• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • ^ Hnnng, I got TV Tokyo up streaming and it's not even Sunday in Japan yet. I'm watching old Japanese people SIP TEA, because i'm so excited now that Masuda has officially said there will be a massive announcement!

I am so pumped right now. It absolutely needs to be a R/S remake.
    I remember this is exactly how the HG/SS unveiling went.

I CAN'T WAIT AKJDIHDUH.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd be happy with either third game or remakes because I'm certain we'll get both eventually.. There's an equal amount of reasons why any of the two could be announced so it's close to call really... I am looking forward to both but by a clear mile I'd choose the remakes, I'd cry if they got announced on Sunday!

Also, not that it makes much of a difference but I just realised that the line-up on Pokémon Smash is the same as Pokémon Sunday (the show that HGSS was announced on!)
    PokemonSmash.jpg

We're going to find out tomorrow guys! I'm excited ;_:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    ^ Hnnng, I got TV Tokyo up streaming and it's not even Sunday in Japan yet. I'm watching old Japanese people SIP TEA, because i'm so excited now that Masuda has officially said there will be a massive announcement!

I am so pumped right now. It absolutely needs to be a R/S remake.
    I remember this is exactly how the HG/SS unveiling went.

I CAN'T WAIT AKJDIHDUH.

Do you think it's possible you can PM me the link to it please? :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Yeah, I'd be happy with either third game or remakes because I'm certain we'll get both eventually.. There's an equal amount of reasons why any of the two could be announced so it's close to call really... I am looking forward to both but by a clear mile I'd choose the remakes, I'd cry if they got announced on Sunday!

Also, not that it makes much of a difference but I just realised that the line-up on Pokémon Smash is the same as Pokémon Sunday (the show that HGSS was announced on!)
    PokemonSmash.jpg

We're going to find out tomorrow guys! I'm excited ;_:

I remember that guy in the middle with that 'stache from the HG/SS announcement! Never thought I would

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I'm trying to look for distinctive colours linking to Ruby and Sapphire ¬¬

The red on Zoroark and Blue on Oshawott... although they are always there so I highly doubt it means anything.

I really hope this is actually a good game announcement, it sounds like a game to me since Masuda posted about it on his English blog too, not just his Japanese one, which means it likely doesn't have anything to do with the Movie since the movie has only been announced in Japan so far.. makes me think it has to do with something worldwide which would be a main game hopefully.

Speedster

The Unknown
    Years
  • I could believe that that tomorrow they are going to be announced. Hoenn was not particularly my favorite region but I could believe these remakes will be very cool with BW graphics and such. It'll come down to a 50/50 chance between this and Gray. So either way I'll be happy (As long as its not on the 3DS only).

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Two Rayquaza related things on the Pokemon Japan page. I want to believe.

One of them's from a poll related to some Pokemon game election and the other for the TCG though, hahaha.

katiekun11

I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!
    Years
  • I'm actually rather excited. I'd love to have R/S/E remakes & my instinct is telling me that is what the announcement will be about... but if its' Gray, then that'll be fine too, since I love any Pokemon game. Hoenn is the best though. =]

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The have announced HG/SS like this, they could do the same this time, I don't have the feeling they're going to reveal the 3rd game, if they do reveal the remakes I hope it release very soon like Emerald it got revealed two months before the release date or that would happen to the 3rd game.

They've done like this in HG/SS announcement so I think they would do the same for R/S remakes It doesn't seem like the 3rd game announcement to me, If they are going to reveal R/S remakes I hope it release very soon like Emerald, it was released Two month after it had revealed, or the same could happen with the 3rd game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I don't know if it means anything but photos of Hoenn's starters have been uploaded recently to Masuda's Twitter.

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • How recently? Before or after his announcement about pokemon smash?

The announcement hasn't been made yet.

I don't know if it means anything but photos of Hoenn's starters have been uploaded recently to Masuda's Twitter.

Spoiler:

That's interesting, Plusle and Minin also I mean it may not have any connection but it still could be something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I wouldn't count that picture as a hint, because it was just something a fan sent to him and he just took a picture with it to show the fan that he received it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back