• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I think if they do, a few additions should be added to the aftergame
    -In Magmaruby, Team Magma tries to control Heatran.
    -In Aquasapphire, Team Aqua tries to control Suicune, Manaphy, or Keldeo.
    -They later attempt to control Dialga for Team Magma, or Palkia for Team Aqua, this will be your final showdown with them, and it will occur in both games. The final battle with them will be a double battle with both of them on a team. You team up with your Rival, Steven, or Wally. After this, you can come back later to face off against Dialga and Palkia, and taking both of them to the cave of Origin or Mt. Pyre will open up the distortion world, where you can catch Giratina. The other version mascot will also be obtainable sometime in the aftergame.
    -A location for the three legendary birds will be in the aftergame, and taking them to the cave of Origin will spawn Mewtwo.
    -Lugia will be obtainable in Aquasapphire, and Ho-Oh in Magmaruby.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    -They later attempt to control Dialga for Team Magma, or Palkia for Team Aqua, this will be your final showdown with them, and it will occur in both games. The final battle with them will be a double battle with both of them on a team. You team up with your Rival, Steven, or Wally. After this, you can come back later to face off against Dialga and Palkia, and taking both of them to the cave of Origin or Mt. Pyre will open up the distortion world, where you can catch Giratina. The other version mascot will also be obtainable sometime in the aftergame.
    -A location for the three legendary birds will be in the aftergame, and taking them to the cave of Origin will spawn Mewtwo.

I rather the legendary pokemon be kept outa the storyline.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Manaphy and Keldeo won't be in an in game event.

This would be better

Magma goes after: Groudon,Ho-Oh,Heatran,Dialga,Reshiram

Aqua goes after: Kyogre,Lugia,Cressilia(The moon controls the ocean),Palkia,Zekrom

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Game Freak would never break the Tradition of stopping at level 100.

Oddly enough, when I was younger, I believed a friend's rumor that Pokemon could surpass Level 100 in RBY and GSC, going up to near the 900s or something. ._.

I think that adds a few too many legendaries into the mix. Especially when Gen 4 still has them.

This. Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyuremu don't really make sense in Hoenn, considering Unova's vast distance away from Hoenn. Of post-RSE Pokemon, Heatran makes the most sense for Team Magma because it is literally lava incarnate. Also, Hoenn's warmer climate would be more suitable for it. As some mentioned before, since the moon influences the tides of the water, Cresselia would make sense as something that Team Aqua would be pursuit of.

Alternatively from Heatran and Cresselia, Lugia and Ho-oh would fit in the games, particularly because of Ho-oh's powerful fire-making skills (and relation to the skies, just like Rayquaza) and Lugia storm-making abilities (and association with the seas). The fact that Navel Rock was present in Emerald also strengthens the GS Duo's relation with Hoenn.

The only other legendaries that could be viable in RS remakes (fitting with the dominating weather theme) are Palkia (space is commonly thought of in metaphors as a "ocean" expanse), Regigigas (directly connected with the Regi trio; associated with land/continents), and Zekrom (associated with thunderclouds). Any other legendaries just seem extraneous for Hoenn's mythos, especially considering that Hoenn isn't really "connected" with the other regions. The set of Regigigas, Lugia, and Ho-oh seems more fitting, particularly because it mimics the already-established "land sea sky" motif of Hoenn's weather trio.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Speaking of which Hiiro, I was thinking of them adding combination to contest battles. Even if they don't make something new, seeing two moves at once is always nice and some may look great together. They can make an online tornament also. Or even download-able combinations you make online and download to the game to use :o The possibilities are endless 8)

Agg

Plasma Ray
    Years
    I think that it will be remade. But I'm guessing it's to stall time to make more Pokemon for a new Pokemon game. For example, a lot of people believed that HeartGold and SoulSilver were just made to stall time to make more Pokemon in Black and White. Which, that does make sense. I'm sure they've already considered making a remake. It also seems that they're trying to make every region for the DS also. If you have noticed instead of making a remake of the Kanto region they just went ahead and remade the games with Johto AND Kanto.

Also, you have to consider the fact that it's harder to find the GB games now, and they have to make it possible to complete the National Pokedex at some point. So it would only be logical to remake the game, so people can complete the Pokedex.

Hope this helps,
    Agg.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Oddly enough, when I was younger, I believed a friend's rumor that Pokemon could surpass Level 100 in RBY and GSC, going up to near the 900s or something.
    I'm not sure about Pokemon being level 900, but there was a glitch where the player could encounter Pokemon leveled in the upper 100s. I remember catching a Snorlax that was level 172 back in my Blue version.

Agreeing as well that that is a lot of legendaries to add onto the plot, even with the aftergame storyline. Only because it neglects Rayquaza, who has the power to calm Groudon and Kyogre. Instead of including legendaries that were just included in games, focus more on those introduced in the third generation, since that's what is remade.

Also, you have to consider the fact that it's harder to find the GB games now, and they have to make it possible to complete the National Pokedex at some point. So it would only be logical to remake the game, so people can complete the Pokedex.
    Exactly. Even finding a legitimate copy is difficult, and the GBA games are expensive now, running close to $200. (I've only heard about this, as I haven't actively gone looking for GBA games.) There's also the fact that Nintendo isn't supporting the GBA games anymore, since the slot to play them on the DS has been removed. If GameFreak/Nintendo is going to continue to push players to catch them all, then they're going to have to release previous games somehow so that's possible.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyuremu don't really make sense in Hoenn, considering Unova's vast distance away from Hoenn. Of post-RSE Pokemon, Heatran makes the most sense for Team Magma because it is literally lava incarnate. Also, Hoenn's warmer climate would be more suitable for it. As some mentioned before, since the moon influences the tides of the water, Cresselia would make sense as something that Team Aqua would be pursuit of.

Alternatively from Heatran and Cresselia, Lugia and Ho-oh would fit in the games, particularly because of Ho-oh's powerful fire-making skills (and relation to the skies, just like Rayquaza) and Lugia storm-making abilities (and association with the seas). The fact that Navel Rock was present in Emerald also strengthens the GS Duo's relation with Hoenn.

The only other legendaries that could be viable in RS remakes (fitting with the dominating weather theme) are Palkia (space is commonly thought of in metaphors as a "ocean" expanse), Regigigas (directly connected with the Regi trio; associated with land/continents), and Zekrom (associated with thunderclouds). Any other legendaries just seem extraneous for Hoenn's mythos, especially considering that Hoenn isn't really "connected" with the other regions. The set of Regigigas, Lugia, and Ho-oh seems more fitting, particularly because it mimics the already-established "land sea sky" motif of Hoenn's weather trio.

I think even some of these are a bit of a stretch. Lugia and Ho-Oh should definitely be kept away from the games, as the Johto games occur three years after the Hoenn games. They are native to Johto and the Johto games talk about both of them being called forth after long absences from human sighting - and even then it takes the Bells and the special wings to get them to come and play. It would completely undermine the G/S/C/HG/SS story if they were to randomly appear (or even be caught) in Hoenn three years prior to this happening.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    Thats too much legendaries. Ho-Oh and Lugia would be after the G/S-Remakes even for expy-loving game freak as legendaries for the direct following remake a little bit too boring. although the both are also somewhat fitting for magma/aqua.

Heatran and Manaphy are aside from the Hoenntrio and Gigas the only reasonable Candidates. Heatran for obvious reason and Manaphy is somewhat related to Manga-Archie. What he wanted with manaphy in the emerald-arc isnt actually solved. And Heatran and Manaphy are also not one-of-a-kind like the weathertrio are sometimes depicted are.

Which Pokemon arent in HG/SS/D/P/Platinum but only can be catched in Hoenn?

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I think even some of these are a bit of a stretch. Lugia and Ho-Oh should definitely be kept away from the games, as the Johto games occur three years after the Hoenn games. They are native to Johto and the Johto games talk about both of them being called forth after long absences from human sighting - and even then it takes the Bells and the special wings to get them to come and play. It would completely undermine the G/S/C/HG/SS story if they were to randomly appear (or even be caught) in Hoenn three years prior to this happening.

Well, Lugia and Ho-oh "did" appear in Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen, so technically GSC's story has already been undermined. Though I agree; one could say the same about the inclusion of the Weather Trio in HGSS partially undermining the story of RSE, since they were notable for wreaking havoc with Hoenn's weather. Whereas in Johto...they just sit in a tower (undermining Rayquaza's "always flying" description), hardly disrupting the weather at all.

Thats too much legendaries. Ho-Oh and Lugia would be after the G/S-Remakes even for expy-loving game freak as legendaries for the direct following remake a little bit too boring. although the both are also somewhat fitting for magma/aqua.

Heatran and Manaphy are aside from the Hoenntrio and Gigas the only reasonable Candidates. Heatran for obvious reason and Manaphy is somewhat related to Manga-Archie. What he wanted with manaphy in the emerald-arc isnt actually solved. And Heatran and Manaphy are also not one-of-a-kind like the weathertrio are sometimes depicted are.

Which Pokemon arent in HG/SS/D/P/Platinum but only can be catched in Hoenn?

I agree about the irrational/unnatural legendary count being unneeded; a slight dislike I had with HGSS is that itincludes Lati@s, the Weather Trio, the Legendary Birds (which were JUST available in Platinum, though it didn't make sense for them to be roaming Sinnoh), the Sinnoh Dragon Trio, and the native GS Duo and Legendary Dogs. Quite a few Legendaries, if you ask me. If any non-Hoenn legends appear in RS remakes, I hope it's only one to three, and preferably legends that actually make sense. Having Reshiram or Zekrom in there JUST AFTER the release of BW greatly detracts from the "exclusivity" of Black and White Versions.

To answer your question, Swallow (Marges), if you don't count event Pokemon, Regirock, Registeel, and Regice are the only Pokemon that are completely unobtainable between DPPt and HGSS (technically, you could consider Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, or Deoxys as well, but those are event Pokemon by nature anyway).

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    It especially made no sense for the Sinnoh Dragon Trio to be in Johto as the Sinnoh story took place at exactly the same time - I know they are powerful, but I don't think they can be in two places at once.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    theres just too many people from Hoen in unova for there not to be a remake

Also i hope they give the gym leaders alot more story like they did in B/W. And i hope they all have proffesions other than gym leaders for example how the 1st gym leader in B/W was a waiter, 3rd artist, 4th modle 7th former movie star

so it can be like this
    1. Roxanne= teacher
    2.Brawly proffesional surfer

so on so forth.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    For the whole Lugia/Ho-Oh argument, they could be included as an event - remember in Emerald you had to get the MysticTicket to get to Navel Rock, where you find both.

A nice little thing I didn't notice about Navel Rock - in Emerald it is gold, in FireRed/LeafGreen it is silver... something they could do to distinguish them between versions, and perhaps have Lugia in one as an event, Ho-Oh in the other...

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
    I'm not going to lie, when it comes down to it I'm a pokemon fan. As long as nintendo keeps making them, I'll keep buying them.

As for a RSE remake, it seems almost inevitable. If you look at the pattern since the third generation:

RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> HGSS -> BW

Every other game is a remake. Assuming that nintendo will keep the pokemon franchise going, it looks like we're waiting on BW's third version and a RSE remake, followed by a new generation. Then they'll have to remake a remake. Hoeen was by far my favorite region, and if it is re-made for the 3DS it has the potential to look amazing. It also gives them potential to get more into a storyline with Magma/Aqua, since we've proven we can handle the more "grown-up" storyline with BW.

Years
    Since a person in B/W mentions the Hoenn region but so far no other region has been mentioned, I'd say it's even more likely now.

Also, for the Wallace/Juan leader debate, perhaps it will be similar to how Black and White's finally gym leaders work? Wallace is leader, Steven is champion and Juan is battleable in Ruby remake, while Juan is leader, Wallace is champion and Steven is battleable in Sapphire remake.

Personally, I'd prefer Juan to be leader, I felt he was more interesting than Wallace.

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I'd buy it for the main of reason of that I played through E,R,S around 10 Times and didn't get tired of it once. :p

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The mall in Unova's route 9 has a remix of the PokeMart theme from RSE...hint hint.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back