• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mircea Dan

Being Stupid Is Not Cool
    Years
    They will make the remakes for the Ruby & Sapphire for the DS and I think they will make remakes for Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Grey for the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    They will make the remakes for the Ruby & Sapphire for the DS and I think they will make remakes for Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Grey for the 3DS.
    GF doesn't make remakes for the 3rd games, and they have already remade kanto 4 times.

I think the 3rd game will come first, since Kyurem will have a new form,
    so they can add the new form into the remakes, and it's better for the
    remakes to come after so it would have much more updated things.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014

BW has only been out for a little over a year in total. I don't think they've had enough time to pick on the flaws from BW for Grey to even be the next game.
    I think they've had plenty of time. There was a year gap between Gold/Silver and Crystal. But I agree it'd be weird to announce grey now for another reason:

There were two year gaps between the japanese releases of ruby/sapphire and emerald and diamond/pearl and platinum. All main games apart from red/green and their remakes have been released around the end of the year (September onwards) in Japan.

It'd be strange for them to break tradition and release Grey earlier than September 2012, but if they announced grey now they'd have to do just that, or they would have announced a game that won't be out for almost a year. Which would be silly.

So when does CoroCoro release? Before or after Jump Festa?
    I'll bet that if a new game is going to be announced, CoroCoro will have it in. They usually get the exclusive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    So when does CoroCoro release? Before or after Jump Festa?
    It's before, usually between 10-13 of the month.

We even might have a little bit of information before Corocoro, about the
    name of the game and who is the mascot for the 3rd game, But for the remakes they reveal it as a surprise.

I think they will add the creation trio in a place like they added the weather trio in HG/SS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    So best case scenario we could have confirmation of a new main game in a week! It's an exciting thought, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I'm not sure a game will even be announced at Jump Festa.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The only thing that makes me thinking that it's not the 3rd game is that if they release it in spring, the US version of it will be made in summer 2012 which is after a year from the release of US version B/W, the US version of Grey is supposed to come in 2013.

Well unless maybe they will break the pattern, or that the remakes will come first.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I think the game may be announced in Coro Coro, so Jump Festa could be used to promote the game. I think it'll definitely be revealed in one of the two since it has a spring release, so it should be revealed around this month.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014

Looking at that, I just don't know. I think it's better not to try and predict using previous patterns.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    They could possibly just reveal the game then advertise it until September.
    I would have thought a years worth of advertising would be a bad idea. The hype would build and wear off before it was released. Especially if it was grey (which isn't really a new game, unless they do something spectacular).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Do bear in mind that the further you go back, the more unrepresentative developing video games becomes. There is a world of difference between the making of a Game Boy game and a (3)DS game.

I figure it would be worth cross-quoting from the BW third game speculation thread from someone who's noticed something pretty significant:

I seriously doubt that this will be a main series title. The Pokémon Company is usually explicit when they say a Pokémon RPG comes out, as they state that it's an "Pocket Monsters Series" title (for those who can read, ポケットモンスターシリーズ). This time, they've said that there will be information on "Pokemon" (referenced in the news article as ポケモン) games at Jump Festa. It's important to know that they don't generalise with these distinctions either.

This distinction is important as it generally identifies what kind of Pokémon game is coming out. No such distinction exists outside of Japan, but it's pretty important to note.

Catch my drift? We're not getting a Game Freak Pokémon RPG yet.

I have to say I'm starting to begin with him on this one.

If you look at www.pokemon.jp even now, they have two sections on their website - ゲーム ポケットモンスターシリーズ, literally "Pocket Monsters Series Game" which shows information on all of Game Freak's games and special events for B/W, and ゲーム そのほかのポケモンソフト, translating to something like "Other Pokémon Game Software", which gives info on Poképark 2, Pokédex 3D and other spin-off titles.

Just don't get too carried away, guys.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I agree to be honest.
    I'd like a new RPG, of course, but I doubt we'll get another until September 2012. Announcement around May.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Well, I guess we have to wait to see.

Anyway, I think they should add more things in Meteor Falls ,or a place for a legendary Pokemon from other generation.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I would have thought a years worth of advertising would be a bad idea. The hype would build and wear off before it was released. Especially if it was grey (which isn't really a new game, unless they do something spectacular).
    it's not a years worth, it is only 9-10 months. What they would do is reveal that the game is coming. Then start revealing info around April-May then release the game in September.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Fourteen and a half months since BW was released in Japan. A new game announcement seems just around the corner, but considering that third versions usually show up 1-2 years after there's a high chance it will be Grey.
    Or maybe they might pull a Gen 3 on us and release the remakes before the third version. I would like this better, as we get a break from Unova, and it gives the developers more time to improve Unova. Also, I want a RS remake ASAP, but you know, thats just me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Fourteen and a half months since BW was released in Japan. A new game announcement seems just around the corner, but considering that third versions usually show up 1-2 years after there's a high chance it will be Grey.
    Or maybe they might pull a Gen 3 on us and release the remakes before the third version. I would like this better, as we get a break from Unova, and it gives the developers more time to improve Unova. Also, I want a RS remake ASAP, but you know, thats just me.

This. I really want the RS remakes. I'll still get Gray if its out next, but Id much rather the remakes. I just hope the game thats coming in spring is a main game, but who knows I think its likely it could be a spin off like MD or something. Having a break from Unova with the remakes would be cool, because Id even be more eager for Gray after the break from Unova. Right now, Im not really that eager for it, Im more eager for the remakes.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    We might have information starting after 3 days, still I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Yeah, although something just seems a little odd about it...like how it doesn't feel like it'd be similiar to that whole Mewtwo thing earlier on. Can't really put my finger on it...but I think we may actually be surprised this time at what is announced(in the sense of what is actually coming, people speculate pretty much everything, so even something we've all been talking about would come as a surprise).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back