• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    If it's another spin-off my reaction will be like that:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

BTW Notice that Steven wears mostly black clothes with red tie while Wallace wears mostly white/blue clothes (with white cape as a champion). So that could mean that Ruby remake will be Black's counterpart with Steven as a champion while Sapphire remake will be White's counterpart with Wallace as a champion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    If it's another spin-off my reaction will be like that:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

BTW Notice that Steven wears mostly black clothes with red tie while Wallace wears mostly white/blue clothes (with white cape as a champion). So that could mean that Ruby remake will be Black's counterpart with Steven as a champion while Sapphire remake will be White's counterpart with Wallace as a champion.
    I also discovered a D/P hint in R/S/E, Steven's room has Pokemon pearl color theme, while Wallace's room has Pokemon Diamond color theme and in both rooms has platinum
    color in the top side wall, the same goes with Cynthia's room , in D/P it's white while in Platinum it's black with some grey.

BTW in HG/SS the Pokeball where lance stands on is red (ruby) and blue (sapphire).
    There's a lot of hints of R/S remakes, I'm sure they will make it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I also discovered a D/P hint in R/S/E, Steven's room has Pokemon pearl color theme, while Wallace's room has Pokemon Diamond color theme and in both rooms has platinum
    color in the top side wall, the same goes with Cynthia's room , in D/P it's white while in Platinum it's black with some grey.

BTW in HG/SS the Pokeball where lance stands on is red (ruby) and blue (sapphire).
    There's a lot of hints of R/S remakes, I'm sure they will make it.

Also look at Reshiram's and Zekrom's eyes' colors.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Im guessing Coro Coro has leaked since an image of it revealing July 14 2012 as the release date for the new Pokemon Movie is going around now. So I guess we'll have to wait until Jump Festa, they must be revealing the game there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:M15_release.jpg

So it looks like I was right about movie release. It's obvious now that Gray will be released in September. On the upper right there are dates January 9th and 10th 2012. What do they mean?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I can see a link between movie Kyurem and Pokémon Grey, I just hope they announce something worth while at Jumpa Fest in 3/4 Days.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I think they will reveal the new form of kyurem and 3rd game in Jump festa.
    I hope all this waiting worth it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think they will reveal the new form of kyurem and 3rd game in Junp festa.
    I hope all this waiting worth it.

It's possible but I'm not sure about that. Platinum got revealed about four months before release. They should now focus on game coming in spring if they want to make Jump Festa really surprising.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I'm getting more and more certain that a main game won't be announced at jump festa.

It seems obvious to me that with kyurem as the mascot for the next movie, which will come out in july 14th, grey will be released in september 2012. I highly doubt they will announce the game before around june/july then, because they will want each one to build up hype for the other. Get people excited about the game so they go and see the film (to see kyurems new form or whatever) and get people excited about the film so that they buy the game afterwards. They've never announced a main game as long before its release as we're talking about, it'd be almost a year and the hype about both would die down a little and there'd probably be less sales than if it was announced later. It wouldn't make sense from a marketing perspective. Plus there is a game coming out for spring which they'll need to announce.

They could however announce that the spring games are r/s/e remakes, this could follow the gen 3 pattern, where ruby and sapphire came out, and half a year before emerald came out so did firered and leafgreen, to coincide with the anniversary.
    But I don't think this will happen either as gamefreak have probably realised by now that if they string out their releases with year long gaps they'll get more sales than if they release two different games close together. And the pokemon company gets more money that way too, as they can sell loads of spin offs in the gaps, as they have started doing. Plus ruby and sapphire came out in November in japan.

My bet would be Pokemon Grey being announced in the CoroCoro before the 15th movie comes out in June 2012, with details of keldeo and new forms and stuff, with a japanese release of september 2012.
    Then RSE remake announcements around june 2013 to be released in september 2013.

As the wii U is expected to be released in 2012, my bet is we won't get another colliseum game until it comes out, so I bet we'll get it sometime between grey and the remakes. And we'll get other spin offs in all the gaps, including the spring 2012 game.

This is all speculation, but it seems likely. And remember there's no confirmation there will even be a game announcement at jump festa, so I just don't think convincing yourselves there will be a main game announcement there is a great idea, no matter how much we want it to be true.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    But I don't think this will happen either as gamefreak have probably realised by now that if they string out their releases with year long gaps they'll get more sales than if they release two different games close together. And the pokemon company gets more money that way too, as they can sell loads of spin offs in the gaps, as they have started doing. Plus ruby and sapphire came out in November in japan.

It's all about money. But I would like them to place players over the better sales for this time. I know it's ridiculous idea but seriously they should truly surprise us for once. Maybe surprise like that would actually increase sales more than releasing games in standard pattern.

Most likely I'm all wrong but third gen is my fav so that's why I want those remakes so badly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's hardly feasible either.

If you look at FR/LG next to HG/SS, it's obvious that, not only were GSC much bigger games than RBY were in the first place, HG/SS also has a lot more additional content than FR/LG did. Along the same lines, the change from D/P to Platinum was greater than the change from R/S to Emerald (most likely because they weren't dividing time between the two games as much).

They wouldn't be able to make two games in the same year now, and still keep the standards of quality up to the level of HG/SS and B/W.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    It's hardly feasible either.

If you look at FR/LG next to HG/SS, it's obvious that, not only were GSC much bigger games than RBY were in the first place, HG/SS also has a lot more additional content than FR/LG did. Along the same lines, the change from D/P to Platinum was greater than the change from R/S to Emerald (most likely because they weren't dividing time between the two games as much).

They wouldn't be able to make two games in the same year now, and still keep the standards of quality up to the level of HG/SS and B/W.

Does that mean they have just started working on those games? To be honest those games are most probably in final development or even completed. The only reason of not releasing them is marketing.

Huge companies like Nintendo always plan and develop everything in advance for at least few years. For example when they released GBA, they could have developed DS and games for it already. Because of Nintendo staff's discipline and ability to keep quiet most of us think that they are really working on upcoming consoles and games at this moment.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's nothing among the lines of what I was saying. It's almost certain that since development on B/W reached the last stages, Game Freak moved on to start transferring their engine and development tools over to the 3DS architecture whilst the planning for the next whatever Pokémon game took place, hence the same two-year gap we've seen the last two times Pokémon games moved to a new system.

R/S and FR/LG were made over a two year period, 2002 to 2004.
    HG/SS and Platinum were made over a three year period, 2006 to 2009.

It's very easy to see why these games took longer to develop than the previous remakes/supplementary versions did. Video game publishers don't tell their developers to sit on completed games for laughs because that's money they've spent paying them to make a game that they want to sell as soon as they possibly can. In fact the opposite will take place - publishers give a deadline based on the reasonable amount of time such a game will need to develop weighed up with whatever personal reasons the publisher has for releasing game X at time Y. That there are so many high-profile games which are victim to planned features and content being removed because they couldn't make it in time for release of which Pokémon is not an exception should be enough to show this.

As an aside, even if it was possible to manufacture a system with the same specifications and (most importantly) size dimensions of the DS in 2001 - of which I doubt they had anything more than a basic design done as even the early 2004 announcement doesn't give a final figure for how much memory the system had.
    This would still be a completely useless point because the result would be something too expensive to be considered.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    That's nothing among the lines of what I was saying. It's almost certain that since development on B/W reached the last stages, Game Freak moved on to start transferring their engine and development tools over to the 3DS architecture whilst the planning for the next whatever Pokémon game took place, hence the same two-year gap we've seen the last two times Pokémon games moved to a new system.

It's very easy to see why these games took longer to develop than the previous remakes/supplementary versions did. Video game publishers don't tell their developers to sit on completed games for laughs because that's money they've spent paying them to make a game that they want to sell as soon as they possibly can. In fact the opposite will take place - publishers give a deadline based on the reasonable amount of time such a game will need to develop weighed up with whatever personal reasons the publisher has for releasing game X at time Y. That there are so many high-profile games which are victim to planned features and content being removed because they couldn't make it in time for release of which Pokémon is not an exception should be enough to show this.

As an aside, even if it was possible to manufacture a system with the same specifications and (most importantly) size dimensions of the DS in 2001 - of which I doubt they had anything more than a basic design done as even the early 2004 announcement doesn't give a final figure for how much memory the system had.
    This would still be a completely useless point because the result would be something too expensive to be considered.

Publishers and developers work in one team so it's not like that publishers dictate to developers when they have to work on game. Both of those groups are making money together and have mutual directors who are really the ones who decide what must be done and when.

FR/LG got released in January 2004 - earlier when they should have been because GBA was incompatible with GB and GBC so it was impossible to catch many Pokemon in R/S. So that's proof that they can develop and release new game quickly if they want. HG/SS could have been released that quick too - for example in January 2008, but they decided to delay with releasing them for almost two years because G/S remakes weren't that necessary while DS was compatible with GBA, so all Pokemon were obtainable with games that already existed at that time.

It's not really true that newer games always take more time to get developed. In fact they take the same amount of time. Huge companies like Nintendo might have so powerful hardware and so modern developing technology that we are not even aware of now.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

What you say seems interesting. Where do you get your facts from? Im particularly interested the timeline and development process in making pokemon games. Are you able to provide a link to the website you got your information? I would very much like to read it

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    So that's proof that they can develop and release new game quickly if they want.

Did you purposely ignore everything I just said?

Heart Gold, Soul Silver and Platinum are bigger games that had more new content (Additional areas, redrawn graphics, new music, extra features etc) than Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald. FR/LG in particular isn't comparable.

What you say seems interesting. Where do you get your facts from? Im particularly interested the timeline and development process in making pokemon games. Are you able to provide a link to the website you got your information? I would very much like to read it

It's simple when you look at things from a business perspective. There are many, many games that have been shown to have content removed in order to make release deadlines, even what can be called the flagship games for a publisher. Take Sonic The Hedgehog 2, for example. Thanks to the work of people finding several prototype ROM files of Sonic 2, ranging from quite early in the games' development to mere months before release, we've found there were a lot of ideas planned for stages and other features that were simply removed because they couldn't fit them in. This is backed up with official statements from people who worked on the game that they had to abandon some concepts that couldn't be implemented for Sonic 2's well-publicised release date. This happened again with Sonic 3 - the two games we see as Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were originally supposed to be a single, massive game.

A lot of high-profile video games will have elements scrapped or stories with missing content because they had to be tied up in time for release.

As for Pokémon, Junichi Masuda once said that "We spent four years for creating Pokemon Black/White with great care.". From this we can reliably conclude that after Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006, all three games (Platinum, Heart Gold, Black) were in some form of production at the same time until 2008, with Platinum coming out first, Heart Gold in 2009 and Black in 2010.

Since then, who knows what they've been doing although it's obvious at this point that there will be no more Pokémon games on the DS, so we can guess that they've been developing for the 3DS over the past year, like how they took 2 years after Crystal to bring Pokémon onto the GBA, and another 2 years after Emerald for Pokémon to come out on the DS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Did you purposely ignore everything I just said?

Heart Gold, Soul Silver and Platinum are bigger games that had more new content (Additional areas, redrawn graphics, new music, extra features etc) than Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald. FR/LG in particular isn't comparable.

I didn't ignore anything you said. I just stated that it's no big deal for Nintendo to develop bigger game in the same time like smaller game. To be honest you ignored what I said.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    serebii.net said:
    New Game Reveal Next Month
    The new CoroCoro issue, released this week, has announced that a brand new Pokémon game is to be revealed. However, unlike people expect, this reveal isn't coming at Jump Festa but is in fact coming in the issue of CoroCoro next month, due out on January 14th 2012 in what they call a world's fastest shocking announcement. It's currently unknown what game will be revealed, whether it will be main series or not but we'll provide information a few days before CoroCoro's release. Be sure to watch the site in case it comes

So I guess we'll have to wait until January for the announcement of the spring game...

https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Damn, we have to wait another month. 'Worlds fastest shocking announcement'? They surely can't be saying that for a spin off game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back