• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They're trying to get the "less intresting games" out of the way first I think i.e MD, Pokepark 2, BW Third game so that they can save the best till last which would be an RS remake assuming thats whats on everybodys mind and going by the amount of people I've seen wanting one it's alot.. they dont want to rush this project because they want to make it to the best of their ability, for all we know its likely that an R/S remake could be in development as of now just behind the scenes. When they announce games the games themselves have basically been developed hence why they release screenshots ect. but right now they are most probally STILL IN development hence why they cannot release any information as of yet otherwise it would take longer to release. It will be worth the wait, it just seems like time is dragging upto it I certainly will be happy when they finally do announce it because I'm still sceptical weather they actually are remaking them or not (most likely) but it will be a weight of my shoulder regardless thats for sure.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    If no one cared about them why would Game Freak make them? So they couldn't turn a profit? If people didn't like the first Poke Park then they wouldn't have announced a second one. No they shouldn't have, rushing a game just cause you want it now isn't good business or will be good for the quality of the game.

Game Freak makes the core/main series games, not spinoffs. Btw, just to clarify, Hyper was referring to PokePark II, which is made by Creatures Inc.

They're trying to get the "less intresting games" out of the way first I think i.e MD, Pokepark 2, BW Third game so that they can save the best till last which would be an RS remake assuming thats whats on everybodys mind and going by the amount of people I've seen wanting one it's alot.. they dont want to rush this project because they want to make it to the best of their ability, for all we know its likely that an R/S remake could be in development as of now just behind the scenes. When they announce games the games themselves have basically been developed hence why they release screenshots ect. but right now they are most probally STILL IN development hence why they cannot release any information as of yet otherwise it would take longer to release. It will be worth the wait, it just seems like time is dragging upto it I certainly will be happy when they finally do announce it because I'm still sceptical weather they actually are remaking them or not (most likely) but it will be a weight of my shoulder regardless thats for sure.

Yeah...RS remakes have been on my mind too much recently. I've just been trying to think what they'll look like, etc. Until we hear some confirmation or something, won't be able to let the thought(s) rest.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I think we can all agree that these next few months of waiting are going to be long and arduous, but they're definitely going to be worth it.

What new features do you think the inevitable remakes will have?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I hope they have the match call when you can rematch the Gym Leaders at 5 different stages, I'd also like to see Day & Night, Seasons, E4 Rematches, Aqua/Magma bigger role in the storyline i.e batteling both Archie & Maxie again etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013

If your so concerned about horrible trades then go to Trade Corner or whatever other forums you go to Trading forum they generally have respectable trades which you will rarely ever find on GTS. I honestly see no issue with having to Pal Park and then Pokeshift. Would you prefer they do what they did in between GSC and RSE were the games were compatible what so ever? I am find with how they have it now, RS will get remade so no biggy. On top of there being a good deal of Third Gen pokemon being able to be obtained in games like DPPt, HGSS, BW.

There's not problem with it, it just seems like a lot to do plus the fact that since both gen 4 and gen 5 are on the DS in order to use the poke shifter you need 2 DS's. Most people just don't wanna do it although others wouldn't mind. I know the trade forums have some reasonable trades but most people want their own team instead of trading and training them all over again so it would be much easier if gen 3 was directly compatible to gen 5 which would happen with the R|S remakes.

As for new game features for the remakes I see a lot of people who really like Pokemon Contest. On one forum I'm on they have fantasy Contest in which they write out what's happening and it's like the anime (Appeal round then Battle round) so I was thinking in order to make the contest more interesting for people who really like them they should
    make the Contest kinda like the anime, have the appeals round then a battle round but since in the game there are only four competitors have the two with the highest scores battle and the two with the lowest score battle and the winners battle each other then whoever wins gets the ribbon, make it so you can't move on to the next rank unless you have all 5 ribbons for the previous rank and make the master rank sort of like the grand festival (Getting a trophy or a special ribbon for each one you win [Beauty, Cool, Smart, Tough, Cute]).

It's a long shot but it appeals to the people who really like contest and it makes it more difficult to win.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It also ruins the point of the contest being a way to show something in the Pokémon world that doesn't involve people pitting their prized pets in a fight to the death.

Yeah, kids don't watch to watch a cartoon where Pokémon stand around posing for a whole episode so they shove a battle into the contests so they can fill that quota. Doing it in the games, though, ruins the contests as they are and causes a lot more problems with them - contest movesets and battling movesets are incompatible with each other as it is, making you have to juggle the two would result in a useless Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Some people have separate teams for contests which is why I suggested the battling part but yea it might be a little much. But I actually meant like in the anime where they also show off the moves in battle you don't actually have to fight to the death. In game that would be kind of difficult but it could be used in a way like since certain moves gives you a certain amount of hearts|point or whatever you wanna call them they could give you extra hearts depending on how effective the move is. Ok I think I'm going a little overboard trying to over think this but they could just think of a way to make contest more appealing.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Game Freak makes the core/main series games, not spinoffs. Btw, just to clarify, Hyper was referring to PokePark II, which is made by Creatures Inc.

Yeah...RS remakes have been on my mind too much recently. I've just been trying to think what they'll look like, etc. Until we hear some confirmation or something, won't be able to let the thought(s) rest.
    Which is why I said "If people didn't like the first Poke Park then they wouldn't have announced a second one." So regardless of whatever sub company Pokemon Co. has doing it they aren't going to make these games if people won't be buying them.

I'm curious of places like Fortree, Sootopolis, Slateport, Lilycove, Mossdeep. Hopefully they make the other places look less generic cause it seemed like half the cities were just "there". Mt. Pyre and Mt. Chimney resigns also seem appealing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I hope they have the match call when you can rematch the Gym Leaders at 5 different stages, I'd also like to see Day & Night, Seasons, E4 Rematches, Aqua/Magma bigger role in the storyline i.e batteling both Archie & Maxie again etc.

That would be good, but could they also include an upgraded pokewalker? They should improve the pedometer (it's not perfect), the graphics (I know it's only a tool to be used in conjunction with a handheld game, but seriously, we should be past Tamagotchi stage by now!), and perhaps model it after a Great Ball to show that it's better.

As for contests, they should keep them the way they were in the originals. D/P contests used to be fun with the dressing up, but the more I think about it, the more I realise how stupid and pointless that feature was.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, that's true but then maybe it should be HG/SS exclusive. What I would like to see is the follow-me feature I though that was great and was hugely disappointed when it wasn't reintoduced in B/W (hoping to be in the third game although unlikely) but this time have an option to use it or not even though I'd use it all the time!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    They should adjust the sizes of the pokemon though. My Steelix followed me around in Heartgold, and it's head was practically a centimetres above that of my characters! STEELIX IS BIGGER THAN THAT, DEVELOPERS!
    You probably see my point. Make the pokemon their actual sizes (imagine having Wailord follow you around!) and you're good to go.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well I'm pretty sure that would take up the whole screen! but I know what your coming at. Besides the sprites are bigger themselves anyway now, like in B/W the people are much taller and bigger so it wouldn't be right to keep them the same size assuming they stick with the sprites they used for B/W and include the Follow-me feature ofc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Big Pokémon (like Lugia, etc) are already disabled inside buildings because their sprites don't fit.

Having to design maps and anything involving the game taking control of the player is enough work as it when the Pokémon sprites aren't much larger than the player - and is probably the second reason why the feature was not in Black and White.

Asking them to make the Pokémon appear much larger than the player on-screen is asking for serious collision issues unless you're in the middle of a large area.

Besides, BW re-used the Pokémon graphics for when you encounter DW Pokémon in the Entree Forest, and the few Unova Pokémon that do appear on the overworld were drawn in the same style.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Still, its really annoying when Steelix is the same size as Feraligatr...

Can't they make it so they're bigger but still only take up 1 space on the grid? With that in mind, can't they also make it so that the pokemon automatically return to their Pokeballs when the character enters a crowded place (i.e. a cave or a marketplace)? I can see why they couldn't do it in Black and White (time restraints), but wouldn't an advance in technology help them do it quicker?

Sorry for playing the questions game, but it's really bugging me!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    In that case you get to use the feature less and less and less depending on what Pokémon you have.

Otherwise, unless you design every map to have wide open spaces to walk around in, you get Pokémon of any size hanging behind the player and consequently the larger ones will end up sticking out of walls and objects or even clipping into other people which doesn't look good when you're trying to sell a game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Still, its really annoying when Steelix is the same size as Feraligatr...

Can't they make it so they're bigger but still only take up 1 space on the grid? With that in mind, can't they also make it so that the pokemon automatically return to their Pokeballs when the character enters a crowded place (i.e. a cave or a marketplace)? I can see why they couldn't do it in Black and White (time restraints), but wouldn't an advance in technology help them do it quicker?

Sorry for playing the questions game, but it's really bugging me!
    The camera angle changes if the player wants the follow me feature so if the player had a tall Pokemon it would appear in the screen, that will actually work and it would be great!
    Or you can change the camera angle by yourself, like 3d games, also it would be awesome if we can take a picture in any place, like SSBB.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    They're playing us like a fiddle. Revising my previous statement, I wouldn't be too surprised if they came out with some sort of RS-related announcement at Jump Festa in December.

A smart company would use it as a great way to take the wind out of Sony's sails and usurp their releasing the PS Vita during the event.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back