• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovi

schadenfreude
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I kind of hope its not for 3DS, because I had no interest in getting one.

I'm all for the remakes being on the 3DS, even though I don't even own one. A remake of a Pokemon main series game could increase sales for the system and encourage more companies to develop games for it. Sounds good to me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    No, no more DS games ever.

Guess what was on Nintendo's conference at the Tokyo Game Show?

3DS games, 3DS games, 3DS games, some Wii games and a single port of a GBA game as a downloadable DSi (and 3DS) title.

They've discarded the DS because they have a bigger, shinier, newer system that allows them to make bigger, shinier and newer games. Games that people will want to buy instead of another DS Pokémon game that looks just like the last four ones.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They might make it for 3DS to boost 3DS sales or make it for DS to get even more sales for the remakes themselves, personally I wouldn't mind which console it's on aslong as we get them. I'd say if we're getting them next year or the year after 2012/2013 whenever, that will mean the 3DS will have been released for over a year and I'm sure they wouldn't go back to DS games after that it's most likely it will be for 3DS considering the circumstances.

shadowpikachu0426

Just me, what did you expect?
    Years
  • I sooo hope they make a remake! I don't care if it's "Compatible" or crap, this is my favorite gen, next to 2 and 4th gens! I started on this one, I remember my cousin showing me a "game boy" (Wow....one screen. Ahhh memories) and there was a pokemon battle with his Blazkin (or however you spell that). The joy of having my first battle! He gave me Ruby and Pikachu Yellow. Best day of my life.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do see a R/S remake happening in the next 1-2 years for sure, besides if the 3DS is non GBA compatible then it's impossible to play R/S on the 3DS (the most recent and current handheld)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I kind of hope its not for 3DS, because I had no interest in getting one.

Well even if these games were on regular DS, the next Pokemon games would be on 3DS - so if you want to continue playing Pokemon, you're gonna need to get one eventually anyway lol

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • The only problem with a 3DS game that is part of the main series is what would be 3D? Really? I mean I have a 3DS.. The 3D effects are alright, I don't think you could do a pokemon game in the current style on it.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    The only problem with a 3DS game that is part of the main series is what would be 3D? Really? I mean I have a 3DS.. The 3D effects are alright, I don't think you could do a pokemon game in the current style on it.

By current, you mean like using sprites, etc., right? I'm sure they could still use them but I would rather them just upgrade the games to 3DS standard than keep them how they are now.

Btw, I did not think of these names, just saw them as an idea by someone on another site. How do these sound?: Volcanic Ruby and Oceanic Sapphire. Don't recall those being said on this thread so far, but with all the pages, they may or may not have.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Here's one thing I just thought of... 3DS will probably have Downloadable GBA titles right? Just like the Wii had all the console systems. So here's what I think... maybe.... the games will have compatability with the 3DSware versions of RSE FRLG. Maybe even all the other games as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah but that would require writing a handler to convert the data from one save file to another so I'd be very surprised if they were to bother.

More importantly, it'd open up a whole host of problems with save files and save states. If Nintendo decide (bother) to implement save state features into the games, or if the save files are unencrypted and can be copied from one SD card to another then that's a ton of prospective issues with save file abuse to be had.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    By current, you mean like using sprites, etc., right? I'm sure they could still use them but I would rather them just upgrade the games to 3DS standard than keep them how they are now.

Btw, I did not think of these names, just saw them as an idea by someone on another site. How do these sound?: Volcanic Ruby and Oceanic Sapphire. Don't recall those being said on this thread so far, but with all the pages, they may or may not have.

That just reminded me I seen someone suggest these names for the game in another forum I was looking through. They called it Rising Ruby & Soaring Sapphire. I guess they figured it would be like Heart Gold and Soul Silver a name that no one would predict or see coming. They sound pretty cool to me though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think we may see R/B/Y in the eShop sometime in the near future but not r/s/e I think they will remake them when the 3DS is a year old or something in 2012/13.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That just reminded me I seen someone suggest these names for the game in another forum I was looking through. They called it Rising Ruby & Soaring Sapphire. I guess they figured it would be like Heart Gold and Soul Silver a name that no one would predict or see coming. They sound pretty cool to me though.
    Speaking of possible names, I'm actually really scared to find out what they will name the remakes when that time reaches. I don't have the slightest idea of what they could possibly name them, and I really hope it isn't cheesy. I'm not sure what to think if the names are anything similar to HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I guess whenever that times comes I'll have to keep one eye open to know! :(

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I think we may see R/B/Y in the eShop sometime in the near future but not r/s/e I think they will remake them when the 3DS is a year old or something in 2012/13.
    When will people learn that there will be no Main pokemon games on the eshop. They cannot put them on the eshop because there will be no way to trade which is a main thing for pokemon.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    When will people learn that there will be no Main pokemon games on the eshop. They cannot put them on the eshop because there will be no way to trade which is a main thing for pokemon.

Despite all the negativity about the issue, I can bet that a lot of people would download the games for the sake of having them all in one place(and without the risk of batteries dying), if it were to happen.

Of course, since there is nothing saying there is even a chance for them to appear, people are going to play the "omg, I wouldn't download that" card, even though deep down they know they would, if there were a chance.

Apparently they are working on getting the NES games or whatever multiplayer at a later date, so we at least know that(multiplayer) is being worked on, so it's not like all hope is gone.

Back to the topic, I wonder what games they are really currently working on. Just like someone said earlier on this thread, all this speculation, etc. and nothing confirmed just keeps making me wonder the above.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What if they drastically changed things up. Instead of coming out with a ruby and sapphire remake they just come out with an emerald remake and pair it up with the third game?
    If they do that both games can have similar control interfaces and the same features ( ex. HG/SS controls and features were way better than platinum's) And you know how if you link black to white you can take people from black city and transfer them to white forest and Vice versa ? well what if in the games you can do the same but with trainers thru out the map.And what if when you complete both games you can transfer your characters and six of there pokemon ? And certain trainers can be battle , but all gym leaders can be battle to get the badges so you can compete in that regions pokemon league .( it would be more or less a tournament , but you will be able to battle the elite four in nonofficial battles )

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    I was just in another forum and someone pointed out something really interesting. A hint of R|S|E remakes they found in game was the Basculin. One has a Red stripe and the other has a Blue stripe (the colors of a Ruby and a Sapphire), although the Basculin aren't quite version exclusives one is more common than the other depending on which game you have, and coincidentally the two Basculin don't get along similar to how Groudon & Kyogre don't get along. Now whoever pointed this out must have really been digging deep because I don't think any common person would have noticed that (I sure didn't). I'm not sure if that counts as a hint but it could.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back