the player that
    he is originally from the Hoenn Region.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    Not sure if this would count as evidence, but there is a backpacker in the Desert Resort, who speaks of the Go-Goggles and tells the player that
    he is originally from the Hoenn Region.
    That's a really good one! :o
    More and more clues appear :333

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    You guys, what about May and Brendan? I don't want them to be replaced.

D: . . . .

Don't even say that. xD

Though, May and Brendan are pretty popular characters, I don't think they'd replace them. Maybe redo their looks to a point, but I can't see them cutting either one of them out. As for buying a remake, I totally would. I loved R/S/E, and while they're replay value now days isn't all that awesome after getting used to the newer games, I'd love a remake. Even if they changed nothing but the graphics.. I would still buy it. XD; Not that it would happen, they'd definitely revamp more than it's looks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back