• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Vyyt4.png

The red pattern inside the 2 looks like Groudon's symbol on its body. Not to mention the red symbolising Ruby and the blue symbolising Sapphire.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Is BW2 supposed to be a sequel to BW like GSC is to RBY or similar to that?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Is BW2 supposed to be a sequel to BW like GSC is to RBY or similar to that?

Well that's what the speculation thus far is going towards may not be true. I can see people photo shopping the titles and removing the "2" to make them look like the remake logo's, just a thought!

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    The only way I'll have a reason to pick up one or both of these is if there are a bunch of hints towards Hoenn and RS remakes and what not, especially after that troll we got earlier from Pokesmash. I'm just going to watch everyone else' opinions on the games before picking them up this time, rather than the usual Day 1 buy.

As long as the remakes are for the 3DS and are made the best they can be, I'll try to be satisfied with this mess called Pokemon Black and White 2.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    To be honest, this is just as, if not more exciting than RSE remakes. These games are SEQUELS, not extra versions, so we'll see N and Ghetsis return.

I call dibs on Kyurom! You guys can have Reshirem!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    About that Hoenn episode on Smash... I read somewhere, I don't remember where, that Hoenn series are being repeated on TV Tokyo. I thought it could be false hint to R/S remakes, but I didn't want to ruin your hype at that time xD.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Hey, well this is very interesting.

Pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2, the logos actually have a ruby and a sapphire behind them respectively...
    ...N fled to a different region at the end of pokemon b/w, there is an airport in Unova...

It all points to either Hoenn being included in the games (which could be either good or bad for the r/s remakes) or that they want to hint towards the r/s remakes and get them out quite soon after these games.

Maybe they want to finish gen v on the DS after all with the R/S remakes, and that will be the end of pokemon games as we know it, and the series will be given a massive overhaul for the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Hey, well this is very interesting.

Pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2, the logos actually have a ruby and a sapphire behind them respectively...
    ...N fled to a different region at the end of pokemon b/w, there is an airport in Unova...

It all points to either Hoenn being included in the games (which could be either good or bad for the r/s remakes) or that they want to hint towards the r/s remakes and get them out quite soon after these games.

Maybe they want to finish gen v on the DS after all with the R/S remakes, and that will be the end of pokemon games as we know it, and the series will be given a massive overhaul for the 3DS.

Either Black's or White's file sizes are about 256 mb. Most capable DS cartridges can hold 512 mb of data, so there is plenty of space for new things. Who knows? Maybe Hoenn will be in B2/W2...could be Kanto as well, it appears in every gen.
    Imo Hoenn should be featured in separated remakes, having it's own characters and storyline. This year's Autumn is R/S 10th anniversary so it's perfect time to release remakes. They could also fit with movie 15 promotion, making Keldeo catchable in R/S remakes. Keldeo is said to travel around the world gliding across the water. In B/W old man says that Keldeo disappeared and nobody knows where... it could travel to Hoenn and appear in remakes.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd hate for Hoenn to be in B2W2, that would mean it would only be a small thing, it wouldn't have it's own game which includes all the characters, gyms, storylines etc. If it is then I will be devastated.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Let's not forget assuming they stick to the pattern trend we should be getting Gen VI in 2014, that leaves 2013 completely open for one more game considering BW2 will be released everywhere by the end of 2012, so what's in store for 2013? They can't just not have any games during that year and unless it's full of spin-offs then I'd assume we're getting a main game then and the only left possibility is the remakes. I don't see Hoenn being in thsi purely because of that reason, maybe some new areas here and there but let's face it... it would take years to develop Hoenn in the style that Unova is in and these games are only a year and a half after Black & White. I think they're mid-way through the development of the remakes but I can see lots of Hoenn references cropping up in these new games and as a cap of Gen V we will get the remakes 2013 as HGSS came out as the last games of Gen IV (right before the next gen)

Years
  • The funny thing is, when I first saw the logos for Black 2 and White 2, I thought they were for Ruby/ Sapphire remakes since they were more red and blue than black and white.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Let's not forget assuming they stick to the pattern trend we should be getting Gen VI in 2014, that leaves 2013 completely open for one more game considering BW2 will be released everywhere by the end of 2012, so what's in store for 2013? They can't just not have any games during that year and unless it's full of spin-offs then I'd assume we're getting a main game then and the only left possibility is the remakes. I don't see Hoenn being in thsi purely because of that reason, maybe some new areas here and there but let's face it... it would take years to develop Hoenn in the style that Unova is in and these games are only a year and a half after Black & White. I think they're mid-way through the development of the remakes but I can see lots of Hoenn references cropping up in these new games and as a cap of Gen V we will get the remakes 2013 as HGSS came out as the last games of Gen IV (right before the next gen)

Imo gen 5 seems to be rushed. I guess they want to release all main 5 gen games for DS as soon as possible, B2/W2 going to be released in June for DS are proofs for that. Most people were expecting single third version in September for 3DS. But they released something completely unexpected - two sequels for DS going to be released in June. After surprise like that everything is possible - they could release R/S remakes for DS in Autumn 2012 and then new main game for 3DS in 2013.

It can be said that releasing main games in June and Autumn of the same year would be bad for sales but it's still better to release some extra game in Autumn (R/S remakes) and earn some extra money, rather than releasing B2/W2 with remade Hoenn included because they would sell as one game, meaning lower sales. I think they want to release 6 gen main game for 3DS in 2013, so that's why they are rushing with 5 gen.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well I just hope they don't tie in Hoenn with these games because that would eliminate the need of a remake altogether and I want the full experience of Hoenn rather than a partial experience. I think we could hear of the remakes later this year... after all the 10th year anniversary IS November so why do you think they brought the release upto June instead of September? Going by that we MAY hear something by July, giving 4 months to give out info and do a japanese release for November 2012... maybe if not then there's all 2013 to go.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    If they are going to release R/S remakes, I don't see why they wouldn't release them in November. It'll be perfect for them to release the remakes on their 10th anniversary. This could be a repeat of 2004 where we got two main games.

Im just not sure why we are getting B2/W2 in June rather than the traditional September release date, and part me of thinks its possible they are releasing it early because they plan to release another main game this year.

Im worried about the fact they may have released B2/W2 early because it's a DS game and they want to start working on 3DS games so they aren't working on the 'outdated' DS much longer, which would mean that after B2/W2 they may possible just wait until Gen 6 for the remakes so they can release them on 3DS. While that would be cool, that would be such a LONG wait.

Im hoping the reason B2/W2 is being released in June is so they can release the RS remakes later in the year. That would be great, Hoenn deserves its own proper remake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Im worried about the fact they may have released B2/W2 early because it's a DS game and they want to start working on 3DS games so they aren't working on the 'outdated' DS much longer, which would mean that after B2/W2 they may possible just wait until Gen 6 for the remakes so they can release them on 3DS. While that would be cool, that would be such a LONG wait.

But that would mean 5 gen without any remakes, which would mean money loss for them. Anyway they put so much stuff related to R/S/E in 5 gen - dive, water currents, different music for Gym Leaders and Elite Four (with similar part to R/S/E Elite Four), Dream World which would be probably developed at Devon Corp (scientist at Devon says that they are working on device making visions of Pokemon dreams), etc.
    They put those things for some reason, so waiting for R/S remakes to 6 gen, would mean waste of adding those things.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Thats true, if there is a skip of a remake for one generation.. compared to other generations the sales would be a much lower figure and the fact that we are getting B2W2 worldwide in Autumn (I'd guess September) this has just been revealed today that is... again a shorter localisation than usual so that also supports the idea of the remakes coming out on their anniversary because that would be November so it would be 5 months AFTER BW and I'd assume it would be released in March 2013 for the rest of the world (The original RS we're released a year later in November 2003 for UK ;_; - Hope it doesn't happen with the remakes) but getting back on track if US, EU, Australia etc. get it by March 2013 that would be 6 months after BW2 so that's half of year for waiting for a new game, or they could just spread it along 2013. The only thing I don't want is Hoenn to be in BW2 thus getting rid of the need for remakes.. that would be the worst case scenario ¬¬

Oh.. and also this:

Following from Saturday's reveal of the Extremespeed Pikachu in the new Kyushu Bullet Train, the full details of the event have been announced. Firstly, from March 1st 2012 to May 6th 2012, you'll be able to receieve the Extremespeed Pikachu from the trains in Kyushu. This Pikachu is female, Level 50 and knows the moves Extremespeed, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot and Brick Break
    Next, there are some special promotions to tie in with Kyushu being similar to Hoenn. These distributions are in the stations throughout the Kyushu region of Japan. In them, during each period, you will be able to get one of three possible Pokémon. At the moment, only one of each of the three promotions is known. First, from March 17th 2012 to April 1st 2012, you will receive one of three Pokémon, including Sceptile. Next, from April 2nd 2012 to April 22nd 2012, you will receive one of three Pokémon, including Milotic and finally, from April 23rd to May 6th, you will receive one of three Pokémon including Metagross. You can go to other stations at the time and receive the other Pokémon
    Finally, you can receive a Groudon and a Kyogre at Level 80 in the Pokémon Centre in Fukouka. The distribution of Groudon runs from March 17th 2012 to April 15th 2012 while the distribution of Kyogre runs from April 16th 2012 to May 6th 2012. You cannot receive this Pokémon if you chose to receive the Extrmespeed Pikachu and you can only receive Groudon OR Kyogre, and not both. We'll bring more details on these as they come

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back