• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    This is how I want it to be: first the Remakes and then we are done with them and wanting to play White/Black again, but we are done with them, then Grey comes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    You know there's a difference between announcing a game and releasing it, right.
    I know that, I meant the remakes will be released in late 2012.

They should return the Pokemon following you feature and make it optional.
    Also make some cities 3D.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Early 2013 is our earliest chance for RS remakes. I am betting they are revealing either the console game or Grey. But we could see info in Corocoro before Jump Festa.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Theres no point in completely ruling out the chance of it being an R/S remake, as unlikely it is it's still possible.
    it is pretty much set in stone that gray is next. We have had massive loads of Kyurem merchandise and Kyurem is in the next movie. They are advertising Kyurem to get people hyped up for Gray. If the RS Remakes were next we would have a Hoenn Pokemon starring in the movie and we would have had loads of Hoenn merchandise.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    it is pretty much set in stone that gray is next. We have had massive loads of Kyurem merchandise and Kyurem is in the next movie. They are advertising Kyurem to get people hyped up for Gray. If the RS Remakes were next we would have a Hoenn Pokemon starring in the movie and we would have had loads of Hoenn merchandise.

Massive Loads? One Stylus Pin on a Movie that has Kyurem in it but no information about whether or not he's the Main Legend or even has a major part in the movie is massive load of Merchandise?

Nothing is set in stone unless they actually say it is. The Announcement doesn't really hint to a new game being discussed, but leans to just talking about the newest stuff just released by the company.

They recently released three Pokemon for Download that are from Gen 4 and seem to be focusing on them right now for some odd reason. Pokemon Company has yet to start pointing fingers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I think its pretty much a given the game will be announced this month though. If it's not at Jump Festa, it'll probably be in Coro Coro or on Pokemon official website. I wouldn't be surprised to see the game announced in Coro Coro, so they can then use Jump Festa to promote it. If its slated for a spring release, the game has to be revealed soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

Yet they recently started selling a lot of merchandise of Hoenn Pokémon for not much reason.

I'm afraid you're going to have to try harder than that on the convoluted speculation front.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    It may have relation but that doesn't confirm that Grey is coming up next.. wouldn't that be a little too predictable assuming Kyurem is the mascot?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think that stuff is more related to the next movie rather than the next game. Remember, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini just got their own movies, so it's logical that the last member of Unova's dragon trio would get one. It looks like it's also going to star the Musketeer trio, and perhaps introduce Keldeo, and then there should be an event for that. So if anything, that steers more towards future movies and events. Like Mega Shock pointed out, the fact that Hoenn merch is selling lately and for no apparent reason is a sign pointing at RS remakes.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It will be Grey. For the past 2 generations the Pokemon on the cover of the 3rd game was featured in the movie right before the games release. Rayquaza and Giratina. Suicune's movie came a few months after crystal though. And with us seeing Kyurem merchandise and how they always reveal movie info around this time of year it is going to be Grey next year.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's possible that it could be Grey I just don't see it happening at the beginning of 2012, that's more a suited date for a spin-off with a mainstream later in 2012.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    What Hoenn merch have they been selling? I haven't really been keeping up with what merch they're selling.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    I guess....

They're going to make Kanto re-remakes before Hoenn, and Gray before the re-remakes. Take my word for it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    They're going to make Kanto re-remakes before Hoenn, and Gray before the re-remakes. Take my word for it.

They already remade Kanto remakes in the form of Fire Red and Leaf Green though not to mention HG/SS let you return to Kanto, there wouldn't be much of a point if at all if Kanto was the current focus yet again in 5th gen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Everyone has a differing opinion of what game they believe will come out next and will refuse to budge from that position until the day news comes out. Take my word for it.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Alot more merchandise has been made of Hoenn pokemon than Kyurem. Anyway it makes more sense to release the remakes then the third game. The remake gives people a break form Unova then when Grey is released everyone returns to Unova.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Who are you speaking for? Nintendo? So don't be so sure of yourself there. What would be the point of remaking Kanto games? Kanto is the most rehashed region there is in the series. It's appeared in all generations, excluding V, and it should stay that way. What more improvements can honestly be done to it at this point? And besides, if Kanto would be remade, wouldn't that be a remake of a remake? Cause I'm sure they'd use FRLG as the basis, and that's already a remake. Why remake a remake? It makes no sense.

Alot more merchandise has been made of Hoenn pokemon than Kyurem. Anyway it makes more sense to release the remakes then the third game. The remake gives people a break form Unova then when Grey is released everyone returns to Unova.

BW has only been out for a little over a year in total. I don't think they've had enough time to pick on the flaws from BW for Grey to even be the next game.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'd really like they to sort of include emerald factors into the remakes like they did with HG/SS, putting a lot of the crystal stuff in. But yeah, I'd love to see what they could do with the Rayquaza cutscene from emerald, in full 3D on the 3DS, just a thought. :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back