• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    There is also one thing about movies: FR/LG weren't hyped up by any movie and were released before Emerald. HG/SS were hyped up by movie 12 (featuring Johto starters) and were released after Platinum.

R/S remakes probably won't be hyped up by any movie because Unova movies and anime feature only 5th gen Pokemon(excluding Pikachu). Adding previous gens' Pokemon would ruin Unova separation from other regions. So that's why R/S remakes have really high chance to be released in spring before Gray.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    There is also one thing about movies: FR/LG weren't hyped up by any movie and were released before Emerald. HG/SS were hyped up by movie 12 (featuring Johto starters) and were released after Platinum.

R/S remakes probably won't be hyped up by any movie because Unova movies and anime feature only 5th gen Pokemon(excluding Pikachu). Adding previous gens' Pokemon would ruin Unova separation from other regions. So that's why R/S remakes have really high chance to be released in spring before Gray.
    Some say Movie 8 hyped up FRLG even though it came out after FRLG because Mew was a star in it. Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon could be aswell.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Some say Movie 8 hyped up FRLG even though it came out after FRLG because Mew was a star in it. Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon could be aswell.

Movie 8 came out almost 1,5 years after FR/LG and featured Lucario, so it was made rather to hype up D/P. Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon came out even later and it wasn't connected to any game because it was special episode for Pokemon 10th anniversary.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Movie 8 came out almost 1,5 years after FR/LG and featured Lucario, so it was made rather to hype up D/P. Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon came out even later and it wasn't connected to any game because it was special episode for Pokemon 10th anniversary.
    Lucario was not the only legendary in the movie Mew was too. Celebi and the beasts advertised HGSS so people say movie 8 did for FRLG because of Mew.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The game being released in spring may be revealed in just a few days with Coro Coro. If its not revealed there, then it must be revealed at Jump Festa. They surely can't keep the game under wraps for much longer if its getting a spring release.

blue

gucci
    Years
    ^I agree, usually when they have a new mainstream game they release information for 4-5 months prior to the release if it's not in December then it's really going to be tight, but the odds of it being announced this month are good with what Jump Festa & Coro Coro.. I think it's only a matter of time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    If not in Jump festa then I'm sure it would be in Mach/April like they did in platinum, although since
    they announced the 15th movie I think they will reveal the 3rd game and the new form of Kyurem.

We might have information any moment from now.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'll admit I would be filled with joy if they announced an R/S Remake but if they announced a Third Game I'd still be really happy because I'm also looking forward to that too, as long as it's not a pointless spin-off really.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I'll admit I would be filled with joy if they announced an R/S Remake but if they announced a Third Game I'd still be really happy because I'm also looking forward to that too, as long as it's not a pointless spin-off really.
    Me too, as long as it's a main game, I will be satisfied, because I think they have announced enough spin-offs since B/W.

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    It is around the time for a main game to be announced. If it is a spin-off then I'm pretty sure the next game, after that will be a main series game. I have to say if it's not the R/S/E remakes I will be shattered. I really hope they are released soon. If the remakes are only on 3DS it will persuade me to buy a 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021

Yep, me too. Im praying for the R/S remakes though, because if we don't get them now then we'll probably have to wait until 2013/2014.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

Like I posted before, they probably aren't going to announce Third Game because it will be released in September. They will rather focus on game coming in spring.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Its going to be disappointing if its a spin off, it feels like there have been tons of spin offs and its time for a new main game. The only spin off I'll probably get is a BW Mystery Dungeon, that'd be pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    So did everybody forget how many spin-off Pokémon games we've had released between main titles before?

If we think back to 2006 ~ 2008 between Diamond & Pearl and Platinum being released, we had Pokémon Ranger: Shadows Of Almia, Mystery Dungeon Darkness & Time, Pokémon Battle Revolution and My Pokémon Ranch.

Back in 2004 ~ 2006, before Diamond and Pearl, the only Pokémon games released were Trozei, Dash, Ranger 1, Mystery Dungeon Blue for DS and Pokémon XD for the Gamecube. Which is a pretty apt comparison as we're now waiting for the first proper 3DS Pokémon game, as we were wating for D/P on the DS back then.

The more spinoff series they've created in the past few years only means the more games they can produce to make money between annual/bi-annual releases of the main Pokémon games.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's usually 14th-16th of each month so my estimate is a couple of days but it's more likely something will be announced at Jumpa Fest on 16th & 17th December considering TPC are attending for the first time.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    We should be expecting spoilers any day now. Hopefully later today or Tomorrow. I just don't see it being RSE remakes unless they pull a FRLG/Emerald which I doubt would happen again.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I say again I wouldn't be completely let down if it wasn't an R/S remake I think I'd be happy with a third game but theres always room for another spin-off but assuming they're announcing a game it seems a little too much hype for it to be a spin-off.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Lucario was not the only legendary in the movie Mew was too. Celebi and the beasts advertised HGSS so people say movie 8 did for FRLG because of Mew.

If you want to use that arguement, then one can also say that there is a chance it'd advertise RS remakes as well(if Hoenn Pokes happen to appear in it at all).

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    Honestly I'm gonna be mad if they don't announce anything relevant, either on CoroCoro or Jumpfesta.
    And by relevant I mean RSE Remakes or, on a less important note to me, BW 3rd game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back