• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowMrk

Intangible
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    I have a feeling that Nintendo is pushing compatibility onto us more than anything else. It all started with Gen III and ever since they have made compatibility for all games (as indirect as it may be). If they were planning a remake for RSE ,then they would have built an ENTIRELY new game engine for B/W rendering the Gen III and Gen IV games obsolete. This is why I think Nintendo is going to start widening the time gaps between New Gen games and Remakes. As each generation is created, compatibility is going to have to be recreated for each previous Gen on the current Gen's engine. There is another possibility as well. Nintendo might start using their Current Gen engines for longer periods of time. This would start a new game schedule like this:

Gen I Engine:
    R/B/G/Y

Gen II Engine:
    G/S/C

Gen III Engine:
    R/S/E
    R/G Remake

Gen IV Engine:
    D/P/Pt
    G/S Remakes

Gen V Engine:
    B/W/(G)
    R/S Remake
    (Some New Gen game)
    D/P Remake

Gen VI Engine:
    (New Gen)
    B/W Remakes
    (New Gen)
    (Some other Remake)
    etc.

This would save Nintendo more money as opposed to creating a new engine for each New Gen release ,and they would still get the same income as if they did make a new engine per New Gen. Of course, this is all my own opinion and might be completely off ,so don't think that this is coming straight from Nintendo.

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
  • They need to add more trainers with lvl 100 pokemon in future versions, hopefully they do in R/S remake :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • These will and should be their last remakes. I love Sinnoh and will love Unova, but in my lifetime, they really don't need to be remade. They have been rendered in 3D and Hoenn hasn't so that's why I really want it remade. Plus all my saves of Hoenn are lost so I really don't have a team there and I'd really like one.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The remakes will have some Emerald features like HG/SS.
    But the question is: who is the champion?

Yeah, well they will do that merge the features that were in Emerald into two Ruby & Sapphire remakes just like they did with HG/SS with Crystal features, and the Champion would probally be Wallace as they would probally want Steven to be a post-storyline battle like Red is because it's more fun that way IMO.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    You can get RSE Pokemon all the way to BW. But it requires two DS's, one would have to be a DS Lite so you can migrate them, after that you have to get a second DS and then transfer them over. While you can still get stuff from Gen 3 it is becoming harder each release. The logical thing to do is to make Ruby and Sapphire remakes but with Emerald qualities.

I would personally LOVE remakes. I started with Silver version when I was really young but the main part of my childhood was Gen 3.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • You can get RSE Pokemon all the way to BW. But it requires two DS's, one would have to be a DS Lite so you can migrate them, after that you have to get a second DS and then transfer them over. While you can still get stuff from Gen 3 it is becoming harder each release. The logical thing to do is to make Ruby and Sapphire remakes but with Emerald qualities.

I would personally LOVE remakes. I started with Silver version when I was really young but the main part of my childhood was Gen 3.

Yeah, that's what made me think they may not remake it but they didn't include all of the Hoenn Pokémon, only a few, meaning that there are still some that are becoming unobtainable, but yeah I'd also Love an R/S remake, they're my favourite :)

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I don't think they'll remake them.
    RSG had similar graphics to Leaf Green/Fire Red, which is a remake.

So, it would be almost like a remake of a remake. (Graphically speaking).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, well they will do that merge the features that were in Emerald into two Ruby & Sapphire remakes just like they did with HG/SS with Crystal features, and the Champion would probally be Wallace as they would probally want Steven to be a post-storyline battle like Red is because it's more fun that way IMO.

I hope they fix his team...his amazing special sweeping Aggron. Oohhhhh, so tough. :|

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I hope they fix his team...his amazing special sweeping Aggron. Oohhhhh, so tough. :|
    I loled at that Aggron. Give it physical moves my god! and give him more steel types. I don't see why he didn't have magneton in RSE.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Yeah, well they will do that merge the features that were in Emerald into two Ruby & Sapphire remakes just like they did with HG/SS with Crystal features, and the Champion would probally be Wallace as they would probally want Steven to be a post-storyline battle like Red is because it's more fun that way IMO.

Why not have wallce be the gym leader and steven the champion. then after you beat the elite four have juan be the gym leader in the rematches and wallace be the champion and have steven be the strongest trainer to be battled after you complete a quest

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Why not have wallce be the gym leader and steven the champion. then after you beat the elite four have juan be the gym leader in the rematches and wallace be the champion and have steven be the strongest trainer to be battled after you complete a quest

Yeah, that would be a change to what they normally do.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I think Steven would be champion because of him being in HG/SS. And it would be a remake of R/S not Emerald.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Why not have wallce be the gym leader and steven the champion. then after you beat the elite four have juan be the gym leader in the rematches and wallace be the champion and have steven be the strongest trainer to be battled after you complete a quest

That'd be a nice way to integrate R/S with Emerald for the remakes. I'd definitely like to see that happen.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I agree, there weren't enough Pokemons in the originals.

Meanwhile, I'd like to see Steven as the Champion. I like him better than Juan and Wallace, and I was really excited when he showed up in Johto.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hopefully they will expand on the dex, considering some Pokemon got evolutions after gen III, like Rhydon. And Snorunt got an expansion with Froslass, so there's also that. And I think Regigigas should be included, since its trio is in Hoenn, but idk, I guess that's a step too far. :(

But yeah, some Pokemon that would defninitely need to make it into the updated Hoenn Dex:

Rhyperior
    Froslass
    Magnezone
    Gallade
    Probopass

Er, that's all I noticed. Hopefully it will include some Unova Pokemon, but that's very unlikely since they're supposed to be so far apart. Maybe after National Dex you could find some in the wild?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back